2016/2017: Spurs quietly going about building a winning team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2016/2017: Spurs quietly going about building a winning

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:I am now happy with the squad strength. Moussa will provide drive when needed and motivated. I also liked that we signed 3 'blacks' - Nkoudou, Sissoko and Wanyama. I was worried before.
Tottenham's bid for Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 26, was blocked after Old Trafford boss Jose Mourinho told the France international he was in his future plans
Is any Spurs fan surprised? It looks like this guy has personal beef with the club. How many players has he either blocked or directly intervened from joining Spurs whilst in the EPL.
Not selling to RIVALS.
I dong think that Is the case. Schneiderlin Is actually important to him. Kid arrived back from euros lacking fitness. Didnt play a single game. If he sells Schneiderlin who Is one of his best midfielders. He should go into season with Pogba, herrera, carrick and Fellini,? Just to make Spurs fans happy? :rotf: when things equalize, Schneiderlin will be a starter for United
Where did you see Spurs finish this season in the league and CL?
I will be able to give a strong assessment by November (League).

But the crux of the matter is that Spurs is cursed. And in the CL you need a lot of luck. Tottenham is NOT a club that has a good relationship with luck.
rotf: :rotf: :rotf: But if they finish top 4 will you say they try?
So who is your pick to win the league top 2 or you waiting for November
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:I am now happy with the squad strength. Moussa will provide drive when needed and motivated. I also liked that we signed 3 'blacks' - Nkoudou, Sissoko and Wanyama. I was worried before.
Tottenham's bid for Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 26, was blocked after Old Trafford boss Jose Mourinho told the France international he was in his future plans
Is any Spurs fan surprised? It looks like this guy has personal beef with the club. How many players has he either blocked or directly intervened from joining Spurs whilst in the EPL.
Not selling to RIVALS.
I dong think that Is the case. Schneiderlin Is actually important to him. Kid arrived back from euros lacking fitness. Didnt play a single game. If he sells Schneiderlin who Is one of his best midfielders. He should go into season with Pogba, herrera, carrick and Fellini,? Just to make Spurs fans happy? :rotf: when things equalize, Schneiderlin will be a starter for United

But the crux of the matter is that Spurs is cursed. And in the CL you need a lot of luck. Tottenham is NOT a club that has a good relationship with luck.
Any predictions before November is not a serious prediction.

With CL and the manner in which others have strengthened. if Tottenham finish top 4, they would have done very well. They did well with the likes of Wanyama, Nkoudou and maybe Janssen (I am always weary about dutch league forwards) they have done good business. Sissoko will be a beast in some games, but I dont trust him at all, at all. He has gotten "his move," I expect him to go back to being himself.

The problem i find with tottenham is that they have not bought anyone that is markedly significantly better than what they had last season.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Not selling to RIVALS.

Any predictions before November is not a serious prediction.

With CL and the manner in which others have strengthened. if Tottenham finish top 4, they would have done very well. They did well with the likes of Wanyama, Nkoudou and maybe Janssen (I am always weary about dutch league forwards) they have done good business. Sissoko will be a beast in some games, but I dont trust him at all, at all. He has gotten "his move," I expect him to go back to being himself.

The problem i find with tottenham is that they have not bought anyone that is markedly significantly better than what they had last season.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

20 Squad players (*=Home grown) - GREEN are Nigerian origin.

Alderweireld, Toby Albertine
*Carroll, Thomas James
*Davies, Benjamin Thomas
Dembele, Mousa
Dier, Eric Jeremy Edgar
Eriksen, Christian
Heung-Min, Son
Janssen, Vincent Petrus Anna Sebastiaan
*Kane, Harry
Lamela, Erik
Lloris, Hugo
Lopez Sabata, Pau
*Rose, Daniel Lee
Sissoko, Moussa
*Trippier, Kieran John
Vertonghen, Jan
Vorm, Michel
*Walker, Kyle Andrew
Wanyama, Victor
Wimmer, Kevin

Under-21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Alli, Bamidele Jermaine
Amos, Luke Ayodele

Austin, Brandon Anthony
Bennetts, Keanan Chidozie
Brown, Jaden
Carter-Vickers, Cameron
De Bie, Jonathan
Dinzeyi, Jonathan Toko Lema
Duncan, Dylan
Edwards, Marcus
Eyoma, Timothy Joel
Freeman, Charlie
Georgiou, Anthony Michael
Glover, Thomas William
Goddard, Cy
Griffiths, Reo Revaldo
Harrison, Shayon
Hinds, Tariq Devontae Aaron
Lesniak, Filip
Lock, Matthew Joseph
Loft, Ryan
Maghoma, Christian
Marsh, George Owen
Mcdermott, Thomas William
McGee, Luke Paul
Miller, William
Mukena, Joy-Richard
Muscatt, Joseph Luis
Nkoudou Mbida, Georges-Kevin
Oakley-Boothe, Tashan
Oduwa, Nathan
Ogilvie, Connor Stuart
Omolabi, Moroyin
Onomah, Joshua
Oteh, Aramide Jay

Owens, Charlie
Pritchard, Joe Cameron
Reynolds, Jamie Joe
Roles, Jack
Shashoua, Samuel
Sterling, Kazaiah
Stylianides, Zenon
Tanganga, Japhat Manzambi
Tracey, Shilow
Tsaroulla, Nicholas
Walker-Peters, Kyle
Walkes, Anton
Whiteman, Alfie
Winks, Harry
Last edited by Cristao II on Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Spurs' record signing is an Arsenal-supporting Championship player. That's just beautiful.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

ojafranpa wrote:Spurs' record signing is an Arsenal-supporting Championship player. That's just beautiful.
Spurs record signing is still Lamela.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ojafranpa wrote:Spurs' record signing is an Arsenal-supporting Championship player. That's just beautiful.
Your point? There a millions of Man United supporters and thousands are probably professional footballers but they can't all play for Man United. Certain RVP came to mind. But you guys didn't make any noise when you bought him
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]ojafranpa[/color] wrote: Spurs' record signing is an Arsenal-supporting Championship player. That's just beautiful.
I will be glad to see him use the rejection as a source of motivation to stick one in during the NDL. That's all that would matter.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: 20 Squad players (*=Home grown) - GREEN are Nigerian origin.

Alderweireld, Toby Albertine
*Carroll, Thomas James
*Davies, Benjamin Thomas
Dembele, Mousa
Dier, Eric Jeremy Edgar
Eriksen, Christian
Heung-Min, Son
Janssen, Vincent Petrus Anna Sebastiaan
*Kane, Harry
Lamela, Erik
Lloris, Hugo
Lopez Sabata, Pau
*Rose, Daniel Lee
Sissoko, Moussa
*Trippier, Kieran John
Vertonghen, Jan
Vorm, Michel
*Walker, Kyle Andrew
Wanyama, Victor
Wimmer, Kevin

Under-21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Alli, Bamidele Jermaine
Amos, Luke Ayodele

Austin, Brandon Anthony
Bennetts, Keanan Chidozie
Brown, Jaden
Carter-Vickers, Cameron
De Bie, Jonathan
Dinzeyi, Jonathan Toko Lema
Duncan, Dylan
Edwards, Marcus
Eyoma, Timothy Joel
Freeman, Charlie
Georgiou, Anthony Michael
Glover, Thomas William
Goddard, Cy
Griffiths, Reo Revaldo
Harrison, Shayon
Hinds, Tariq Devontae Aaron
Lesniak, Filip
Lock, Matthew Joseph
Loft, Ryan
Maghoma, Christian
Marsh, George Owen
Mcdermott, Thomas William
McGee, Luke Paul
Miller, William
Mukena, Joy-Richard
Muscatt, Joseph Luis
Nkoudou Mbida, Georges-Kevin
Oakley-Boothe, Tashan
Oduwa, Nathan
Ogilvie, Connor Stuart
Omolabi, Moroyin
Onomah, Joshua
Oteh, Aramide Jay

Owens, Charlie
Pritchard, Joe Cameron
Reynolds, Jamie Joe
Roles, Jack
Shashoua, Samuel
Sterling, Kazaiah
Stylianides, Zenon
Tanganga, Japhat Manzambi
Tracey, Shilow
Tsaroulla, Nicholas
Walker-Peters, Kyle
Walkes, Anton
Whiteman, Alfie
Winks, Harry
Did you put this together as it appears on this site has lifted your research.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

LOL!! I took the squad list from the Spurs site but the highlighting of Nigerians is mine. Perhaps the gentleman is a Spurs fan and he got the article's inspiration from visiting Spurs.com. I dont think he got it from CE. He said Timothy Eyoma was Nigerian and ignored Chidozie. I think Shashoua might also be Nigerian but I am not sure.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

I am reading reports that Adebayor is heading back to Spurs. I hope that's not true.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kenmega wrote:I am reading reports that Adebayor is heading back to Spurs. I hope that's not true.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kenmega wrote:I am reading reports that Adebayor is heading back to Spurs. I hope that's not true.

why not? Our African (yoruba) broda must chop. Go Ade!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

One of the great thing about a footballer is the sense of belonging, long after your career is over. When you serve a club well, you're always welcome and you become part of the folklore of that club. We see it with Okocha and Bolton/PSG, Kanu with Ajax, Arsenal and Portsmouth. I look at Adebayor and all his antics with his clubs will mean this guy will hardly be spoken of in a good way. If all he's interested in is the money then that's fine but......
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:LOL!! I took the squad list from the Spurs site but the highlighting of Nigerians is mine. Perhaps the gentleman is a Spurs fan and he got the article's inspiration from visiting Spurs.com. I dont think he got it from CE. He said Timothy Eyoma was Nigerian and ignored Chidozie. I think Shashoua might also be Nigerian but I am not sure.
Tottenham has a very large Nigerian and Ghanian community, the largest Nigerian community in North London. Arsenal are in direct competition for the kids in Tottenham but the local MP Lammie (a Spuds supporter) has been to a lot of the local schools trying to stop Arsenal recruiting kids from them, he has succeeded to an extent.

My friends children who attend a local Catholic school are all Gooners, to their horror they returned from the Holidays and the school was tagged a Tottenham FC supported school because they got funding from the club. My friend and his wife are very active in the church, he got the Arsenal people together (mainly Nigerians) to protest, he then wrote to Arsenal FC. The school got a donation from Arsenal, the tagged quickly changed to Arsenal and Tottenham FCs supported school. As you can imagine, in the heart of Tottenham, it did not go down well.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

One of the great thing about a footballer is the sense of belonging, long after your career is over. When you serve a club well, you're always welcome and you become part of the folklore of that club. We see it with Okocha and Bolton/PSG, Kanu with Ajax, Arsenal and Portsmouth. I look at Adebayor and all his antics with his clubs will mean this guy will hardly be spoken of in a good way. If all he's interested in is the money then that's fine but......
Sadly, he is not welcomed at any football club he played.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

It's a shame. He played at some really good clubs and he could have been a good reference point.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

It's a shame. He played at some really good clubs and he could have been a good reference point.
Compare and contrast Kanu to Adebayor. If you are a Naijaman at the Legends game over the weekend, you would have got goosebumps over the hero status Kanu got at that game. The love radiating towards him from the supporters and the esteem he is held was something to behold. You forget Kanu is just a footballer and not a Saint, but this Nigerian (Yes! You also forget he is not English) is truly special amongst the Arsenal fans and boy it was like he owed the place. It was wonderful.

Adebayor could have had all of that but he made his choice, if he dares step a toe in the grounds of the Emirates, the reception he will get will be toxic.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:LOL!! I took the squad list from the Spurs site but the highlighting of Nigerians is mine. Perhaps the gentleman is a Spurs fan and he got the article's inspiration from visiting Spurs.com. I dont think he got it from CE. He said Timothy Eyoma was Nigerian and ignored Chidozie. I think Shashoua might also be Nigerian but I am not sure.
Tottenham has a very large Nigerian and Ghanian community, the largest Nigerian community in North London. Arsenal are in direct competition for the kids in Tottenham but the local MP Lammie (a Spuds supporter) has been to a lot of the local schools trying to stop Arsenal recruiting kids from them, he has succeeded to an extent.

My friends children who attend a local Catholic school are all Gooners, to their horror they returned from the Holidays and the school was tagged a Tottenham FC supported school because they got funding from the club. My friend and his wife are very active in the church, he got the Arsenal people together (mainly Nigerians) to protest, he then wrote to Arsenal FC. The school got a donation from Arsenal, the tagged quickly changed to Arsenal and Tottenham FCs supported school. As you can imagine, in the heart of Tottenham, it did not go down well.
E be like say some schools in UK making money or getting some donation from football clubs. :boo: :boo: :boo: So it looks like who ever Donate the change the tagged :boo: :boo:
They should just remain Arsenal and we take care of them if they produce ballers for us :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

E be like say some schools in UK making money or getting some donation from football clubs. :boo: :boo: :boo: So it looks like who ever Donate the change the tagged :boo: :boo:
They should just remain Arsenal and we take care of them if they produce ballers for us :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I like the way Waffiman politisize everything or maybe it's the Nigerians that bring their Nigerianess to everything.

You'd think a club will positively affect it's community and most club do and I'm sure Arsenal does. But it seems even in the heart of Tottenham, whatever Spurs does seem to be viewed in light of Arsenal v goons. You'd think there's enough help that Arsenal can give to their side of North London without thinking of raising a conflict in a school.
Yes there are lots of Nigerians at Spurs but it reflects the community in Tottenham.
Here's a link if anyone cares to see what Spurs get up to in the community. It goes beyond the pettiness of trying to paint North London one colour or another.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/foundation/what-we-do/

The new stadium comes with 585 homes and it's not for Spurs supporters. It has a health centre and it's not for Spurs supporters. It has a community square and it's not for just Spurs supporters.
So I don't get why Nigerians and Waffiman will be excited about Spurs helping a school in the heart of their own community and it turns into a labeling war. It's not like Spurs tried to brand Arsenal's neck of the wood or they moved to Manchester or something
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I like the way Waffiman politisize everything or maybe it's the Nigerians that bring their Nigerianess to everything.

You'd think a club will positively affect it's community and most club do and I'm sure Arsenal does. But it seems even in the heart of Tottenham, whatever Spurs does seem to be viewed in light of Arsenal v goons. You'd think there's enough help that Arsenal can give to their side of North London without thinking of raising a conflict in a school.
Yes there are lots of Nigerians at Spurs but it reflects the community in Tottenham.
Here's a link if anyone cares to see what Spurs get up to in the community. It goes beyond the pettiness of trying to paint North London one colour or another.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/foundation/what-we-do/

The new stadium comes with 585 homes and it's not for Spurs supporters. It has a health centre and it's not for Spurs supporters. It has a community square and it's not for just Spurs supporters.
So I don't get why Nigerians and Waffiman will be excited about Spurs helping a school in the heart of their own community and it turns into a labeling war. It's not like Spurs tried to brand Arsenal's neck of the wood or they moved to Manchester or something
Nothing to get excited about. BTW! Arsenal built over 2,000 units of social housing plus the luxury flats and the Queensland project with its Shopping City, gym, Cenima complex etc. etc. as part of their stadium project, none of it for Arsenal supporters. All clubs are in the community, that goes without saying. Faith schools that do not rely on the Local Authority for funding operate differently irrespective of which borough they are in. But you must also realise both club share a border and the competition to be in the community is important to both club. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Tottenham are struggling to sell tickets for their Champions League games at Wembley. Arsenal sold out 70,000+ each time (capped capacity).
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ojafranpa wrote:Tottenham are struggling to sell tickets for their Champions League games at Wembley. Arsenal sold out 70,000+ each time (capped capacity).
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You've been reading "Gooner Digest" again I see?