An extremely racist article about the ANC in the UK Times.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

PaJimoh wrote:I will never buy the Times again.
My bro, stick with the FT or the Guardian. Avoid the Telegraph, Spectator and the Times. Do read them whenever you can because the best way to beat your enemies is to understand them.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

RudeBoy wrote:The only problem I see with the piece is that it is chillingly true! True not to the African living in the UK but definitely to the English man who pays for the BBC. Viewing figures of less than 100,000 do not lie! The African Cup of Nations is not shown in the USA for a reason. No one is interested in it except a minute part of the population i.e a few Africans!

And let’s be honest bar a few most of teams have been pathetic! Rwanda, Kenya, Benin, Zimbabwe and South Africa have been rubbish. Guinea, Senegal and Egypt only marginally better! Only Morocco, Cameroon, Mali, Tunisia and Nigeria have come out with any credit in the tournament so far and even then Cameroon and Nigeria can do better.

The general analysis of the matches is pretty poor on BBC. Stephen Keshi is an embarrassment as a co-commentator and if I was a Brit I would ask for my money back!

He is also correct about the Crouches! It was a crap TV programme. We discussed it on the Rant and Rave pages and agreed it was rubbish.

Yes he could have said it with a little more grace but the message is loud and clear Africans like the rest of the world should not entertain mediocrity!
Everything you say is true, but could'nt he have made the same points without insulting black people? The man is obviously racist and he saw an opportunity to take his cheap shots and he did.

You are absolutely right that we cannot continue to accept mediocrity. Success, the saying goes, is the best form of revenge. Until an African country wins the World Cup, we will not get any respect from these jerks. It will be even sweeter if an African country can do it with an African Coach. That way they cannot claim any credit.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

osa wrote:I just dey wait for SUYA's response to this article (if he can be bothered by sucy nonsense)
Where is GOTTI when we need him? SUYA, wia you dey?
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Utterly disgusting article. So biased and ignorant. I chose to forfeit reading the entire article as I just didn't want to be annoyed further. I hope this *kindperson* is alive and well when an African country lifts the WC.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

mke1010 wrote: I hope this *kindperson* is alive and well when an African country lifts the WC.
Amen!!!!
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

With the up coming Quater final match ups, I don't see how anyone can question the quality of soccer at this tournament?
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

That's why I like the USA..that guy would have been fired within minutes of that article hitting the newsstands
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

well such people will always be around,never the less the show most go on,not only the football but this circus we call the world.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Nanijoe-you are absolutely right. Not only would that guy have been fired but his only prospects would have been writing for the KKK.
PC
Egg
Egg
Re: An extremely racist article about the ANC in the UK Time

Post by PC »

Click below to read what Guardian writer, Martin Kettle, recently had to say about Rod Liddle's article on the Hutton report. It appears inaccuracies, untruths, and lies are all part of Liddle's journalistic repetoire:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story ... 51,00.html

Liddle's article on the ANC is in bad taste and whatever point he was trying to make was lost in his pointless and vitriolic rant.

The single area where I do agree with him relates to the 'expert' analysis during the games. It's been woeful. Garth Crooks and Mark Bright have stuttered and muttered their way through their presentations and its been slightly embarassing at times.

Regardless, the man clearly has a grudge against his former employers, the BBC, but he should realise they have a duty to broadcast programmes for its licence fee payers and, as far as I'm aware, Africans are among them. If Liddle isn't satisfied with the ANC then he can switch over and watch whichever non-league team is slugging it out for the 'romance' of the FA Cup.

Nah, dude is way off the mark.
eric
Egg
Egg

Post by eric »

This Little Rod guy needs to come down to the US and repeat the statement he made.
Its sad to see that a lot of this is still publicly allowed in the UK :(
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

This is what I got

Your message

To: [email protected]
Cc: Liddle, Rod
Subject: RE: Liddle
Sent: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:37:48 -0000

did not reach the following recipient(s):

[email protected] on Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:40:17 -0000
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=gb;a=
;p=newscorp;l=NIEXCHANGEIMS10402061640C9AGFHFR
MSEXCH:IMS:NEWSCORP:NEWSINT:NIEXCHANGEIMS1 0 (000C05A6) Unknown
Recipient
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

WHAT THIS GUY SAID IS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT JJ'S MANAGER SAID. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT HE ELABORATED AND WROTE A PIECE ON IT.

GUYS, WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.
HE'S ENTITLED TO HIS OPINION AND I'M SURE THERE ARE MANY LIKE JJ'S MANAGER WHO SHARE THE SAME VIEW WITH THIS GUY.

IT'S IS NOT WHAT HE SAID THAT WAS SHOCKING BUT PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WHO DID NOT FIND JJ'S MANAGER'S COMMENT OFFENSIVE.
FOR THOSE PEOPLE'S SAKE I HOPE THEY LEARN FOR THEIR OWN GOOD. I TIRE FOR OUR PEOPLE THEY DO NOT EVEN RECOGNISE WHEN OYINBO MAN DEY INSULT THEM.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

eric wrote:This Little Rod guy needs to come down to the US and repeat the statement he made.
Its sad to see that a lot of this is still publicly allowed in the UK :(
IT'S NOT ABOUT U.S OR U.K MY FREIND.
IT'S AN OYINBO THING.
WHETHER YOU DEY U.K OR U.S, DEM BE THE SAME ALL OVER.
EVEN THE OYINBOS WEY DEM BORN AND BRED FOR NIGERIA OR SOUTH AFRICA.
BEFORE YOU ACCUSE ME OF SPEWING CRAP.
I WENT TO SCHOOL/UNI FOR U.K. SO I ATE AND DRANK AND WENT ON SCHOOL TRIPS WITH THEM. SO I HAVE AN IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. SOME ARE STILL FREINDS THAT I HAVE RACIAL DISCUSSIONS WITH. AND I DEY FOR U.S CURRENTLY.

ANYWAY YOU GET THE FLOW....
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

You see, I happen to believe, love transcends all races and ethnic groups, you cannot be an ethnicist and condemn a racist. To me, an ethnicist is no better than a racist, they are two peas in a pod.
Waffi, let me clarify my position to you.

I am very proud of my ethnicity. Just as proud as 95% of the people on this board. And I see value in other ethnicities as I see in mine.

AND I MEAN NOR INTEND ANY HARM TO ANYONE OF ANY RACE OR ETHNIC GROUP. IN FACT I WILL BE THE FIRST TO DEFEND ANYONE WHO IS A VICTIIM AS A RESULT OF THEIR RACE OR ETHNICITY.

BUT I AM NOT A HYPOCRITE LIKE MANY WHO REPRESS PRIDE IN THEIR ETHNICITY TO SCORE POINTS. AND I WILL NEVER BE THAT KIND OF HYPOCRITE.

YOU ACT AS IF MY PRIDE IN MY ETHNICITY THREATENS YOU. BUT I AM SURE YOU HAVE PRIDE IN YOUR OWN ETHNICITY. SO WHY DO YOU FEEL THIS WAY. I HOPE YOU ARE NOT A HYPOCRITE.

ALSO, FYI I DO NOT SELECT MY FRIENDS BY THEIR ETHNICITY. ETHNICITY DOES NOT DEFINE HUMAN CHARACTER.

nothing spoil
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

This sort of crap is the reason why I want us to stick with home coaches. It really hurts me to see white guys leading us in any capacity. If we stick with our own, we will eventually catch and maybe even surpass the Europeans.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

IT'S AN OYINBO THING.

It's a little more than an Oyinbo thing... The kind of open racism that still happens in Europe is unbelievable.
Rush Limbaugh's statements about McNabb were nothing near as bad as what this guy has written, and he was 'canned' within a week.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

GWG, I hear you.

And to add, its not just about racism. Its actually about white-supremacy. racism is the symptom.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

DO WE EVEN HAVE ANY GROUND TO STAND ON.
SINCE LOCALLY WE HAVE WITNESSED AS MUCH HATE ON THIS BOARD BETWEEN PEOPLE WHO LOOK THE SAME AND COME FROM THE SAME COUNTRY AND CONTINENTALLY RWANDA IS THE MOST RECENT EXAMPLE.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

I apologize for using CAPS I just got worked up.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

nanijoe wrote:
IT'S AN OYINBO THING.

It's a little more than an Oyinbo thing... The kind of open racism that still happens in Europe is unbelievable.
Rush Limbaugh's statements about McNabb were nothing near as bad as what this guy has written, and he was 'canned' within a week.

No be dem fault.
Chei, if only we had a Mandela or Nkrumah for every African contry.
Leaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Leaf »

very very sad comments by rod liddle
whoever published the article should be held accountable too. its not journalism.. its slander.

someday soon, rod liddle will eat his words.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

omotori wrote:
You see, I happen to believe, love transcends all races and ethnic groups, you cannot be an ethnicist and condemn a racist. To me, an ethnicist is no better than a racist, they are two peas in a pod.
Waffi, let me clarify my position to you.

I am very proud of my ethnicity. Just as proud as 95% of the people on this board. And I see value in other ethnicities as I see in mine.

AND I MEAN NOR INTEND ANY HARM TO ANYONE OF ANY RACE OR ETHNIC GROUP. IN FACT I WILL BE THE FIRST TO DEFEND ANYONE WHO IS A VICTIIM AS A RESULT OF THEIR RACE OR ETHNICITY.

BUT I AM NOT A HYPOCRITE LIKE MANY WHO REPRESS PRIDE IN THEIR ETHNICITY TO SCORE POINTS. AND I WILL NEVER BE THAT KIND OF HYPOCRITE.

YOU ACT AS IF MY PRIDE IN MY ETHNICITY THREATENS YOU. BUT I AM SURE YOU HAVE PRIDE IN YOUR OWN ETHNICITY. SO WHY DO YOU FEEL THIS WAY. I HOPE YOU ARE NOT A HYPOCRITE.

ALSO, FYI I DO NOT SELECT MY FRIENDS BY THEIR ETHNICITY. ETHNICITY DOES NOT DEFINE HUMAN CHARACTER.

nothing spoil
On the contrary, I beleive we should all be proud of what we are while at the same time not look down on those who are not from where we are from.

Like I said nothing spoil. Lets move on.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.