Wait o! Why pro ICs not shouting for local made jerseys?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Some of us be hard to please.

First itwas FC against IC. Now we have FT against IT :D :D :D

FT= Foreign tailor

IT= Indegenous Tailor AKA Ob------
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

Jiggerman21 wrote:
Baii wrote:JM, whats your bif with things made from the east?
Na by force dem go make you wear am? No be if you no like am, you no go buy am?
I dont have beef with eastern goods. Just wondering why our pro ICs here are not patronising the goods.
So you indirectly want us to tell you who wears Aba made or Onitsha made.
Make I ask you, do you have any traditional outfit, even if its one made by Sophisticat?
Last edited by Baii on Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

J21, make we support SE, NAIJA ALL THE WAY... ANC 2004 is ours!!!!!!! Abeg follow man sing..."Ose o Ose o Ose ...." :D
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Baii wrote:
Jiggerman21 wrote:
Baii wrote:JM, whats your bif with things made from the east?
Na by force dem go make you wear am? No be if you no like am, you no go buy am?
I dont have beef with eastern goods. Just wondering why our pro ICs here are not patronising the goods.
So you indirectly want us to tell you who wears Aba made or Onitsha made.
Make I ask you, do you have any traditional outfit, even if its one made by Sophisticat?
WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get plenty traditional made by honourable obioma dem. Robbynice, Eze, Gotti, all dem. :D
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

maceo4 wrote:J21, make we support SE, NAIJA ALL THE WAY... ANC 2004 is ours!!!!!!! Abeg follow man sing..."Ose o Ose o Ose ...." :D
I go follow you sing after you answer my kweshon :roll:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The guy would not have been my first choice on appointment but after qualifying us to the ANC he has proven to be reputable...however, I do not agree with some decisions he makes like Obodo as a striker but as a coach your record will make or break you and not who you play as striker
Jiggerman21 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:J21, make we support SE, NAIJA ALL THE WAY... ANC 2004 is ours!!!!!!! Abeg follow man sing..."Ose o Ose o Ose ...." :D
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

maceo4 wrote:The guy would not have been my first choice on appointment but after qualifying us to the ANC he has proven to be reputable...however, I do not agree with some decisions he makes like Obodo as a striker but as a coach your record will make or break you and not who you play as striker
Jiggerman21 wrote:
So shouldn't local tailors be given the chance that CCC had to "prove themselves as reputable"????
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

They need to have factories, buildings, not just thread and needle, if such an infrastructure is in place then of course they deserve to be given a chance...

May I remind you, CCC was the coach of Kenya? So its not like we are just going on the street and picking any 5 a side coach, he does in fact have international experience, such professional experience has not been had by Naija tailors...

I can't even believe I am arguing with ur obviously pro FC stand....this is pointless
Jiggerman21 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:The guy would not have been my first choice on appointment but after qualifying us to the ANC he has proven to be reputable...however, I do not agree with some decisions he makes like Obodo as a striker but as a coach your record will make or break you and not who you play as striker
Jiggerman21 wrote:
So shouldn't local tailors be given the chance that CCC had to "prove themselves as reputable"????
Super Eagus 4 Life!
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

maceo4 wrote:Is there a reputable local sports clothing company in Naija that I am not aware of? B/c if there is then there is no reason to look outside the country much like the Danes use Hummel....

If there is no such company in Naija, then pro FC's should please shut da ***** up & stop making stupid suggestions....kapish
What do you mean by reputable. If you don't start using or giving them contracts how shall they ever become reputable?.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

mouko,
thank you.

...and maceo, I suppose coaching Kenya constitutes high calibre international experience. I guess his reputation was boosted when they pushed him out. right?
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

yes o! the eagles wearing green and white buba and shorts!! or tie and dye..green white green with numbers on the back... :lol:

it's the same thing as being coached by CCC...
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

yes, tie and dye is the way.

Why do we have to wear colo-mentality style sports wear? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Y'all are helpless :lol: :lol:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

mouko wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Is there a reputable local sports clothing company in Naija that I am not aware of? B/c if there is then there is no reason to look outside the country much like the Danes use Hummel....

If there is no such company in Naija, then pro FC's should please shut da ***** up & stop making stupid suggestions....kapish
What do you mean by reputable. If you don't start using or giving them contracts how shall they ever become reputable?.
Uniform na cloth na tailor dey sew am....Fela Anikulapo
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Bell

Post by Bell »

JIGGERMAN, I'LL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, BUT...

...first tell me why YOU are NOT clamoring for a foreign FA, a foreign legislature, a foreign president, a foreign army, foreign newscasters, foreign fire fighters, foreign professors, foreign doctors, foreign reporters, etc. In all these areas I can assure you that the foreign variety is superior.

And as you are contemplating your response, keep in mind that I, an unrepentant and ardent pro-IC, indicated a strong preference for the Hummel offer based primarily on their promise to establish a factory in Nigeria. Keep in mind also that I had challenged on this site the NFA to get the chamber of commerce to try to do build a factory in Nigeria. You may want to match this by telling me what plans you have advanced to improve the quality of IC's besides the brainless "attach them to European clubs" or "send them overseas" ideas.
Bell
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

I remeber those worn in those days when I was in Elementary school with a clear and bold print for nyash saying PE.

Those would do, kajikwo?
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Man, I swear you guys need help, when I say reputable, Im talking about a company that has been providing sporting gear for school team, club teams, and other levels of sports in and around Nigeria. Once they have this sort of pedigree and have accomplished this with satisfactory success, then they are reputable enough to represent the country as they have beenrepresenting it in ground roots levels as mentioned above....

y'all are just going on about nothing....so let me stop taking you seriously

mouko wrote:

Super Eagus 4 Life!
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

In all seriousness....I can't wait for the day a nigerian sports clothing company will kit the eagles....It's not only easy ..we have the cheap labour, the quality tailors e.t.c..( u can't say nigerian tailors are not as good as the ones in china...cos thats wear NIKE is made)...the problem is like everything in Nigeria....nothing works...I'll encourage these industries if I were president / minister ....but enforcing the current standard on the eagles will be insane...thats exactly whats happening with CCC....I promote and support Indigenous business/persons but honestly if they can't do the job they we should look outwards....and encourage the ones inwards ...with many millonaires/billonaires in Nigeria it's a crying shame with don't have a small sports kitting company ..at least kitting the local teams in Naija
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

just stumbled on this on another site

http://www.naijasportswear.com/

but I'm almost sure they just print logos and the shirts are imported anyway
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

My point exactly, there isn't even a company kitting our local teams, local schools, etc... so how can someone suggest that we allow "tailors" kit the SE?

At least we have coaches working or who worked under the FC's so that have been learning and have gained the experience, we have IC's who have won the african champions league so its not the situation with tailors...
ugly boy wrote:In all seriousness....I can't wait for the day a nigerian sports clothing company will kit the eagles....It's not only easy ..we have the cheap labour, the quality tailors e.t.c..( u can't say nigerian tailors are not as good as the ones in china...cos thats wear NIKE is made)...the problem is like everything in Nigeria....nothing works...I'll encourage these industries if I were president / minister ....but enforcing the current standard on the eagles will be insane...thats exactly whats happening with CCC....I promote and support Indigenous business/persons but honestly if they can't do the job they we should look outwards....and encourage the ones inwards ...with many millonaires/billonaires in Nigeria it's a crying shame with don't have a small sports kitting company ..at least kitting the local teams in Naija
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

maceo4 wrote:My point exactly, there isn't even a company kitting our local teams, local schools, etc... so how can someone suggest that we allow "tailors" kit the SE?

At least we have coaches working or who worked under the FC's so that have been learning and have gained the experience, we have IC's who have won the african champions league so its not the situation with tailors...
ugly boy wrote:In all seriousness....I can't wait for the day a nigerian sports clothing company will kit the eagles....It's not only easy ..we have the cheap labour, the quality tailors e.t.c..( u can't say nigerian tailors are not as good as the ones in china...cos thats wear NIKE is made)...the problem is like everything in Nigeria....nothing works...I'll encourage these industries if I were president / minister ....but enforcing the current standard on the eagles will be insane...thats exactly whats happening with CCC....I promote and support Indigenous business/persons but honestly if they can't do the job they we should look outwards....and encourage the ones inwards ...with many millonaires/billonaires in Nigeria it's a crying shame with don't have a small sports kitting company ..at least kitting the local teams in Naija

In Naija there are probably only 2 or 3 coaches able to handle the national team and they are at best average.....but CCC is not one of them
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I don't disagree with you, but we are stuck with CC and so we can either pray for his downfall or support him...
ugly boy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:My point exactly, there isn't even a company kitting our local teams, local schools, etc... so how can someone suggest that we allow "tailors" kit the SE?

In Naija there are probably only 2 or 3 coaches able to handle the national team and they are at best average.....but CCC is not one of them
Super Eagus 4 Life!
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

All of una don colo finish... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bell:

While you're at it, why are you here in the US and not back at home if you so support local Naija made everything?

Why are you paying Taxes here? Voting here? Sales Taxes, Mortgage taxes? Etc. ETc.. I'll say my good friend your behaviour is hypocrictical.

When you lead the way then I'll support your points. You're here, part of the foreign brain drain and you are consuming foreign goods but yet you're telling all the people over there to consume only local goods. Na wah O !! :?

Your own pass man o. When I see you on occasions I don't see you wearing a traditional atire... Do you wear buba abd shokoto to work? Do you even wear local tie dye to play soccer? I seriously doubt it.. Practice what you preach my friend.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol: