Finally, NFF accepts Finidi’s resignation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

The NFF executive committee has finally accepted the resignation of Finidi George as Super Eagles coach.

The NFF reportedly refused to initially accept the resignation because the letter by Finidi was unsigned.

But the quit notice has since been signed and made available to all members of the executive committee to decide so that the coach could have his wish. An official statement to that effect was expected after the Sallah holidays yesterday, according to ScoreNigeria.com.

Finidi quit his post following the decision of the NFF to appoint a foreign technical adviser to boss him.
In his letter addressed to NFF president, Ibrahim Gusau, he said that in the light of the changes to the Super Eagles technical crew he headed and which had several persons handpicked by him, he has opted to step down from his post as head coach of the Super Eagles.
The NFF have announced they will hire a new coach before the 2025 AFCON qualifiers get underway in the first week of September.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/fin ... signation/
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Finally, NFF accepts Finidi’s resignation

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should go to Rivers Utd. Rivers got a lot of resources.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:22 pm He should go to Rivers Utd. Rivers got a lot of resources.
I agree. That is his level.

Chelsea, Napoli, Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus, Milan, Roma, Man United, Liverpool, Leicester, Barcelona etc etc were looking for a coach this summer. Finidi's mates and juniors were all contacted and some of them hired. Not one of these clubs reached out to FInidi, NOT ONE! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:29 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:22 pm He should go to Rivers Utd. Rivers got a lot of resources.
I agree. That is his level.

Chelsea, Napoli, Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus, Milan, Roma, Man United, Liverpool, Leicester, Barcelona etc etc were looking for a coach this summer. Finidi's mates and juniors were all contacted and some of them hired. Not one of these clubs reached out to FInidi, NOT ONE! :oops:
He is a level below Rivers United! Finidi is a PE teacher! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He will do well with Rivers. If he can win the title with Enyimba. He can do well with Rivers. Build a continental contender and enjoy your life in peace away from the chaos of the NFF. If an opportunity comes up to manage on the continent take it. I personally would never manage the SE under the current climate. Before I ever consider the SE job. It has to be a minimum of 2 year contract. Full support from the NFF. All my assistants must have contracts. 75K dollars a month salary. Revise the code of conduct to address late arrivals to camp.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:48 pm He will do well with Rivers. If he can win the title with Enyimba. He can do well with Rivers. Build a continental contender and enjoy your life in peace away from the chaos of the NFF. If an opportunity comes up to manage on the continent take it.
Why didnt he get any offer from Chelsea, Napoli, Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus, Milan, Roma, Man United, Liverpool, Leicester, Barcelona etc etc?
I personally would never manage the SE under the current climate. Before I ever consider the SE job. It has to be a minimum of 2 year contract. Full support from the NFF. All my assistants must have contracts. 75K dollars a month salary. Revise the code of conduct to address late arrivals to camp.
Why do you think Nigeria will offer you the SE position? An internet forum moderator, who hasnt done anything in football?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I have no experience. I am not qualified. But if they offer me the job today. I will say no. No thank you.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:23 pm I have no experience. I am not qualified. But if they offer me the job today. I will say no. No thank you.
So why do you think they will offer you the job?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

My point is even if I am qualiified, I am experienced. I have no other options. I will say no to the job offer. Will wait for another offer. Tnere are some companies like Boeing and other defense contractors I will never work for even if they offer me a lot of money. It is against my beliefs to support war or anyone that promote war. ItWorking for the NFF is a non starter. That is just me. I will also never work for the Nigerian government. I like professional environments. I can't function in an atomosphere of chaos.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:34 pm My point is even I am qualiified, I am experienced. I have no other options. I will say no to the job offer.
But you are not qualified and you are not experienced, so why will they offer you the job?
Will wait for another offer. Tnere are some companies like Boeing and other defense contractors I will never work for even if they offer me a lot of money. It is against my believes to support war or anyone that promote war. It is similar to me. Working for the NFF is a non starter. That is just me.
But you will support and promote fraud and bribery, as you have advocated for coaches who have been convicted of fraud?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ok I am not qualified. There is no need to offer me the job. You are right. Lets move on.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:40 pm Ok I am not qualified. There is no need to offer me the job. You are right. Lets move on.
I am glad we are aligned and you have accepted that you will not be offered the position.

However, I am not ready to move on and I implore you to hold on a minute, please! So, since you will not be offered the position, and as such, you will not have the opportunity to turn any offer down, how would you break the news to your assistants?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:50 pm 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
:D
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:43 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:40 pm Ok I am not qualified. There is no need to offer me the job. You are right. Lets move on.
I am glad we are aligned and you have accepted that you will not be offered the position.

However, I am not ready to move on and I implore you to hold on a minute, please! So, since you will not be offered the position, and as such, you will not have the opportunity to turn any offer down, how would you break the news to your assistants?
Danfo, see as you dey argue like woman
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

iworo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:20 pm Finally, NFF accepts Finidi’s resignation

The NFF executive committee has finally accepted the resignation of Finidi George as Super Eagles coach.

The NFF reportedly refused to initially accept the resignation because the letter by Finidi was unsigned.

But the quit notice has since been signed and made available to all members of the executive committee to decide so that the coach could have his wish. An official statement to that effect was expected after the Sallah holidays yesterday, according to ScoreNigeria.com.

Finidi quit his post following the decision of the NFF to appoint a foreign technical adviser to boss him.
In his letter addressed to NFF president, Ibrahim Gusau, he said that in the light of the changes to the Super Eagles technical crew he headed and which had several persons handpicked by him, he has opted to step down from his post as head coach of the Super Eagles.
The NFF have announced they will hire a new coach before the 2025 AFCON qualifiers get underway in the first week of September.

Finish didn’t sign his resignation letter? That’s quite unprofessional.

Also, the letter says Finidi handpicked several of his technical crew. Apart from the 3 assistants, who else did he handpick?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:45 pm
iworo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:20 pm Finally, NFF accepts Finidi’s resignation

Finish didn’t sign his resignation letter? That’s quite unprofessional.

Also, the letter says Finidi handpicked several of his technical crew. Apart from the 3 assistants, who else did he handpick?
Finidi don comot na! Another woman you be.. You too like drama
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi is a good coach. He will learn from the experience and get better. Wish him the best. He has my support. He should coach a club like Rivers United and continue to look for other opportunities. Coaching Nigeria was a bad decision. But you learn and you grow.

Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Danfo
Ohenhen
BigPokey

Don’t yall have Jobs? Kai!
Peter Obi For President 2023
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:10 pm Finidi is a good coach. He will learn from the experience and get better. Wish him the best. He has my support. He should coach a club like Rivers United and continue to look for other opportunities. Coaching Nigeria was a bad decision. But you learn and you grow.
I agree that Finidi is a good coach. The fact that it didn't work doesn't negate his qualities.1960 is not really long ago.
The prevailing mindset of a conquered people who pay deference to an Oyinbo is still prevalent in Nigerian society.Case in point, Vancity is a journalist who harbors those thoughts. The same is true for all the foreign coach hustlers in this forum.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:32 pm

Is that a bad thing? Is there something you'd like to say about women?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Babalawo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:25 pm Danfo
Ohenhen
BigPokey

Don’t yall have Jobs? Kai!
Any customer shown up to the bush to see you today/ Are you done mixing blood and rotten egg?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:52 pm
highbury wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:32 pm

Is that a bad thing? Is there something you'd like to say about women?
I will let you make that call. I am just stating my observation and interpretation.