Lookman Nigeria Most Complete Attacker

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

onovo
Egg
Egg
Lookman Nigeria Most Complete Attacker

Post by onovo »

Having watched Lookman a lot for a while. IMHO, he seems to be Nigeria's currently most complete attacking/forward player in terms of skill set. He has good crosses and seems to be the best crosser of the ball in Super Eagles, his finishing seems even more clinical than Osimehn at the moment. The las has great technique, good ball anticipation, can dribble, has speed, and can give defence splitting passes. Here is a highlight of him made one day ago. He is a big loss to England !

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Lookman Nigeria Most Complete Attacker

Post by Damunk »

onovo wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:01 am Having watched Lookman a lot for a while. IMHO, he seems to be Nigeria's currently most complete attacking/forward player in terms of skill set. He has good crosses and seems to be the best crosser of the ball in Super Eagles, his finishing seems even more clinical than Osimehn at the moment. The las has great technique, good ball anticipation, can dribble, has speed, and can give defence splitting passes. Here is a highlight of him made one day ago. He is a big loss to England !

Damn. This is serious balling.
I’ve obviously not been following Atalanta anywhere near enough!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Damunk wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:32 pm
onovo wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:01 am Having watched Lookman a lot for a while. IMHO, he seems to be Nigeria's currently most complete attacking/forward player in terms of skill set. He has good crosses and seems to be the best crosser of the ball in Super Eagles, his finishing seems even more clinical than Osimehn at the moment. The las has great technique, good ball anticipation, can dribble, has speed, and can give defence splitting passes. Here is a highlight of him made one day ago. He is a big loss to England !

Damn. This is serious balling.
I’ve obviously not been following Atalanta anywhere near enough!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

For the past two seasons he has been hot. At the AFCON he would have had couple of more assists If Osimehn was not offside/more clinical. During the AFCON, against Angola there was this set Piece He took from a distance at the right side, the way he dropped that ball for Osimehn to head in for that goal which was eventually disallowed was a delight. He did the same thing against Cameroun which Ajayi scored and was also disallowed. He is the most complete Nigerian forward/attacking player currently.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Lookman looked so effortless (and seemed to have so much time) in the video.

That's a sure sign the guy is on fire. Long may it continue :thumbs:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

His game is complete.
He is often the fulcrum of Atalanta attack
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Lookman is proof that we should get all our ballers wherever they reside to play for us. I don’t care if they’re foreign born or not. This does not mean we should stop developing home grown talent or giving opportunities to good local
Players, but enough with the false narrative that we should stop begging foreign born players. What folks here call begging, I call recruiting.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:15 pm Lookman is proof that we should get all our ballers wherever they reside to play for us. I don’t care if they’re foreign born or not. This does not mean we should stop developing home grown talent or giving opportunities to good local
Players, but enough with the false narrative that we should stop begging foreign born players. What folks here call begging, I call recruiting.
Those that use words like “begging” or “rejects” know what they are doing.
For whatever reason, they have a need to prove they are thinking and operating at a ‘higher’ level than us.
They are the same people that freely use the term ‘WOWO’.
Na dem problem be dat.

Any rational person knows that recruiting top level fb’s and developing the local league are not mutually exclusive.
Local players are already handicapped for all sorts of reasons but it’s not the role of the SE coach to develop them.

The exceptional local players will always show themselves and thank God Finidi knows that and has said it publicly.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Abeg with the Agbero Midfielders we have right now.? All of them na Aporoka footballers with no brain. How can we have a complete footballer like this boy and we are struggling to score goals. I see a new and more deadlier John Utaka in this kid.

He will struggle and suffer playing for us like he did in AFCON. Unless we tell our midfielders to bring the ball to this kid. Give him the space to play football. Not this useless oneway passing ball to Osimen all the time. Finidi use ya brain as a Coach to use this gem of a player. Kai see baller....

Bia , I wish I can still play this game. With player like this in my front I will be salivating as a midfielder. All I will do is get him the ball to go score.. Kai we get footballers so? Midfield ooooo... George Abeg look for player who can run with the ball and give that killer pass in the Offensive 3rd to him and Osimhen. Boniface. Moffi. .. Chinike.....

I will say it here again like I did before the beginning of AFCON.. WE HAVE NO MIDFIELD.. YES NO MIDFIELD..

NDIDI and Co are all Aporoka players with no brain of a midfielder.

If you know football you will sure agree with me.... No confidence in anyone of them.. Why?

Na which kind player you don see in this world who calls himself a Midfielder and have no interest or skills in Scoring Goals?

Name one of the players we have that have that skill except weak IWOBI.. WE HAVE PROBLEM. BYE.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Agbako, you have been here since 2004 but with less than 520 posts.
With your precious #519 post, you decided to use it to call Ndidi a headless chicken
and Iwobi weak?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The local anti-FB brigade see the infusion of FB players as a barrier to making money from the sale of HBs on the foreign market. It prevents the HB players from being able to add the phrase 'super eagles player' to their resume.
Truth is ALL the local HB 'superstars' have been poor at the national team level and have never been good enough, but that has never stopped the anti-FB brigade from coming up with all manner of excuses.
Damunk wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:53 pm
packerland wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:15 pm Lookman is proof that we should get all our ballers wherever they reside to play for us. I don’t care if they’re foreign born or not. This does not mean we should stop developing home grown talent or giving opportunities to good local
Those that use words like “begging” or “rejects” know what they are doing.
For whatever reason, they have a need to prove they are thinking and operating at a ‘higher’ level than us.
They are the same people that freely use the term ‘WOWO’.
Na dem problem be dat.

Any rational person knows that recruiting top level fb’s and developing the local league are not mutually exclusive.
Local players are already handicapped for all sorts of reasons but it’s not the role of the SE coach to develop them.

The exceptional local players will always show themselves and thank God Finidi knows that and has said it publicly.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Agbako wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:18 pm Abeg with the Agbero Midfielders we have right now.? All of them na Aporoka footballers with no brain. How can we have a complete footballer like this boy and we are struggling to score goals. I see a new and more deadlier John Utaka in this kid.

He will struggle and suffer playing for us like he did in AFCON. Unless we tell our midfielders to bring the ball to this kid. Give him the space to play football. Not this useless oneway passing ball to Osimen all the time. Finidi use ya brain as a Coach to use this gem of a player. Kai see baller....

Bia , I wish I can still play this game. With player like this in my front I will be salivating as a midfielder. All I will do is get him the ball to go score.. Kai we get footballers so? Midfield ooooo... George Abeg look for player who can run with the ball and give that killer pass in the Offensive 3rd to him and Osimhen. Boniface. Moffi. .. Chinike.....

I will say it here again like I did before the beginning of AFCON.. WE HAVE NO MIDFIELD.. YES NO MIDFIELD..

NDIDI and Co are all Aporoka players with no brain of a midfielder.

If you know football you will sure agree with me.... No confidence in anyone of them.. Why?

Na which kind player you don see in this world who calls himself a Midfielder and have no interest or skills in Scoring Goals?

Name one of the players we have that have that skill except weak IWOBI.. WE HAVE PROBLEM. BYE
Agreed, Our midfielders are really limited in terms of skill set. majority are mainly jam bodi players/tacklers
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I said he was better than ALL of our attackers back when he was playing for Fulham.

As usual I was abused by football know NOTHINGS.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is a good player. But he is not Nigeria most complete attacker. He can't hold up the play against strong defenders. He is not the strongest in the air.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Yes it is recruiting and pretty much all top teams do it

From

Portugal, Italy, USA, Spain, Mexico, but somehow Nigeria is too big.

The last 3 afcon champions have won based on HEAVY recruiting. Morocco is a WC semi finalist based on heavy recruiting.

Yet Nigeria is too big.

Even England once took a player who was Canadian.

But Nigeria is too big.

Honestly the world of football has moved on. All these people pushing homebased this and that are just corrupt agents, or people with deep inferiority complexes.

If Portugal and Spain are recruiting players then it is not above Nigeria.

Please.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:25 pm He is a good player. But he is not Nigeria most complete attacker. He can't hold up the play against strong defenders. He is not the strongest in the air.
His ball control, dribbling, intelligence, passing, crossing, and shooting ability makes him our most complete attacker. It's not even close.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Bern saying this from day 1 but gatekeepers with 0 knowledge of football kick against it. They know themselves. Some Nigerians sadly are still stuck in 94. The world has moved on.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:53 pm
Bern saying this from day 1 but gatekeepers with 0 knowledge of football kick against it. They know themselves. Some Nigerians sadly are still stuck in 94. The world has moved on.
These people are so backwards.

There are templates for success

2023 afcon champion CIV - heavy foreign born influence

2022 WC semi Morocco- heavy foreign born influence

2021 Afcon champion Senegal - heavy foreign born influence

2019 Afcon champion Algeria- heavy foreign born influence

But the clueless and disingenuous fans have to go back to 2013 to reference Keshi and "homebased" even though the cup was largely won because of Mikel, Moses, Onazi, Enyeama.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

ANC wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:26 pm Agbako, you have been here since 2004 but with less than 520 posts.
With your precious #519 post, you decided to use it to call Ndidi a headless chicken
and Iwobi weak?
ANC take ya time oooo... Nah wah for you oooo.. I never use those words to describe our esteem footballers oooo.
Abeg I have a chance to meet these boys in the future ooo. There is a chance they will buy me small food chop just as a fan.

By the way. Na when Cybereagles platform started? Na 2024 when it was wrestled away from the Swedish boy? I forget his name now. Na my friend self before. We deh communicate privately onetime... yes yes yes Allard. Just to tell you I don siddon here for long.

Its not the quantity posts ooo. But quality. if I dont have anything to say I no deh talk ooo. i dont need to impress anybody here ooo. Not even my esteem Prof who I have so much respect for..

Cheers
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Roger that!
Football intelligence is oftentimes taken for granted.
Kid is a very intelligent footballer!
vancity eagle wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:35 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:25 pm He is a good player. But he is not Nigeria most complete attacker. He can't hold up the play against strong defenders. He is not the strongest in the air.
His ball control, dribbling, intelligence, passing, crossing, and shooting ability makes him our most complete attacker. It's not even close.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I have always been a fan. Even when Emir was abusing him before he even laced for Nigeria. Dude can play. No other Nigerian player using both feet as well as he can. His right is preferred but my, he scores some beautiful left footed goals Two in the Europa final!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Between Oshimen, Boniface and Lookman, Lookman is the least "dropable" of the 3. What I also love about him is his humble confidence. The thing the 94 boys had was ballz and confidence and lookman has it. When he was interviewed, they asked him..."in your charlton days did you ever imagine scoring a hatrick at a Euro final?" He answered that question the fastest - Yes! no time wasting, no...pause; yes before the questioner finished.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

icee wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:01 am Between Oshimen, Boniface and Lookman, Lookman is the least "dropable" of the 3. What I also love about him is his humble confidence. The thing the 94 boys had was ballz and confidence and lookman has it. When he was interviewed, they asked him..."in your charlton days did you ever imagine scoring a hatrick at a Euro final?" He answered that question the fastest - Yes! no time wasting, no...pause; yes before the questioner finished.
:(
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Lookman is too short to be a successful center forward. He ain’t no Romario…better for him to come in from the left/right like he does. As the center man, it won’t work
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet