There are reports that Peseiro might be gone

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: There are reports that Peseiro might be gone

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:31 am You can sugarcoat Peseiro's record all you want, but here is the reality.

He has coached 10 games for Nigeria and lost 6 of them. And he barely won 3 of the 4 wins you are touting. Dude is a piss poor coach.

Here is his actual Piss Poor record.
June 3, 2022 Ecuador 1 vs Nigeria 0

June 9, 2022 Nigeria 2 vs Sierra Leone 1

June 13, 2022 Sao Tome and Principe 0 vs Nigeria 10

Sept 27, 2022 Algeria 2 vs Nigeria 1

Nov 10, 2022 Costa Rica 2 vs Nigeria 0

Nov 1u, 2022 Portugal 4 vs Nigeria 0

Mar 24, 2023 Nigeria 0 vs Guinea-Bissau 1

Mar 27, 2023 Guinea-Bissau 0 vs Nigeria 1

June18 20023 Sierra Leone 2 vs Nigeria 3

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:31 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:22 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:18 pm When will we ever learn that changing a coach a few months before a major tournament is a recipe for disaster? It has never worked out well for us, ever. Finidi is a sexy choice but he doesn’t have the time to grow a new team for Afcon, 3 games and a camp is all he likely has, not enough time to beat the very stable teams that are in contention for Afcon. Worst yet, if he fails we’ll then have to find another coach for the wcq that begins just months after Afcon.

Pesseiro has won 4 of 6 competitive games, Finidi is an assistant already. The best move is to keep the status quo and pay them on time. It’s only in Nigeria that an unpaid coach is replaced by an unpaid assistant. This is bonkers. You people wanted Rohr out 30 days before the last Afcon, h was replaced and it cost us the WC ticket.

BE WARNED! FIRING PESSEIRO WILL LIKELY COST US TO DROP EARLY POINTS IN THE WCQ .
Coaches can be changed at any time. When did Morocco make the change that led them to the World Cup semi final? Please remind us, again.

The issue is getting the right guy in place. But in a crowded calendar, there are no perfect spots/windows when changes can be made without problems. This is one of such windows with less complications.

However, I do not believe the NFF has the gumption to make a change at this time without Peseiro FIRST quitting the job or going off in a huff. My view is that all this noise is a public move to gain negotiation advantage over Peseiro. Time will tell.

Pesseiro has won 4 of 5 competitive games and qualified for Afcon with a game to spare.what exactly is the problem ? Is it that the team did not play well during the friend games or that you just didn’t like the looks of the team and how they played? If not, I have to assume that you want the man fired because the did not play well or look good during friendly games. Isn’t that why we fired Rohr? Yes, Coaches can be fired at any time but I’m yet to see a national team coach get fired after winning 4 of 5 to qualify for a major tournament. Btw, what will we do if Finidi also fails at Afcon? Perhaps he’s 100% guaranteed to win Afcon, Imdont know. What Nigerians need to realize is that hope is not a plan and neither are feelings.
Clowns like EMIR and VE just don't get it, Rohr actually has a far better record than Peseiro when you compare their records in their debut stints...however way you want to spin it, 6 losses out of 10 games is a piss-poor record! his wins were pretty much against the likes of Sao Tome and a makeshift SL team
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lol you are including the Costa Rica game.

This is the type of disingenuous arguments I am talking about.

2 of those first losses he didn't even choose the team and the NFF filled the team with homebased rubbish, and you put the blame on Peseiro. Just keep wishing for what you are wishing. We have already seen the fruits. It's been barely a year and you all pretend that the WORST disaster in Nigerian football did not happen because of your nonsense.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:36 am
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:31 am You can sugarcoat Peseiro's record all you want, but here is the reality.

He has coached 10 games for Nigeria and lost 6 of them. And he barely won 3 of the 4 wins you are touting. Dude is a piss poor coach.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:18 pm When will we ever learn that changing a coach a few months before a major tournament is a recipe for disaster? It has never worked out well for us, ever. Finidi is a sexy choice but he doesn’t have the time to grow a new team for Afcon, 3 games and a camp is all he likely has, not enough time to beat the very stable teams that are in contention for Afcon. Worst yet, if he fails we’ll then have to find another coach for the wcq that begins just months after Afcon.

Pesseiro has won 4 of 6 competitive games, Finidi is an assistant already. The best move is to keep the status quo and pay them on time. It’s only in Nigeria that an unpaid coach is replaced by an unpaid assistant. This is bonkers. You people wanted Rohr out 30 days before the last Afcon, h was replaced and it cost us the WC ticket.

BE WARNED! FIRING PESSEIRO WILL LIKELY COST US TO DROP EARLY POINTS IN THE WCQ .
Coaches can be changed at any time. When did Morocco make the change that led them to the World Cup semi final? Please remind us, again.

The issue is getting the right guy in place. But in a crowded calendar, there are no perfect spots/windows when changes can be made without problems. This is one of such windows with less complications.

However, I do not believe the NFF has the gumption to make a change at this time without Peseiro FIRST quitting the job or going off in a huff. My view is that all this noise is a public move to gain negotiation advantage over Peseiro. Time will tell.

Pesseiro has won 4 of 5 competitive games and qualified for Afcon with a game to spare.what exactly is the problem ? Is it that the team did not play well during the friend games or that you just didn’t like the looks of the team and how they played? If not, I have to assume that you want the man fired because the did not play well or look good during friendly games. Isn’t that why we fired Rohr? Yes, Coaches can be fired at any time but I’m yet to see a national team coach get fired after winning 4 of 5 to qualify for a major tournament. Btw, what will we do if Finidi also fails at Afcon? Perhaps he’s 100% guaranteed to win Afcon, Imdont know. What Nigerians need to realize is that hope is not a plan and neither are feelings.
Clowns like EMIR and VE just don't get it, Rohr actually has a far better record than Peseiro when you compare their records in their debut stints...however way you want to spin it, 6 losses out of 10 games is a piss-poor record! his wins were pretty much against the likes of Sao Tome and a makeshift SL team
Well Rohr didn't start off playing a bunch of AWAY friendlies against superior opposition who have had stable coaches for years.

He also didn't have homebased rubbish picked for him in his first 2 matches.

If he did, I'm sure a similar record would have happened.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:11 am

Well Rohr didn't start off playing a bunch of AWAY friendlies against superior opposition who have had stable coaches for years.

Hold up, let me get this straight...you actually think Pesiero is a good coach? Wonders shall never end...if there wasn't any bigger proof that you are wowo than this, I don't know what else would be...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Abeg no mind Tobi. Persin wey dey argue after hours at the circus dey call somebody clown. He changed his mind every 2 hrs before Rohr was fired and on Eguavoen. Now he wants us to believe that Finidi is the right choice.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:23 am

Hold up, let me get this straight...you actually think Pesiero is a good coach? Wonders shall never end...if there wasn't any bigger proof that you are wowo than this, I don't know what else would be...
I dont know what Peseiro is, but I know one thing. There is no basis to fire him. Please tell me one successful country that has fired a coach under similar circumstances. Just one. Please tell me.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I support Nigerian coaches to lead Nigerian teams. Period! The issue is finding the best one
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:28 am

Abeg no mind Tobi. Persin wey dey argue after hours at the circus dey call somebody clown. He changed his mind every 2 hrs before Rohr was fired and on Eguavoen. Now he wants us to believe that Finidi is the right choice.
Tobi just changes with the wind.

Not a stable or reliable opinion.

He has already forgotten DNQ and Worst afcon in 30 years. How can people forget when it has only been a year.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:51 am I support Nigerian coaches to lead Nigerian teams. Period! The issue is finding the best one
Yes you are a WOHO.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If Wenger was to coach Nigeria. He would be best candidate. The problem I have with WOWO are they don’t treat local coaches like how they foreign coaches. Also the pedigree of WOWO coaches are journey men failed coaches that should have never been given the Job. Go and look atthe CVs of Pesero, Rohr, Vogts, Lagerback and etc.

Look at Finidi resume.

UEFA champions league winner
AFCON winner
Assistant coach to the Eagles
NPFl title coaching Enyimba
UEFA pro A coaching license.

I have no problem with foreign coaches. I have a problem with journey men failed coaches that can’t get a job outside Africa. Might as well hire a local coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

No serious coach will come near Nigeria. Not with that joke NFF.

Accomplishments as a player is not applicable to coaching. Just look how rubbish Frank Lampard is.

If these coaches are "journeymen" that what are these local coaches with NOTHING of note on their CV.

Most of them are ex internationals expecting handouts. They haven't done sheeeeeit.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:55 am
highbury wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:51 am I support Nigerian coaches to lead Nigerian teams. Period! The issue is finding the best one
Yes you are a WOHO.
Thanks for your compliment. A Nigerian should lead a Nigerian team. Period! It is bound to happen. Eventually
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

dayumnnnnnnnnnn , those results would have been the end of a LC.. the same Egu tied ghana 2ce and was abused none stop, we lost to GB in naija..oh boy..the coach is a bad coach and we are in deep crap
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Have yall noticed this Paserrio is yet to defeat any top team. we won't make it with him. I hope they do not renew his salary.. he is currently on a 70k a month deal.
We can hire a LC for Cheaper and get better results
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:25 am No serious coach will come near Nigeria. Not with that joke NFF.

Accomplishments as a player is not applicable to coaching. Just look how rubbish Frank Lampard is.

If these coaches are "journeymen" that what are these local coaches with NOTHING of note on their CV.

Most of them are ex internationals expecting handouts. They haven't done sheeeeeit.
He is young and he won' the league title as a coach. So we African countries should settle for failed coaches that cant get a job in their own country.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It doesn't matter whether a coach is foreing or local. A piss poor coach is a piss poor coach. Nothing Peseiro has done suggests he is a better coach than he has shown. We have list to every credible team we have played. The only games we have won Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau, and Sao Tome. We split the games with Guinea-Bissau and would have split with Sierra Leone if the last game was played in Freetown. The man sucks!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:14 am If Wenger was to coach Nigeria. He would be best candidate. The problem I have with WOWO are they don’t treat local coaches like how they foreign coaches. Also the pedigree of WOWO coaches are journey men failed coaches that should have never been given the Job. Go and look atthe CVs of Pesero, Rohr, Vogts, Lagerback and etc.

Look at Finidi resume.

AFCON winner

I have no problem with foreign coaches. I have a problem with journey men failed coaches that can’t get a job outside Africa. Might as well hire a local coach.
You keep mentioning Vogts in this your list as a journeyman. If there's ever a "world class coach" we hired it was Vogts if you were going by pedigree. Vogts was No2 to Franz Beckenbeuer as West Germany won the World Cup in 1990. He took over afterwards. He coached Germany for 8 years between Aug 1990 & Sept 1998. He won the Euros in 1996, runners up in 1992 and World Cup quarterfinalists in 1994 & 1998. This a clear indicator that the Nigerian system can swallow the best of coaches as he had one of the worst AFCONs for us in 2008.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:42 pm It doesn't matter whether a coach is foreing or local. A piss poor coach is a piss poor coach. Nothing Peseiro has done suggests he is a better coach than he has shown. We have list to every credible team we have played. The only games we have won Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau, and Sao Tome. We split the games with Guinea-Bissau and would have split with Sierra Leone if the last game was played in Freetown. The man sucks!
Onku, Are u paying attention to results in other groups? You need to dissuade from the idea of birthright victory for Nigeria and start respecting the opposition. Nigeria is barely a Top 10 team in Africa, barely.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

We won’t win jack with an FC or LC until the NFF clean their crap. I’m tired of this our decade long argument.

When it’s time to hire an FC, they hire a journeyman coach and when they hire a local coach, they withdraw support (friendlies) and payment because he’s local and won’t take them to court. How da h3ll are we going to win anything?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Adisboy wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:14 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:14 am If Wenger was to coach Nigeria. He would be best candidate. The problem I have with WOWO are they don’t treat local coaches like how they foreign coaches. Also the pedigree of WOWO coaches are journey men failed coaches that should have never been given the Job. Go and look atthe CVs of Pesero, Rohr, Vogts, Lagerback and etc.

Look at Finidi resume.

AFCON winner

You keep mentioning Vogts in this your list as a journeyman. If there's ever a "world class coach" we hired it was Vogts if you were going by pedigree. Vogts was No2 to Franz Beckenbeuer as West Germany won the World Cup in 1990. He took over afterwards. He coached Germany for 8 years between Aug 1990 & Sept 1998. He won the Euros in 1996, runners up in 1992 and World Cup quarterfinalists in 1994 & 1998. This a clear indicator that the Nigerian system can swallow the best of coaches as he had one of the worst AFCONs for us in 2008.

He was a journey man. Couldn't get a job outside Africa. Lagerback has done well after leaving Nigeria.

Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:54 pm

Look at Finidi resume.

AFCON winner

He was a journey man. Couldn't get a job outside Africa. Lagerback has done well after leaving Nigeria.
Not true, he coached Scotland just before us. The fact is before we hired him, he had the pedigree. After that was a different matter.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Look at Finidi resume.

AFCON winner

But also, he was way past coaching by the time we hired him, he was mainly working as an administrator by that point...It was still a bad fit/bad choice...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:21 pm Have yall noticed this Paserrio is yet to defeat any top team. we won't make it with him. I hope they do not renew his salary.. he is currently on a 70k a month deal.
We can hire a LC for Cheaper and get better results
Which top team did Keshi beat before he won the AFCON 2013? You can't judge a coach on friendlies, even qualifiers. In qualifiers the objective is to get to the final tournament once that is achieved there's no reason to change the coach. People here talk as if they knew Keshi would win the AFCON based on the teams prior performance which is complete BS. I remember the vitriol Keshi got after the last friendly 0-0 draw against Cape Verde prior to the tournament. The same stuff Peserio is accused off e.g. no pattern, can't string 3 passes together, Keshi is not good coach, he took bribe, etc) We are just too cynical & criminally impatient. The same impatience that deprived Amodu from going to the 2010 World Cup after qualifying unbeaten.