Peseiro Invites Squad for Upcoming AFCONQ.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Peseiro Invites Squad for Upcoming AFCONQ.....

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:27 am 100% fake news
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:17 pm Alhassan blew his chances by not showing up for the friendlies in America. I don't know what his reasons are but I am disappointed because many called for his inclusion and when the opportunity finally comes, he's nowhere to be found!
Visa...
The NFF should've handled this.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

SOLID squad... :clap:

Only glaring omission is TAIWO AWONIYI...
Who led all Nigerian goal scorers in the Top 5 leagues.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:23 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:49 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:05 amWow 10 defenders….. I suppose given our current form and several injured midfielders…. Nigeria is a complete joke!!!
Swift

Why do we persist with this view? These players are not robots, several play multiple positions and have demonstrated this several times. On that list we have seen Bassey, Shehu, and Faisal play in midfield. Not so?
They are primarily defenders and are not better or even as good playing in midfield than some midfielders that have been left out. Let’s not call bad good. SE coaches have been the same thing over and over again. You have 4 defensive positions but you go and call 10 defenders, more than 2 for each positions. But they call 5 central midfielders for 3 central midfield positions. It’s called madness.
Sani Faisal is NOT a defender, but rather a midfielder/winger...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Same shyt different toilet.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:17 pm Alhassan blew his chances by not showing up for the friendlies in America. I don't know what his reasons are but I am disappointed because many called for his inclusion and when the opportunity finally comes, he's nowhere to be found!
He had visa issues, not his fault
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Is Ndidi still injured?
Nacho nko?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The good thing about this list is that it now proves that oliseh is the last coach in Nigeria to have picked his own players. Every other coach's team is being picked.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

The guys are back at it.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

oyek wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:38 am
The guys are back at it.

That is some nice movement and passing drill.. With some serious fitness drill/test intertwined.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Gotti wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:59 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:23 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:05 amWow 10 defenders….. I suppose given our current form and several injured midfielders…. Nigeria is a complete joke!!!
Swift

Why do we persist with this view? These players are not robots, several play multiple positions and have demonstrated this several times. On that list we have seen Bassey, Shehu, and Faisal play in midfield. Not so?
They are primarily defenders and are not better or even as good playing in midfield than some midfielders that have been left out. Let’s not call bad good. SE coaches have been the same thing over and over again. You have 4 defensive positions but you go and call 10 defenders, more than 2 for each positions. But they call 5 central midfielders for 3 central midfield positions. It’s called madness.
Sani Faisal is NOT a defender, but rather a midfielder/winger...
There have been several reports of him being a defender for Katsina Utd. Primarily LB and LCB.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Flex Swift wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:05 am
Next wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:37 am
naijaguy wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:26 am I don't trust this list. The only news channel that has been able to get the 100 percent correct list is owngoal. All these other ones are just mere predictions.
https://twitter.com/thenff/status/15329 ... 32/photo/1

Wow 10 defenders….. I suppose given our current form and several injured midfielders…. Nigeria is a complete joke!!!
Swift

Prof,

I do not subscribe to this view of yours about calling up adaptable players instead of specialized player.

The squad is very thin in Central midfield. Bonke and Etebo are recovering from knocks. The last game Onyeka played was against Ghana in Abuja. He has been injured since. Aribo has played more than 70 games already this season, a burnout is imminent.

This was a good chance to see who's on the periphery and what they have to offer. It was the same mistake Rohr made and it's the same mistake whoever compiled this list is making. We need more depth and quality in CM positions.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The guys are back at it.
i see Balo , Sadiq and Vic :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

My Question is

Wetin Tyronne Ebuehi do our handlers.

Why Do They Rarely Include Him ????
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

blueangel wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:37 pm My Question is

Wetin Tyronne Ebuehi do our handlers.

Why Do They Rarely Include Him ????
Shehu has to be on the team.

So Ebuehi loses out.

This is Nigeria.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

How many coaches continue to make the depleted midfield mistake.

I dont think we can put this one entirely on Peseiro, but if dude doesn't buck this long trend in his September squad I will be very dissapointed.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Goalgetter wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:24 pm
The guys are back at it.

That is some nice movement and passing drill.. With some serious fitness drill/test intertwined.
No be 11 v 11 games master coaching o! :lol:
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:23 pm
Goalgetter wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:24 pm
The guys are back at it.

No be 11 v 11 games master coaching o! :lol:
Oyinbo na oyinbo, even their 11 v 11 training sweet pass... :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bonke is still injured according to reports and likely won't be fit for the first match.

Why on earth did they not just call a replacement?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:08 pm Bonke is still injured according to reports and likely won't be fit for the first match.

Why on earth did they not just call a replacement?
The guy seems to be made of glass! He got injured in the match against Ghana in Kumasi as well
I am happy
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I am surprised no one has raised an eyebrow about the omission of Kelechi Iheanacho. Is he that dispensable?

Anyway, I am hearing this is a disciplinary issue that will soon become public information. Kelechi allegedly displayed a selfish attitude during the Abuja Ghana game and had no regards for his teammates or coaching crew. Direct insubordination. He is currently being punished.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:01 pm I am surprised no one has raised an eyebrow about the omission of Kelechi Iheanacho. Is he that dispensable?

Anyway, I am hearing this is a disciplinary issue that will soon become public information. Kelechi allegedly displayed a selfish attitude during the Abuja Ghana game and had no regards for his teammates or coaching crew. Direct insubordination. He is currently being punished.
I asked o.
Since yesterday morning. No answer.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:17 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:05 am
Next wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:37 am
naijaguy wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:26 am I don't trust this list. The only news channel that has been able to get the 100 percent correct list is owngoal. All these other ones are just mere predictions.
https://twitter.com/thenff/status/15329 ... 32/photo/1

Wow 10 defenders….. I suppose given our current form and several injured midfielders…. Nigeria is a complete joke!!!
Swift

Prof,

I do not subscribe to this view of yours about calling up adaptable players instead of specialized player.

The squad is very thin in Central midfield. Bonke and Etebo are recovering from knocks. The last game Onyeka played was against Ghana in Abuja. He has been injured since. Aribo has played more than 70 games already this season, a burnout is imminent.

This was a good chance to see who's on the periphery and what they have to offer. It was the same mistake Rohr made and it's the same mistake whoever compiled this list is making. We need more depth and quality in CM positions.

It's not so much a lack of numbers in MF. EII is right in the sense that our wide players also double as wide midfielders.

The problem for me is the lack of diversity and balance. Bonke, Etebo, Onyeka, Ajayi, etc are all cut from the same defensive cloth.

From the friendlies, it seems like we're moving to a 4-3-3. We need a proper #8 who is a box 2 box player and who has the skills to deliver cutting edge passes.

Seems though that we'll go through a process of elimination with Peseiro. He seems to be quick to react in games...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp