FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria 1 -2 Argentina FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria 1 -2 Argentina FT

Post by Nkume »

Not surprised. Not bothered. I said that Ighalo was a waste of space 4 years ago, and have maintained that stance. Him and Brown Ideye are the worst excuses for strikers ever to wear green. I would have taken the best striker in the NPFL rather than Ighalo. Rubbish.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria 1 -2 Argentina:(Moses, Me

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
Thunder wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
marko wrote:Look no need for ifs and buts, the real argentina showed up and we came out 2nd best, that Rojo, a man united player scored when he should have no business scoring goals, bitter sweet since i am a unkted fan to the core

Some referee decisions, bizarre, i thought Rojo did not mean any malice when the ball riolled off his head to his hand, so that was the right call

Ighalo and Ihenacho, especially Ighalo sitter, all he had to do was have a bit of composure and that ball would have torn the net apart
You are one effed up somebody.

Club over country? :veryangry:

Have you been watching the games? They have given 3 PKs based on the hands not being in a normal position when the ball struck the person.
Ighalo chance was the same as a pk even closer and he missed it. We should focus on that as PK can also be missed too, the issue is the composure in such a position. We got our clear cut chance in that play and squandered it.
Also consider the defender’s hand could have changed the trajectory of the ball, thus affecting his shot preparation. Let’s give it up to these guys. They served us well.
Bros the defenders hand is what controlled the ball for an easy finish by Ighalo
I was too angry to reply as I might say something improper. The hand set it up for him perfectly so good that he balanced himself to score the goal of the tournament only to scoff the kick. The ball went to throw in for crying out loud,from half chance to thrown....where are the likes of Yekini , Ikpeba, Kanu when you need them.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
Enyi wrote:Iran got that penalty given to them but against Argentina......he was never going to give it twice
That's the bottom line. The second while it's been given wasn't Stonewall. Besides what we needed was to be clinical in their box. Hindsight being 20/20 Iwobi should've entered at HT.
Bro, according to the rules of the game it was Stonewall. Rojo used his head and hand to control the ball. The ball did not strike him. I bet Ighalo is claiming he missed because his hand changed the flight of the ball. That is a clear penalty.

As for the other one, it is dangerous play. A Stonewall penalty too.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

mutiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:Let's not lie Etebo sucked throughout. Because he runs and runs people thinks he is playing well. The guy never does anything but try to run with the ball. Several times he could have released Musa and Kelechi but he would run into a cul de sa. There's a reason he is in Stoke.
He defended well, but like you say he kept holding on to the ball for too long. There were at least two occasions when he could have put Musa clean through but he delayed the pass.
Iwobi would have made that pass. Just like Iheanacho would have buried Ighalo's chances.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
Enyi wrote:Iran got that penalty given to them but against Argentina......he was never going to give it twice
That's the bottom line. The second while it's been given wasn't Stonewall. Besides what we needed was to be clinical in their box. Hindsight being 20/20 Iwobi should've entered at HT.
Bro, according to the rules of the game it was Stonewall. Rojo used his head and hand to control the ball. The ball did not strike him. I bet Ighalo is claiming he missed because his hand changed the flight of the ball. That is a clear penalty.

Let us just say that if it was the other side,that FIFA agent would be blowing a penalty without a VAR.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Don't know how I feel about this loss, lots of emotions running so in order not to say things out of frustration, I'll just say that the boys tried their best but was not enough in the end

A prolific striker was needed in this game
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Maybe Iheanacho would have buried that chance,but he was so bad destroying the attacking moves everyone would be angry if he was not yanked off at half time.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

ogiso wrote:Nothing can surpass my feeling after our game v Italy in 1994. This one is disappointing, but too, but I’m hopeful because I saw a glimpse of a bright future.
Mister Dolly wrote:I'm so pissed and upset right now. We had this game in our hands and blew it!!
1994 still pains me when i watch highlights, today, we asked for it, Iceland did not give Messi a sniff of that goal for 90 minutes, there was heavy traffic in that area, they kept on attacking from Idowu side, maybe there should have been some help there, they bad some joy on that side
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

marutimon wrote:
mutiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:Let's not lie Etebo sucked throughout. Because he runs and runs people thinks he is playing well. The guy never does anything but try to run with the ball. Several times he could have released Musa and Kelechi but he would run into a cul de sa. There's a reason he is in Stoke.
He defended well, but like you say he kept holding on to the ball for too long. There were at least two occasions when he could have put Musa clean through but he delayed the pass.
Iwobi would have made that pass. Just like Iheanacho would have buried Ighalo's chances.
There's a place for midfielders who can run from deep though
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Make we go beg Oliseh to come back? 8-)
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

One more thing: You have a player that scored two on Argentina in November, yet you keep him on the bench for almost the entire game?

I understand the Ighalo - Iheanacho sub, albeit Ighalo is terrible (I would have preferred to risk Simy). But Iwobi needed to come on to be a counterattacking threat.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sad day,African don't need this European as their coach.Hope Sengeal can keep a light at the tunnel in this world cup
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:

His hand was in an unnatural position and that is the argument to give the pk but he did not use it to control the ball.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria 1 -2 Argentina:(Moses, Me

Post by felarey »

oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Thunder wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
marko wrote:Look no need for ifs and buts, the real argentina showed up and we came out 2nd best, that Rojo, a man united player scored when he should have no business scoring goals, bitter sweet since i am a unkted fan to the core

Some referee decisions, bizarre, i thought Rojo did not mean any malice when the ball riolled off his head to his hand, so that was the right call

Ighalo and Ihenacho, especially Ighalo sitter, all he had to do was have a bit of composure and that ball would have torn the net apart
You are one effed up somebody.

Club over country? :veryangry:

Have you been watching the games? They have given 3 PKs based on the hands not being in a normal position when the ball struck the person.
Ighalo chance was the same as a pk even closer and he missed it. We should focus on that as PK can also be missed too, the issue is the composure in such a position. We got our clear cut chance in that play and squandered it.
Also consider the defender’s hand could have changed the trajectory of the ball, thus affecting his shot preparation. Let’s give it up to these guys. They served us well.
Bros the defenders hand is what controlled the ball for an easy finish by Ighalo
I was too angry to reply as I might say something improper. The hand set it up for him perfectly so good that he balanced himself to score the goal of the tournament only to scoff the kick. The ball went to throw in for crying out loud,from half chance to thrown....where are the likes of Yekini , Ikpeba, Kanu when you need them.
:lol: I don't know why we bother about Kelechi nor Ighalo. Neither one nor both of them together has goals in them. We need to go find a proper striker for the SE. Once upon a time we yabbed Yakubu, what I'll give to get a Yak today....ahem. Anyway it's all good, we'll try again.....
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

cchinukw wrote:I don't know if I can really blame Rohr for this bro.

SE just couldn't bring themselves to focus. I sensed stage fright.

The tension of this match was extremely high.
I don’t get your analysis, Igahlo has never been clinical, iwobi would have being able to hold possession better and initiate counters with etebo and musa. We lost this game because of Gohr. He has repeatedly mad mistakes with his subs. If iwobi had that chance , he would have buried it.

Igahlo is not a striker at all he is very average, we lost because of the lack of knowledge of the coach and understanding of his players.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]
Last edited by folem on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

ohenhen1 wrote:The good news is I get to see France destroy Argentina.
Argentina will beat France.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Rohr claims iheanacho wasn’t fit. If I understand him correctly, he was saving subs to use at the end to burn the clock.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We cannot keep on sacking cosches, we need prolific strikers and we need to look for them, our problem today was the finishing, Musa worked his socks off but his support cast were terrible, even if Ighalo started, dont think it would have made any difference
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

We are simply no match for Argentina in tournaments, maybe one day we will get it right
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In fairness to Rojo, eyes were on the ball and more ball to hand than hand to ball. As for the high foot, he had a right to go for it, dangerous play perhaps, but unless Iheanacho puts his head in the thick of it and makes it a fifty/fifty, as he should've done, he was never going to get the call.

Nigeria had no answer to Messi for the first 45, few do when he's in that mood. Fortunately, Sampaoli paired him with Higuain who is as Odion Ighalo as they come. Igwe was far from imperial second half, having over exerted himself in the first. Rather than bemoan decisions which were balanced, on another day the Mascherano penalty isn't given and Balogun is sent off, the buck rests with poor game management, the gap between attack and midfield stretched with each passing minute. .Where were Ndidi and Etebo? They didn't do enough in support.

In a group of Argentina and Croatia, it would be expected that the two that did, would be the two that would qualify. Nigeria still have a way to go, hopefully lessons will have be learnt and this brief holiday will have helped to establish a footballing identity.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Schillachi wrote:Make we go beg Oliseh to come back? 8-)
Yup or Siasia. Oliseh has got to have better tactical acumen and not turned a spectator like Rohr. A Siasia coached team will bang in goals against this Argentine side. Pinnick should either stick with Rohr or get one or both of these two and give them the same support.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I honestly don't see what VM's role is going forward. Hindsight is 50/50 but Moses Simon seems to be a more dynamic forward. He was awful in the first half and only marginally better afterwards. It was as if he was sulking.