Siasia Banned for life by FIFA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Siasia Banned for life by FIFA

Post by mcal »

zee wrote:
mcal wrote:...how will a big organization like fifa conduct such investigation without inviting the individual to come state his side.
Just an arbitrary decision to punish.
I hope he go to court big time if he can afford a big time lawyer.
Nonsense.... If he goes to court, he will end up in jail.
...if he keep quiet then it's true, or else he should hire a competent lawyer and fight it.
na siddon look mode. Ban for life is a death sentence almost.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mcal wrote:...a continuation from Colin Udoh

In the meantime, I am still a bit sceptical about this notice from the @FIFAcom Adjudicatory Chamber. I've not seen it on any of the FIFA channels and I've been searching.
So, until it comes, my advise would be to take it with a pinch of salt

Won't be surprised someone in this internet age is fabricating fifa web info page. It does not make sense to sentence someone to death penalty without notifying the person you are being charged. Or at least announce it publicly.

Does the Rohr brigade have anything to do with this?
...too many ugly Nigerians shuffling around.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

In the meantime, I am still a bit sceptical about this notice from the @FIFAcom Adjudicatory Chamber. I've not seen it on any of the FIFA channels and I've been searching.

Won't be surprised someone in this internet age is fabricating fifa web info page. It does not make sense to sentence someone to death penalty without notifying the person you are being charged. Or at least announce it publicly.

Its on FIFA website and the page of the Independent Ethics Committee. Not sure what else KOC is looking for...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Its a Goal wrote:This has come out of nowhere. FIFA cannot be allowed to make a monumental decision like this without providing reasons behind it and providing evidence to his guilt. They have to be taken to task especially if it had anything to do with matches that occurred while coaching the national team.
So FIFA will indeed make such a decision this monumental without evidence. Are you really making such a suggestion without prejudice or bias?

There comes a time when you cannot defend your own, especially in the face of the crime for which they are found guilty. Here is a part if FIFA'S statement:
The adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee has found Mr Samson Siasia, a former official of the Nigeria Football Federation, guilty of having accepted that he would receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics.
This is a serious offence. It is tantamount to treason. It is a betrayal of everything we as football fans and Nigerians invest in.

I believe implicitly in FIFA's disciplinary process and have no reason to doubt it. I also hope they have evidence to nail more corrupt coaches. It looks like chickens are finally coming home to roost.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

txj wrote:

Its on FIFA website and the page of the Independent Ethics Committee. Not sure what else KOC is looking for...
...well let the competent journos do the leg work and investigate. Ban for life is monumental.
It's like sitting in your house a court bailiff arrives saying you have been found guilty and sentenced to death of a case you know nothing about.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Here is FIFA's press release.

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Funniest thing is that I just looked at the source code of that page to see if it was phished (superimposed) from somewhere. Every internet page have a source code and if you know how you can figure out if it is fake or legit. This looks legit as a FIFA website. Guess we will have to keep our fingers crossed.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

txj wrote:

:lol: :lol: I weak oh!
http://www.naijiant.com/
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Man, this is terrible. From the wording of the FIFA report, it appears Siasia was secretly recorded saying this, and that FIFA has the recording.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:Here is FIFA's press release.

Another thing could it be someone claiming to be Siasia?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

We need to see more. If he was not given the chance to defend himself then it is a farce. However, if due process was followed and he was found guilty then he deserves a life ban.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Waffiman wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:This has come out of nowhere. FIFA cannot be allowed to make a monumental decision like this without providing reasons behind it and providing evidence to his guilt. They have to be taken to task especially if it had anything to do with matches that occurred while coaching the national team.
So FIFA will indeed make such a decision this monumental without evidence. Are you really making such a suggestion without prejudice or bias?

There comes a time when you cannot defend your own, especially in the face of the crime for which they are found guilty. Here is a part if FIFA'S statement:
The adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee has found Mr Samson Siasia, a former official of the Nigeria Football Federation, guilty of having accepted that he would receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics.
This is a serious offence. It is tantamount to treason. It is a betrayal of everything we as football fans and Nigerians invest in.

I believe implicitly in FIFA's disciplinary process and have no reason to doubt it. I also hope they have evidence to nail more corrupt coaches. It looks like chickens are finally coming home to roost.
...no one is disputing the language. It's bad, but did it happen?

Again, I'll equate it to a court document saying, "...for the murder of..." now that is bad but did the person murder, was he afforded a hearing? According to SS words to Colin, he has never heard this before till now.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Although I feel for Siasia FIFA isn’t an African organisation so if they catch you it’s simply F-off from our game!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

The NFF and EFCC should get involved and ask for the evidence. The fans deserve to know. We buy passes to virus invested websites, travel to games, buy stadium tickets, subscribe to AIT, Bein sports, Fox, NBC etc to support the team. We want to know if a coach can be so morally corrupt to break a nations football fans heart for a few $thousands. If its true, he should be criminally prosecuted. Some things have to be sacred.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

until i see a video, I will not accept the verdict.... regardless wrong or right, Nigeria must protect their own
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

txj wrote:

KOC is defending his 'angle', players and their agents knew that he got Siasia's 'ears'.
Dirty country. :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

oscar52 wrote:I wont say I am surprised. I have seen some games coached by Siasia that I can almost swear he intentionally sabotaged the team. From the Olympic final to some U20 games where he will play an AM as a DM thereby completely unbalancing the team when they needed the most stability or leaving out the most important player in the team in a final match. I wont be surprised if these were old issues from his U20 and U23 coaching days. Too bad because I really like Siasia as a player and coach, his lads were always fun to watch as they display the best skills we all love about Naija footy, its the head scratching losses and in game management on some crucial games that leaves me with some mixed feelings about him. If all this is true I wont be surprised but I will prefer for it to be false.
Sounds like G.Rohr against Croatia, Argentina, Algeria ??????
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

deanotito wrote:Man, this is terrible. From the wording of the FIFA report, it appears Siasia was secretly recorded saying this, and that FIFA has the recording.
...does it mean SS lied to KOC?
At least we know Colin Udoh is competent enough to give football related report. Again, siddon look mode.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

mcal wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

...no one is disputing the language. It's bad, but did it happen?

Again, I'll equate it to a court document saying, "...for the murder of..." now that is bad but did the person murder, was he afforded a hearing? According to SS words to Colin, he has never heard this before till now.
Wow mcal making so much sense
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

deanotito wrote:Man, this is terrible. From the wording of the FIFA report, it appears Siasia was secretly recorded saying this, and that FIFA has the recording.
Siasia was reccorded saying what?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Bigpokey24 wrote:until i see a video, I will not accept the verdict.... regardless wrong or right, Nigeria must protect their own
:roll: :twisted: :twisted: Say what? This is why corruption and all other vices will never abate in that jungle :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Schillachi wrote:
Siasia was reccorded saying what?
:laugh: :laugh: oboy i dey wait for the recording , trust CE folks to just add them own
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nigerians and jungle justice.... where is the evidence, where is the trial ?
SuperEagles