WE NEED A WHITE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: WE NEED A WHITE COACH

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:54 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:16 pm I told you all there is no Nigerian coach capable.

We couldn't even beat a weakened Ghana with a first time coach.

Its just pathetic. Truth be told Egu lost this series IN THE FIRST MATCH.

Some people were beating their chests that 0-0 is a good result.

keep fooling yourselves with your "local coach" nonsense. We are wasting our time.
VE

0-0 in an away game in a two leg affair is ALWAYS a good result. However, you must still play both legs. Algeria won in Cameroon 1-0. Was that a good result? You bet it was !!! The fact that Algeria subsequently lost to Cameroon and is eliminated does no obliterate that fact. Same with Nigeria. Drawing away in a 2-leg affair is always a good result. What you then do with the home game is now up to you.
Big lie. It is an okay result, but never a good result. And you know why? Every goal scored by the away team in the 2nd leg counts as double. Simple!

I really can't understand why this is still being debated.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Damn WOWOs have resurged.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:30 pm Is any of them Nigerian?

aruako1 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:29 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:16 pm I told you all there is no Nigerian coach capable.

keep fooling yourselves with your "local coach" nonsense. We are wasting our time.
Only one of them performed better than Keshi. You hate to hear it but it is true. Rigoberg Song, Otto Addo and Aliou Cisse are white abi?
I don't know what bros Aruako1 is saying. We, or someone talking about Nigerians, and he (Aruako1) is talking of people who are not Nigerians
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

marko wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:23 am Amunike ahould get the job
Are you telling me that he had zero input in the last two games?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

marko wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:23 am Amunike ahould get the job
Absolutely not, not good enough.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:08 pm Any journeyman will do.

I am seeking attention with the title, BUT, there is no good coach in Nigeria! NONE!!! They are all like typical Nigerians ... always talking a good game and knowing high level stuff by mouth without any practical experiences or accomplishments to back up their claims.
The first thing you do when recruiting for talent is to HIRE a PROFESSIONAL to help you find the right talent.

Pay for a professional recruiter to hire you the best person that meets your requirements and needs.

Pinnick is notorious for believing he is the smartest person in the room. Doesn't like to listen to anyone...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Cellular wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:11 pm

I am seeking attention with the title, BUT, there is no good coach in Nigeria! NONE!!! They are all like typical Nigerians ... always talking a good game and knowing high level stuff by mouth without any practical experiences or accomplishments to back up their claims.
The first thing you do when recruiting for talent is to HIRE a PROFESSIONAL to help you find the right talent.

Pay for a professional recruiter to hire you the best person that meets your requirements and needs.

Pinnick is notorious for believing he is the smartest person in the room. Doesn't like to listen to anyone...
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

You do know that 4 out of the 5 African teams qualified with home grown coaches? Only Morocco has a Serbian coach.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Thus has nothing to do with anything. Hiring a professional recruiter does not guarantee you will get the right fit for your organization. The only thing a recruiter can do for you is maybe help you do initial vetting of the candidate to ensure their resume is acurrate. They have no way of telling whether a candidate is good enough for the position or not.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

marutimon wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:17 am You do know that 4 out of the 5 African teams qualified with home grown coaches? Only Morocco has a Serbian coach.
and those 4 beat 3 other local coaches, so you aren't really making any point.

the only homegrown coach to beat a foreigner, needed PENALTY SHOTS, to beat a much inferior team.

not a good look to be honest.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:49 am
marutimon wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:17 am You do know that 4 out of the 5 African teams qualified with home grown coaches? Only Morocco has a Serbian coach.
and those 4 beat 3 other local coaches, so you aren't really making any point.

the only homegrown coach to beat a foreigner, needed PENALTY SHOTS, to beat a much inferior team.

not a good look to be honest.
Egu is a foreign coach and coached NigerIa to beat Egypt who was coached by a local Egyptian coach.LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Striker
Egg
Egg

Post by Striker »

Guys, I think we should reconsider Siasia for the job. He gave us something to cheer about when he coached at the Olympic, under 20, etc. Let us give him a 5 yr uninterrupted contract. Our problem in Nigeria is that everybody is an expert on all subject and always want a quick fix. Yes, NFF, politician, journalists and others should stop interfering with coaches. Finally, any hired coach should have a backbone and demand no interreferences in his contract.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:14 am Thus has nothing to do with anything. Hiring a professional recruiter does not guarantee you will get the right fit for your organization. The only thing a recruiter can do for you is maybe help you do initial vetting of the candidate to ensure their resume is acurrate. They have no way of telling whether a candidate is good enough for the position or not.

It expands your pool of available talent.

They can also help you determine if a coach will fit a culture.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:31 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:54 pm

VE

0-0 in an away game in a two leg affair is ALWAYS a good result. However, you must still play both legs. Algeria won in Cameroon 1-0. Was that a good result? You bet it was !!! The fact that Algeria subsequently lost to Cameroon and is eliminated does no obliterate that fact. Same with Nigeria. Drawing away in a 2-leg affair is always a good result. What you then do with the home game is now up to you.
Big lie. It is an okay result, but never a good result. And you know why? Every goal scored by the away team in the 2nd leg counts as double. Simple!

I really can't understand why this is still being debated.
The NFF have misspent funds and so they can’t afford your white Messiah.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

I have to agree to a certain extent on this one.

With our present mind-set (present NFF and Sports Ministry set up) a foreign, competent coach is the only working solution. Reason for this is we operate a "yes man" society and do not function fully on or closely to merit. For that reason, if you have a local competent coach, they will frustrate him with less pay, stupid media/dignitary circuses and team selection intervention (He may succeed briefly but they will destroy him eventually).

A foreign coach is not exempt from the above manipulations but they know they may not try much of the crap as many rules apply differently to them (from clauses in their contracts and the simple fact the are not burdened by some societal allegiances a local coach may be bound to) and unless the individual is completely ball-less, will not tolerate their shenanigans.

In other words, till those dudes at the top either leave those positions for a more focused, dedicated, genuine set of people or actually eat some huge chunks of humble pie and modify their approach, we are still going to be in the deep end of the gunk with just occasional flashes of decent displays to confuse us and buy themselves time. Just like the 1k for votes you get from some politicians every election period and then BS for the next 3 years.

This period/loss is way more than a time for just soccer related introspection but a deep look into our core fundamental values as Nigerians. We will keep failing without that honest change and instead keep singing of our fading potential or almost moments.