Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by bret- hart »

Nonsense list. No Bassey best Nigerian CB. No Ebuehi best Nigerian RFB, No Adeleye best Nigerian GK. At least One of Onyedika or Yusuf should have been called up or even both sef. Once again our midfield is thin. Instead of taking 4 GKs 3 would have been enough so there is space for 1 xtra out field player. Then you have Dessers dropped for Misses Ighalo. I would have dropped Noble, Ighalo Shehu and Collins. These guys are deadwoods. I hope these guys do well but i am tired of the Nigerian politricks they use in picking these players.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by vancity eagle »

The squad is imbalanced.

Amazing they can still find a way to name an imbalanced squad when you have the luxury of 28 players.

The NFF never ceases to amaze.

In retrospect Rohrs list might have actually saved us. Who knows how different the list would be had Rohr not been the one to submit it.

I can't say I'm happy with the direction things are going.

The positive though is that Eguoaven used Onuachus injury to draft a midfielder. We know Rohr would not have done that.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Lolly wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:42 pm Different coach same madness. Too many goalkeepers, too many defenders, too many forwards but very few central midfielders. Who swear for us?
Lolly, abeg make you no stat troble-oo! Shey Rohr must be fired, right? Well, Rohr has been fired, but let's wait and see.

They might be the same players, but with different approach and tactics, things might be better. Thus for now, hold-on to what you think.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:00 pm Why drop Akpoguma who has been part of the squad and bring in a newcomer in Ndah?
This is why people complain about local coaches!
You disagree with one selection and the proceed to cast aspersions on the coach's integrity because he is local. Meanwhile you didn't complain when Collins was picked ahead of Sanussi.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

George Bush wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:24 pm AS THE SUPREME LEADER OF THIS FORUM, I WISH ALL UNA MERRY CHRISTMAS. EGUAVOEN DEY MY HOUSE DEY CHOP GOAT AND WE GO RE-DO THAT 28 MAN LIST!!! NEED MORE MIDFIELDERS!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: bros abeg, where my own goat, abi you don forget me?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Some selections are just mind boggling!! Lord have mercy on who these coaches look at! HuH!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We will see when Eguoavoen draws up a list that is entirely his, as this is based on Rohrs 40.

I see both positives and negatives that can directly be attributed to Eguavoen.

Positive.

He replaced Onuachu with a midfielder which seems to show that he is willing to address midfield problem unlike Rohr.

Negative

Replaced Akpoguma with Nda. To me this shows that they are back to selling players. Not a good sign.

Shehu, Musa, Ighalo cannot be blamed on Rohr or Eguoavoen. That is on the NFF.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

For sake of perspective, this list selection isn't on Eguavoen, this was all Rohrs list. I believe Eguavoen was very short on time to have made any major adjustments because CAF had already received the full list, from what I'm hearing the 28 man squad was actually Rohrs final selection from the original 40 he was supposed to present, Eguavoen had to squeeze in Nwakali after Onuachu pulled out due to injury.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:42 pm For sake of perspective, this list selection isn't on Eguavoen, this was all Rohrs list. I believe Eguavoen was very short on time to have made any major adjustments because CAF had already received the full list, from what I'm hearing the 28 man squad was actually Rohrs final selection from the original 40 he was supposed to present, Eguavoen had to squeeze in Nwakali after Onuachu pulled out due to injury.
This is clearly **** list. Its BullshiiiiT. Shehu and Collins are trash. Im sick of the politics. Tyrone Ebuehi is far better than both Collins and Shehu. *Spits on the floor*

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I forgot about Akpoguma sef. Dude is balling in the Bundesliga but you drop him for bums playing in Cyprus and Bundesliga 2. shiiii

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:35 pm We will see when Eguoavoen draws up a list that is entirely his, as this is based on Rohrs 40.

I see both positives and negatives that can directly be attributed to Eguavoen.

Positive.

He replaced Onuachu with a midfielder which seems to show that he is willing to address midfield problem unlike Rohr.

Negative

Replaced Akpoguma with Nda. To me this shows that they are back to selling players. Not a good sign.

Shehu, Musa, Ighalo cannot be blamed on Rohr or Eguoavoen. That is on the NFF.
Ndah is blamed on Egu why? Funny the way you pick and choose how to apportion blame from the luxury of your couch. This is ****’s list only Onuachus injury brought in Nwakali, but you have still found a way to say a Nigerian coach is trying to sell player. Do you even know if Akpoguma pulled out because his German coach was gone and he was a deep bench player anyway?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Augustine Eguavoen has named Flag of Nigeria Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by 1naija »

You still can drop and add whoever you want on your list. Eguavoen has made his list.
doctorollie wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:50 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/12/ ... a-onuachu/

Owngoal lists 27! I hope Ebuehi makes it!

I would have dropped Ighalo for Dressers,
Ndah for Akpoguma and John Noble for Adeleye!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Someone should advise NFF about the room sharing arrangements o. Especially midfielders should not be paired in rooms because if we get hit by Covid absences in that area, cast!
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

All of una dey complain too much. Make una take the list as e be and hold-on, den woch and see.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

🤣🤣 Agents don go bonkers say Adeleke no dey list.

Noble will make people catch omicron type bad belle o. Chei, this thing funny die.

World cup list go sweet o.. Akpeyi and Noble will be Nigeria's no 1 & 2 in Qatar.
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:06 pm Adebayo Adeleke by a country mile is Nigeria's best goalkeeper today, it is a travesty he has been excluded again by Aloy Agu all because they know that the day he walks into camp, he becomes number 1. The selection is a pure joke, the likes of Musa, Ekong, Iwobi, will not be in my team they are third rate players.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Tbh I think we're overthinking this, even though we all have a case as to why certain players weren't selected, consequently the fate of the team at the AFCON will all come down to coaching whether or not all the players we want were selected... on paper these team should at least make it to the QF, now does Egu and his coaching staff have what it takes to bring out the best out of the team? what system, formation and style of football are we going to see under the new coach? those are the more important questions and expectations I have than which player or not was selected.

All the best to Eguavoen and Nigeria in Cameroon.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:15 pm 🤣🤣 Agents don go bonkers say Adeleke no dey list.

Noble will make people catch omicron type bad belle o. Chei, this thing funny die.

World cup list go sweet o.. Akpeyi and Noble will be Nigeria's no 1 & 2 in Qatar.
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:06 pm Adebayo Adeleke by a country mile is Nigeria's best goalkeeper today, it is a travesty he has been excluded again by Aloy Agu all because they know that the day he walks into camp, he becomes number 1. The selection is a pure joke, the likes of Musa, Ekong, Iwobi, will not be in my team they are third rate players.
Only agent we see here is you clown.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bret Fart, and other farters, how many Orlando pirates games have you watched to know that Ndah is not balling either?

Is this not the same Akpoguma that many here kept off their list after he featured for Nigeria? He has been in the SE set up for more than 3 years, so if he is still battling with Ndah fir a spot, then he aint it.
bret- hart wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:01 pm I forgot about Akpoguma sef. Dude is balling in the Bundesliga but you drop him for bums playing in Cyprus and Bundesliga 2. shiiii
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am very excited to see Sadiq and Denis in the list. With both of them and Akpeyi and Noble, the squad is already 50% better than the ones used in the qualifiers.

Thank God it's coaches that pick the squad and not hungry agents.

Kudos to Yobo and Eguavoen.
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

Odas wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:14 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:42 pm Different coach same madness. Too many goalkeepers, too many defenders, too many forwards but very few central midfielders. Who swear for us?
Lolly, abeg make you no stat troble-oo! Shey Rohr must be fired, right? Well, Rohr has been fired, but let's wait and see.

They might be the same players, but with different approach and tactics, things might be better. Thus for now, hold-on to what you think.
I agree with Lolly on this point.. why do we need 4 goalkeepers, 9 defenders and 10 strikers while the midfield which has been an area of concern has only 5 players listed
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:23 pm Bret Fart, and other farters, how many Orlando pirates games have you watched to know that Ndah is not balling either?

Is this not the same Akpoguma that many here kept off their list after he featured for Nigeria? He has been in the SE set up for more than 3 years, so if he is still battling with Ndah fir a spot, then he aint it.
bret- hart wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:01 pm I forgot about Akpoguma sef. Dude is balling in the Bundesliga but you drop him for bums playing in Cyprus and Bundesliga 2. shiiii

At least he is playing regularly and mind you I am not for his inclusion. Bassey is the one that should have been called up. Your boy Noble is chopping bench at Enyinmba. You no dey shame?? Yeye Agent. Wooooooooo :rotf:

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Augustine Eguavoen has named Flag of Nigeria Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by joao »

1naija wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:04 pm You still can drop and add whoever you want on your list. Eguavoen has made his list.
Abe no mind our always complaining ITKs.
Eguavoen is yet to play a game and CE experts are already judging him.
Can't wait to see the starting eleven. There will be smoke and fire on CyberEagus.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gurrano wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:29 pm
Odas wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:14 pm

I agree with Lolly on this point.. why do we need 4 goalkeepers, 9 defenders and 10 strikers while the midfield which has been an area of concern has only 5 players listed
That one is on Rohr.

But why would Eguoavoen drop Ejaria for all those defenders and strikers.

There seems to be conflicting reports.

We know Rohr chose the 40, but who chose the 28 ?

I dont believe the 28 is Rohrs decision. Why would it be ?