Full Time: Senegal 4 Nigeria 3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

I hope Ogunjobi gets the axe too; how does he expects the team to get by when he bans its livewire--the combative def. midfielder Ogungbure. Not to forget the team highest goal score at the AAG, Omoefe. The NFA irrational attitude defies logic! These players must be unban without further delay. They have apologized and shown remorse.
...but with God all things are possible...
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Zambia win in South Africa

Botha blasted a second-half penalty over the bar for South Africa
Zambia's Collins Mbesuma shocked South Africa's Olympic Games qualification hopes on Saturday with the only goal of their Group D match in Potchefstroom.

Zambia's 1-0 win was their first of the qualifiers and throws open the race for a berth at the football tournament in Athens 2004.

"We worked very hard for these three points, and we put up a spirited fight," said Zambia coach Peter Kaumba.

"Teamwork was the secret of our success."

Yahia makes history

Algeria now lead the Group D standings after their 1-0 win on Friday night over Ghana in Blida, courtesy of Antar Yahia's 19th-minute header, took them to six points.

Ghana and Zambia follow with four points, while South Africa trail with three.

Zambia, who had started the match bottom of Group D, profited from a poor tactical game by South Africa and a spurned second-half penalty that home striker Ryan Botha ballooned over the top of the goal.

Meanwhile, Uganda picked up their first point of the qualifying campaign when holding Group C leaders Morocco to a 1-1 draw in Kampala.

Bouabid Bouden opened the scoring for the visitors after a quarter of an hour, but Uganda's Assani Bajope struck a quick equaliser just three minutes later.

The result leaves the table unchanged with Uganda still lying in last place and Morocco still top.

Yet the Moroccans will be replaced in pole position should either Ethiopia or Angola win Sunday's qualifier in Addis Ababa.

In Group A, Senegal beat Nigeria 4-3 in a thrilling game that took the home side top of the table.

Senegal were trailing 3-2 with fifteen minutes left, but equalised when Badara Sene slotted home a penalty before Daniel Bocande, son of Senegalese footballing legend Jules Bocande, sent the Dakar fans wild with a last-minute winner.

Opa Dini Femi, Yusuf Rabiu and Akruye Robert all scored for the visitors, but Nigeria's first defeat ousts them from pole position in the group.

Tunisia, who have two points to Senegal's five, will be hoping to close the gap on the leaders with a win against Egypt on Sunday.

In Group B, Cameroon maintained their three-point lead after drawing 1-1 against the Ivory Coast in Abidjan.

Paul Kabran Djedou gave the home side the lead after twelve minutes, but Rabihou Amadou Dangadji upheld Cameroon's unbeaten record with a second-half equaliser.

The remaining qualifier takes place between DR Congo and Mali in Kinshasa on Sunday.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Upbendel
Egg
Egg

Post by Upbendel »

geminikoat wrote:I hope Ogunjobi gets the axe too; how does he expects the team to get by when he bans its livewire--the combative def. midfielder Ogungbure. Not to forget the team highest goal score at the AAG, Omoefe. The NFA irrational attitude defies logic! These players must be unban without further delay. They have apologized and shown remorse.
You are making sense my friend. Those who still support their ban is anti naija period
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

geminicoat Wrote:
hope Ogunjobi gets the axe too; how does he expects the team to get by when he bans its livewire--the combative def. midfielder Ogungbure. Not to forget the team highest goal score at the AAG, Omoefe. The NFA irrational attitude defies logic! These players must be unban without further delay. They have apologized and shown remorse.
Upbendel:

He is not making sense, if those two were in the team they would have wrecked more havoc, we need discipline in the team we lost but played very well as a team unlucky i surpose we need to learn to respect this country of ours.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

As long as we beat Senegal at home, keeping them to under 3 goals, we have number of away goals in our favor

Wha choo looking at?!
Upbendel
Egg
Egg

Post by Upbendel »

monkeypost wrote:geminicoat Wrote:
hope Ogunjobi gets the axe too; how does he expects the team to get by when he bans its livewire--the combative def. midfielder Ogungbure. Not to forget the team highest goal score at the AAG, Omoefe. The NFA irrational attitude defies logic! These players must be unban without further delay. They have apologized and shown remorse.
Upbendel:

He is not making sense, if those two were in the team they would have wrecked more havoc, we need discipline in the team we lost but played very well as a team unlucky i surpose we need to learn to respect this country of ours.

I guess we have different interpretation to that statement. Yes we need discipline but when a group of people turn 360 degree and are prepare to back it up with action, don't you think they should be given one more chance than running after that 19 year old never tested boy Martins.
"God will give us the victory, but we must be willing to fight"!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hey guys Robbynice already said winning is not our birthright always remember that :D :lol: 8)
Soldier of Fortune...
eru.bugzy
Egg
Egg

Post by eru.bugzy »

Na wa o! Dream Team III no gree hold Senegal to draw for thia side. If sey we wan qualify go anywhere, we no suppose dey leak 2 goals for inside 5 minuties before match start!! The only hope be sey if dem dey serious, then boys suppose win all thia matches for Naija and get at least another victory away from home. To be honest, the Senegal boys sabi play (based on their radio commentary), but dat our soccer dey on the decline for the last few years, no be lie (refer to the last U-17 1st round exit and nonappearance at the U-20 world cup) !! Nobody dey fear Naija for field like before. I hope sey dis loss go inject some extra passion and determination into the entire Olympic games soccer campaign, as well as the Nations Cup 2004.

PS: For God's sake, make dem sort out the U-23 defence chia-chia!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

If the conventional order is still in play then we should play like this:

Nigeria v Senegal
Nigeria v Egypt
Tunisia v Nigeria

from which 7 pts is realistic. I don't know the dates though.

Scoring 5 goals in 2 away games means we probably have some away prowess which we must exploit in Tunis. The Tunis match will be crucial, likewise the Egypt v Senegal game.

I don't think Senegal are as good as we make them to be. We only squandered our opportunities in today's game. I mean how can you score 3 goals in an away game and still lose?

Once again the Dream Team becomes the Dreaming Team. May be that tag will jar them awake like it did b4.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

I don't think Senegal are as good as we make them to be. We only squandered our opportunities in today's game. I mean how can you score 3 goals in an away game and still lose?
it's really not rocket science, the other team scored more than 3 :D
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

eru.bugzy wrote:Na wa o! Dream Team III no gree hold Senegal to draw for thia side. If sey we wan qualify go anywhere, we no suppose dey leak 2 goals for inside 5 minuties before match start!! The only hope be sey if dem dey serious, then boys suppose win all thia matches for Naija and get at least another victory away from home. To be honest, the Senegal boys sabi play (based on their radio commentary), but dat our soccer dey on the decline for the last few years, no be lie (refer to the last U-17 1st round exit and nonappearance at the U-20 world cup) !! Nobody dey fear Naija for field like before. I hope sey dis loss go inject some extra passion and determination into the entire Olympic games soccer campaign, as well as the Nations Cup 2004.

You talk true, sha. But you dey funny no be small! Man lighten up small with some of ya comments. :) :P
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Wow when i said along with TXJ this group should be taken seriously no one cared toi listen. I have been saying it even before the draws came out that it is very crucial we qualify for Athens 2004 as this set of players represent that last generation of players who will graduate through the ranks and move into the SE squad which should form enough player pool to get us ready for the ANC 2006 and WC'06 plus also having them play in the qualifiers after Athens 2004. By not qualifying for the U-20 U.A.E late last year which would have helped a lot in getting the players ready and giving them the exposure they need to do very well in the qualifiers and also if they make it to Athens.

The group is wide open and all countries still have a chance to make it but now the tide has turned and it will almost most likely go down to the last day when it will be winnner takes all. A win for the team would have set the tone on how the group will shape up but now it's up for grabs...

This is what happens when you don't have a program in place, results like this will always come hand in hand all the time... Fiction and reality are two different things...

It has now become clear to all those who support LC's tht they are not up to it when it counts the most. Again i will ask what was the scouting report on Senegal before the match or we just went in there to play without any proper plan or knowledge of them? Musa Abdullahi i am waiting for what he is going to say this time around it should be interesting....
Soldier of Fortune...
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Guys:
This Senegal team is no joke for a few factors. I'll explain later! :|
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
dudu
Egg
Egg

Post by dudu »

I wonder why it is taking everybody so long to realise that Nigeria as a country is cursed.can you imagine after playing in the all african games till the final game, we still dont have a team , not even the back bone of a team. The NFA is so crazy, when we are suppose to have an edge above all other teams courtesy of the all african games u23 team, which seemed promising, the NFA decided to axe the foundation of the team, so as to escape with the helpless players money ! ole NFA... senegal suppose beat us 4 goals to nothing sef, if no be say those ones sef no sabi play
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

mister dolly wrote:UpBendel...the problem is not goalscoring as such but playing and defending as a team which we failed to do...how can you come from two goals down and get ahead and still lose against a team the commentators say you dominated...if that is not snatching defeat from the jawas of victory, I don't know what that is..
Candidly this is where Naija needs to learn the Cameroonian game/mentality.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Men, I pray Nigeria qualifies. I don't like the news of them losing.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I would pray that the best countries that can represent Africa qualify. Be it Nigeria, Senegal, Cameroon, or Mali. As far as they are the best that can come out of Africa, that is all that matters.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Upbendel[/color] wrote:I blame NFA for this defeat. They should have done everything neccessary to fly Oba Martins to Dakar instead of rushing him to play at the ANC. For Christ sake the guy is 19 four years younger than the stipulated age for the olympic soccer competition. Why not make arrangement to test him first at this level than wasting time hyping him and making him have swollen head about playing at the senior level.
Martins is not interested in playing for Nigeria at any level. Wasn't he invited to play against Egypt before suddenly going awol? Wasn't he invited to play the AAG? The earlier you accept he is going to play for Italy, the better.
Its a goal, you need to shut the hell up and stop peddling unsubstantiated rumors. Time and time again, you keep harping on the same bullcrap. Stop being so damn irresponsible.
Buea
Egg
Egg

Post by Buea »

Sampo wrote:
eru.bugzy wrote:Na wa o! Dream Team III no gree hold Senegal to draw for thia side. If sey we wan qualify go anywhere, we no suppose dey leak 2 goals for inside 5 minuties before match start!! The only hope be sey if dem dey serious, then boys suppose win all thia matches for Naija and get at least another victory away from home. To be honest, the Senegal boys sabi play (based on their radio commentary), but dat our soccer dey on the decline for the last few years, no be lie (refer to the last U-17 1st round exit and nonappearance at the U-20 world cup) !! Nobody dey fear Naija for field like before. I hope sey dis loss go inject some extra passion and determination into the entire Olympic games soccer campaign, as well as the Nations Cup 2004.

You talk true, sha. But you dey funny no be small! Man lighten up small with some of ya comments. :) :P

Sampo, na correct talk you don talk. You di say wheti way na true.
You see, I like naija because na ma brother and sister them. the only way you fi fix this problem na for send the whole eagle teamsfor training in Cameroon. Cameroon go fix their mental problem and show them how they di win football and remain on top.

Sampo, you don hear me? Try the Cameroon medicine and eagle go be cured forever!
Our goal is to remain superior to the eagles!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Well well well ... we have been scouting defenders and goalkeepers. Abeg make una tell Kickoff Chief make im call up all the defenders that we scouted for trials

* Harrison Omokoh
* Precious Emuejeraye

Both are over 6ft tall

The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

General Trousers wrote:Well well well ... we have been scouting defenders and goalkeepers. Abeg make una tell Kickoff Chief make im call up all the defenders that we scouted for trials

* Harrison Omokoh
* Precious Emuejeraye

Both are over 6ft tall

GT abeg you fit offer some info on Precious Emuejeraye. I am not aware of the defender. Thanks.
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Whilst following the events in Daklar, I noticed that a numebr of the foreign based players invited were not fielded. I did not see Yakabu Adamu's name on the team list posted. What is the essence of inviting seven players and only fielding three.
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

8-)
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"