Ndidi out, but Osimhen leads Nigeria list for CAR as Rohr also hands debut call up to Rangers star

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi out, but Osimhen leads Nigeria list for CAR as Rohr also hands debut call up to Rangers star

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:04 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:07 pm Rohr understands, he must have players in SE from the north whether the player is good or not. Rohr for the most part picks his own selected players on merit. He doesn't venture out too much. Ejaria and Lookman are never coming to SE. They don't want them.
If that’s the case, he could have picked Sanusi and left out one of the older Northerners.

I also believe Jamilu Collins is from Kaduna.
There are northerners who deserve to be in the team on Merrit but are not.

Alhassan Yusuf
Sadiq Umar

I think Shehu and Musa are just "connected"

These junks need to go.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ndidi out, but Osimhen leads Nigeria list for CAR as Rohr also hands debut call up to Rangers star

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:13 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:07 pm Rohr understands, he must have players in SE from the north whether the player is good or not. Rohr for the most part picks his own selected players on merit. He doesn't venture out too much. Ejaria and Lookman are never coming to SE. They don't want them.
If that’s the case, he could have picked Sanusi and left out one of the older Northerners.

Alhassan Yusuf
Sadiq Umar

These junks need to go.
I'm a fan of Sadiq Umar but no way is he a shoo-in.
He has been invited in the recent past (2ce) but his team no 'gree am come.
Now we have players already established and you still expect to be experimenting with Nacho, Onuachu, Moffi and Osimhen already in the set up?

As for Alhassan Yussuf, you have not heard he is injured?
Or are you just refusing to hear?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Nigeria must always include deadwood and complete utter wastepipes no matter the coach; whether na Keshi, Amodu, Sias1, CCC or even Rohr passengers go get selected.

I am watching Calvin Klein for Rangers and I ask how is he better than Balogun??? Does Nigeria really need so many defenders in the squad ???

I watched Henry play for Olympiacos against Fenerbahce and win 3-0. I would have selected him and dropped Moses Simon.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:43 pm Nigeria must always include deadwood and complete utter wastepipes no matter the coach; whether na Keshi, Amodu, Sias1, CCC or even Rohr passengers go get selected.

I am watching Calvin Klein for Rangers and I ask how is he better than Balogun??? Does Nigeria really need so many defenders in the squad ???

I watched Henry play for Olympiacos against Fenerbahce and win 3-0. I would have selected him and dropped Moses Simon.
You are very entitled to your opinion but I bet you, you are in a small minority preferring Onyekuru over Moses Simon.

Calvin Bassey… let’s watch him but they’ve obviously been watching him before we ever knew he existed.
It seems you are comfortable with our central defenders.

Ajayi, Omeruo, Ozonwafor give me very little confidence.
Ekong isn’t bad. Balogun is ageing and Akpoguma is only just arriving.

So a new young defender age 21 could be a strategic move for the near future.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:49 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:43 pm Nigeria must always include deadwood and complete utter wastepipes no matter the coach; whether na Keshi, Amodu, Sias1, CCC or even Rohr passengers go get selected.

You are very entitled to your opinion but I bet you, you are in a small minority preferring Onyekuru over Moses Simon.

Calvin Bassey… let’s watch him but they’ve obviously been watching him before we ever knew he existed.
It seems you are comfortable with our central defenders.

Ajayi, Omeruo, Ozonwafor give me very little confidence.
Ekong isn’t bad. Balogun is ageing and Akpoguma is only just arriving.

So a new young defender age 21 could be a strategic move for the near future.
On current form Henry is playing better than Moses Simon. Moses also had a stinker against Cape Verde and may need sometime away from the Eagles.

I like Balogun but have not seen enough of Akpoguma to form an opinion the rest of the Nigerian Centre half’s are rubbish.

Collins was our best player against Cape Verde so I am happy he kept his place I would have selected Sanusi as backup. Aina and Tyrone would be my picks for the right back position with the later providing cover.

What is Shehu doing in the squad ? Musa’s place should have been given to Moffa.

No way I would have selected Bonke I have seen enough to conclude he is a liability hopefully he doesn’t play.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:10 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:07 pm
Ejaria and Lookman are never coming to SE. They don't want them.
But they want Calvin Bassey.

You do realize Bassey is a center back; right?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:13 pm

CB/LB?

BTW, is Balogun injured?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Though Jamiliu grew up in Kaduna, he is said to be from Delta.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:34 pm

CB/LB?

BTW, is Balogun injured?
Balogun partnered Calvin Klein this evening in the European cup
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The continuous invitation of Musa, Shehu and Bonke is borderline criminal, like play like play these junks will make it to the world cup list should we qualify... I wish I had that kind of luck honestly.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Calvin Bassey plays primarily as a LB for Rangers, but he can also play at CB.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Team List - New addition

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:39 am Calvin bassey😂 so this is the player tobi was trolling yall with
I wonda-ooo! I was expecting something different, a player who can change a game in a heated contest. Call it a 'combative' midfielder
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:38 pm

CB/LB?

BTW, is Balogun injured?
So...have they started their 'punishment/banishment' of Balogun because he was outspoken...hmmm, replace him with his inexperienced club mate...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I think Terem Moffi did not make it because of Bushboy’s jinx. Please Bushboy remove the player from you junk list so his fortunes can improve!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:48 pm The continuous invitation of Musa, Shehu and Bonke is borderline criminal, like play like play these junks will make it to the world cup list should we qualify... I wish I had that kind of luck honestly.
This was Bonke's debut for the SE. Watching the game realtime, it looked like he was a bit out of sorts but go back and watch his positional and tactical play. Rohr gave him a specific brief, he wasn't played to inject flair into the midfield. He was to simply break up play, be a nuisance and make shot passes to the offensive outlets in the team. Rohr liked what he saw in his game and he will likely see action in the away game.

As for Musa.. once he collects his 100th cap, Moffi is going to take the shirt off his back.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:21 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:38 pm

CB/LB?

BTW, is Balogun injured?
So...have they started their 'punishment/banishment' of Balogun because he was outspoken...hmmm, replace him with his inexperienced club mate...
Balogun is on one of the lists posted above ( the article). Which one is correct?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:13 pm You do realize Bassey is a center back; right?
He's a LB/LWB, who can fill in at CB...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:27 pm
DAgrin wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:00 pm What's going on with Ndidi? I'm quite sure he'll play Leicsters next league game. The club has announced no injury update. Ndidi has missed some competetive matches for Nigeria here and then. I hope he is not frustrated by the NFFs lacking professionalism. There seems to be something going on behind the scenes.
Na wa.
See as you just jump from Lekki to Ojota in one giant leap for mankind.
I fear you. :scared:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Mr Shows wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:28 pmThis was Bonke's debut for the SE. Watching the game realtime, it looked like he was a bit out of sorts but go back and watch his positional and tactical play. Rohr gave him a specific brief, he wasn't played to inject flair into the midfield. He was to simply break up play, be a nuisance and make shot passes to the offensive outlets in the team. Rohr liked what he saw in his game and he will likely see action in the away game.

As for Musa.. once he collects his 100th cap, Moffi is going to take the shirt off his back.
Scary! Because oga Bonke was decidedly UNDERWHELMING!
Anyway, understand Rohr not 'experimenting' with a new invitee, but it's his fault to be in this situation.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:08 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:13 pm

Alhassan Yusuf
Sadiq Umar

These junks need to go.
I'm a fan of Sadiq Umar but no way is he a shoo-in.
He has been invited in the recent past (2ce) but his team no 'gree am come.
Now we have players already established and you still expect to be experimenting with Nacho, Onuachu, Moffi and Osimhen already in the set up?

As for Alhassan Yussuf, you have not heard he is injured?
Or are you just refusing to hear?
I know Yusuf is injured, but he should have been in the last squad and frankly should have been called up even before then.

Sadiq is no shoe in for sure, but should be looked at. Do we need 9 defenders for heavens sake ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Truer words have never been spoken.

It must be NFF corruption. Then they wonder why they never achieve anything.

Truth is under Rohr we are seeing LESS wastepipes than previous coaches, but the situation has gotten markedly worse since he signed his new contract and the NFF were said to "reign him in"
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

and what exactly is your point ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:48 pm The continuous invitation of Musa, Shehu and Bonke is borderline criminal, like play like play these junks will make it to the world cup list should we qualify... I wish I had that kind of luck honestly.
a real journalist will grill the fuc% out of Rohr about this and demand answers.

I have had enough of these junks wasting valuable space and time.