Not Surprised...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Not Surprised...

Post by gochino »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:25 pm Miss me yet?

Saddened but not surprised at this result. The writing was all over the wall. I had mentioned to EII in another thread that the Kumasi 0-0 tie was one of the worst outcomes Nigeria could have hoped for. Why? Because it put extra pressure on Nigeria, especially before their home fans.

For me, the two disasters this quarter were predictable. It all started with the galactically stupid decision by the imbecile of a sports minister, Dare and his moronic lackey, Pinnick, to fire Rohr and then embark on a campaign to unjustly 'Tar and Feather' the man. There was absolutely NO reason to do so, other than selfish and self centered reasons. Gullible Nigerians were fed stories about 'preventing a disaster'. Well, I wonder what the outcome of the AFCON and the World Cup are?

To make matters even worse, they mortgaged Nigeria's football objectives by bringing in Eguavoen, who, for those of us who remember, bungled the 2006 Afcon after playing supposedly 'beautiful football' in the group stages and then fumbled in the semis when it really mattered. Fast forward to 2022 - same scenario. Deja Vu all over again - got beat by a COVID ravaged Tunisia team and then got outcoached by a first time coach with a decimated squad over 2 legs. Lets face it - the man is a dullard, pure and simple. It was obvious then that he lacks the footballing intelligence to win big games. I still cannot get his WWF stupid take down of Gianfranco Zola in the 1994 WC R16 game vs Italy. He has done nothing to disprove the fact that he is that dumb in his coaching also.

Back to Rohr: you don't treat some like that in life and expect not to pay the consequences. The absolute disaster of our AFCON and Qatar WC campaigns can only be summed up in a phrase: Rohr's Revenge!

Karma is a b!Tch, innit?
Stop the rubbish both coaches are crap! We won't get anywhere with either of them.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I’m gonna prolly get attacked for this but I think it’s time folks just realized that there is huge talent dearth in the current team.

Prime Mikel Obi hasn’t been replaced and the dynamism and wing play of Victor Moses as well. And even though Osimhen is a talent, I still remember visiting Nigeria when Keshi was coach and watching the striker Emenike for the first time destroy the opposition in the AFCON as an irrepressible striker.

It’s a damn shame to fail to qualify at home vs Ghana but until the FA go back to the drawing board and come up with a very UnNigerian plan and execute honestly and with dedication … no coach will be able to deliver results with this lot and folks will be back here bickering in four years.

Hate it or not, the Brits have shown what proper planning and given a blueprint for a way forward.
They may never win a world or Euro cup but their talent pool is three deep at almost every position.
Nigeria should have more talent.
They just need to be discovered and developed with a clear pathway towards glory. Nigeria can harness so much talent from children born in diaspora and talent from home. I just wonder if there are honest operators to run this idea and execute it.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:41 pm Also, looking like Nigeria will be the only seeded country in Africa to miss this world cup, thanks to the three stooges: Dare, Pinnick and Eqguavoen.
What a bunch of morons!
The Three Stooges: Dare, Pinnick and Eqguavoen. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Who amongst them is Curley? :rotf: :rotf: