JULIUS AGHAHOWA: TAKING A BREAK FROM SUPER-EAGLES!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Whilst JAG has every right to sort out his prof. career with his club and get fit, will some of his friends whisper the following names (aside from Kanu & Uttaka) in his ears as possible replacement in SE, ESPECIALLY if he misses the ANC/WC qualifiers when invited??
1. OSAZE
2.MARTINS
3.ONWUACHI BENJO
4. NWORGU
5. ELIAKWU
6. MAKINWA

Drop the hint that these guys will gladly fly economy class.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Hawkeye,

For the record, Jag didn't have any qualms flying economy.

It was the excursion/std economy nature of the ticket that caused the brouhaha.

Cheers
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He wants to show the world that he is still a great player,so he signs a further five year contract with Shakter.What is he thinking?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Kelechi
Egg
Egg

Post by Kelechi »

Will someone whisper into Hawkeye that a bird at hand (a proven bird too)is better than 6 in the bush---on the tree---in the making---unproven bird.
Hawkeye haven't you heard that JAG is still the one????????
For a child of God, silence in the face of problem is an act of ignorance
ruff4ruff4
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff4ruff4 »

Gotti wrote:CELLULAR:
Why do you folks even bother with these stories (with the emphasis on "story") that emanate from the Ade Ojeikere School of Journalism?!

Aghahowa was the captain in Chukwu's first-ever game as the national team coach against Angola in Luanda, and has always been selected under Chukwu whenever fit and available. And of course, it was obvious to EVERYONE in Tunisia (but this reporter, who was probably not in Tunsia) that Aghahowa was unfit for the rigours of an ANC semi-final.
The story is authentic. It was relayed on a local radio live programme (Brila FM).

I feel for the guy and I believe the outburst is borne out of frustration rather than any misunderstanding with CCC.
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

Jag is doing the right thing. He has tried his best for Nigeria now he needs to try his best for himself in order to get out of the club. If he bounces back to form and help Shakthar get into europe doing well, he will be released once his value goes up and teams come calling again.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Kelechi:

JAG didn't prove JACK to me during last ANC and I dwell on the present, not the past. The three productive strikers I saw in Tunisia were Uttaka, Osaze and Kanu.

Is he really still the one..... WHAT???

MR SHOW:

Nobody buys a full fare economy ticket one way. In this case from Lagos - Faro. If JAG left with CCC and others he would have had no problem securing a seat. He chose to remain and was not even sanctioned for that.

Whilst we should not compromise the players welfare, since they are the geese that lay the golden (well.. bronze twice) eggs, the players, particularly the foreign-based professionals should reciprocate by conducting themselves professionally.

Would JAG have stayed behind if this was his club without sanction, not to talk of demanding an upgraded ticket?
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

This is yet another example of the lack of understanding between the coaching staff and the players. If Nigeria fails to correct this problem, we will an exodus of our players, who've fallen out with the management. We need to start handling internal affairs is a professional manner. It cant simply be a matter of benching and banishing, otherwise we'll have nobody left to play. Somebody needs to slap the wrists, of both, the players and the coaches and tell them to sort it out,once and for all. We're playing football, not battleships, either we all pull in the same direction, or we all drowned. The door to the changing room, has always been open for stupidity and arrogance, for once, let us leave it ajar, so that professionalism may walk in and show its grace.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

So if others qualify the Eagles for the world cup in Germany,He'll be interested in playing then.Craze dey worry am.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Ekorian wrote:So if others qualify the Eagles for the world cup in Germany,He'll be interested in playing then.Craze dey worry am.
CELESTINE BABAYARO SYNDROME!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If i may add my two kobo words. Rather than castigate the bobo, i think we need to see the bobo's case from another angle. The guy i belive came to this ANC hoping and believing that he will use this competition to play himself into reckoning again, it did not happen. Right now i think the guy is just dissilusioned and possibly depressed as well, i dont know what he might be going through in Shktar, but i dont think he is having a great time, and the prospect of having to go back not knowing when his ordeal will be over i think just got too much for him to swallow all alone.
This habbit of castigating players at the slightest hint of discontent in my opinion is not the way forward. This time last year JAG was the king, in his moment of dissilusionment we are saying he should go and hang, i wonder what words of support that will be to him.
A good coach will call him sit him down and talk to him, he is suffering from loss of confidence, and any coach that has the inteest of his players at heart will use this opportunity to sit him down , give him the reassurances he needs, and words of encouragement.
Saying he can go to hell because Osazee scored two goals against SA makes me think we still have a long way to go, when it comes to man management. Because either you belive it or not, a fit and happy JAG would have taken the Tunisian defence to the cleaners with his pace and accuracy in front of goal. The only reason we did not play in the final was because JAG was not fit when he was needed most. We will need him for the qualifier, we need everyone on this team for the future engagements, we have a team now, that can be built upon.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

the only thing he can do now is take a break.. after all his position has been taking away from him by Osaze.. but on th ebright side. kanu is almost if not done already so there is still a glimmer of hope!!! :roll:
Okocha who now positions himself on the right hand side...watchout.. Okocha..Okocha..Still Okocha!!! what a run by JAYJAY!!
papa kojo
Egg
Egg

Post by papa kojo »

Good luck to AGHA-WONDER. He sure needs a break.
Who said Onigbide's eagles was "JUNK"
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

ruff4ruff4 wrote:The story is authentic. It was relayed on a local radio live programme (Brila FM).
RUFF4:
I am not exactly sure which "authenticity" you are referring to, but even the author himself did not atribute the following Ojeikerism to Aghahowa or Brilla FM:

"The latest decision by the player is seen as a tacit confirmation of the widening gulf between the coaching crew and a section of the players who feel that Chukwu favours players from his part of the country to the detriment of team play and unity in the squad."
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

Hawkeye wrote
JAG didn't prove JACK to me during last ANC and I dwell on the present, not the past. The three productive strikers I saw in Tunisia were Uttaka, Osaze and Kanu.
Don't make me laugh. Utaka scores 3 goals in about 15 SE games (a healthy ratio of 1 in 5), and Lens are so confident in his striking abilities that they have permanently parked him out on the right (a la Diouf), yat he is Nigeria's striking savior.

Osaze has hardly scored a goal all season long at La Louviere (whatever role he plays there is quite immaterial, it shouldn't stop him from scoring), yet one fair tournament means he is prime candidate to lead our attack. You must be kidding.

The fact is Nigeria can not DEPEND on any of those people you've named. Kanu? Italian Youth League stikers??? Puh-leaze!
"The youth of a nation must, out of relative obscurity, discover it's mission, fulfill it or betray it"... Frantz Fanon
Fegwu

Post by Fegwu »

ruff4ruff4 wrote:
The story is authentic. It was relayed on a local radio live programme (Brila FM).

I feel for the guy and I believe the outburst is borne out of frustration rather than any misunderstanding with CCC.

Ruff4ruff4
My brother did you hear JA say confirm this report with his mouth on BRILA FM?