Rohr v NFF - Fifa verdict pending!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr v NFF - Fifa verdict pending!

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If you don’t conduct yourself in a professional manner the world will punish your amateur a*s!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:58 am Rohr told L'Equipe,
"They are already out of the group stage to go to the round of 16, especially in 2014 when they faced the French team (0-2 defeat)”

"We will try to do as well. Unfortunately,
here, the ambitions are a little more
excessive: the team must reach at least
the semifinals.

“We have the ambition of the leaders to manage…”
I assumed we were talking about official (contractual) targets and not personal desires.

Here's one link:
Gernot Rohr accomplishes ‘second target’ after Afcon qualification
November 18, 2018

The Super Eagles secured a place at the 2019 finals after a 1-1 draw with South Africa in their Group E fixture on Saturday.
“After reaching the World Cup, this was our second target, we did it,” said Rohr after his players sealed qualification.
https://www.today.ng/sport/football/ger ... ion-171840
There are better reports I'm sure, but hard to find after four years.
I'll keep looking....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:52 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:58 am Rohr told L'Equipe,
"They are already out of the group stage to go to the round of 16, especially in 2014 when they faced the French team (0-2 defeat)”

"We will try to do as well. Unfortunately,
here, the ambitions are a little more
excessive: the team must reach at least
the semifinals.

“We have the ambition of the leaders to manage…”
I assumed we were talking about official (contractual) targets and not personal desires.

Here's one link:
Gernot Rohr accomplishes ‘second target’ after Afcon qualification
November 18, 2018

The Super Eagles secured a place at the 2019 finals after a 1-1 draw with South Africa in their Group E fixture on Saturday.
“After reaching the World Cup, this was our second target, we did it,” said Rohr after his players sealed qualification.
https://www.today.ng/sport/football/ger ... ion-171840
There are better reports I'm sure, but hard to find after four years.
I'll keep looking....
But that wasn’t just a personal target, he said it’s was the target of his bosses…abi?

Bros, what you are posting is NOT what we (at least not me) are talking about. Once he qualified for the WC, what was the target stipulated for him to achieve at the WC? Of course qualifying for the cup was his initial target which he met. Once we get there then what are his bosses expecting at the WC? He tells you clearly in no uncertain terms what his bosses wanted. After he didn’t even come close to meeting his bosses expectations why did they come out and vociferously defend him and offer him a new contract? Only to later throw him under the bus even when he was on track to meet their expectations…

My point is, that was the time when he didn’t meet up with expected goals, so that was the best time to disengage him amicably and even he wouldn’t argue against his own firing, he would have even been grateful for the opportunity to coach in a WC, something he will probably never do again.

To me keeping him then signaled we were happy with such results and were maybe playing the ‘long game’ being patient and allowing him the chance to continue building in order to try again. So firing him when they did just made no sense, what was the sudden change? You have defended worse failures from the man than a fluke loss here and there or a struggle here and there…you either let him complete his project or you should have started it with someone else when you had the chance to…esp since everything was still on track…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

shaq wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:17 pm
icee wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:00 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:49 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:25 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:57 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:30 am
aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:08 am

It is not about being stubborn. I liked Rohr. I travelled to the WC in 2018 excited about what he had done with the team. I was dissapointed after WC 2018 and when he stayed on, I was happy for him to build with a young team.

I remember being the only one defending him as I watched the 2-0 loss against Madagascar with friends. Subsequently, even though I was unhappy with the loss against Algeria, I never called for his head. Even after the draw against Sierra Leone, I did not call fir his head.

I was very critical of him in the home game against Benin Republic, but I praised him profusely after the excellent away win against Cape Verde. I only called for his sack after the terrible home display against Cape Verde. This was due to an accumulation of poor results.

You may not agree with me that sacking him was right. But nobody should tell me that I arrived at this position without careful consideration.
My guy, the real question is, did you see this absolutely disastrous outcome coming? What really could be worse? And what was your response to those that loudly and incessantly warned against it?
What is the point of change when you come out in the worst possible situation - which is what you were being warned against?

The ‘stubbornness’ is not that you are denying your decision to have him sacked. You are not one of those that are distancing themselves from their own campaign. :D
The stubbornness is refusing to even consider that you might have been wrong and maybe a little more consideration should have been given to those ‘WOWOs’ that called for restraint.
The calls were endless and if you were - and still are - one of those that met such calls with derision, then ‘stubbornness’ is in order. So it’s not even ‘wisdom in hindsight’.

Basically, by not recognizing all that, you are saying that if you’d had a crystal ball at the time showing you where we are now, you still would have had him sacked in the same circumstances.
Ol Boi, weytin dem dey call dat one nah? :rotf:

By the way…you are more or less the only anti-Rohr person I can properly engage with on this issue. The feelings are far too raw and the overwhelming majority are just annoying me and I need to exercise restraint. So no vex say I’m ‘dragging matter’ with you. Na love.
Na only you I fit talk am with. :D
I'm not anti-Rohr. I just felt he had overstayed his welcome and would not have qualified us for the WC. I have not changed my kind on that position.

There was always a chance that we would not qualify. Even Senegal needed penalty kicks to win both the AFCON and qualify for the WC. However, I did not see Rohr qualifying us either, hence my decision to back his sack. The main villian here is Pinnick. He took too long to sack Rohr once the decision was made for him to go. And the uncertainty about Eguavoen's and Peseiro's roles did not help.

So it was not a mistake to sack Rohr. The mistake was allowing Pinnick near our NFF.

You are not dragging the matter Bro. It would be boring if we all had the same opinions. For now we have to look for the next game and try to cheer our team, whether we like the coach or not.
Bros, doing the right thing BUT at the wrong time is the same as doing the wrong thing. They could have let **** continue to the ANC as the timing was so short and he had not failed to meet any of his stipulated targets, then if he didn’t meet his ANC target then you have grounds to disengage him. Yes the bigger problem is the NFF and the way they handle things in general. Specifically how they went about firing **** is indicative of their deep-rooted issues and part of the reason some of us were saying that was not the right way to do things. And clearly it has blown up in their faces.

You have to develop a federation based on accountability and doing things the right way if you want to be successful and it’s way bigger than ****. But to act like they did it things right regarding his sacking is laughable at this point…
I do not disagree with you. The NFF cocked things up and I alluded to it on one of my posts on this thread. And when they did not appoint a replacement immediately after sacking him I was ok with him taking us to the AFCON. However the decision to sack him was ultimately the right one. I do not believe that he would have qualified us for the World Cup
I disagree with your opinion but understand you have a right to your thinking and conclusions. I do have a question for you per the bolded text. What precedent or past performances from Rohr makes you believe he would not have qualified us for the WC? He got us to the playoffs remember?..I'm curious
I think that's what Araoko says to himself in order to sleep better at night. One can only assume it's absolute bantery at this point :biggrin:
Exactly! The people who supported the terrible decision have to tell themselves that to feel better about the eggs smashed on their faces.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 am Thanks Bro for disagreeing in a mature way. He got us to the playoffs (beating Cape Verde impressively away) but two of his last three games (CAR and Cape Verde at home) got me worried. Especially the Cape Verde game. I did not see him qualifying us after that insipid display against Cape Verde at home.
We got 4 points from Cape Verde and that's why we qualified for the playoffs instead of them.

BTW, Rohr's last 3 games were 2-0 against CAR away, 2-0 against Liberia away, and 1-1 at home against Cape Verde. He got 7 points from a possible 9. That's how we put Cape Verde in the unenviable position of needing FOUR back-to-back wins, home and away, to beat us to the playoffs.

All of that was not enough for your greedy azz. :twisted: How about posting the worst result at the AFCON for 40 years and not qualifying for the World Cup at all? Is that enough for you now?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:00 am But that wasn’t just a personal target, he said it’s was the target of his bosses…abi?

Bros, what you are posting is NOT what we (at least not me) are talking about. Once he qualified for the WC, what was the target stipulated for him to achieve at the WC? Of course qualifying for the cup was his initial target which he met. Once we get there then what are his bosses expecting at the WC? He tells you clearly in no uncertain terms what his bosses wanted. After he didn’t even come close to meeting his bosses expectations why did they come out and vociferously defend him and offer him a new contract? Only to later throw him under the bus even when he was on track to meet their expectations…

My point is, that was the time when he didn’t meet up with expected goals, so that was the best time to disengage him amicably and even he wouldn’t argue against his own firing, he would have even been grateful for the opportunity to coach in a WC, something he will probably never do again.

To me keeping him then signaled we were happy with such results and were maybe playing the ‘long game’ being patient and allowing him the chance to continue building in order to try again. So firing him when they did just made no sense, what was the sudden change? You have defended worse failures from the man than a fluke loss here and there or a struggle here and there…you either let him complete his project or you should have started it with someone else when you had the chance to…esp since everything was still on track…
What target are you talking about? We had Argentina and Croatia in our group. Croatia got to the final of the World Cup for Christ's sake, while Argentina narrowly lost to the eventual winner, France.

You can't just have a set target for every World Cup regardless of the draw. In this case, we had a bad draw.

Third position in that group was our rightful position, based on player quality, the footballing prowess of the nations, and the resources available to the teams. Anyone who thinks otherwise is highly delusional.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Orion wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:03 am
aruako1 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 am Thanks Bro for disagreeing in a mature way. He got us to the playoffs (beating Cape Verde impressively away) but two of his last three games (CAR and Cape Verde at home) got me worried. Especially the Cape Verde game. I did not see him qualifying us after that insipid display against Cape Verde at home.
We got 4 points from Cape Verde and that's why we qualified for the playoffs instead of them.

BTW, Rohr's last 3 games were 2-0 against CAR away, 2-0 against Liberia away, and 1-1 at home against Cape Verde. He got 7 points from a possible 9. That's how we put Cape Verde in the unenviable position where of needing FOUR back-to-back wins, home and away, to beat us to the playoffs.

All of that was not enough for your greedy azz. :twisted: How about posting the worst result at the AFCON for 40 years and not qualifying for the World Cup at all? Is that enough for you now?
When you get off your emotions (and boy you are practically cooking on them) you will see that I gave credit to Rohr where in my opinion he did well. I have stated my position on several occasions (including this thread). It will not change, no matter how many tantrums you throw.

On the AFCON and WCQ, I felt terrible like every Nigerian fan. But I'm struggling to see the leap of logic that suggests that Rohr would have qualified instead given his poor second half of the qualifying campaign.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

shaq wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:17 pm
icee wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:00 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:49 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:25 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:57 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:30 am
aruako1 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:08 am

It is not about being stubborn. I liked Rohr. I travelled to the WC in 2018 excited about what he had done with the team. I was dissapointed after WC 2018 and when he stayed on, I was happy for him to build with a young team.

I remember being the only one defending him as I watched the 2-0 loss against Madagascar with friends. Subsequently, even though I was unhappy with the loss against Algeria, I never called for his head. Even after the draw against Sierra Leone, I did not call fir his head.

I was very critical of him in the home game against Benin Republic, but I praised him profusely after the excellent away win against Cape Verde. I only called for his sack after the terrible home display against Cape Verde. This was due to an accumulation of poor results.

You may not agree with me that sacking him was right. But nobody should tell me that I arrived at this position without careful consideration.
My guy, the real question is, did you see this absolutely disastrous outcome coming? What really could be worse? And what was your response to those that loudly and incessantly warned against it?
What is the point of change when you come out in the worst possible situation - which is what you were being warned against?

The ‘stubbornness’ is not that you are denying your decision to have him sacked. You are not one of those that are distancing themselves from their own campaign. :D
The stubbornness is refusing to even consider that you might have been wrong and maybe a little more consideration should have been given to those ‘WOWOs’ that called for restraint.
The calls were endless and if you were - and still are - one of those that met such calls with derision, then ‘stubbornness’ is in order. So it’s not even ‘wisdom in hindsight’.

Basically, by not recognizing all that, you are saying that if you’d had a crystal ball at the time showing you where we are now, you still would have had him sacked in the same circumstances.
Ol Boi, weytin dem dey call dat one nah? :rotf:

By the way…you are more or less the only anti-Rohr person I can properly engage with on this issue. The feelings are far too raw and the overwhelming majority are just annoying me and I need to exercise restraint. So no vex say I’m ‘dragging matter’ with you. Na love.
Na only you I fit talk am with. :D
I'm not anti-Rohr. I just felt he had overstayed his welcome and would not have qualified us for the WC. I have not changed my kind on that position.

There was always a chance that we would not qualify. Even Senegal needed penalty kicks to win both the AFCON and qualify for the WC. However, I did not see Rohr qualifying us either, hence my decision to back his sack. The main villian here is Pinnick. He took too long to sack Rohr once the decision was made for him to go. And the uncertainty about Eguavoen's and Peseiro's roles did not help.

So it was not a mistake to sack Rohr. The mistake was allowing Pinnick near our NFF.

You are not dragging the matter Bro. It would be boring if we all had the same opinions. For now we have to look for the next game and try to cheer our team, whether we like the coach or not.
Bros, doing the right thing BUT at the wrong time is the same as doing the wrong thing. They could have let **** continue to the ANC as the timing was so short and he had not failed to meet any of his stipulated targets, then if he didn’t meet his ANC target then you have grounds to disengage him. Yes the bigger problem is the NFF and the way they handle things in general. Specifically how they went about firing **** is indicative of their deep-rooted issues and part of the reason some of us were saying that was not the right way to do things. And clearly it has blown up in their faces.

You have to develop a federation based on accountability and doing things the right way if you want to be successful and it’s way bigger than ****. But to act like they did it things right regarding his sacking is laughable at this point…
I do not disagree with you. The NFF cocked things up and I alluded to it on one of my posts on this thread. And when they did not appoint a replacement immediately after sacking him I was ok with him taking us to the AFCON. However the decision to sack him was ultimately the right one. I do not believe that he would have qualified us for the World Cup
I disagree with your opinion but understand you have a right to your thinking and conclusions. I do have a question for you per the bolded text. What precedent or past performances from Rohr makes you believe he would not have qualified us for the WC? He got us to the playoffs remember?..I'm curious
I think that's what Araoko says to himself in order to sleep better at night. One can only assume it's absolute bantery at this point :biggrin:
Another one that cannot accept that other people may have different positions. I have been very balanced throughout about Rohr. I praised him when he did well and called for his sack when I saw his last few games. So I not only sleep well at night, I fart as well when I sleep. :D :D :D
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Orion wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:17 am Third position in that group was our rightful position, based on player quality, the footballing prowess of the nations, and the resources available to the teams. Anyone who thinks otherwise is highly delusional.
The late Stephen Keshi team in the WC had the above indices against his team, yet he qualified for the 2nd round.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Orion wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:17 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:00 am But that wasn’t just a personal target, he said it’s was the target of his bosses…abi?

What target are you talking about? We had Argentina and Croatia in our group. Croatia got to the final of the World Cup for Christ's sake, while Argentina narrowly lost to the eventual winner, France.

You can't just have a set target for every World Cup regardless of the draw. In this case, we had a bad draw.

Third position in that group was our rightful position, based on player quality, the footballing prowess of the nations, and the resources available to the teams. Anyone who thinks otherwise is highly delusional.
What are you even talking about? Talk about missing the point…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:41 am
Orion wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:17 am Third position in that group was our rightful position, based on player quality, the footballing prowess of the nations, and the resources available to the teams. Anyone who thinks otherwise is highly delusional.
The late Stephen Keshi team in the WC had the above indices against his team, yet he qualified for the 2nd round.
Fabio

But Orion is correct in noting that Nigeria was ranked behind those teams and performed according to its ranking. One can state the same about the recent AFCON where Nigeria was ranked behind Tunisia and performed according to the eanking! That is if the ranking holds up but in several past World Cups, Nigeria has actually performed better than its ranking going in. But there is no denying the fact that those teams were ranked ahead of Nigeria going into the 2018 World Cup.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:52 pm
fabio wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:41 am
Fabio

But Orion is correct in noting that Nigeria was ranked behind those teams and performed according to its ranking. One can state the same about the recent AFCON where Nigeria was ranked behind Tunisia and performed according to the eanking! That is if the ranking holds up but in several past World Cups, Nigeria has actually performed better than its ranking going in. But there is no denying the fact that those teams were ranked ahead of Nigeria going into the 2018 World Cup.
But what does that have to do with the discussion? So what if we finished according to ranking? Was that the expectation going in? Even **** himself set a quarterfinal goal before hand and clearly didn’t get anywhere close to that. So the NFF would have been justified at that point in relieving him of his position at that particular time given their own goal was even loftier. But their actions showed they believed in the project, so continue backing your man esp as he had been meeting expectations…but to inexplicably fire him???…I simply don’t understand their decision making processes…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:16 am On the AFCON and WCQ, I felt terrible like every Nigerian fan. But I'm struggling to see the leap of logic that suggests that Rohr would have qualified instead given his poor second half of the qualifying campaign.
Because he was based on practicalities, achieving the objective, rather than delusions of grandeur that afflicts so many SE fans that can also affect the likes of Eguavoen.

Even vancity eagle, who likes to overhype and embellish the quality of our players admitted after the game that Ghana had better quality midfielders at their disposal, even if we had Ndidi in the mix. No one was talking about this before the game. Folks here were acting like Ghana was so far beneath us that it was blasphemy to even voice your apprehension about the tie. I won't be surprised if Eguavoen also bought into that hype because Ghana lost to Comoros Islands.

Rohr wouldn’t have fallen for that delusion because he knew our players well and their capabilities. IMO, he would have organized his team to account for the superiority of Ghana in the middle in the best way to get the result required without any fancy delusional football. That’s why I believe Rohr would have gotten the result needed from the two games. I'm sure no serious person now can deny the fact that we would have been better off with Rohr than Eguavoen. Even Eguavoen himself admits he didn’t support the sacking of Rohr.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Orion wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:31 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:16 am On the AFCON and WCQ, I felt terrible like every Nigerian fan. But I'm struggling to see the leap of logic that suggests that Rohr would have qualified instead given his poor second half of the qualifying campaign.
Because he was based on practicalities, achieving the objective, rather than delusions of grandeur that afflicts so many SE fans that can also affect the likes of Eguavoen.

Even vancity eagle, who likes to overhype and embellish the quality of our players admitted after the game that Ghana had better quality midfielders at their disposal, even if we had Ndidi in the mix. No one was talking about this before the game. Folks here were acting like Ghana was so far beneath us that it was blasphemy to even voice your apprehension about the tie. I won't be surprised if Eguavoen also bought into that hype because Ghana lost to Comoros Islands.

Rohr wouldn’t have fallen for that delusion because he knew our players well and their capabilities. IMO, he would have organized his team to account for the superiority of Ghana in the middle in the best way to get the result required without any fancy delusional football. That’s why I believe Rohr would have gotten the result needed from the two games. I'm sure no serious person now can deny the fact that we would have been better off with Rohr than Eguavoen. Even Eguavoen himself admits he didn’t support the sacking of Rohr.
what you posted are not facts, but guess work..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) is awaiting a ruling from Fifa on a $1m compensation claim by former coach Gernot Rohr for unfair dismissal.

Nigeria's longest-serving manager after taking charge in August 2016, Rohr was sacked in December just four weeks before the delayed 2021 Nations Cup kicked off in Cameroon.

The NFF had agreed to pay Rohr's salary until the end of his contract, which expires in December 2022, but he went to football's world governing body to demand an additional sum for damages.

That claim was contested by the NFF, and a Fifa tribunal examining Rohr's claim for damages concluded last week. However, a verdict is yet to be communicated to either party.

"Mr Rohr's the only one talking in the media about a case that is already with Fifa," a top NFF official told BBC Sport Africa.

"That matter is being handled by our legal department and we are waiting [for] a verdict this week or next week before making any official statement."

Rohr's representatives were not available for comment, but the former Niger and Gabon manager confirmed he was seeking compensation.

"Now this case is with Fifa and they will decide," the 68-year-old said.

A spokesperson for Fifa said the organisation will not comment about an ongoing case.

Rohr was was highly praised for rebuilding Nigeria between 2016 and 2018, but nervy and lacklustre performances in more recent years and his conservative approach were heavily criticised by the local media and fans.

Despite leading the Super Eagles to both Africa's 2022 World Cup play-offs and qualification for this year's Nations Cup tournament he came under fire for poor results against lower-ranked opponents during qualifying for Qatar.

The Franco-German, who guided Nigeria to the 2018 World Cup and to third place at the 2019 Nations Cup in Egypt, was subsequently replaced by Augustine Eguavoen.

Rohr led the West African nation in 58 matches, winning 31, drawing 13 and losing 14.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/61160766
I knew we where his retirement package. If the NFF are smart, they would tax the money, if he wins.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:20 pm
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) is awaiting a ruling from Fifa on a $1m compensation claim by former coach Gernot Rohr for unfair dismissal.

Nigeria's longest-serving manager after taking charge in August 2016, Rohr was sacked in December just four weeks before the delayed 2021 Nations Cup kicked off in Cameroon.

The NFF had agreed to pay Rohr's salary until the end of his contract, which expires in December 2022, but he went to football's world governing body to demand an additional sum for damages.

That claim was contested by the NFF, and a Fifa tribunal examining Rohr's claim for damages concluded last week. However, a verdict is yet to be communicated to either party.

"Mr Rohr's the only one talking in the media about a case that is already with Fifa," a top NFF official told BBC Sport Africa.

"That matter is being handled by our legal department and we are waiting [for] a verdict this week or next week before making any official statement."

Rohr's representatives were not available for comment, but the former Niger and Gabon manager confirmed he was seeking compensation.

"Now this case is with Fifa and they will decide," the 68-year-old said.

A spokesperson for Fifa said the organisation will not comment about an ongoing case.

Rohr was was highly praised for rebuilding Nigeria between 2016 and 2018, but nervy and lacklustre performances in more recent years and his conservative approach were heavily criticised by the local media and fans.

Despite leading the Super Eagles to both Africa's 2022 World Cup play-offs and qualification for this year's Nations Cup tournament he came under fire for poor results against lower-ranked opponents during qualifying for Qatar.

The Franco-German, who guided Nigeria to the 2018 World Cup and to third place at the 2019 Nations Cup in Egypt, was subsequently replaced by Augustine Eguavoen.

Rohr led the West African nation in 58 matches, winning 31, drawing 13 and losing 14.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/61160766
I knew we where his retirement package. If the NFF are smart, they would tax the money, if he wins.
the man came to play us and chop us.. he wants $1m for results vs the likes of CAR, CapeVerde etc... dude was the worst SE manager i have ever seen
SuperEagles

OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Orion wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:31 pm

You now know that Eguavoen was clueless. All, except Pinnick, was operating under the assumption as technical director, Eguavoen would be knowledgeable about the players, and was privy to the reports (if there were ever made) re Rohr's team tactics, philosophy and player selection, etc. He was better positioned than any new coming coach. No learning curve. Alas, not true. Eguavoen was given the benefit of doubt as he was in that position for at least a year. It begs the the bigger issue why Pinnick surrounded himself with a fraud as a coach, and an imbecile as a technical director.

Pinnick knew what Eguavoen had offered up to date. Thus his clamor for Peseirio to be at the Nations Cup. With unexpected relative success at the nations cup for Eguavoen, Amuneke had to be brought into the mix.

If Nigeria had qualified, this verdict would have been announced with payoff from the qualifying bonus. Now no money to pay up.

Now we are left to clean up Pinnick's mess.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Rorh will lose. Nigeria is paying him for duration of his current contract which ends in December 2022. Nigeria has every right to terminate his contract after it expires in December 2022. There are no damages. He is getting paid until December 2022.
Where is Chief Gotti?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

asabatex wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:22 pm Rorh will lose. Nigeria is paying him for duration of his current contract which ends in December 2022. Nigeria has every right to terminate his contract after it expires in December 2022. There are no damages. He is getting paid until December 2022.
Where is Chief Gotti?
Rohrbots encouraged him, hoping to get a cut :taunt: :taunt:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

asabatex wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:22 pm Rorh will lose. Nigeria is paying him for duration of his current contract which ends in December 2022. Nigeria has every right to terminate his contract after it expires in December 2022. There are no damages. He is getting paid until December 2022.
Where is Chief Gotti?
Nigeria paid him till the end of December? :laugh: :laugh: who in the history of Nigeria has ever been paid till the end of the yr? May u meant UNTIL the end ofvthe yr.

Gerrararaaa hia mein :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Emir Kongi.. :D
fabio wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:45 pm
Where is Chief Gotti?
Rohrbots encouraged him, hoping to get a cut :taunt: :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:32 pm
Where is Chief Gotti?
Nigeria paid him till the end of December? :laugh: :laugh: who in the history of Nigeria has ever been paid till the end of the yr? May u meant UNTIL the end ofvthe yr.

you are obsessed ..wetin concern you with ****'s finances ?
SuperEagles

asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Every party to a contract has a right NOT to renew the contract at the end of the contract. Nigeria have told Rohr that it would not renew his contract after December 2022. Hence his contract was terminated in advance (December 2021). Rohr has the same right NOT to renew his contract with Nigeria.
He is getting paid for the duration of his contract until December 2022. Nigeria did not default on his contract. Hence Nigeria does not owe any money past December 2022.
Even if Rohr meets his targets, Nigeria still has the right to terminate him for any reason. Rohr cannot force Nigeria to renew his contract.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:32 pm
Where is Chief Gotti?