Man Utd approach Napoli for Osimhen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd approach Napoli for Osimhen

Post by ANC »

joao wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:49 pm
ANC wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:31 pm I want to see him @ Chelsea
Yeah, sitting the bench.
I see you don't wish the kid well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I doubt it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:37 pm ^^

I hear you Lolly. I understand your sentiment, but I also see why a lot of people disagree. Me included. If you have the right offer, you HAVE TO sell immediately. There is a reason the adage "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" exists. If someone is truly willing to pay 100 million, the MUST take it.

However, I too get the sense that Napoli is trying to sell him as quickly as possible before the gloss wears off. His last few games (two against Barcelona and this past weekend) he has done very little. Teams seems to have figured him out and he is easily marked out of games. The longer this goes on, the less valuable he becomes. So you can see Napoli is on a full blown PR campaign to sell him THIS SUMMER. Hence all the hype and exaggeration about his ability. We all have eyes, even a fool can watch him play and see he is NOT REMOTELY CLOSE to Maradona like Spalleti is trying to "sell"
You could be right and this is a more sensible take on the matter. Truth is I don't think his recent games have done that much harm to his reputation as people can see how starved he is of service and how poor a team Napoli is in general compared to the current Barcelona. Imagine him in Barcelona with all the chances they create for their strikers, and then add untop the chance or two that Osimhen will also create for himself with his physicality, he will get loads of chances to score then taking 1 out of 5 chances he's still a hero, however at Napoli he must take the one or less chances they create for him and also try to create for himself.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:20 pm
bushboy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:37 pm ^^

I hear you Lolly. I understand your sentiment, but I also see why a lot of people disagree. Me included. If you have the right offer, you HAVE TO sell immediately. There is a reason the adage "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" exists. If someone is truly willing to pay 100 million, the MUST take it.

However, I too get the sense that Napoli is trying to sell him as quickly as possible before the gloss wears off. His last few games (two against Barcelona and this past weekend) he has done very little. Teams seems to have figured him out and he is easily marked out of games. The longer this goes on, the less valuable he becomes. So you can see Napoli is on a full blown PR campaign to sell him THIS SUMMER. Hence all the hype and exaggeration about his ability. We all have eyes, even a fool can watch him play and see he is NOT REMOTELY CLOSE to Maradona like Spalleti is trying to "sell"
You could be right and this is a more sensible take on the matter. Truth is I don't think his recent games have done that much harm to his reputation as people can see how starved he is of service and how poor a team Napoli is in general compared to the current Barcelona. Imagine him in Barcelona with all the chances they create for their strikers, and then add untop the chance or two that Osimhen will also create for himself with his physicality, he will get loads of chances to score then taking 1 out of 5 chances he's still a hero, however at Napoli he must take the one or less chances they create for him and also try to create for himself.

:clap: your response is top notch. You respectfully disagreed
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:19 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:39 pm Lolly, this will help you understand Napoli's policy from the horses mouth - if you keep arguing blindly then you are on your own:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/wrong-not- ... bn7g9xdksl
"By now I have decided one thing: from now on when there are important offers, we will give up, even if they have been here for a year," De Laurentiis told Radio Kiss Kiss as per TuttoMercato.
I see you intentionally didn’t post the following from the same article.
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has admitted that a bid of €110 million was made for Kalidou Koulibaly previously, however, he rejected it, a decision he is ruing now.

The 29-year-old has been linked with some of Europe’s giants like Manchester United, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona for the past couple of seasons. However, the Partenopei have been holding back on selling their prized asset.
Exactly what I have been saying. They held back selling their prized asset.

Is ok, make una dey argue with una self.
My brother, stop wasting your energy trying to convince people who are dedicated to misunderstanding you :). It’s not everyone that can read between the lines.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

😂😂😂 see these two men tickling and consoling each other after goofing off about something they have zero clue about... the funny part is this iworo telling lolly to not mind them 😂😂😂😂😂 chei nah real wah
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:10 pm So if the story were true, Manchester United (a much bigger club) wanting to sign him means Napoli is trying to get rid him? THIS IS CLEARLY BUSHMEN LOGIC.

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:47 pm
iworo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:50 pm Why is Napoli trying to get rid of Osimhen??
Good question.

Watching him play over the last few months gives me some concern about his development. He appears to have stagnated a bit and my suspicion is that Napoli might be thinking he would not develop into the player they thought when they bought him. So its better to cash in early.

Osimhen needs to watch and study the new Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic who is only 22, to learn a few things from him.
The guy thinks that by sitting in his poorly lighted living room with a chiming modem he knows everything about football!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

iworo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:50 pm Why is Napoli trying to get rid of Osimhen??
Good question.

Watching him play over the last few months gives me some concern about his development. He appears to have stagnated a bit and my suspicion is that Napoli might be thinking he would not develop into the player they thought when they bought him. So its better to cash in early.

Osimhen needs to watch and study the new Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic who is only 22, to learn a few things from him.
I think Napoli can’t help further develop him,he plays for a team that prefers to play ultra defensive whilst leaving him on his own to fight for the ball and win penalties that he as a striker will not even be taking.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:20 am
Good question.

I think Napoli can’t help further develop him,he plays for a team that prefers to play ultra defensive whilst leaving him on his own to fight for the ball and win penalties that he as a striker will not even be taking.
The main issue is there is zero team work, they are all very selfish, this type of team will always remain stagnant.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:20 am
Good question.

So you reckon they are not a perfect match?
Last edited by Lolly on Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:10 am
1naija wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:10 pm So if the story were true, Manchester United (a much bigger club) wanting to sign him means Napoli is trying to get rid him? THIS IS CLEARLY BUSHMEN LOGIC.

Good question.

The guy thinks that by sitting in his poorly lighted living room with a chiming modem he knows everything about football!
Thanks for the snide comment. :biggrin: BTW, I have good light in my living room and ultrafast internet. :taunt:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Meanwhile, why not this version?............
Although, I suspect that there are some here who would like to sign cxristiano Ronaldo ahead of Victor Osdimhen if they were in position to do so. :rotf: :rotf:
Manchester United 'pick Victor Osimhen as the man to replace Cristiano Ronaldo'... but Napoli want 'at least £84m' for the Nigerian
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... naldo.html

By SAM COOPER FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 15:26 EST, 28 February 2022 | UPDATED: 15:54 EST, 28 February 2022

Cristiano Ronaldo's playing time at Manchester United could be dramatically reduced if the Old Trafford side are successful in their pursuit of Victor Osimhen.

The 22-year-old has impressed for Napoli this season having scored 11 goals in 22 appearances despite missing two months of action due to a cheekbone injury.

Since returning to the side in January, the Nigerian scored two goals in six appearances and is reportedly on Ralf Rangnick's radar.

According to Rai Sport journalist Ciro Venerato, the 22-year-old is United’s primary target to replace Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer but Napoli wants at least £84m for the youngster.

Ronaldo returned to Old Trafford last summer and despite hitting the ground running, his form has dried up and he has scored just once in his last 10 games.

The Portuguese superstar is under contract until 2023 but is on £480k-a-week, making him the best-paid Premier League player.

'If I'm a quick attacker, I'd hang around Harry Maguire':...

'It does not make any sense, he is the BEST': Portugal...

'Keep your mouth shut!': Former Manchester City winger...

Manchester United quartet Fred, Scott McTominay, Aaron...

Ronaldo's form has dramatically dropped but Napoli want £84m for the Nigerian young striker

He is also 37 making him 15 years older than Osimhen so it is easy to see why Rangnick is interested in the Nigerian.

Despite Ronaldo's slump in form, he remains the top goalscorer at United this season on 15 goals.

Bruno Fernandes is in second on nine while Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho have only scored a combined nine.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics