Arsenal Related News & Developments - 2012/13 Season.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal Related News & Developments - 2012/13 Season.

Post by mke1010 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:All indications are of yet another piss poor summer by the Arsenal.

Not a chance in hell AFC acquire 3 top quality ballers by the end of the window.
Told you bro.
To be honest, betrayal or no betrayal, that was why I was never peeved with RVP. I knew if faced with spending resources to make a real push for a championship, this board will not hesitate to forgo the chance and implement the Kroenke plan.
Kroenke has no passion for a title. When an owner does not care about titles and sees the team purely from an investment viewpoint, the fan base is in trouble.
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

Coach - You need to post more.
Support our boys regardless of coach, ethnicity of players and pure jealousy.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

mke1010 wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:All indications are of yet another piss poor summer by the Arsenal.

Not a chance in hell AFC acquire 3 top quality ballers by the end of the window.
Told you bro.
To be honest, betrayal or no betrayal, that was why I was never peeved with RVP. I knew if faced with spending resources to make a real push for a championship, this board will not hesitate to forgo the chance and implement the Kroenke plan.
Kroenke has no passion for a title. When an owner does not care about titles and sees the team purely from an investment viewpoint, the fan base is in trouble.
Well said.

In any field ambition starts from the top on down.

Felt it was all over when AW said "if we find a special player, we will do it". When Wenger says that, it means the end of our transfer activity for that summer, unless we find someone on loan who must be special because he can kick a football and won't cost money.

The day Dein and Fiszmen had their falling out was the beginning of the end of Arsenal being a club with genuine aspirations of winning trophies.

What makes me sick is the out right propaganda AFC continue to unleash year after year. When you have everyone at the club state time and again , "We have learned the lessons of last summer", that "Everything that has transpired this summer they have planned for"...taking the piss to say the least.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

oluphemmie007 wrote:i must confess that i am in love with this thread. just so full of emotions. while the waffi camp on the one hand thinks anyone against wengerism is a traitor and a moron, the other camp, vehemently being led by mke are all out for the trophy. CIVIL WAR kind of situation. :woot: and the way coach punctuates it all with '8 years into the 5 year plan' thingy is so epic. always on point!
if trophylessness is what will always deliver this kind of entertainment every season, may it continue for a looong time. :woot:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

divide and conquer!
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

My bro Waffi is MIA today.
I expect he will be MIA all thru till monday on another family trip to Brazil. :D
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

mke1010 wrote:My bro Waffi is MIA today.
I expect he will be MIA all thru till monday on another family trip to Brazil. :D
It's deflating.

For quite some time one could genuinely state money was tight but today Arsenal are flush with cash. Queensland road cash, player sales, +New PL and CL TV deals...Arsenal are swimming in cash.

New merchandise deals is only a few seasons away, by end of Friday with sales of likes of Bendtner Arsenal could retain a summer surplus of 10-15 MP. a fookin surplus with the squad in it's current state..... JOKE!!!!!!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

And that guy was telling me to STFU! Lemme catch him "whine". Better realise they are using us to do scotched egg
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
It's deflating.

For quite some time one could genuinely state money was tight but today Arsenal are flush with cash. Queensland road cash, player sales, +New PL and CL TV deals...Arsenal are swimming in cash.

New merchandise deals is only a few seasons away, by end of Friday with sales of likes of Bendtner Arsenal could retain a summer surplus of 10-15 MP. a fookin surplus with the squad in it's current state..... JOKE!!!!!!!!!

When I was calling this thing from the jump, yall thought I was being funny or mean. Ambition starts from the very top and percolates down from the owner to the board to the manager all the way down to the water boy. If those at the top are not willing to do anything necessary to win, the players on the field will not win. Waffi can come here and tell us about players failing and not winning a trophy, but the problem is not on the field. It is the boardroom. Arsenal as a total entity has lost focus. Investing in Emirates stadium might end up being the wrong choice. A stadium as a symbol of "we have arrived" is a good decision if you have the money. It brings pride, etc. But as a business decision, it is very questionable. Yes we have a shiny new stadium but going forward, we still will not be able to compete. In the future, gate receipts will command an ever decreasing share of total revenues. Building your brand worldwide and your global footprint, not the size of your stadium, is the way to go. Nothing builds your brand better than champions league, winning and star players, two of which are antithetical to the current Arsenal. I weep for the nearsightedness of these bumbling idiots. They are well on their way to being left behind.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
amafolas wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
It's deflating.

When I was calling this thing from the jump, yall thought I was being funny or mean. Ambition starts from the very top and percolates down from the owner to the board to the manager all the way down to the water boy. If those at the top are not willing to do anything necessary to win, the players on the field will not win. Waffi can come here and tell us about players failing and not winning a trophy, but the problem is not on the field. It is the boardroom. Arsenal as a total entity has lost focus. Investing in Emirates stadium might end up being the wrong choice. A stadium as a symbol of "we have arrived" is a good decision if you have the money. It brings pride, etc. But as a business decision, it is very questionable. Yes we have a shiny new stadium but going forward, we still will not be able to compete. In the future, gate receipts will command an ever decreasing share of total revenues. Building your brand worldwide and your global footprint, not the size of your stadium, is the way to go. Nothing builds your brand better than champions league, winning and star players, two of which are antithetical to the current Arsenal. I weep for the nearsightedness of these bumbling idiots. They are well on their way to being left behind.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Blukyt wrote:And that guy was telling me to STFU! Lemme catch him "whine". Better realise they are using us to do scotched egg
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"That Guy" doesn't know anything.....he's just an annoying lap dog, that's why I refuse to converse in any dialogue with him
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

amafolas wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
It's deflating.

I have been saying this for years. As a brand, Arsenal is now Aldi's...cheap and efficient as well as profitable but lord knows everybody'd rather shop at Publix.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Millions (£) spent in the last 9 years - Chelsea £693m. Man City £572m. Liverpool £414m. Man United £352m. Spurs £350m Arsenal £214m. (BBC)

It's remarkable that we've been more consistent than those teams over that time period. However the Arsenal must understand at that point that people don't care about 3rd or 4th place finishes combined with UCL q/finals + 2nd round outings...sports is very ephemeral and people want instant gratification. The fans are not pocketing the money and as long as the club isn't going bankrupt then nobody cares... Those clubs have trophies to show for the money spent and that's the baseline in sports, it's not accounting trophies, it's real hardware folks want.
Arsenal has done a good job in terms of consistency but the club can almost not afford to prosecute cups with youth players anymore...Arsenal needs to win to assuage its fans.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Gooner1 wrote:
Blukyt wrote:And that guy was telling me to STFU! Lemme catch him "whine". Better realise they are using us to do scotched egg
"That Guy" doesn't know anything.....he's just an annoying lap dog, that's why I refuse to converse in any dialogue with him
I wonder who the guy is. Anyways whoever he is I am sure he is right when he said you guys are whiners...One would think before you knuckleheads start to trip without your luggage you will at least wait till the end of the window. That is what I will do so that i don't look foolish if something should happen before the close of the transfer window... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :twisted:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Robbynice wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
I wonder who the guy is. Anyways whoever he is I am sure he is right when he said you guys are whiners...One would think before you knuckleheads start to trip without your luggage you will at least wait till the end of the window. That is what I will do so that i don't look foolish if something should happen before the close of the transfer window... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :twisted:
If something gets done, I will GLADLY eat humble pie and PROUDLY look stupid. Until then its all ifs and shoulds. So for now I will "whine" all I want! I won't be taking for no mug anynmore
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Arteta, who is looked upon as being possibly our most key player now, came in at the last minute last year....patience folks.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Weng-Liar what a fookin' clown........just tell us the TRUTH and let the Devil be ashamed......you never intended to buy any one else after Podolski, Giroud, Carzola
NEWS: Arsene Wenger says Arsenal are still looking to sign new players, but adds that the 'doesn't know' what will happen between now and the deadline tomorrow.

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

platinum wrote:Arteta, who is looked upon as being possibly our most key player now, came in at the last minute last year....patience folks.
Wow....he was a "key" player @ Everton, now he is Arsenal's "key" player.......hmmmmmmm water done found its level?

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Wenga:" Nna maayn...just like the company check and this paper for my front..I'm drawing a blank"... :oops:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Guy's hold your horses, you don't want that guy to serve us humble pie, lets wait till 1st Sep 2012 before we start protesting
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Hmmm......Arsenal fans the world over are now slowly opening their eyes

u always looking 4 top top top but u later no see any 1 until your neighbours move all buchit mr wenger.
Reply ·
· about an hour ago

Norman Magoga · Import Clerk at Whelson & gdc transport
how can you be relaxed there are top players out there just buy and bolster our team.
Reply ·
· about an hour ago
Luckmore Chavunduka · Kotwa high school
mandara edu.
Reply ·
· about an hour ago
Micheale Nega · Shire
heloo..sir wenger we love to see yohan cabaye....please?
Reply ·
· about an hour ago
Abel Emmanuel · St.fracis college otukpo.2002
Wenger, when will you ever make us happy?
Reply ·
· about an hour ago
Eric Poshi · Unam namibia
Ok tht is gud thn
Reply ·
· about an hour ago
Olaniyi Jide Joel · Nuhu bamalli polytechnic, zaira, kaduna
With all dis statements dis is saying, he is up to smtin funny again dis season. Same old stories wenger!$.
Reply ·
· about an hour ago
Morris Mutembei · Chogoria boys high school
This is not tha first time Wenger has made such remarks believe me u not Wenger is done bringing in new players.
Reply ·
· about an hour ago
Daniel Basden · Gillingham Technical School
The return of Cesc (even on loan) would indeed show AW really can walk on water.
Reply ·
· about an hour ago
Tony O'Saul
You not working hard enough Mr Wenger.......
Reply ·
· about an hour ago
Ahmodu Suleiman · Federal polytechnic idah kogi state
pls papa do something.

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

realtrouble wrote:Guy's hold your horses, you don't want that guy to serve us humble pie, lets wait till 1st Sep 2012 before we start protesting
RB......
Ok we will wait........every year, we always wait.........Wenger always promises M&S, but ends up going to Lidl, just before they close

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Gooner1 wrote:
platinum wrote:Arteta, who is looked upon as being possibly our most key player now, came in at the last minute last year....patience folks.
Wow....he was a "key" player @ Everton, now he is Arsenal's "key" player.......hmmmmmmm water done found its level?

This is the kind of thing that vexes me about some of you...just exactly what you have done here...
Why is it so bloody hard to be objective???? I understand that you're an emotional wreck and wish to slay the club, that's fine, do so. But be a man about it and be objective, be truthful, be honest, don't just pi$$ in the wind because you want to throw a tantrum.

What does him being a key player at Everton and now at Arsenal have to do with Arsenal being at Everton's level?? Kompany was a key player at Anderlecht, Hamburg and now City, does that mean City is at Hamburg's level? Tevez has been key everywhere, does that mean the clubs are all same level??
We got the guy who was Everton's best player and his quality in his position is helping us. He IS a good player, who is universally accepted has been unlucky to be in the era of Spanish gods...
What's wrong with him being a key player for us? You want Zidane? Let me know when you get him.
Be honest and open minded abeg, it makes these discussions much more palatable for all.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

So Bendtner is in discussions with Milan, now Chamakh is also talking to Fiorentina...