Nigeria vs Canada - FIFA World Cup 2023 (0-0) FT ( Nnadozie saves PK) Red Card Abiodun

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Canada - FIFA World Cup 2023 (0-0) FT ( Nnadozie saves PK) Red Card Abiodun

Post by marutimon »

IMO this was Nigeria's toughest game. Yes, I know the hosts are next but it should be easier. And Ireland while no pushover lack Nigeria's quality. Good result.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Canada - FIFA World Cup 2023 (0-0) FT ( Nnadozie saves PK) Red Card Abiodun

Post by wiseone »

Good result (despite dodgy refereeing). Nnadozie and Plumptre were Nigeria's best players.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:59 am THE NARRATIVE HAS CHANGED - FOR THE GOOD

Wasn't too long ago when a post-match discussion of a Super Falcon match was primarily embarassed lamentation of how lacking the team was in fundamentals, heavy with suggestions as to how they could improve.

Some of us saw this impovement a few years ago (but there skeptics and mockers) and this match has confirmed it. It won't be too long before the fans start discussing potential climb into the top tier of women's football. This is progress.
Bell
Absolutely! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sometimes progress occurs in infinitesimally small amounts, so you do not even realise it is occurring. But its those small things which are easily missed whilst people lament over the more obvious ones.

I believe the Falcons are progressing steadily but there are latent periods and 'lag' factors - like the quality of the coach, or the facilities like pitches etc, or simply the emotional state of the players.
But I believe the quality of the players is undoubtedly better and the benchmark continuously getting higher. Once all the factors fall into place at the same time, then we surely will be a world force.
And that applies to the Super Eagles too.

For God's sake, for both teams we are speaking of two Nigerians that are part of the conversation when the best male and female strikers in the world are being discussed (Osimhen and Oshoala).
We are talking of one of the best female GK's in the world (Nnadozie).
We are talking of an AM that has the potential to become a truly global force (Ajibade).
We are talking of a national team in which legends like Okobi, Oparanozie and Ortega struggle to make the team even though still in their prime years.
We are talking about a team where the young and excellent Onyenezide cannot (yet) make the senior national team. Let's not forget the Demehins that have already pushed through to put some SF legends on the bench or even left them stranded in the departure lounge back home.
These are things which if mentioned in the past by anyone, they'd laugh him out of town.

Maybe I'm a little euphoric at the moment, but I see the SF finally hitting the world very hard, very soon.
The sooner the better.
:shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:25 pm Good result (despite dodgy refereeing). Nnadozie and Plumptre were Nigeria's neat players.
Weytin consign fu'ball with neatness?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

"Best". Blasted auto-correct.
Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:32 pm Weytin consign fu'ball with neatness?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Wasn't too long ago when a post-match discussion of a Super Falcon match was primarily embarassed lamentation of how lacking the team was in fundamentals, heavy with suggestions as to how they could improve.

Some of us saw this impovement a few years ago (but there skeptics and mockers) and this match has confirmed it. It won't be too long before the fans start discussing potential climb into the top tier of women's football. This is progress.
Bell
It will be long. What I saw today seemed like regression. I've seen the SF play much better than this in the past. The RESULT is very encouraging. But the actual PLAY was poor and disjointed for large periods. Abysmal passing.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:38 am
waka-man wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:29 am Generally speaking I like what I saw. And Ayinde and Ajigbade take this team up a couple of levels.
Kanu has become an even better player. I hope she shakes her reputation as a super-sub; she can have that impact for 90+ minutes.
Super Zee did well today. Brought everyone in.
Payne is very wicked with those set-pieces. Very wicked.
Ohale is a great Nigerian.
So happy for Abiodun (despite the red) and Damihen.
Our full backs cause heart-in-mouth moments but get the job done.

But the biggest thing is they have a certain mentality about them that I like. Tough, united, intimidating, organised.

It’s a really tough group but if they can get something out of the Australia game they should have the better of the Rep.
Thank you.
So refreshing to read a positive report.
I missed the game and there are no highlights up on FIFA+ yet.
So I started reading the game thread from page 1 and I was just so sickened by the negativity and cowardly comments, I had to stop.
The usual ‘emotional insurance’ - grown men ridiculing the team to protect themselves from possible heartache.

Now they are all standing up again. :rotf:
You did not watch it live. So allow those that watched it live and commented live to tell you what they saw.
The team was atrocious the first 20 minutes of the game... took them too long to settle.
They got better as the half wore on.
Finished the half in a positive light.
Then the early 2nd half penalty.
Reverted back to how they played in the beginning of the first half... with the ref seemingly giving them most calls.
We got the draw due to the tenacity of the ladies.
We still can't pass worth a lick.
We are afraid to make passes in the back because our passing is piss-poor.
There was a point where we attempted to pass the ball back only to create a breakaway for the Canadians and I realized why we weren't passing the ball back.
Substitutions were late.
But organizationally, they were well organized.

Kudos to the ladies.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

bushboy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:53 pm

Bell
It will be long. What I saw today seemed like regression. I've seen the SF play much better than this in the past. The RESULT is very encouraging. But the actual PLAY was poor and disjointed for large periods. Abysmal passing.
The glass is always half-empty for waste pipes🤔❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:28 pm

Bell
Sometimes progress occurs in infinitesimally small amounts, so you do not even realise it is occurring. But its those small things which are easily missed whilst people lament over the more obvious ones.

I believe the Falcons are progressing steadily but there are latent periods and 'lag' factors - like the quality of the coach, or the facilities like pitches etc, or simply the emotional state of the players.
But I believe the quality of the players is undoubtedly better and the benchmark continuously getting higher. Once all the factors fall into place at the same time, then we surely will be a world force.

For God's sake, for both teams we are speaking of two Nigerians that are part of the conversation when the best male and female strikers in the world are being discussed (Osimhen and Oshoala).
We are talking of an AM that has the potential to become a truly global force (Ajibade).
We are talking of a national team in which legends like Okobi, Oparanozie and Ortega struggle to make the team even though still in their prime years.
We are talking about a team where the young and excellent Onyenezide cannot (yet) make the senior national team. Let's not forget the Demehins that have already pushed through to put some SF legends on the bench or even left them stranded in the departure lounge back home.
These are things which if mentioned in the past by anyone, they'd laugh him out of town.

Maybe I'm a little euphoric at the moment, but I see the SF finally hitting the world very hard, very soon.
The sooner the better.
Learn to watch football before you attack CE, it took us 12 mins and 53 secs before we got out of our half, after the horrid tackle one of our girls received, the team now began to play. We had our first goal attempt at min 21...... However the 2nd half was as bad as the first 20 mins.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:59 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:38 am
waka-man wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:29 am Generally speaking I like what I saw. And Ayinde and Ajigbade take this team up a couple of levels.
Kanu has become an even better player. I hope she shakes her reputation as a super-sub; she can have that impact for 90+ minutes.
Super Zee did well today. Brought everyone in.
Payne is very wicked with those set-pieces. Very wicked.
Ohale is a great Nigerian.
So happy for Abiodun (despite the red) and Damihen.
Our full backs cause heart-in-mouth moments but get the job done.

But the biggest thing is they have a certain mentality about them that I like. Tough, united, intimidating, organised.

It’s a really tough group but if they can get something out of the Australia game they should have the better of the Rep.
Thank you.
So refreshing to read a positive report.
I missed the game and there are no highlights up on FIFA+ yet.
So I started reading the game thread from page 1 and I was just so sickened by the negativity and cowardly comments, I had to stop.
The usual ‘emotional insurance’ - grown men ridiculing the team to protect themselves from possible heartache.

Now they are all standing up again. :rotf:
You did not watch it live. So allow those that watched it live and commented live to tell you what they saw.
The team was atrocious the first 20 minutes of the game... took them too long to settle.
They got better as the half wore on.
Finished the half in a positive light.
Then the early 2nd half penalty.
Reverted back to how they played in the beginning of the first half... with the ref seemingly giving them most calls.
We got the draw due to the tenacity of the ladies.
We still can't pass worth a lick.
We are afraid to make passes in the back because our passing is piss-poor.
There was a point where we attempted to pass the ball back only to create a breakaway for the Canadians and I realized why we weren't passing the ball back.
Substitutions were late.
But organizationally, they were well organized.

Kudos to the ladies.
Hmmm....it seems you are one of those rubbishing the team early in the thread. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This your defence of the panic get as e be.
"Piss poor" and "atrocious" are not adjectives any neutral would use to describe their performance, even in the first 20mins.

But yes, of course everyone is free to spread their anxiety on the page. That's why we are here.
It just needs to be remembered that it in no way reflects reality.
It never has.
And Amen to that!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:52 pm

Bell

The sooner the better.
Learn to watch football before you attack CE, it took us 12 mins and 53 secs before we got out of our half, after the horrid tackle one of our girls received, the team now began to play. We had our first goal attempt at min 21...... However the 2nd half was as bad as the first 20 mins.
I don't "attack" like that, but if I did, I'd always opt to 'attack' guys on CE before I attack the girls.
You for one are forever sat on your fat a$$ eating pork and typing insults and attacks with your no-neck.
Those girls are out there battling in your name.

So no, no matter how much under attack they are from the opposition, my own is not to attack dem join.
That is your role.
And that's why you need to be 'attacked".
Gerrit?

Probably not. :(
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:01 pm
bushboy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:53 pm

Bell
The glass is always half-empty for waste pipes🤔❗️

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

So there are dudes who actually did a scouting report
and stayed up to watch girls football?
Dunno what to say.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:26 pm So there are dudes who actually did a scouting report
Dunno what to say.
It's 2023. Grow up. These misogynistic comments are getting old
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:18 pm

Bell

The sooner the better.
I don't "attack" like that, but if I did, I'd always opt to 'attack' guys on CE before I attack the girls.
You for one are forever sat on your fat a$$ eating pork and typing insults and attacks with your no-neck.

So no, no matter how much under attack they are from the opposition, my own is not to attack dem join.
That is your role.
Gerrit?

First of all , I am not fat, i do not eat pork, I have a neck which is very visible, no rolls, I am buffed, yes i am sitting down right now . No one attacked the girls , people attacked the pattern of play. learn to attack the message instead of the messenger. you are too hostile and you need to relax
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:26 pm So there are dudes who actually did a scouting report
Dunno what to say.
it was actually fun watching people repping our country , we are here on CE to rep and follow Nigerian football at any level. you on the other hand took your time to stay up and watch a pathetic friendly assnal vs mls all stars and you had the audacity to talk about it on a Nigerian forum...smh..why don't you go talk about a friendly on assnafans tv?
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:45 pm

Bell

The sooner the better.

That is your role.
Gerrit?

First of all , I am not fat, i do not eat pork, I have a neck which is very visible, no rolls, I am buffed, yes i am sitting down right now . No one attacked the girls , people attacked the pattern of play. learn to attack the message instead of the messenger. you are too hostile and you need to relax
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Your ‘first of all’ is always and consistently at the top of your defence.
Why are you so sensitive about it?
Own it! Eat it!
Porkey, you don’t owe me or anyone else an explanation!

:bump: :bump: :bump:
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Bell

The sooner the better.
Not bad but you can't be happy with a draw, that's a loser's mentality.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bushboy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:29 pm
Dunno what to say.
It's 2023. Grow up. These misogynistic comments are getting old
:lol: :lol:

It’s 2023.
Grow up, it’s ok for people
to have an opposing point of view
without a person like you childishly
labeling them.
Did I tell you not to enjoy girls football?
Why are you so triggered?
Anyway you’re a Bushboy :mrgreen:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bell

The sooner the better.

That is your role.
Gerrit?

Stfu! You are fat and you eat pork hence your nickname :lol: . Stop denying who you are. That ankle you fractured was because your skinny legs couldn't support your big belly. Overweight or obese people are more prone to ankle fracture than nonobese individuals. https://www.thepodiatrygroup.com/2022/0 ... %20bones.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:09 pm
Hmmm....it seems you are one of those rubbishing the team early in the thread. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This your defence of the panic get as e be.
"Piss poor" and "atrocious" are not adjectives any neutral would use to describe their performance, even in the first 20mins.

But yes, of course everyone is free to spread their anxiety on the page. That's why we are here.
It just needs to be remembered that it in no way reflects reality.
It never has.
And Amen to that!
Oga, I am NOT neutral when it comes to matters regarding Naijaria. I am a VERY biased observer.

I saw talent. I saw organization and I also an inability to coordinate simple passes early on in the game and in the second half.

It got so bad that any time we got possession we just cleared the ball to "no one in particular".

I commend the ladies for a hard-fought draw.

But I am sad that the talent on display couldn't have been deployed better.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:13 pm

Bell

The sooner the better.

That is your role.
Gerrit?

Stfu! You are fat and you eat pork hence your nickname :lol: . Stop denying who you are. That ankle you fractured was because your skinny legs couldn't support your big belly. Overweight or obese people are more prone to ankle fracture than nonobese individuals. https://www.thepodiatrygroup.com/2022/0 ... %20bones.
you are pretty rude and you tell lies
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

For those who couldn't watch the game yesterday, Fox soccer plus is about to show it again.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.