Atalanta 3 v Torino 0 - Lookman hangs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lookman v Torino

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:24 pm I am sorry, Finidi has to play this man, Kai
What are you sorry about?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Atalanta 3 v Torino 0 - Lookman hangs

Post by airwolex »

Guy there is criticism and there's what you did. You can't call a guy useless for 5 years and all of a sudden start opening game threads. You hated on him for non footballing reasons, all that one na your own. Keep up the energy, this is all fake love. As soon as he has a few bad games you will revert to form. I will always call you up for it just like to did me and Van City. Get used to it
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:39 pm
ANC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:24 pm I am sorry, Finidi has to play this man, Kai
What are you sorry about?
Figure of speech, sir.
I have no business saying who the coach should start, for one thing.
I am not you or Vancity Eagle :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

onovo wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:26 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:23 pm Poachers goal. Lookman ma real one chance player, his timing and runs are probably the most improved aspect of his game. He has transitioned from been a facilitator out wide to a scoring wing forward.
Is he no longer an expensive luxury ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No mind am.

Funny enough, these people are excited because they do NOT know Lookman. This has always been Lookman. Nigeria plays him as a winger, but he is NOT a winger. he is a forward. In a 3-5-2, he plays one of the 2. In a 3-4-3, he plays as one of the top 3. And thats why he was devastating at Leipzig and now at Atalanta.

Last season he was competing with Osimhen for Capocannoniere, until he lost form. But they dont watch football outside of EPL, so this surprises them
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:09 pm Meanwhile, why was Osimhen on the bench for Napoli?
Just came back from injury. Season is over - they dont have anything to play for; so there is no reason to risk 130 million Euros.

Roma was stupid last year. They had nothing to play for, had a deal to sell Abraham to an EPL club, played him in the last game of the season and he got injured. They couldnt sell him anymore.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:41 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:23 pm Poachers goal. Lookman ma real one chance player, his timing and runs are probably the most improved aspect of his game. He has transitioned from been a facilitator out wide to a scoring wing forward.

Funny enough, these people are excited because they do NOT know Lookman. This has always been Lookman. Nigeria plays him as a winger, but he is NOT a winger. he is a forward. In a 3-5-2, he plays one of the 2. In a 3-4-3, he plays as one of the top 3. And thats why he was devastating at Leipzig and now at Atalanta.

Last season he was competing with Osimhen for Capocannoniere, until he lost form. But they dont watch football outside of EPL, so this surprises them
Nope, he is no a winger most definitely.
How I wish Simon Moses would move in with the Lookman for a month , to learn a thing or two about cerebral football.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:17 pm
Cellular wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:08 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:32 pm

That’s what he was before he became a more direct player. He needed to add scoring to his game and he has, That’s how the game works. Top players can adapt and become even better. When he was useless he was useless. Tell me what use would he be if he wasn’t a threat to score as a LF?
Dude has improved quite a bit.
It shows that you are flexible in your thoughts and opinions when presented with compelling evidence.

His criticism was never about football.
This is just him doing damage control. Even as early as before the Nations cup he was at Lookman, calling him an unnecessary luxury, the threads are there.

The truth is that he was Atlanta's player of the season last time around. This is not a sudden improvement. This is why despite Van City's wahala he has forgotten more about football than a lot here know.
Anyone who knows that person knows who he is.

Like I said, Lookman was devastating last season, as well. And seasons before that, when played as a forward, he was fantastic. He didnt start today.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:37 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:33 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:28 pm Everytime the boys name was mentioned over the past few years you were always there with your negativity. I deserve every right to be just as dogged as you were. You need to learn a lesson.
What lesson? Was Lookman performing for SE before Afcon? It was during Afcon that he started to up his game for SE even though he was playing well for Atalanta. We must call it as we see it. Just because you had faith in him doesn’t mean he wasn’t useless when he was useless. He is playing the right way for both club and country. Isn’t that what we want?
You go explain tire! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Nope, he is no a winger most definitely.
How I wish Simon Moses would move in with the Lookman for a month , to learn a thing or two about cerebral football.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Just like Leverkusen, Atalanta uses their full backs/wingbacks to create the width and operate from the touch line. Both Lookman and Ketelaere plays behind Scamacca more like a supporting striker or attacking midfielders, with Lookman coming from the Left side of the pitch while Ketelaere comes from the right side.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

airwolex wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:40 pm Guy there is criticism and there's what you did. You can't call a guy useless for 5 years and all of a sudden start opening game threads. You hated on him for non footballing reasons, all that one na your own. Keep up the energy, this is all fake love. As soon as he has a few bad games you will revert to form. I will always call you up for it just like to did me and Van City. Get used to it
What non footballing reason do I have to hate him? Pls tell me.
When I called out Iwobi they said I was a tribalist. Am I a tribalist for calling out Lookman?
I also called out Onyeka for a while until he started performing for Brentford and SE,you missed that because you weren’t paying attention. What about ny beef with Simon and his cul de sac block parties?Did you miss that too?

I used to be the most anti FB on CE until I concluded that we ain’t going nowhere without them and changed my mind. Guess you fell asleep on that too. I’m probably the most consistent person on CE. You will never ever see me hate on a player that’s performing for SE. Btw, my next project is the Okoye for Nwabali restoration project so keep taking notes.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:01 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:40 pm Guy there is criticism and there's what you did. You can't call a guy useless for 5 years and all of a sudden start opening game threads. You hated on him for non footballing reasons, all that one na your own. Keep up the energy, this is all fake love. As soon as he has a few bad games you will revert to form. I will always call you up for it just like to did me and Van City. Get used to it
When I called out Iwobi they said I was a tribalist. Am I a tribalist for calling out Lookman?
I also called out Onyeka for a while until he started performing for Brentford and SE,you missed that because you weren’t paying attention. What about ny beef with Simon and his cul de sac block parties?Did you miss that too?

I used to be the most anti FB on CE until I concluded that we ain’t going nowhere without them and changed my mind. Guess you fell asleep on that too. I’m probably the most consistent person on CE. You will never ever see me hate on a player that’s performing for SE. Btw, my next project is the Okoye for Nwabali restoration project so keep taking notes.
kongi you were wrong and you are currently wrong. accept it and move on . e don do
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:10 pm

kongi you were wrong and you are currently wrong. accept it and move on . e don do
no mind am. just take your L and go into hiding. hopefully for a few years.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pm

What L? Daniella and BigP supporting each other trying to get a W. For wia? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:12 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pm

What L? Daniella and BigP supporting each other trying to get a W. For wia? :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You have had your own fair share of American babes o
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:39 pm Image
Doubt it.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Our best player without a doubt, Lookman finally hit his peak and long may it continue.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Wow. They are fighting back!
We never start. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This one pain am! He looks at their left wing - Grealish and Gordon and he realizes they have missed out on someone whow would have been a starter for them.

Dem never see anything yet. Once some of the boys start getting sense, we will be stealing them young. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damunk wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:17 pm
Wow. They are fighting back!
We never start. :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

:shyluv: Imagine Saka on the right, ademola on the left and VO9 in the middle with Vic Boniface withdrawn forward position.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ANC wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:15 am :shyluv: Imagine Saka on the right, ademola on the left and VO9 in the middle with Vic Boniface withdrawn forward position.
It wouldn’t work.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:18 am
ANC wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:15 am :shyluv: Imagine Saka on the right, ademola on the left and VO9 in the middle with Vic Boniface withdrawn forward position.
It wouldn’t work.
why?