Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Post by Nkume »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Higuain says we are first choice.

I'm Gunner go: Real striker Higuain keen on £20m switch to Arsenal
By DAVID KENT
PUBLISHED: 10:36 EST, 4 June 2013 | UPDATED: 11:26 EST, 4 June 2013
398 shares 59 View
comments
Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain has hinted at a summer move to Arsenal by saying the London club would be a perfect fit.
Higuain is on his way out of Real Madrid and Arsene Wenger’s side look to be in pole position to land the striker.
Liverpool and Spurs are also interested in the striker but Higuain says a move to the Emirates would be his first choice.

I'm Gunner move: Gonzalo Higuain says he would be keen on a move to Arsenal
He told The Metro: ‘There have already been offers and I hope that Madrid do the best for me and themselves.
‘Arsenal? They would suit me, I’m still young and I have goals.
‘There are many possibilities. I want to go to a league where I’ll be put to the test.’
Wenger is looking to boost his strike force ahead of the new season and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is at the top of the list with Stevan Jovetic, with Swansea forward Michu also featuring, but it is likely that Higuain will be easier to get with Madrid ready to sell for around £20million.

On his way: Gonzalo Higuain has said he will leave Real Madrid this summer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2VHZngONx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BTW Kos ain't going Nowhere.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

While some Mugus here are yanning opaks, a man who should know better gives Wenger two thumbs up. I will continue to say it, finishing 4th with this years squad was one of Wengers best ever achievements.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... t-man-dein
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Brethren t'is with great pleasure that one issues first condemnation of the c*ntish Koscielny. Following an improved season, his agent has, apparently, been floating his product on the stock market. With Barcelona supposedly looking for a centrehalf, is it any surprise this pseudo-Polak is Asterix the Gaul'ing. Ungrateful, c*ntushly myopic moron. When Drogba et al were doing him like film trick during his debut season, he was the epitome of silence. A few good games and now he remembers he wants to win trophies. #drum roll....

No player is bigger than the club. Laurent/Lauren/Laura or whatever he calls himself can f*ck off, true goons know what it means to stretch those colours over one's frame.

#Rumour has it, he's caused unrest in the dressing room ala every other player who left for want of honours.

Sell the *kindperson*! Nordfelt/Notfeelingwell, or whatever his name is, can step in.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Personally, would rather Alexis Sanchez than Higuain. A front line of Theo Nsofor, Gervais and Bruno Mars, not a gram of brain, could offer great insight into the human species. Blistering pace, head down, vrrrroooommmmmmmmmmm! Imagine a swift counter, all three hitting top speed heading towards the opposing area. Theo winding up a no look cut back, Alexis sprinting past his marker, the goal line and straight into the crowd, Gervais dribbling individual blades of grass. #Wenger, quids in. 20 mill will do it.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If we are going to making a Splash would rather have Wayne Rooney, work out a deal of 225 K per week plus bonuses and image rights. You can pay for that by getting rid of Chamakh, Bendtner, Andre Santos, and Djorou and Rosicky.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Coach wrote:Brethren t'is with great pleasure that one issues first condemnation of the c*ntish Koscielny. Following an improved season, his agent has, apparently, been floating his product on the stock market. With Barcelona supposedly looking for a centrehalf, is it any surprise this pseudo-Polak is Asterix the Gaul'ing. Ungrateful, c*ntushly myopic moron. When Drogba et al were doing him like film trick during his debut season, he was the epitome of silence. A few good games and now he remembers he wants to win trophies. #drum roll....

No player is bigger than the club. Laurent/Lauren/Laura or whatever he calls himself can f*ck off, true goons know what it means to stretch those colours over one's frame.

#Rumour has it, he's caused unrest in the dressing room ala every other player who left for want of honours.

Sell the *kindperson*! Nordfelt/Notfeelingwell, or whatever his name is, can step in.
Nothing wrong with what Koscielny has said, I will be more worried if Arsenal players have no ambition to win trophies....
To God be the glory
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:Cheiii KOS just told Skysports that if Arsenal don't show ambition he is GONZO :roll: Here we go again :curse:
Much ado about nothing.

He wants to win at Arsenal, like many Gooners though Kos sees the redundant life and death battle for 4TH as beneath the Arsenal. Need more players with that mindset. No club can guarantee success but one can tell the sentiment among the masses is Arsenal have to at the very least build a side that can challenge on all fronts.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I have no problem with what Kos said. I won't even be mad if he left. What will enrage me is if he joins Man U or Toto fc.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Rumours tonight that we may have signed 18 year old Serbian striker Aleksander Mitrovic who plays for Partizan Belgrade.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Rumours tonight that we may have signed 18 year old Serbian striker Aleksander Mitrovic who plays for Partizan Belgrade.

Mitrovic has been linked with some big clubs for a while now...he's just potential though.

Iwouldn't mind us going in for Illarramendi
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

platinum wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Rumours tonight that we may have signed 18 year old Serbian striker Aleksander Mitrovic who plays for Partizan Belgrade.

Mitrovic has been linked with some big clubs for a while now...he's just potential though.

Hmmm.....if this is true Wenger is putting together a powerful set of strikers o! Giroud, Sanogo and now this lad... :shock:

Some people who follow football in that side of Europe mentioned this lad to me not too long ago, they seemed convinced he was the next big thing from that league with his power and technique.,.let us wait and see.
To God be the glory
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chei we are at it again signing potential.. So it means wenger's plan is a 15 year one or 12 ?

Campbell nko ..? potential
Sanogo ...potential

Now Mitrovic ..potential

meanwhile we have have ..

Giround
Podolski
Bedwetter
Chamakh
Park

Lawd have mercy oh
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Another prospect which is good but nothing be excited about.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Cheiii KOS just told Skysports that if Arsenal don't show ambition he is GONZO :roll: Here we go again :curse:
Much ado about nothing.

He wants to win at Arsenal, like many Gooners though Kos sees the redundant life and death battle for 4TH as beneath the Arsenal. Need more players with that mindset. No club can guarantee success but one can tell the sentiment among the masses is Arsenal have to at the very least build a side that can challenge on all fronts.
Really was he a signing that signaled ambition when he was plucked from LOrient? I guess when he blundered away our Carling cup with Szcz or his multiple own goals, Pks and red cards, he was thinking ambition. I mean, God Bless the dude cuz he has ended the last two seasons well, but Jeez son, relax that big head and motor mouth. I mean who is next? Diaby, Ramshyt or Coquelin to start Big Timing after one half a season of good play? :roll: :roll:

I feel truly sorry for Wenger sha, cuz i really dont know what kind of players he is assembling at Ashburton Grove for real :roll: :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Hmmm.....if this is true Wenger is putting together a powerful set of strikers o! Giroud, Sanogo and now this lad... :shock:

Some people who follow football in that side of Europe mentioned this lad to me not too long ago, they seemed convinced he was the next big thing from that league with his power and technique.,.let us wait and see.
Bruh, an old igbo proverb says that when your house is on fire, you dont start chasing rats running through your living room :idea: :idea:

Benteke don signal come and get me :idea: Likewise Wanyama and to a certain extent Capoue :idea: All the while na kindergarten kids we dey fin to plunder for future. I tire sha :boo: :boo: After hearing Dein talk recently, I pray to Baba God to bring this guy back to rescue this rudderless ship with no compass to success :ohmy: :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Bruh, an old igbo proverb says that when your house is on fire, you dont start chasing rats running through your living room :idea: :idea:

Benteke don signal come and get me :idea: Likewise Wanyama and to a certain extent Capoue :idea: All the while na kindergarten kids we dey fin to plunder for future. I tire sha :boo: :boo: After hearing Dein talk recently, I pray to Baba God to bring this guy back to rescue this rudderless ship with no compass to success :ohmy: :curse:
na wa o!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I hope we get Peruzzi to replace Sagna.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Hank Anuku...and the good old penny drops. Benteke, proven Premier league pedigree, will not be signed. Wanyama choma, decent champions league showing, consistent performer in the SPL, perhaps the best/amongst the better players in the division, won't be signed. Whilst the competition are procuring Navas', lining up Iscos and Fellanis, we're playing Transformers with Hey Arnoldstrovic. With Sanogo, Gnarby, Aneke already on the books, another age mate arrives to stifle another. As has been said before, expect another cull over the coming season. Arsenal know exactly what is needed to fathom a challenge for honours, they will not equip themselvea accordingly. One marquee signing and a plethora of soon to be releaseds/sorry and you are's?...The Wengerian Way.

T'was said that failing to sign Benteke would be indefensible, hopefully, all will keep to their word. As was said in the infancy of this thread, this so called war chest is a composite of money generated through departures and that available for wages. The rumoured 50 million, 70m according to some sources, is mere propaganda. The figure is closer to 30m than anything else. Rosicky has insisted he's staying, Denilson has been brought out and Chamakh is demanding his wages be subsidized before he talks with Bordeaux or Betis. There will ne no major signings till departures are all but rubber stamped.

Koscielny wants trophy, which by extrapolating trends means, he's on his way next summer, if there isn't a bid during this window. Fingers crossed he'll have another season akin to his first. On the topic of Mastrovic, any Youtube clippings #straight face. Couple weeks till the fixture list is out and season ticket prices set. Looking forward to the numbers.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Aniks..

Like you I look forward to those big signings that will improve the first team they and I believe they will come...but you cannot let legit talent get away while you are negotiating for those first team additions.

The reality though is this we are likely to lose a lot of squad players that are forwards this year. 4 possibly...Arshavin, Chamakh, Park and Bendtner...you look at the potential Sanogo and Mitrovic(If true) have shown already and you have to credit the club for getting them early. We all know wait another 12 months and it could be too late...

I think what we can understand from the signing of Sanogo and Mitrovic is that Giroud is likely to remain our first choise striker next season, when the first XI signings arrive they are likely to be creative attacking players like Jovetic and Grenier and possibly a Central midfielder.
To God be the glory
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Skylolo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Aniks..

Like you I look forward to those big signings that will improve the first team they and I believe they will come...but you cannot let legit talent get away while you are negotiating for those first team additions.

The reality though is this we are likely to lose a lot of squad players that are forwards this year. 4 possibly...Arshavin, Chamakh, Park and Bendtner...you look at the potential Sanogo and Mitrovic(If true) have shown already and you have to credit the club for getting them early. We all know wait another 12 months and it could be too late...

I think what we can understand from the signing of Sanogo and Mitrovic is that Giroud is likely to remain our first choise striker next season, when the first XI signings arrive they are likely to be creative attacking players like Jovetic and Grenier and possibly a Central midfielder.
There you have it.......... Arsenal's statement of intent, if you are correct (and I believe you are......90%) This is Weng-liar's last season, and another trophyless one @ that
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Correct. Giroud, who will never be world class, will never be amongst the top five players in the division, nor in Europe's top twenty, is the type of quality Arsenal are content with. Many have come here and claimed Koscielny to be amongst the best players last season. He himself has suggested he'll move on if the club cannot challenge for titles. When last was the EPL or Champions League won by a team boasting players of Giroud's calibre? Rafa's Liverpool perhaps, Smicer and Voronin. A glitch in the matrix, no more.

Simply put, Arsenal are in no position to challenge because they're not good enough. Unless they rectify the rubbish Wenger has filled this squad with, they stand to lose their standout (one of) performer. So...if they choose to go into next season with no more than Ashley Williams and Julio Cesar, plus a Sanogo and Matrovic, effectively excluding themselves from competing for honours, they're paving the way for their better players to leave. A statement of intent.

...Brethren, the club is a cash cow, no more. Arsenal have no intention of challenging for any serious honour for the foreseeable future. The 70 million war chest is no more than propaganda to entice fickle fans into season ticket renewals. What is needed, will not be signed. Fact. Wenger will make no effort to bridge the gap, he's content where he is, vying for a place in the crowd, far from the podium. Thanks to the applause and acclamation by a fanbase stripped of ambition, he can sell his winless brand to the masses. In truth, if no one of note is signed in the summer, if the season begins with the customary floggings by Chelsea et al, who gives a sh*t. If a man refuses to raise the alarm when he sees smoke, he deserves to burn in the fire.

...The masses chose to be long suffering and long may they suffer. When Wenger embarked on his bullsh*t, every excuse under the sun was given. Financial fair play would level the playing field, the great Alusi cried. When it was said that FFP would not be the knight in shining armour Arsene would have us believe, Mr Waffiyagi was Daniel son-ing more than an Andy Warholled Noriyuki Morita. Newly promoted Monaco have fair played Moutinho and Falcao to name a couple. One offered a breakdown of the myth in a post last year, none believed. Wenger has conveniently come out to give a rallying cry of a time to win titles, nothing to do with anticipated gate receipts, purely coincidence. #straight face. We wait with bated breath. When the window closes with no serious intent shown in our efforts to catch the breakaway pack, one expects to hear of FFPs, problems shifting Bendtners, strong enough squads if all are fit and well and an equine placenta DHL'd to Diaby's house.

#not signing Benteke would be indefensible, or so it was said. Lets keep to such words and wait for the statement of intent.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Arshavin, Squillachi, and Denilson leave officially!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... e-the-club
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gunners its not looking good for us
Full Story: The Sun
Tottenham have offered 30-year-old England striker Jermain Defoe plus cash to Aston Villa in exchange for Christian Benteke, 22. Spurs face competition from Atletico Madrid, who are ready to bid £25m for the Belgium forward
Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny, 27, a £15m summer target for Bayern Munich, admits he could leave the Gunners if they fail to show ambition in the transfer market.
New Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho hopes to hijack Arsenal's £23m move for Fiorentina's Montenegro striker Stevan Jovetic,23
Big spending Monaco are lining up a £50m bid for Arsenal Jack Wilshere,they are ready to up the price.