Top 10 : Best Teams Not To Win The World Cup....Oya, names!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet
Top 10 : Best Teams Not To Win The World Cup....Oya, names!

Post by original skeepolah »

Here is a list of teams i think could have won the WC, but they have not...Some will in the future, some, well they are heartbreaklers, and expect them to disappoint you......There are more but these are the chief culprits:

1. Spain

2. Holland

3. Nigeria

4. Cameroon

5. Belgium

6. Russia

7. Czech republic

8. Sweden

9. Serbia-Montenegro (Yugoslavia)

10. Mexico
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

holland
finish
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Spain and Holland. they have all the resourses both talent wise and financially wise but for some weird reason always **** up when it matters most.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

yep yep...heart breakers incorporated...Portugal,belgium and denmark follow along these lines..France redemmed themselves and left this corporation thanks to Zidane....... :mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

portugal hasn't won it?
Eaglet
Eaglet

who dash dem??/only 3 world cups, and has not been past the 1st round since '66........Please, them dey still wet make swami grant them their wish...All dat Figo,Costa,Gomes,Capucho,Baia and dem flop around like wingless bird....I beg ooohh!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Holland No1 by a long shot. I was gonna say England since their win in 1966 was controversial but they don't really qualify for this list. France managed to leave this list by hosting the tournament.
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

Nigeria.
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
Jinn
Egg
Egg

Post by Jinn »

Scourge wrote:portugal hasn't won it?
portugal will never win it :lol:

of course Holland is...i mean TWO finals!!!! that alone is enuf...no other country has reached a final & not won @ least 1ce.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Hungary 1954
Chile 1962
Portugal 1966
Peru 1970
Netherlands 1974 and 1978
Denmark 1986
Cameroon, Yugoslavia 1990
Sweden 1994
Netherlands, Croatia, Spain1998
Senegal, Turkey 2002
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

aaah haaaaa!!!!!!!Jinn come on now...they need to be consistent like their youth teams......The senior team has left much to be desired...A lot of promises and hopes,but in the end they come up empty..For as talented as they are, they need to do better........ :roll:
Jinn
Egg
Egg

Post by Jinn »

abeg no vex skeepo...but u should know that most countries eg brazil simply use their youth teams 4 breeding...so many shining stars never make it into the senior team...or if they do...many take years...e.g Bebeto, Giovanni Silva, Fernando Baiano...but 4 some countries Portugal inclusive...their shining stars get almost automatic shirts in the senior team...& then meet up with real warriors @ the WC & get murdered :lol:
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

i like akamoke's list as well...na true you talk jinn....dem head too dey big too soon!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

om if u want to list countries u have to specify what year...u cant just say Nigeria...because Nigeria 2002 team did not deserve to win..but if u say nigeria 94 then your talking....
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

I don't know if this counts but the Brazilian teams from WC 1982 and WC 1986. Those two Brazilian teams where an absolute joy to watch but they where let down by some suicidal defending.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Holland 1974
Holland/Netherlands 1998
Nigeria 1994
France 2002
Brazil 1982
Spain 2002 (far better squad than 1998 version, actually)
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
khalela

Post by khalela »

Spain.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Brasil 82
France 86
Holland 74
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Nigeria 1994, Cameroon 1990 and Sweeden 1994, Denmark 1998
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Timaye, teams that have NEVER....That would go under teams that shold have won but blew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Kojak
Egg
Egg

Post by Kojak »

Hungary in 1954 was far the best team...thay defeat (2-3 vs Germany) in the final was the biggest surprise in wc history.

:!: http://www.geocities.com/naijaweb2003 :!:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Brasil 1982 Zico, Falco,Eder and Oscar! and the Dutch team in 1974 are the two best team never to win the world cup! Those of you mentioning Nigeria and Cameroon should be shut! When was the last time these two teams were the best team at a wrold cup?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Kojak wrote:Hungary in 1954 was far the best team...thay defeat (2-3 vs Germany) in the final was the biggest surprise in wc history.

:!: http://www.geocities.com/naijaweb2003 :!:
Yeah you are right. The wonderful Magyars of the 50's were arguably Europes strongest team. Its a pity the did not win then. They probably will never win again.