TEAM LIST OUT FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: TEAM LIST OUT FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:59 pm The mistake Awaziem made was caused by indicipline by the defence starting with Nwabali. They were trying to act like they are Man City, passing the ball around the 18 with opposing players within 5 feet of the ball. We were even lucky Mali did not have players like Osimhen that puts serious pressure on the defence. I hope Finidi fixes this or we will concede more goal from pressure by opponents.

Having said that, whom would you have invited in his place, with Ekong and Omeruo out injured? Sometimes, experience matters. Rohr learnt this the hard way trying to play all young and inexperienced player against the same South Africa in Abuja.
Cellular wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:23 pm
olu wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:27 pm Here's my IX(3-5-2):

Nwabali
Bassey (LCD)
Awazeim (CD)
Ajayi (RCD)
Yusuf (DM)
Ndidi (DM)
Iwobi (AM)
Osayi-Samuel (LWB)
Tella (RWB)
Osihmen(CF)
Lookman (CF)

Awaziem shouldn't have been invited much more start.
I keep telling you guys if you watch games without knowing the names of the players you will see players who routinely play like they don't belong but for some reason because of their name, they keep getting invited and even playing.

Imagine if it was Tanimu that made the mistake Awaziem made. Do you think he will be invited back?
Do you think if it was Tanimu that was clearing the ball anyhow and into touch he will be invited back?
Or can't pass out of the back?
Could Awaziem have been able to recover and track down a striker who was about to score?
Oga, the problem wasn't playing the ball from the back but I was shocked a professional player will make the kind of cardinal error Awaziem made in that game. It is not the first time he makes such mundane error. He is too casual for me. He switches off at times.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

All players make mistakes. Even Ekong has made mistakes in the past while playing for Nigeria. The ocah obviously likes him. Will build him up after the mistake. Players appreaciate that from their manager.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The highlight is still there na. Even the game thread is there also. You have to look beyond the end result sometimes.

BTW, what unprofessional mistake did he make. Is an own goal an unprofessional mistake? He tripped while trying to get rid of the ball causing the ball to fall to the Mali player. I am not making excuses for him, but it wasn't as bad as it looked when you watch it closely.
Cellular wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:36 pm
1naija wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:59 pm The mistake Awaziem made was caused by indicipline by the defence starting with Nwabali. They were trying to act like they are Man City, passing the ball around the 18 with opposing players within 5 feet of the ball. We were even lucky Mali did not have players like Osimhen that puts serious pressure on the defence. I hope Finidi fixes this or we will concede more goal from pressure by opponents.

Having said that, whom would you have invited in his place, with Ekong and Omeruo out injured? Sometimes, experience matters. Rohr learnt this the hard way trying to play all young and inexperienced player against the same South Africa in Abuja.
Cellular wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:23 pm
olu wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:27 pm Here's my IX(3-5-2):

Nwabali
Bassey (LCD)
Awazeim (CD)
Ajayi (RCD)
Yusuf (DM)
Ndidi (DM)
Iwobi (AM)
Osayi-Samuel (LWB)
Tella (RWB)
Osihmen(CF)
Lookman (CF)

Awaziem shouldn't have been invited much more start.
I keep telling you guys if you watch games without knowing the names of the players you will see players who routinely play like they don't belong but for some reason because of their name, they keep getting invited and even playing.

Imagine if it was Tanimu that made the mistake Awaziem made. Do you think he will be invited back?
Do you think if it was Tanimu that was clearing the ball anyhow and into touch he will be invited back?
Or can't pass out of the back?
Could Awaziem have been able to recover and track down a striker who was about to score?
Oga, the problem wasn't playing the ball from the back but I was shocked a professional player will make the kind of cardinal error Awaziem made in that game. It is not the first time he makes such mundane error. He is too casual for me. He switches off at times.
Last edited by 1naija on Mon May 27, 2024 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Very solid list. The best and most logical SE list in a long time. I am glad that Moffi was included. Is Bruno Onyemaechi injured?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:22 pm
txj wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:31 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:45 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:45 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:46 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:07 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:20 pm Okoye

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Osayi. . Iwob....ndidi onyeka ..Tella

Vic. Lookman
Okoye in goal? It ain't happening, bros. You think say dis na friendly? No sane manager will do that unless Nwabali is injured. Okoye has to chop bench for a short while.
EII,

You do know that CE is chuck full of uniquely unrealistic people and ideas. Haven’t you noticed that most CEs are projecting Tella as a starter over Iheanacho. Does anyone really believe that’s what Finidi would do❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
So you would play Nacho as a wing back over Tella just because he is senior man ?

I know Finidi is not that stupid.
Finidi is not at all stupid and the wide man in a 4-3-3 is not a wing back. You are advocating that Lookman should play wide left in the 4-3-3. Since when did Lookman become a wing back? You are just desperately losing yourself in your ignorance and mindless bias🤔❗️

Cheers.

But Iheanacho is not a wide player. In a 4-3-3 there's no question he's better suited to start over Kele...
That is your opinion and yours alone. Iheanacho has played the wide attacking role for both Leicester and Nigeria even though he’s more comfortable in the support striker and line lead roles. Nathan Tella has only played a bit part for Bayer Leverkusen. No coach worth his salt would start Tella over Nacho in any conceivable role. Take that to the bank🤔❗️

Cheers.

The facts are clear for anyone who follows and understands the game. Kele has never been effective at the senior level in a wide role. Never!

And anyone who says Tella has only played a bit part role for Leverkusen clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

txj wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:18 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:07 am

Okoye in goal? It ain't happening, bros. You think say dis na friendly? No sane manager will do that unless Nwabali is injured. Okoye has to chop bench for a short while.
EII,

You do know that CE is chuck full of uniquely unrealistic people and ideas. Haven’t you noticed that most CEs are projecting Tella as a starter over Iheanacho. Does anyone really believe that’s what Finidi would do❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
So you would play Nacho as a wing back over Tella just because he is senior man ?

Finidi is not at all stupid and the wide man in a 4-3-3 is not a wing back. You are advocating that Lookman should play wide left in the 4-3-3. Since when did Lookman become a wing back? You are just desperately losing yourself in your ignorance and mindless bias🤔❗️

Cheers.

But Iheanacho is not a wide player. In a 4-3-3 there's no question he's better suited to start over Kele...
That is your opinion and yours alone. Iheanacho has played the wide attacking role for both Leicester and Nigeria even though he’s more comfortable in the support striker and line lead roles. Nathan Tella has only played a bit part for Bayer Leverkusen. No coach worth his salt would start Tella over Nacho in any conceivable role. Take that to the bank🤔❗️

Cheers.

The facts are clear for anyone who follows and understands the game. Kele has never been effective at the senior level in a wide role. Never!

And anyone who says Tella has only played a bit part role for Leverkusen clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.
Is Tella not a substitute at Leverkusen? How many matches did he start? He came on with 5 minutes to go when his club were already 3 goals down in the Europa League final and was brought on in injury time yesterday against Kaiserslautern in the German Cup final, if that is not bit part please explain the meaning, so I can understand what you’re talking about
I am happy
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Oh, with the exception of Okoye, right?
The epitome of hypocrisy on your part.
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:10 pm All players make mistakes. Even Ekong has made mistakes in the past while playing for Nigeria. The ocah obviously likes him. Will build him up after the mistake. Players appreaciate that from their manager.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Dammy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:10 pm

EII,

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Is Tella not a substitute at Leverkusen? How many matches did he start? He came on with 5 minutes to go when his club were already 3 goals down in the Europa League final and was brought on in injury time yesterday against Kaiserslautern in the German Cup final, if that is not bit part please explain the meaning, so I can understand what you’re talking about
You do know that txj’s calling card is to belittle anyone who has a different opinion from his. To him, Tella’s 2 minutes here and 5 minutes there for Bayer Leverkusen is proof that he should be starting over the 2nd highest active SuperEagles goal scorer🤔❗️

Cheers.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

My line up; 4321

-----------------VO9
----Ademola-------Kelechi/Boniface
--------------Iwobi
-------NDIDI-----Frank/?
Samuel---Bassey--Ajayi--Sadiq
-----------Nwabali

I really do not fancy Kelechi, but for his finishing ability.
Nigeria need to get Olise (i have not really seen him play), and your attack and midfield would be first rate.
Last edited by ANC on Mon May 27, 2024 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dammy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:10 pm

EII,

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.

He's not a bit part player at Leverkusen. He played in 24 games in the Bundesliga. That's not a bit part role
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:14 pm Oh, with the exception of Okoye, right?
The epitome of hypocrisy on your part.
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:10 pm All players make mistakes. Even Ekong has made mistakes in the past while playing for Nigeria. The ocah obviously likes him. Will build him up after the mistake. Players appreaciate that from their manager.
Okoye was having problems with his passport. Looks like he fixed that problem.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

wiseone wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:10 pm Very solid list. The best and most logical SE list in a long time. I am glad that Moffi was included. Is Bruno Onyemaechi injured?
I agree solid list. The only problem is the defense depth. No natual left back.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't expect to see Iheanacho starting. He has not been playing for his club and he wan't a starter at last Afcon. But who knows Kele could ball out in training. He has the talent to do that.
Chukwuze too has the talent to hit a good streak. The same streak Lookman is currently on.

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nathan Tella does look like a wing back in a 352 formation. He can play both left or right wing back.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

naijaguy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:14 pm Where did this list emanate from?
Neither the NFF nor the SE official media channels have posted this.
Cos from the list above, we don't have anyone on the left side of defence or he's planning to play Bassey as LB?
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
This is the real question.
Even the link provided by the OP doesn’t lead to the story.
E be like the list is 4-One-9.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Damunk wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:51 am
naijaguy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:14 pm Where did this list emanate from?
Neither the NFF nor the SE official media channels have posted this.
Cos from the list above, we don't have anyone on the left side of defence or he's planning to play Bassey as LB?
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
This is the real question.
Even the link provided by the OP doesn’t lead to the story.
E be like the list is 4-One-9.
Okay, thanks Damunk. :thumb:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They should drop one striker and add a natural left back.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Dammy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:36 pm
pindal123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:40 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:03 pm
I’m currently watching the Scottish FA Cup final between arch rivals Rangers and Celtic.
Leon Balogun is having his good game for Rangers and I believe he should be called up to replace the injured experienced duo of Omeruo and Ekong as a stop gap over the 2 WCQs.
He’s experienced, played well with Bassey at Rangers, injury fee and in form. It’s a no brainier
There is no need to recall Balogun, there are a lot of defenders that deserve a call up like:
- Igoh Ogbu
- Olisa Ndah
- Jordan Torunarigha
- Gabriel Osho (i read he is elegible)
It’s meant to be a stop gap for the 2 WCQs. Balogun is not new to the team and he will plug the experience gap in the central defence.
He’s fit and in form, so it should be a shoo in
Balogun has just been given a new one year contract by Glasgow Rangers
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:56 pm They should drop one striker and add a natural left back.
Wow, they listened to you. :thumb:
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Kingsley Ehizibue given all the injuries in defence. He has been very solid both as a central defender and as a right wing back in Serie A, especially since Cannavaro took over Udinese (who should know a thing or two about defending). He was also switched to LwB at times when required.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Paveman wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:19 am I’m surprised no one has mentioned Kingsley Ehizibue given all the injuries in defence. He has been very solid both as a central defender and as a right wing back in Serie A, especially since Cannavaro took over Udinese (who should know a thing or two about defending). He was also switched to LwB at times when required.
I didn’t know that Ehizibue played at central defence! That’s a bonus for us as we are short of quality central defenders but my fear is that we don’t seem to be interested in foreign born players under Finidi like we used to in the past.
The likes of Ehizibue and the Werder Bremen LWB have publicly indicated their interest in playing for Nigeria but there doesn’t appear to be any follow up. It’s like getting home based players into the national team is now the focus
I am happy
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Dammy wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:43 am
Paveman wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:19 am I’m surprised no one has mentioned Kingsley Ehizibue given all the injuries in defence. He has been very solid both as a central defender and as a right wing back in Serie A, especially since Cannavaro took over Udinese (who should know a thing or two about defending). He was also switched to LwB at times when required.
I didn’t know that Ehizibue played at central defence! That’s a bonus for us as we are short of quality central defenders but my fear is that we don’t seem to be interested in foreign born players under Finidi like we used to in the past.
The likes of Ehizibue and the Werder Bremen LWB have publicly indicated their interest in playing for Nigeria but there doesn’t appear to be any follow up. It’s like getting home based players into the national team is now the focus
Dammy, yes he spent a good chunk of the season playing wide right in a 3 man defence, although recently he has moved to full back-right wing back. If he remains injury free, he is very solid. Granted at 29 not a future SE prospect, but could serve SE well as a stop-gap solution. He was quite good last Sunday playing in such a high pressure game (do or die relegation battle) so I’m sure he can handle world cup qualifiers. His confidence also seems to have improved since Cannavaro came in a couple of months ago.