We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Post by Gotti »

wiseone wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:12 am Yet strangely, he is not in the national team.

‘Proof’ that Peseiro is on the take? :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Nwobodo with a stoppage time winner to push Cincinnati 8 points clear of the Eastern conference :clap: :clap: :clap:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Akinsanmiro, Eletu and Marcus Abraham are all promoted to the first team of their respective clubs for the pre season
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:20 am Akinsanmiro, Eletu and Marcus Abraham are all promoted to the first team of their respective clubs for the pre season
Marcus is 23 and needs to start playing or just go somewhere else.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I have a feeling this will be the year for some of our defenders and midfielders.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Frank Tebo starts and helps his side to a cleansheet away victory that takes them to the next stage of UCL qualifiers

Meanwhile a relatively unknown LB Emmanuel Godwin (18) from the same academy as Abel Ogwuche made his debut for Trelleborgs in the Swedish 2nd division

Both guys made the bench in their game today
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sunset wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:49 pm Frank Tebo starts and helps his side to a cleansheet away victory that takes them to the next stage of UCL qualifiers

Meanwhile a relatively unknown LB Emmanuel Godwin (18) from the same academy as Abel Ogwuche made his debut for Trelleborgs in the Swedish 2nd division

Both guys made the bench in their game today
going to keep an eye on him.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

We should keep an eye on Michael Folorunsho of Napoli. He’s been tipped to make a loan move to Serie A rivals, Empoli or Verona but the new coach, Garcia is observing him in pre season before deciding whether to keep him or let him leave on loan.
Victor Osimhen could help convince him to play for Nigeria as he’s under Mancini’s radar
I am happy
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

User moved post to another thread
Last edited by wiseone on Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:20 pm This is the player that nearly broke Asisat's ankle with that studs up middle of the ankle horror "tackle" (which the ref and the VAR strangely failed to notice or punish).

It should have been a straight red card.

FIFA is unbelievably corrupt. They let European men play in a women's tournament but African players have to get hormone tested🤔❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:20 pm
wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:20 pm This is the player that nearly broke Asisat's ankle with that studs up middle of the ankle horror "tackle" (which the ref and the VAR strangely failed to notice or punish).

FIFA is unbelievably corrupt. They let European men play in a women's tournament but African players have to get hormone tested🤔❗️

Cheers.
Africans are their own worst enemy. Wasn’t it CAF that made the Zambian star player miss the WAFCON over some abnormally high levels of testosterone/gender eligibility test. FIFA ended up clearing her to participate at this World Cup.

If you want to blame FIFA on something, look at the suspect referees & VAR that are officiating at this World Cup. Nigeria, Jamaica & Haiti got unfavorable red card/pk given against them.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Not surprised. I bet most of the "women" on the USWNT are men.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what's wrong with you guys this thread is for our defenders and midfielders, however some joke decided to post a gay woman here
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:37 pm

Cheers.
Africans are their own worst enemy. Wasn’t it CAF that made the Zambian star player miss the WAFCON over some abnormally high levels of testosterone/gender eligibility test. FIFA ended up clearing her to participate at this World Cup.

If you want to blame FIFA on something, look at the suspect referees & VAR that are officiating at this World Cup. Nigeria, Jamaica & Haiti got unfavorable red card/pk given against them.
My friend, don’t be naive. Who do you think mandated CAF to do what they did? And when the European associations threatened to rebel, they quietly changed their minds? You really think CAF does anything so controversial without FIFA’s acquiescence? Wake up❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:59 am

Cheers.

My friend, don’t be naive. Who do you think mandated CAF to do what they did? And when the European associations threatened to rebel, they quietly changed their minds? You really think CAF does anything so controversial without FIFA’s acquiescence? Wake up❗️

Cheers.
I'm struggling to understand what FIFA has to gain from banning one player from Zambia? Conversely, CAF president, Patrice Motsepe has a lot to gain. The guy is a billionaire and I doubt he gets bossed around by Infantino. It's likely that he made the call so that South Africa can win their first WAFCON.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:08 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:59 am

Cheers.

Cheers.
I'm struggling to understand what FIFA has to gain from banning one player from Zambia? Conversely, CAF president, Patrice Motsepe has a lot to gain. The guy is a billionaire and I doubt he gets bossed around by Infantino. It's likely that he made the call so that South Africa can win their first WAFCON.
So he went after Zambia and not Nigeria? That makes little sense. Besides, how was he going to guarantee that the SA shemales don’t get disqualified❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

I heard Celtic is planning a bid for Ndidi, as Rogers believe in him.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:12 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:17 am
Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:18 am Raphael Onyedika with another solid outing in Midfield for Midtjylland

While Alhassan Yusuf has come to grips with whats expected of him in Belgium as his coach clearly has more confidence in him
Na wa, wasn’t that Onyedikas poor pass under no pressure that led to a PK?
Dude why are you so fuuking critical? These guys are barely in their 20s. Mistakes will be made. Instead of encouraging them you nitpick at their mistakes. You are just as bad as Bush rat that is obsessed with Osimhen.
:rotf:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

onovo wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:41 pm I heard Celtic is planning a bid for Ndidi, as Rogers believe in him.
Then we need to completely close the book on Ndidi. Rogers ruined his career by constantly rushing him back after length injuries. Secondly, the Scottish league is very poor and I doubt they will pay him more than what he’s making at Leicester. Thirdly, Rogers was cutting away his playing time before he got fired. Other than playing in a familiar system, there isn’t that much benefit for signing with Celtic.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He will play in the Champions League every season and win the league title every season.
packerland wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:06 pm
Then we need to completely close the book on Ndidi. Rogers ruined his career by constantly rushing him back after length injuries. Secondly, the Scottish league is very poor and I doubt they will pay him more than what he’s making at Leicester. Thirdly, Rogers was cutting away his playing time before he got fired. Other than playing in a familiar system, there isn’t that much benefit for signing with Celtic.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

wiseone wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:15 am He will play in the Champions League every season and win the league title every season.
packerland wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:06 pm
Does CL qualifier count as playing in the champions league? I believe the Scottish champion still have to go through the CL qualification which is no easy peasy.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The Scottish champions gain automatic entry into the group phase of the Champions League while the team in 2nd place enters in the 3rd qualifying round.

This is why both Celtic and Rangers played in last season's group phase.
packerland wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:08 am
Does CL qualifier count as playing in the champions league? I believe the Scottish champion still have to go through the CL qualification which is no easy peasy.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

In my second thought and just my opinion though. I feel Ademola Lookman among our attacking players and other players, might just be the most suitable candidate for our attacking midfield position for now. I have watched some of his clips, and can confirm he is very comfortable with the ball on his feet, he has good turns notable of great midfielders, he is creative and a very good passer and crosser of the ball.

In his club Atalanta, he has been played in a more central position of a supporting striker rather than his traditional wing position. He has excelled there and has brought depth to the Atalanta attack. Rather than play him in the wings in our national team, I would suggest he is played as an Attacking midfielder behind Osimhen (as earlier suggested by someone in this forum). Whilst Chukwueze plays the right wing, I would suggest we rather look for someone else to fill the left wing, which is easy for us to do considering our numerous attacking depth. During build-up play, Lookman should fall in to the midfield to help move the ball forward to the attackers, and then join the attackers after the transition to become an extra man in the attack.

My only concern is his ball winning abilities, but this should not be a problem if we have two other midfielders playing alongside with him that have the ability to win the ball.

We can try him for such role against Sao Tome and Iran friendly.

You can share your thought. Thank you.