Nigerian Navy got another junk!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mufu baba iyabo
Egg
Egg
Location: Never mind what u've left behind,keep in mind what u're yet to find"
Nigerian Navy got another junk!!!

Post by mufu baba iyabo »

US donates :roll: ship to Nigerian Navy
By Alex Olise
Relationship between Nigeria and the United States (U.S.) received a boost yesterday as the U.S. government donated another ship to the Nigerian Navy.

The ship NNS Obula sailed into the country's shores at about 11.10 a.m. from California in the U.S., where it was built. The crew on board the ship told journalists that it took 60 days to arrive in Nigeria.

"The new gesture from us brings to four the number of ships so far given to Nigeria. The three ships earlier donated are currently in the Niger-Delta region, where they are being used to check illegal bunkering and other heinous crimes within the region.

The Minister of State for Defence, Chief Rowland Oristejafor and the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Samuel Olajide Afolayan received the ship on behalf of Federal Government at the NNS Beecroft Jetty.

According to the minister, the gift has opened another chapter in the history of defence pact between both countries. The Guardian learnt that the U.S. has agreed to donate three more ships before the end of the year. The gesture by the U.S. followed a memorandum of understanding earlier signed by President Olusegun Obasanjo and his American counterpart President George Bush. The two presidents agreed to assist each other in area of defence by exchanging training programmes and provision of equipment. The ship will soon be dispatched into the high sea to join others in tackling crime and other problems within the country's territorial waters.

© 2003 - 2004 @ Guardian Newspapers Limited
"Heineken refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach". "Nos nihil effisere non possimus"- "To us Nothing is impossible"
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

The two presidents agreed to assist each other in area of defence by exchanging training programmes and provision of equipment.
What is the point the author is trying to make?
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:shock: Nigeria Military will train the Americans how to drink pepper soup :lol: and plan coups, as for the exchange of equipment :shock: i think it will be exchanging women :lol: :lol: :roll:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Senator WIRES wrote::shock: Nigeria Military will train the Americans how to drink pepper soup :lol: and plan coups, as for the exchange of equipment :shock: i think it will be exchanging women :lol: :lol: :roll:
Don't put your country down, leave that for other people to do! If the American ever need to fight in the jungles of West Africa the US can get very valuable advice on African jungle warefare!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

what can the nigerian military offer the US military...the only thinng i can think of is we will act as the meat the next the US want to do any peace keeping mission in West Africa...
Nigerian soldiers will be the ones up front taking the bullets while the three US marines offer commands from the back...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
aranka5
Egg
Egg

Post by aranka5 »

Abeg no call am ship.Na world wat 1 boat from the U.S coast Guard.
Nupe Proverb;If a fowl is scratching the soil for food, it may unearth the knife that will be used in slaughtering it’’.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Friendly fire fodder :shock:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian Navy got another junk!!!

Post by Ziontrain »

mufu baba iyabo wrote: Re: Nigerian Navy got another junk!!!
For a moment I thought we had bought a old Chinese ship! :D
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

RudeBoy wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote::shock: Nigeria Military will train the Americans how to drink pepper soup :lol: and plan coups, as for the exchange of equipment :shock: i think it will be exchanging women :lol: :lol: :roll:
Don't put your country down, leave that for other people to do! If the American ever need to fight in the jungles of West Africa the US can get very valuable advice on African jungle warefare!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Comprehension deficit again :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.