TEAM LIST OUT FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TEAM LIST OUT FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

Post by vancity eagle »

I am glad Finidi retained Fisayo and Tella after treating them like shi$.

Or was this list simply drawn up by the NFF, because it is almost exact same as the previous one they drew up.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:52 pm We have

Osho, Torunariga, Igbo, Akpoguma, even Fredrick sef

Yet we are clowning around with mediocre centre backs
But hey, at least we finally seem to be getting it right on the midfield which was always the biggest issue for us on every squad reveal...defence can be better but I guess Finidi went for the safety of experience. There's still time to add one or two more players there though.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It's a shame really.. it shows we lack integrity in our selection and a disregard for hard work of deserving players. Does one of the most important wcq we'll ever play, we select 2 defenders who do not deserve to be in the team based on talent and form.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:08 pm

It's a shame really.. it shows we lack integrity in our selection and a disregard for hard work of deserving players. Does one of the most important wcq we'll ever play, we select 2 defenders who do not deserve to be in the team based on talent and form.
Taminu's agent must be a higher-up in the NFF, dude really worked overtime for his client.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I see no one bothered to ask of uzoho
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

In other news.

Finidi dropped Uzoho

LMFAO !!!!! Well deserved. Seeeee yaaaa !!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:12 pm I see no one bothered to ask of uzoho
Is he worth asking about? Where does he play? how many games has he played this season? What is there to ask?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

SURPRISE, SURPRISE...not that I agree or disagree with the comments so far, but they've been mostly fair and with the absence of unnecessary bitterness and ill temper. Please keep it up.
Bell
Shadams
Egg
Egg

Post by Shadams »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:17 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:05 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:57 pm
I'm glad the era of Musa is finally over.
Are u sure about that ? Apparently Finidi mentioned him as captain.

Until Musa does not .magically appear on a tournament squad, we cannot say his wra is over.
To be fair Finidi didn't outrightly mention Musa as captain, infact you could deduce from his response in that interview that Finidi has no plans of including Musa in his team as far as his tenure is concerned.
My thoughts exactly. He mentioned him at first, though; then quickly went on to emphasize, repeatedly even, the seniority of Ekong and Omeruo--who, strangely, is also missing from the list. I would pick him over Awaziem or Tanimu.
Comment is free, but facts are sacred-- C.P Scott
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

i don't think the list is complete. Onyeka and Chukwuze could also be replaced. I only counted 23 players. They are going to call up more players. Maybe another CB and LB.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Which two defenders that don't deserve to be on the list? :roll:
You guys don start again. Coaches have preferences. It has nothing to do with 'integrity'.
I wish I knew where you worked so that I can scrutinize every decision you make and attribute any decision that I don't agree with as due to your own personal lack of integrity.

The speed you guys question someone's integrity makes me question your own integrity. :veryangry:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:37 pm

You guys don start again. Coaches have preferences. It has nothing to do with 'integrity'.
I wish I knew where you worked so that I can scrutinize every decision you make and attribute any decision that I don't agree with as due to your own personal lack of integrity.

The speed you guys question someone's integrity makes me question your own integrity. :veryangry:
Truth be told, the central defenders called up do not inspire confidence other than Bassey.

Ajayi - a mainstay who has done well for SE, but he is often a bench player in the Championship.

Awaziem- guy has been hanging around way too long. I even prefer Omeruo.

Taminu- come on. Agents hammering here.

This is a very poor set of centre backs, given the options that were ignored. Hopefully these poor decisions do not cost us.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is the thing!
A coach has the right to have preferences whether we like it or not.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It’s a legitimate concern.
I
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:43 pm

Truth be told, the central defenders called up do not inspire confidence other than Bassey.

Ajayi - a mainstay who has done well for SE, but he is often a bench player in the Championship.

Awaziem- guy has been hanging around way too long. I even prefer Omeruo.

Taminu- come on. Agents hammering here.

This is a very poor set of centre backs, given the options that were ignored. Hopefully these poor decisions do not cost us.
Agents aside I think Taminu looked decent in his debut against Ghana, at least he seems to be a ball playing defender who isn't afraid to pass the ball from the back. which Finidi seems to like.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:17 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:05 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:57 pm
I'm glad the era of Musa is finally over.
Are u sure about that ? Apparently Finidi mentioned him as captain.

Until Musa does not .magically appear on a tournament squad, we cannot say his wra is over.
To be fair Finidi didn't outrightly mention Musa as captain, infact you could deduce from his response in that interview that Finidi has no plans of including Musa in his team as far as his tenure is concerned.
Thank you! Sometimes I wonder how people interprete things.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Where did this list emanate from?
Neither the NFF nor the SE official media channels have posted this.
Cos from the list above, we don't have anyone on the left side of defence or he's planning to play Bassey as LB?
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I am quietly shocked that no one has criticized the presence of Iheanacho on the list🤔😄❗️

Cheers.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

South Africa play a good passing attacking style of football. Those defenders we have are simply not good enough. We are sure to concede. The only question remains if we can score more goals than them.
Squeaky bum time. I won't be surprised if we fail to qualify.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Not much else to add🤔❗️

Cheers.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

They are projectors. They project their lack of integrity on others. The most classic projector here is Vancity
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:26 pm i don't think the list is complete. Onyeka and Chukwuze could also be replaced. I only counted 23 players. They are going to call up more players. Maybe another CB and LB.
But you have no problem with the division2 benchwarmer in the list abi ?
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:33 pm I am quietly shocked that no one has criticized the presence of Iheanacho on the list🤔😄❗️

Cheers.
What do you expect when you have fans who have passion for division 2 benchwarmers