MIKEL IS A PUNK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chxta
Egg
Egg
Re: MIKEL IS A PUNK

Post by Chxta »

platinum wrote:Too many times we forget these chaps are human beings. A significant trait amongst man is the difference in motivation. What drives Mr A doesnt drive Mr B and so on, I think its very presumptious to label him without having ALL the facts at hand. You have not walked his shoes, you do not know where it pinches. You do not know all the facts at hand, you are drawing conclusions based off stories here and there, nothing solid.
You say the Chelsea/Nigerian team docs say he's fit, even if he would have missed a game or two(ala Andrea Pirlo), maybe he could still possibly have played but you know what we don't know this 100%. If he's more career driven, good luck to him. The team won't miss him. That much I know. Lets shift focus to the guys who will don our national colors with great pride, just like at the olympic games i repeat we will not miss him.
Hmm...

I wonder what motivated this fellow.

The point is this: regardless of motivations, there are certain behaviours that are generally acceptable social behaviours, and the truth is that John Chewkube Michael Obinna's behaviour towards the Nigerian national team over the course of the last three years has left a lot to be desired. It's almost like he forgets that he needs the team to renew his work permit. We were once at this same stage with Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

Watch Mikel suddenly become very committed when the Home Office refuse to renew his work permit...
Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

We're spenting more time talking about a player that is not going to represent us than those that are in SA.

We've got replacement for Mikel in Haruna, we've got Etuhu for sideway passing, Ayila, Kaita etc. Mikel should go and rest his money maker.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Molue Conductor wrote:All i know is that if Martins had done this, there would be more people screaming Blue murder
...put it this way, Obi got more money than Martins, Nigerians gravitate more where the dough is "larger" :woot: :woot:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chxta wrote:
platinum wrote:Too many times we forget these chaps are human beings. A significant trait amongst man is the difference in motivation. What drives Mr A doesnt drive Mr B and so on, I think its very presumptious to label him without having ALL the facts at hand. You have not walked his shoes, you do not know where it pinches. You do not know all the facts at hand, you are drawing conclusions based off stories here and there, nothing solid.
You say the Chelsea/Nigerian team docs say he's fit, even if he would have missed a game or two(ala Andrea Pirlo), maybe he could still possibly have played but you know what we don't know this 100%. If he's more career driven, good luck to him. The team won't miss him. That much I know. Lets shift focus to the guys who will don our national colors with great pride, just like at the olympic games i repeat we will not miss him.
Hmm...

I wonder what motivated this fellow.

The point is this: regardless of motivations, there are certain behaviours that are generally acceptable social behaviours, and the truth is that John Chewkube Michael Obinna's behaviour towards the Nigerian national team over the course of the last three years has left a lot to be desired. It's almost like he forgets that he needs the team to renew his work permit. We were once at this same stage with Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

Watch Mikel suddenly become very committed when the Home Office refuse to renew his work permit...
You're missing MY point. I'm saying do you know for sure he's not hurt?
Sportsmen have different thresholds for pain, some will play with one leg, others find it hard to perform with a little tweak.
People are jumping to conclsuions based on his past antics and thats understandable but what i wonder is why we're doing that when in two days we start off a possibly glorious adventure, if one man says he is not fit to contribute to the cause then why are we still debating his case when (1)the tourney is so close and (2) there are others who will slide right into the team without us missing a beat.
Is this not the same Mikel who Nigerians have been shouting doesnt fit into the team? The same guy Nigerians have been saying "we dont know the best position to play him"? His absence should simplify things for us if so.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Riversboy wrote:
mcal wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:VE even though u be real yeye.. i no g lie i am very dissapointed in my boy, but the bobo knew he wasn't match fit as well.. but have no fear, we now have capable replacements.. Mikel must come out strong during the next 2 ANCs and Brazil 2014/Worlcup 2018
...not only not match fit, that midget messi may shame him on world stage since '05.
That's the part that tickles my scalp about Mikel's decision, if indeed the docs said he was good to go. Wouldn't you want a second chance at Messi on a World stage? E be like sey Naijas are immune to irredentism.

Guys, try and get real for a minute. Kanu can barely run, yet he wants to go to the World Cup. That is the dream of every football player.
I am of the belief that if Mikel was 95% fit, he would play. He is not helping anyone by hiding his injury just to keep a WC spot.

All we can do is hope that he gets fit soonest so he can get on with his career and improve by 2014.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

balo wrote:
Riversboy wrote:
mcal wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:VE even though u be real yeye.. i no g lie i am very dissapointed in my boy, but the bobo knew he wasn't match fit as well.. but have no fear, we now have capable replacements.. Mikel must come out strong during the next 2 ANCs and Brazil 2014/Worlcup 2018
...not only not match fit, that midget messi may shame him on world stage since '05.
That's the part that tickles my scalp about Mikel's decision, if indeed the docs said he was good to go. Wouldn't you want a second chance at Messi on a World stage? E be like sey Naijas are immune to irredentism.

Guys, try and get real for a minute. Kanu can barely run, yet he wants to go to the World Cup. That is the dream of every football player.
I am of the belief that if Mikel was 95% fit, he would play. He is not helping anyone by hiding his injury just to keep a WC spot.

All we can do is hope that he gets fit soonest so he can get on with his career and improve by 2014.
..right on there, career is worth more than surfering for ungreatful nation :thumbs:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
Riversboy wrote:
green4life wrote:
Riversboy wrote:
mcal wrote:
Perhaps Mikel will run & kick with his hands. Only in the minds of irrational Nigerians.
Notice I prefaced that with "if indeed the docs said he was good to go"??? Only in the eyes of illiterate Nigerians.
Doctors are always 100% right. Ask Ghana fans about Essien. Only in the minds of naive Nigerians.
Did Essien re-injure the same muscle/tendon? And how many other players start playing once their doctors rule them fit and then re-injure the same body part? If it was left up to players to tell their coaches when they are healthy then whats the point of doctors?

Lastly, this same Mikel thats complaining about pain has played through the pain barrier taking injections to play for Chelsea in the EPL/CL.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Anyone who thinks a young guy would not want to play in the world cup is a complete dunce! It's obvious the guy couldn't play!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Doctor's report ko. Chelsea docs are best ni. Mikel was fit but inexclicably wasn't able to play against Saudi Arabia, Columbia and certainly would've missed the North Korea game after his first full practice. What will these same critics say had Mikel not played one minute against North Korea? Will you all be very happy and recommend the team carry a certain unfit Mikel into the WC on the back of no friendlies and not knowing when he will be 100% fit a la Kanu & Amokachi in 1998? Before you answer remember there are multiple threads on this forum calling for Mikel to be axed if he's not fit.

How much longer will he have to hide his injury behind Ogunjobi & Lagerback insisting he's 100% fit before the same hypocritical Nigerians will crucify him as a selfish unpatriotic injured Nigerian wasting a WC slot that could have gone to a fit player when they see him on the bench against Argentina.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Chxta wrote:Two sets of doctors gave the man the go-ahead to play. He chose to opt out. I respect his decision. He/his fans should respect my right to say that he is a bloody coward.
dude is a disgrace. Drogba broke his hand a few days ago but is still trying to play This punk had surgery several weeks ago yet he pulls out. Its a shame but dude has no character
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Let it all out guys. Release all the hatorade that's been built in. It must have pained you so much to see him helping your country earn the WC ticket given he has no character and is so useless a player.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

RudeBoy wrote:Anyone who thinks a young guy would not want to play in the world cup is a complete dunce! It's obvious the guy couldn't play!
With respect, he turned down the chance to play in the Olympics because he wanted to impress his new coach at Chelsea so it's not that implausible.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

looking back Samson siasia's decision to omit him from the Beijing squad has been thoroughly vindicated. Siasia obviously noticed the shocking lack of character in the boy and believed Nigeria deserved better. Good news is once Siasia takes over this traitor can carry on with club career undisturbed
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Riversboy[/color] wrote: Shebi you never hear sey we no suppose insult players again?

REWRITE: Mikel's decision was punkish.

SUYA: It's repetitive stress injury from kicking the ball in an unnaturally backward direction.
:rotf:
:scared: choi Ce na wicked place :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

vancity eagle wrote:IM SORRY BUT IT HAS TO BE SAID, MIKEL U ARE A PUNK BI$% WHILE OTHERS ARE FIGHTING FITNESS TO PLAY FOR THEIR RESPECTIVE COUNTRIES IN SA, THIS GUY WHO WAS CLEARED FIT BY CHELSEA'S DOCTORS (EVEN THEY PASSED HIM) THE GUY PULLS HIMSELF OUT OF PERHAPS THE ONLY AFRICAN WC IN HISTORY, HAS THE GUY GOT NO DAMN SELF RESPECT, OR PRIDE. DOES ANYBODY HERE THINK THAT ROONEY, OR MESSI WILL RULE THEMSELVES OUT OF A WC EVEN WITH THEIR WHOLE CAREERS AHEAD OF THEM. MIKEL U ARE A PUNK, IM SORRY BUT THIS HAS TO BE SAID, IT IS THE TRUTH.
Very stupid post. Only the player himself knows what he feels when he tries to play. Not the doctors or the fitness assessors. First off the doctors and assessors go by average recovery times (which is never the same for everyone) and the feedback from the player himself regarding how he is feeling.

Those same doctors and fitness assessors (or fitness tests) have declared players fit in the past when in fact they were discovered to be hiding injuries bad enough to render them useless to the team come crunch time. So much for the fitness tests.

IMO it seems clear that Obi joined the team still not 100% fit but all were hoping that by the time he got down to his first serious practice he would have sufficiently healed enough. This obviously didn't happen. It was a gamble worth taking that unfortunately didn't pay off. Zero blame on Obi. If he had stayed on and wasted a slot by not fit being enough to play, he would have gotten a lot of vile attacks and criticisms from ungrateful Nigerians like YOU for being selfish and self-serving.

You and a couple of other arrogant, immature, know-it-alls are the folks taking this forum down the gutter. I really wish the mods find a way to rein you guys in as you're slowly destroying this forum.
Last edited by Orion on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]mastermind[/color] wrote: We're spenting more time talking about a player that is not going to represent us than those that are in SA.

We've got replacement for Mikel in Haruna, we've got Etuhu for sideway passing, Ayila, Kaita etc. Mikel should go and rest his money maker.
You better thank your lucky starts tfco is on hibernation :laugh:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

toyin133 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Anyone who thinks a young guy would not want to play in the world cup is a complete dunce! It's obvious the guy couldn't play!
With respect, he turned down the chance to play in the Olympics because he wanted to impress his new coach at Chelsea so it's not that implausible.
The Olympics and the World Cup are two very very different things. Real footballers aren't really interested in the Olympics. It's an under 23 tournament!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

RudeBoy wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
The Olympics and the World Cup are two very very different things. Real footballers aren't really interested in the Olympics. It's an under 23 tournament!
Real footballers? So I guess his teammate Salomon Kalou, Messi, Di Maria, Sergio Aguero, Gago, Ronaldihno, Pato, Riquelme are all fake footballers.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

RudeBoy wrote:
toyin133 wrote:

Real footballers like Messi, Ronaldo etc were interested
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

smartbrother wrote:
Chxta wrote:Two sets of doctors gave the man the go-ahead to play. He chose to opt out. I respect his decision. He/his fans should respect my right to say that he is a bloody coward.
dude is a disgrace. Drogba broke his hand a few days ago but is still trying to play This punk had surgery several weeks ago yet he pulls out. Its a shame but dude has no character
Have you ever had surgery several weeks before playing in a world cup game :?: Oh, pardon me, I forgot you are just a waste pipe like the rest of us. Kanu played against Denmark in '98 after heart surgery and was unable to finish off a simple tap in. Now you are suggesting that Mikel should do the same. The only disgrace I see here so far is you, dumb arse :!:

Cheers.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

RudeBoy wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Eto'o won it, Messi and co did as well.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Kanu played against Denmark in '98 after heart surgery and was unable to finish off a simple tap in.....
what a :rotf: statement :rotf: :rotf: dude I really hope you are getting the treatment you need
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

toyin133 wrote:
This is what you guys don't understand, Mikel has morals! Remember he wasn' the only one who turned down the Olympics, TnT did the same thing.

A doctor can declare you injury free but that does not mean you are fit to play. The earlier you guys get this the better. A doctor can declare you injury free but cannot know exactly what you are feeling in your body. The earlier you guys get this the better. The Mikel we saw jubilating with teamates three weeks ago can not be fit. No way!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****