Beating Cameroun means so much to Nigeria! (If the reaction.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Makanaky
Egg
Egg
Beating Cameroun means so much to Nigeria! (If the reaction.

Post by Makanaky »

...... on CE is anything to go by. :D )

While I expected some gloating here on CE, I have been blown away by the over the top gloating going on here!
I really didn't know how much it means for you guys to beat us, I guess I underestimated what this means to you guys.

I just hope you guys go on and win this whole thing because I would hate for all this euphoria to come to an abrupt end. :wink:
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
voodoo
Egg
Egg
Re: Beating Cameroun means so much to Nigeria! (If the react

Post by voodoo »

Makanaky wrote:...... on CE is anything to go by. :D )

While I expected some gloating here on CE, I have been blown away by the over the top gloating going on here!
I really didn't know how much it means for you guys to beat us, I guess I underestimated what this means to you guys.

I just hope you guys go on and win this whole thing because I would hate for all this euphoria to come to an abrupt end. :wink:

Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

i agree with you .. it is not good to count your chickens before they hatch .. we should still concentrate on winnin the ANC ...
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

You're a damn liar. You know what it means for us to beat you guys just as much as you know what it means for you guys not to lose to us. Yes you beat us in 2000, but penalty is anybody's game. The circumstances sorrounding it as well.
But if you really analyse it, you'll know that Nigeria has always had the upper hand.

This is our third ANC in 10 years. Ater the suspension, we hosted it and got to the final. Hostin, in my view cost us this chamionship. We never went throught he qualifiers: that could have helped gel the eam and take away 4 years of rustiness.

In Mali, your saving grace was we did not get to meet you in the final. We made it to the semi's, in typical alck of preparation, Naija style.

Now we've blown you guys out like a bad cold and we still don't even have a well gelled unit yet

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Your premature gloating makes this even better :lol: .

You should learn from the lesson of Ghana. They used to beat our behinds until we delivered that crucial psychological defeat. After that we had their number.
http://www.naijiant.com/
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damn right it means a lot. Tired of Europeans thinking that wrestling match your players put on is the best Africa has to offer. It means a whole lot to us Bro.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

PaJimoh wrote:You're a damn liar. You know what it means for us to beat you guys just as much as you know what it means for you guys not to lose to us. Yes you beat us in 2000, but penalty is anybody's game. The circumstances sorrounding it as well.
But if you really analyse it, you'll know that Nigeria has always had the upper hand.

This is our third ANC in 10 years. Ater the suspension, we hosted it and got to the final. Hostin, in my view cost us this chamionship. We never went throught he qualifiers: that could have helped gel the eam and take away 4 years of rustiness.

In Mali, your saving grace was we did not get to meet you in the final. We made it to the semi's, in typical alck of preparation, Naija style.

Now we've blown you guys out like a bad cold and we still don't even have a well gelled unit yet

Correction PaJimoh while we would have been happy with a win we would have been looking onto the SF match with Tunisia. It means more to you than it does to us, thats the truth. Even before this whole thing started there where a million and one threads here talking about the possibility of a CAM v NGR match. It only came up on camfoot when it became CLEAR that we where going to play you.
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
carbon
Egg
Egg

Post by carbon »

Camfoot is a dry place.
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

carbon wrote:Camfoot is a dry place.
15 million Camerounians and 120 million Nigerians.
mmm....... now i wonder which site would be busier. :wink:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Makanaky wrote:
carbon wrote:Camfoot is a dry place.
15 million Camerounians and 120 million Nigerians.
mmm....... now i wonder which site would be busier. :wink:
People like you have made Cameroon a lot of enemies here. The arrogance with which you come here to say Cameroon will win the cup even with five men, is what got everyone's backs up.

Even the team and Puma have been guilty of it. I suppose a little bit of humility is not a bad thing after all.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Yes winning means a lot to us. Be it Half-baked Lions or Brazil, or even lowly Benin, winning says it all. Shows we got heart. Competions are almost always about winning.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

All I want is for Nigeria to win the cup now. I hope they don't lose to Tunisia. Ugh....
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Makankay please stop trying to steal our Thunder. Either enjoy.....take ur beating like a man....or get lost and lick your wounds somewhere else. Learn from people like Mbape who is nothing but 100% class. Jeez !!
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

cic old boy wrote:Your premature gloating makes this even better :lol: .

You should learn from the lesson of Ghana. They used to beat our behinds until we delivered that crucial psychological defeat. After that we had their number.
cic oldboy, tell them, tell them!

I have pointed this out to these guys in quite a few threads, here are some:

On Naija historical ways of finally breaking jinxes:
viewtopic.php?p=39891&highlight=#39891

On the arrogance of the Cameroonians on CE:
viewtopic.php?p=31791&highlight=#31791

On Naija football style and what the fans want:
viewtopic.php?p=36865&highlight=#36865

You've lost the psychological edge for good!

Subsequent to this your loss, don't be surprised if you now find your team perennially chasing the soaring Super Eagles... In other words, yesterday's defeat may mean that your misery has just begun in our clashes. That would be so sweet, because in the most recent two decades marking the golden age of your football era (not the time of the old Green Eagles ending with Chukwu's captaincy), your Cats broke so many hearts, most of the time in a most questionable way. Yesterday's match was not disputable, was it? It's payback time, neighbours! :P
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

My understanding was that C3 told the troops before the game that during his time, himself and the fellas used to whup the living daylights out of the lions... and in a fatherly fashion, he promised the lads that he'll see to it that they put an end to this nonsense 100 pound cameroon gorrilla... so yes, Mankankay, we wanted that game badly cause we want to resume our rightful spot in Africa.. #1... Cameroon happened to be an obstacle along the way, but it nonethless was an obstacle we wanted to see en route to ANC glory... and now that we've gotten this monkey off our backs, i look forward to future beat downs... just ask Ghana... where are they? ... huh?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

i dont care what happens next. we have finally beaten Cameroon, shikena. The monkey is off our backs!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

OUCH
Makanaky, that was cold :D
NEDI
Egg
Egg

Post by NEDI »

You don't how much!!! I confess making a statement while watching the game, that "if we get beaten black n blue in the semifinal, I'm alright with that, as much as we wax the Lions".
So I'm at the height of my euphoria so to speak... forget about winning the cup.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The only people who are gloating are those who had doubts that Nigeria would win. I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that Nigeria was the better side, and I told you guys several times to mark my words. This was an expected win for me. In fact you are lucky to have scored a goal. I was convinced we would win 2 - 0 because I felt cameroon had been living off old Glory for the longest and there was absolutely nothing with their record that warranted the kind of fear that some exhibited on this board.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija said it ,all these people saying Cameroon where goinng to do this that & the other have changed their tune.Stiff Cameroonians aint S**£ .
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Nigeria have come thru turbulent times(1) Shady prep (2)Some player's refusal to honor iv(3) Expulsion controversy (4)Shock loss to morocco (5)Playing with only 16 out-field players (6)Over-coming once and for all the Cameroonian jinx. (7)An unfit JAG. If we achieved all these without anybody red-carded, my brother God has destined this one for us. These guys psyche is as strong as steel now. It will take a major SLIP to get us out of these one, Insha Allah, that will never happen. The attributes of a great team are there; goals from all departments, defence (yobo) midfield (JJ, Osaze, Lawal)wings (Utaka). Our striker has not even scored yet! Men , this is OURS! God will do it.
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

it's YOU who wound everybody up. When I watched the match win a friend of mine i was happy but not over the top happy because I knew Nigeria was a better team than Cameroon at this competition. Objective people will always tell you that we are two of the greatest teams Africa has produced and God knows I supported Cameroon at the Confeds final and was deeply saddened by Marc vivien's death.

But when we have illiterates like you rubbing in a false win in penalties as if maybe you ran the Eagles over, that is irritating. If you were even mildly objective you would have seen that cameroon at this competeition wasn' t the best team but you were boasting and beating your chest instead and that's why we had to disgrace and humiliate you as we did. for now, you are nigeria's wives in football. In fact even if cameroon wins the world cup -and you're probably not gonna even qualify by the way- you will stilll be nigeria's wives because Jay Jay took your boyz to school!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Please Makanaky, ur beginning to sound like a sour loser :mrgreen: