Let Us Commend Our Cameroonian Brothers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
Let Us Commend Our Cameroonian Brothers

Post by General Trousers »

The rivalry is strong, and we love all Cameroonians with all our hearts. It was a great game and we shall meet again. We commend you and know that this is just one of the many meetings between Nigeria and Cameroon.
Last edited by General Trousers on Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mbape
Egg
Egg
Re: Let Commend Our Cameroonian Brothers

Post by Mbape »

General Trousers wrote:The rivalry is strong, and we love all Cameroonians with all our hearts. It was a great game and we shall meet again. We commend you and know that this is just one of the many meetings between Nigeria and Cameroon.
Thank you sir. Said like a true sportsman.
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

well spoken , GT
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Well said GT, afterall its only a game :mrgreen:
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Rubbish this is the beginning of turning the IL into our *Nice Lady* like the black Stars of Ghana and Banana-Banana
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

yup...we love the Cameroonians. We also love to hate them. You guys make the competition(s) interesting, as Ghana don become weaklings.

But Lion meet sweet O! I can never forget watching you guys demolish us in 1984. Do you know what that does to you as a kid? Then came '88...my teenage years...then came 2000, a full-grown man!

We must meet you guys 3 times in the finals and defeat you in order to restore the balance!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

yeah broda, the game was entertaining, not to talk of physical.Thats what happens when two giants collide, the ground shakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!but it was a fair battle, and it won't be the last....Not like the riot tunisia and senegal produced...Talking about the Tunisia senegal match................... :wink:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Whatever you say about those thight wearing, plantain eating, french speaking, makossa dancing, barrel chested *kindpeople*, they are good sports...we can all learn from them.... If na Naija lose laik dat trust me to start sulking laik a baby.
fledi
Egg
Egg

Post by fledi »

Cameroon is still an outstanding team. They are not going anywhere.
fledi
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Big ups to Cameroon. The match was a real contest.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

fledi wrote:Cameroon is still an outstanding team. They are not going anywhere.
It will be a shocker if they miss the world cup...I agree on that one, these guys have a seat in Germany 2006, they show no signs of diminishing, and trust me if they make it, it won;t be the flops like '82, '94'98, and '02...............cameroon forever...........
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I'm really impressed by the way Camerounians have taken this defeat even here on CE.

Imagine the likes El Hadji Diuof here, he'd have punched all SE and his hand would have come from inside the PC too.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I'm really impressed by the way Camerounians have taken this defeat even here on CE.

Imagine the likes El Hadji Diuof here, he'd have punched all SE and his hand would just be out from inside the PC too, hitting all CE.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Spoken like a true General!

This was a match well worth watching!! But man, the
boys made the last 10 mins tough!!
soppoman
Egg
Egg

Post by soppoman »

Nigerians and Cameroonians such be proud because we are the best teams in Africa. What we saw on sunday(was high class football coming form Africa and that made me proud to be an African.
soppoman
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Today was a very exciting match for our SE and Cameroon gave a good account of themselves but were unlucky.

Nigeria has been very unlucky in our several encounters over the years and it is about time we got our payback.

Thanks once more for showing the Europeans that there is plenty pf football in Africa and there will be plenty more young players to follow.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

IL have always been gracious in victory as well as defeat, that is what makes a true champion.

I remember CAN 2000, fans and players alike were top draw.
I wish I could say the same for us fans.

We beat Cameroun 2-1, and some of us are yabbing as if we won the ANC already.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gooner1 wrote:IL have always been gracious in victory as well as defeat, that is what makes a true champion.

I remember CAN 2000, fans and players alike were top draw.
I wish I could say the same for us fans.

We beat Cameroun 2-1, and some of us are yabbing as if we won the ANC already.
yeah like those other teams are tobo teams. watch Tunisia surprise us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

General Trousers wrote:The rivalry is strong, and we love all Cameroonians with all our hearts. It was a great game and we shall meet again. We commend you and know that this is just one of the many meetings between Nigeria and Cameroon.
Good luck to Nigeria. We will be back.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

camex wrote:
Good luck to Nigeria. We will be back.

AND WE WILL DISGRACE YOU ALL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Thanks guys. As usual no matter our rivalry, we will still have the strong bond we have had for many years. Nobody can separate that. I wish Nigeria all the best in the remaining games, and most importantly to Christian Chukwu, as I am very proud of the job he has so far done with the Super Eagles. He is the only Nigerian coach to have successfully tamed the Lions in two playoff games. (LG cup finals and CAN 2004 quarter finals) I will also wish him the best.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Cameroon forever..the names of Abega, NKono, Milla, Mfede, Foe and Mboma makes me proud to be an African
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Rogermilla wrote:Thanks guys. As usual no matter our rivalry, we will still have the strong bond we have had for many years. Nobody can separate that. I wish Nigeria all the best in the remaining games, and most importantly to Christian Chukwu, as I am very proud of the job he has so far done with the Super Eagles. He is the only Nigerian coach to have successfully tamed the Lions in two playoff games. (LG cup finals and CAN 2004 quarter finals) I will also wish him the best.
Very well said, a true ambassador to the sport and his country..................All yabs and bashing on this web is for fun guys. Thats the nature of the sport...We are competitve and we are competing.............Hope to see Naija in the WC in germnay along side cameroon thrashing folks. It would be a pity not to see the likes of Eto'o thier..Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!Milla, your opinions and comments are warranted and welcome anytime..Long live Africa, and long live soccer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace.....................

SWEET MOTHA AFRICA OOOHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P