The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Coach »

Agree with Azuka, to some extent, Beloved will not be bested by City or Spurs. Four points is more likely. Not sure about a 3-4-3 in either instance and would certainly opt for extra bodies in the middle of the park.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:Wow see how guys are counting 6 points in hand.
I think we are the team to stop City if we want to be in title discussion.
Beat them away and just have to pick another 3 points from spurs or worst just don't open yash.The game is after international break.
Lacazatte has been piss poor and it's shocking for a 50 millions.
Time to act like an elite CF.Sachez to do come get me in January.
But let me no lie,we will need to be at our best more than what we were against Chelsea to stand a chance and take half chances.
We are NOT in the EPL title equation. That said, I expect us to be in the top 4 and win one or two trophies.
So please can you n ame the teams in EPL title equation and what makes them but not beloved?
Also if you expect us to be in the top 4 can you name other 3 you expect also?
Thanks Nkume,just want to get your own view
Title equation: Shitty!

Top 4: Shitty, Mumu FC, Arsenal, Chelski
I agree on the top four finish but I think beloved will finish ahead of manure...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

It is going to be a shoot out on Sunday. Arsenal to win 5-4!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Nkume wrote:It is going to be a shoot out on Sunday. Arsenal to win 5-4!
Somehow I see us winning 2.0. City will come out as usual trying to over crowd and over run us. Especially in the middle which is where Xhaka and Ramsey maintaining positional discipline comes in. And with AOL being fleet flooted I don't see City defenders stopping us. Won't be surprise if Laca gets our 2 goals.

All we need is Xhaka and Ramsey displaying the same discipline as both did against Chelsea at Stanford bridge.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:Wow see how guys are counting 6 points in hand.
I think we are the team to stop City if we want to be in title discussion.
Beat them away and just have to pick another 3 points from spurs or worst just don't open yash.The game is after international break.
Lacazatte has been piss poor and it's shocking for a 50 millions.
Time to act like an elite CF.Sachez to do come get me in January.
But let me no lie,we will need to be at our best more than what we were against Chelsea to stand a chance and take half chances.
We are NOT in the EPL title equation. That said, I expect us to be in the top 4 and win one or two trophies.
So please can you n ame the teams in EPL title equation and what makes them but not beloved?
Also if you expect us to be in the top 4 can you name other 3 you expect also?
Thanks Nkume,just want to get your own view
Title equation: Shitty!

Top 4: Shitty, Mumu FC, Arsenal, Chelski
I agree on the top four finish but I think beloved will finish ahead of manure...
So if we will finish above them what makes you all think we should not be competing for the crown?
So you guys are saying the title is already handed to City?I hope the boss and players not thinking like you all
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

azuka wrote:
Somehow I see us winning 2.0. City will come out as usual trying to over crowd and over run us. Especially in the middle which is where Xhaka and Ramsey maintaining positional discipline comes in. And with AOL being fleet flooted I don't see City defenders stopping us. Won't be surprise if Laca gets our 2 goals.

All we need is Xhaka and Ramsey displaying the same discipline as both did against Chelsea at Stanford bridge.
I'm not as optimistic. We have very little chance of beating City on current form. Only chance is if every member of our team focuses on defending and protecting the ball. I hope for the best.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Cally wrote:
azuka wrote:

I'm not as optimistic. We have very little chance of beating City on current form. Only chance is if every member of our team focuses on defending and protecting the ball. I hope for the best.
It will be close, and there will be goals. We always play well against shitty, even when we lose.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Pep praised Napoli after the last match - it'll be a very tough game with Napoli - ManC has played one more match since their 1st leg.
We'll be way fresher going into the Sunday match - we've to make it attritional through ball pressure - we cannot concede possession & wait
on them - we gotta be proactive playing @high pace.
We would need Kolasinac to be 80% recovered.
Maitland-Niles has the pace & strength to play DM against a speedy ManC central midfield.
Mustafi comes in for Mertesacker.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

tolahs wrote:Pep praised Napoli after the last match - it'll be a very tough game with Napoli - ManC has played one more match since their 1st leg.
We'll be way fresher going into the Sunday match - we've to make it attritional through ball pressure - we cannot concede possession & wait
on them - we gotta be proactive playing @high pace.
We would need Kolasinac to be 80% recovered.
Maitland-Niles has the pace & strength to play DM against a speedy ManC central midfield.
Mustafi comes in for Mertesacker.
Not fit yet. We are going to miss him and Welbeck.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

This is for you Aniks. Stats they say don't lie.

http://www.90min.com/posts/5745136-stat ... source=RSS
​Arsenal maestro Mesut Ozil may have a reputation as one of the laziest players in the Premier League, an individual totally disinterested when his team is not in possession and someone who has a habit of going missing when the pressure is turned on.

But the German's understated impact this season should perhaps have been far greater than it actually is, and for that he has wasteful team-mates to thank.

Squawka Football ✔@Squawka
Most chances created in the Premier League so far this season:

Kevin De Bruyne (30)
Mesut Özil (30)
David Silva (28)
Cesc Fàbregas (25)
6:55 AM - Oct 29, 2017
57 57 Replies 914 914 Retweets 1,285 1,285 likes

Ozil has managed a joint Premier League high of 30 chances created in 2017/18, the same as Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne. It is more than De Bruyne's City colleague David Silva (28) and more than Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas (25).

It is worth pointing out that Ozil has played almost 300 fewer minutes than De Bruyne as a result of a knee problem and the subsequent effect on his fitness.
Manchester City v Burnley - Premier League
Alexis Sanchez is the next most creative player at Arsenal after making 18 chances, followed by Granit Xhaka on 12 and Hector Bellerin on 10. Ozil is leading by quite some distance.

Yet Ozil isn't seen to be having a good season. That is perhaps in part because he would need to be playing out his skin to compensate for the contract saga that continues to hang over him, but also because his numbers for goals and assists do not illustrate anything at all remarkable.

Scorer of a single goal himself, for the 30 chances that Ozil has created, he only has two assists. Both of those have come in the last two games and it means that as many as 28 of the chances he has created for others have gone begging. The Gunners have been too wasteful.

Compare that to De Bruyne, who has six assists to his name from 30 chances created. The Belgian's team-mates have obliged in a way that Ozil's colleagues in north London have failed to do. Silva has also registered six assists from slightly fewer chances created, while Fabregas can be equally disappointed in his Chelsea colleagues as Ozil at Arsenal because his 25 creations have yielded only one goal.

If the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Alexandre Lacazette and Danny Welbeck, all of whom feature in the top 20 players for ​'big chances missed' this season, had scored even just four more goals between them for Ozil's assists to match De Bruyne's, Arsenal's season might have looked a little different at this moment in time.
A Priest they say have no honor in his hometown.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:This is for you Aniks. Stats they say don't lie.

​Arsenal maestro Mesut Ozil may have a reputation as one of the laziest players in the Premier League, an individual totally disinterested when his team is not in possession and someone who has a habit of going missing when the pressure is turned on.

But the German's understated impact this season should perhaps have been far greater than it actually is, and for that he has wasteful team-mates to thank.

Kevin De Bruyne (30)
Mesut Özil (30)
David Silva (28)
Cesc Fàbregas (25)

Ozil has managed a joint Premier League high of 30 chances created in 2017/18, the same as Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne. It is more than De Bruyne's City colleague David Silva (28) and more than Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas (25).

It is worth pointing out that Ozil has played almost 300 fewer minutes than De Bruyne as a result of a knee problem and the subsequent effect on his fitness.
Alexis Sanchez is the next most creative player at Arsenal after making 18 chances, followed by Granit Xhaka on 12 and Hector Bellerin on 10. Ozil is leading by quite some distance.

Yet Ozil isn't seen to be having a good season. That is perhaps in part because he would need to be playing out his skin to compensate for the contract saga that continues to hang over him, but also because his numbers for goals and assists do not illustrate anything at all remarkable.

Scorer of a single goal himself, for the 30 chances that Ozil has created, he only has two assists. Both of those have come in the last two games and it means that as many as 28 of the chances he has created for others have gone begging. The Gunners have been too wasteful.

Compare that to De Bruyne, who has six assists to his name from 30 chances created. The Belgian's team-mates have obliged in a way that Ozil's colleagues in north London have failed to do. Silva has also registered six assists from slightly fewer chances created, while Fabregas can be equally disappointed in his Chelsea colleagues as Ozil at Arsenal because his 25 creations have yielded only one goal.

If the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Alexandre Lacazette and Danny Welbeck, all of whom feature in the top 20 players for ​'big chances missed' this season, had scored even just four more goals between them for Ozil's assists to match De Bruyne's, Arsenal's season might have looked a little different at this moment in time.
Pathetic false propaganda and I saw the article earlier and nearly laughed my ... off.

Ozil is finished ... its sheer idiocy to even the mention the loser in the same sentence as KDB
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:

Kevin De Bruyne (30)
Mesut Özil (30)
David Silva (28)
Cesc Fàbregas (25)

Pathetic false propaganda and I saw the article earlier and nearly laughed my ... off.

Ozil is finished ... its sheer idiocy to even the mention the loser in the same sentence as KDB
Buy another jersey then, celebrate his end that you've prayed for all your days :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I BLAME ARSENAL FAN TV!
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Yes: He may be frustrating sometimes.

Yes: Sometimes he is selfish.

Yes: Sometimes he is clueless.

Yes: He is an Arsenal legend, notwithstanding.

Great Engine, Great goals. Decisive on the Big occasion. Aaron Rambo Ramsey! 50 goals for Arsenal and counting.

[/video]
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Kevin De Bruyne (30)
Mesut Özil (30)
David Silva (28)
Cesc Fàbregas (25)

Thanks my Bro....season in season out, the numbers continue to show a consistent high performer doing exactly what he was bought to do. Thankfully some of us have eyes and can see.. :clap: :clap: :clap:
To God be the glory
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

If you ask them to show you those chances created by Ozil, they can't show it.
The other day, they said he created 8 chances against Everton.
Can you spot 8 chances here? I can spot 3, or 4 maybe.
Ozil has 1 goal and 2 assists in 2017. We are 8 games into the season.
[/video]
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:
Kevin De Bruyne (30)
Mesut Özil (30)
David Silva (28)
Cesc Fàbregas (25)

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:If you ask them to show you those chances created by Ozil, they can't show it.
The other day, they said he created 8 chances against Everton.
Can you spot 8 chances here? I can spot 3, or 4 maybe.
Ozil has 1 goal and 2 assists in 2017. We are 8 games into the season.
[/video]
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:
Kevin De Bruyne (30)
Mesut Özil (30)
David Silva (28)
Cesc Fàbregas (25)

Bepanda I don’t even bother any more, these deluded people remind me of Trump supporters.

He was so right when he said that the deluded would still support him even if he was guilty of murder. How anyone normally functioning human being can continue in this delusional state is beyond me :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

:roll: :roll:

I don't understand how we are like Trump supporters, we are not the ones telling everybody else how our conceited opinions are more relevant than objective facts. :taunt:
To God be the glory
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Kevin De Bruyne (30)
Mesut Özil (30)
David Silva (28)
Cesc Fàbregas (25)

I was waiting for you to post this article, the original is from BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41791338

The full content of the article confirms my position that Ozil is a defensive liability and does not fit the Arsenal team formation. Arsenal has to play two DM to accommodate Ozil.

Azuka, over to you :smile:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote::roll: :roll:

I don't understand how we are like Trump supporters, we are not the ones telling everybody else how our conceited opinions are more relevant than objective facts. :taunt:

If Ozil fans are Trump supporters, the ones who call them that must be ISIS....constantly and consistently bombing and abusing anything that opposes them while at the same time ensuring that no one will ever agree with the points they make, all along never having the sense to see anything beyond their nose MEANWHILE the truth is they embrace the very things they say they oppose....they buy the flyest cars and electronics from the west and chase the finest western girls, in this case of course, it's jerseys that get bought, and every inch of the German's movement gets analyzed and scrutinized (admiringly)....kind of like Bin Laden getting caught with a load of pornography.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

realtrouble wrote:

Kevin De Bruyne (30)
Mesut Özil (30)
David Silva (28)
Cesc Fàbregas (25)

The full content of the article confirms my position that Ozil is a defensive liability and does not fit the Arsenal team formation. Arsenal has to play two DM to accommodate Ozil.

I don't think you'll find many who have ever said he is a defensive plus. That's not a smart comeback. The consistent point has always been that Arsenal has bought him and needs to maximize his strengths. It's why there was a time at Real where BBC did no defending but on the counter, they were wickedly deadly. You play to the strengths of your players. It's not rocket science
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

platinum wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

I don't think you'll find many who have ever said he is a defensive plus. That's not a smart comeback. The consistent point has always been that Arsenal has bought him and needs to maximize his strengths. It's why there was a time at Real where BBC did no defending but on the counter, they were wickedly deadly. You play to the strengths of your players. It's not rocket science
We don't have the players to play to Ozil's strength, to do that will require a world class DM or two DMs, Ozil should be more flexible, like his contemporaries De Bruyne and contribute his fair share of team defensive duties.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

realtrouble wrote:
platinum wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

We don't have the players to play to Ozil's strength, to do that will require a world class DM or two DMs, Ozil should be more flexible, like his contemporaries De Bruyne and contribute his fair share of team defensive duties.
And you forgot to post this too from the BBC article.
Mesut Ozil Kevin de Bruyne
568 Mins played 841
1 Goals 1
2 Assists 6
30 Chances created 30
8.33% Shot conversion 4.55%
86.3% Pass accuracy 86%
And you also forgot to mention that City has Fernandinho as a platform for KDB to perform. Does Ozil have that same luxury?