Pick your 4 strikers for the WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pick your 4 strikers for the WC

Post by Orion »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:43 pm When was the last time Ghana was any good? We saw them against south Africa in both legs, forget the Afcon, there is a reason they are the worst rank team in Qatar! Our easiest path was playing them. A good coached SE team would have beaten them home and away! Ghana is ranked the worst of the 32 teams in Qatar!
Worst ranked team in Qatar is irrelevant. The worst-ranked teams in the playoffs were DRC (that didn't even qualify for AFCON) and Mali that we've always gotten the better of. We hadn't been able to defeat Ghana for 15 years. Again, history matters.

BTW, you appear to have an inflated sense of SE's strength regardless of the coach. Nigeria is not that good. We're on one of our lowest ebbs in terms of player talent. We don't even have a goalkeeper that's AFCON quality. It's not just a case of a poor coach. Go look at our records since 2015. You'll see a struggling side with small pockets of success here and there.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Orion wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:13 am
Undertaker wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:43 pm When was the last time Ghana was any good? We saw them against south Africa in both legs, forget the Afcon, there is a reason they are the worst rank team in Qatar! Our easiest path was playing them. A good coached SE team would have beaten them home and away! Ghana is ranked the worst of the 32 teams in Qatar!
Worst ranked team in Qatar is irrelevant. The worst-ranked teams in the playoffs were DRC (that didn't even qualify for AFCON) and Mali that we've always gotten the better of. We hadn't been able to defeat Ghana for 15 years. Again, history matters.

BTW, you appear to have an inflated sense of SE's strength regardless of the coach. Nigeria is not that good. We're on one of our lowest ebbs in terms of player talent. We don't even have a goalkeeper that's AFCON quality. It's not just a case of a poor coach. Go look at our records since 2015. You'll see a struggling side with small pockets of success here and there.
Dude, they send you! Where did I say SE were Barcelona or Real Madrid? I said that we are currently better than Ghana and they were our best bet for WC qualification compared to our other choices. Mali and DR Congo would have been more difficult than Ghana, Cameroon and Egypt would have beaten us silly!
Last edited by Undertaker on Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:21 pm Mali and DR Congo would have been more difficult than Ghana...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dude, you're still traumatized from losing the WC ticket to Ghana and this is your only way of coping with it.

What's happening here is your desperation to be dismissive of Ghana. You're so traumatized that you can't even face the truth. :rotf:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Orion wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:13 pm
Undertaker wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:21 pm Mali and DR Congo would have been more difficult than Ghana...

Dude, you're still traumatized from losing the WC ticket to Ghana and this is your only way of coping with it.

What's happening here is your desperation to be dismissive of Ghana. You're so traumatized that you can't even face the truth. :rotf:
Dude me traumatized? I just bought 10 World Cup tickets this morning and looking for more. I am going to Qatar to watch the game I love.
I am Nigerian/American/Dutch! Parents are both Nigerian Diplomats, born in The Hague Netherlands, and have lived in the United States since 1996! Nothing is traumatizing about Nigeria not going to the World Cup. Sad but not traumatizing. Holland is there, and so is the United State. And then Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, England, Morocco, and Senegal, all great teams I have tickets for in Qatar. It is going to be a beautiful tournament, I have two College buddies living in Doha. I plan on being there for 18 days. Dec 1st to 19th!
The Super Eagles will be back! And better, there is no shame in any team missing the World Cup. It happens. (Italy, Peru Sweden, Colombia) Life goes on!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:19 pm

Dude me traumatized? I just bought 10 World Cup tickets this morning and looking for more. I am going to Qatar to watch the game I love.
I am Nigerian/American/Dutch! Parents are both Nigerian Diplomats, born in The Hague Netherlands, and have lived in the United States since 1996! Nothing is traumatizing about Nigeria not going to the World Cup. Sad but not traumatizing. Holland is there, and so is the United State. And then Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, England, Morocco, and Senegal, all great teams I have tickets for in Qatar. It is going to be a beautiful tournament, I have two College buddies living in Doha. I plan on being there for 18 days. Dec 1st to 19th!
The Super Eagles will be back! And better, there is no shame in any team missing the World Cup. It happens. (Italy, Peru Sweden, Colombia) Life goes on!
More coping mechanisms I see. You're now boasting about buying 10 tickets to Qatar? :rotf:

Who cares if you are "Nigerian/American/Dutch", and what have your parents got to do with our discussion here? The need to boast about your "status" is a sign of low self-esteem. :oops:

The fact is, if you want to talk about "jinx", you contributed to jinxing us as well with your obsession with Ghana. Hope you learned a lesson. Now run along to your "diplomat" parents. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Orion wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:05 pm
Undertaker wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:19 pm

More coping mechanisms I see. You're now boasting about buying 10 tickets to Qatar? :rotf:

Who cares if you are "Nigerian/American/Dutch", and what have your parents got to do with our discussion here? The need to boast about your "status" is a sign of low self-esteem. :oops:

The fact is, if you want to talk about "jinx", you contributed to jinxing us as well with your obsession with Ghana. Hope you learned a lesson. Now run along to your "diplomat" parents. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am done with you! Oloshi!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Btw, I now have tickets for 12 games! Picked up 2 more! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who started this bonehead thread. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :???: :???: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Wait o.....

It was me! Great thread

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

1naija wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:53 pm Who started this bonehead thread. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :???: :???: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Wait o.....

It was me! Great thread

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: One of your many classic!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:14 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:53 pm Who started this bonehead thread. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :???: :???: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Wait o.....

It was me! Great thread

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: One of your many classic!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: :mad: :rotf: :mad: :rotf: :veryangry:
Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:53 pm
Undertaker wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:14 pm

Wait o.....

It was me! Great thread

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

this thread just makes my day

WC 2022 go sweet o
DNQ no good o

Green eagles how far

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Daft thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

You jinxed us! :D :D :D :D

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:00 pm If everyone is healthy, the available strikers for the WC as of today are:

1. Osimhen
2. Kelechi
3. Ighalo
4. Onuachu
5. Awoniyi
6. Sadiq
7. Onyekuru
8. Desser
9. Dennis
10. Olayinka.

This will put this discussion about Awoniyi in perspective. We all want our strikers to light it up everytime they step on the pitch, but that's not always the case for every player. Even Nacho has been in a funk in the past and was left off, so i dont understand why we are not being honest about Awoniyi so far.

The reality is that there is stiff competition at that position, so he going to need more than statistical comparison to make the top 4.

So if you were to pick your 4 for the WC, which 4 players would you pick?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Blame the poster prior to yours.
Cmoke wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:25 pm You jinxed us! :D :D :D :D

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:00 pm If everyone is healthy, the available strikers for the WC as of today are:

1. Osimhen
2. Kelechi
3. Ighalo
4. Onuachu
5. Awoniyi
6. Sadiq
7. Onyekuru
8. Desser
9. Dennis
10. Olayinka.

This will put this discussion about Awoniyi in perspective. We all want our strikers to light it up everytime they step on the pitch, but that's not always the case for every player. Even Nacho has been in a funk in the past and was left off, so i dont understand why we are not being honest about Awoniyi so far.

The reality is that there is stiff competition at that position, so he going to need more than statistical comparison to make the top 4.

So if you were to pick your 4 for the WC, which 4 players would you pick?