Blatter Resigning

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Blatter Resigning

Post by Cito »

Wow, I knew it would come to this. Now let the rest of the dominoes fall where they may.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Just wait til they give Hayatou the job under the title "interim", he will stay as President for the next 35 years.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

SylverEagles wrote:
platinum wrote: I don't think you'll find anyone who wanted him or who would pick him. At least not on CE. The African FA's who deify Blatter know the riches dia pockets don enjoy.
It's much like picking between two bad politicians for me. You cannot win. You either abstain and watch or you pick the one you consider the lesser evil. Prince Ali was a joke at best. A figurehead propped up by UEFA and the allies.
This isn't a matter of 'only blatter can save us'. Do you understand the argument being made?
Knowing what you know now, would you have left Qaddafi alone in libya or saddam in iraq? Dictators are not always a 'bad' thing.
Ok, platinum this is the kind of comments that just makes me shake my head. The assertion above is based on what again?? Everyone is always a "figure head" going against the established dictator.

Dictators are ALWAYS a BAD thing!! I guess you can say they are not so bad when you're not the one being crushed under their boot. Call me naive or whatever but for once can we just stand up for what it right and not put all these qualifiers around things.

FIFA is corrupt, Blatter and his cohorts have collected bribes for years and now they have been made to pay. That is where it should stop! None of this agenda, bully, conspiracy talk.

Stating the obvious doesn't equal supporting corruption. You don't need to be a genius to see what prince ali was/is!
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
platinum wrote:Takedown complete.

My hope is this leads to a cleansing of the organization. My fear is the big boys are going to make sure the small fry know their place in the world order.
This was my only reservation about the whole thing. Please Hayatou next.
I hope it does not end with them taking control. But you gotta say, the evidence must be damning. There must be an awful lot more strife coming down the line for this action. We will see.

ABC news is reporting on tv that an investigation into blatter is on the way too....
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:I think many of you here have a lot to learn...

I am owed multiple apologies here by folks like Waffi, Cellular, etc

What'd they say?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Havelange picked out his boy Blatter. Won't surprise me to see Blatter pick out his own boy who will be supported en masse by those who voted Blatter in. We need to open our eyes on this. This battle is just starting.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

This whole thing was/is pretty much a west vs the rest battle. The platform is corruption but it's amusing for me to see people thinking that's ALL there is going on. Small pikins no dey this forum in great numbers...if you've lived long enough and still can't see the shadows, then there's no helpin you.

Re: Blatter. Too bad for him. He fell to the thing that's killed many a man. Greed. There's a reason the west has always shuddered when idealists are around, they cant be bought with greed, they cant be entrapped like this swiss man has just been.

I wish football the best.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kalani JR wrote:Just wait til they give Hayatou the job under the title "interim", he will stay as President for the next 35 years.

While you joke around with this...I think there's a fifa statute that says the oldest VP takes charge in case of resignation/death of president...guess who the senior vp or oldest is? :P
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

juventuss wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
platinum wrote:Takedown complete.

My hope is this leads to a cleansing of the organization. My fear is the big boys are going to make sure the small fry know their place in the world order.
This was my only reservation about the whole thing. Please Hayatou next.
I hope it does not end with them taking control. But you gotta say, the evidence must be damning.
The $10m paid to his assistant by I believe the South African FA must have been what broke the resistance. But I believe Blatter has one upped them by surviving the vote. The successor will pretty much be a Blatter guy.
that is what I have been thinking too. Blatter probably stayed in the race to ensure that his sponsors keep control of FIFA.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote: Gotta say, this made Blatter's position untenable. Jerome Walke is Blatter's closest aide, if you cannot get evidence with Blatter's fingerprint, then this is as close as it gets.

I still don't get this. So they were committing crimes/fraud, and writing official letters about them with their letterheads? Someone please explain this to me, as I don't even understand the content of the letter.why is this a bombshell?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:This whole thing was/is pretty much a west vs the rest battle. The platform is corruption but it's amusing for me to see people thinking that's ALL there is going on. Small pikins no dey this forum in great numbers...if you've lived long enough and still can't see the shadows, then there's no helpin you.

Re: Blatter. Too bad for him. He fell to the thing that's killed many a man. Greed. There's a reason the west has always shuddered when idealists are around, they cant be bought with greed, they cant be entrapped like this swiss man has just been.

The question is who are the rest, and more importantly, whose interest do the rest actually represent?

Whose interest for instance was Adamu representing when he took 1m dollars?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote: Gotta say, this made Blatter's position untenable. Jerome Walke is Blatter's closest aide, if you cannot get evidence with Blatter's fingerprint, then this is as close as it gets.

I still don't get this. So they were committing crimes/fraud, and writing official letters about them with their letterheads? Someone please explain this to me, as I don't even understand the content of the letter.why is this a bombshell?
media propaganda.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

platinum wrote:Havelange picked out his boy Blatter. Won't surprise me to see Blatter pick out his own boy who will be supported en masse by those who voted Blatter in. We need to open our eyes on this. This battle is just starting.
I wonder if the DOJ did this as a strategy. Going after Blatter may be harder but undermining his authority and removing a few of his trusted cronies and then slowly squeeze on him. This way the fallback plan is gone for him and they will eradicate him and his 'boys' with on fell swoop. A new face who is not part of the crew emerges after the dust settles.
Last edited by Cito on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

So wind don blow and we are about to see foul yansh...I never experrit...chei!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

platinum wrote: Stating the obvious doesn't equal supporting corruption. You don't need to be a genius to see what prince ali was/is!
First off all I said was that ppl were supporting Blatter by making all kinds of excuses for him not that they were supporting corruption. Second, the choice is clear for me - on one there's the allegedly corrupt Blatter and the other hand is Prince Ali and any other candidate. If I had a vote, I'll be voting Prince Ali 100 time out of a 100. He may well turn out to be pile of turd but at this point in time I have to evidence of his corruption while Mr. Blatter on the other hand...

Guys we can't simply pay lip service to doing what is right, we must strive to do it ALL the time. If you are quibbling about where you stand on such a trivial (football is a game/entertainment after all) matter like this, how can you be trusted to stand true in real and life changing events?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Waffiman wrote: Gotta say, this made Blatter's position untenable. Jerome Valke is Blatter's closest aide, if you cannot get evidence with Blatter's fingerprint, then this is as close as it gets.

Note: The Swiss Attorney General has said Blatter is not under investigation, and as far as they know, he is not under investigation by the USA authorities. The real question is, what does Blatter know and what role has he played. Did he just run a blind eye knowing all what is going on around him because he wanted to keep power? If he did, like I suspect, then his position is not tenable. He was right to quit.

We always knew Warner was a crook but it looks far worse than we ever thought. This is pure gangster corruption like we have in our country. No wonder Amos Adamu was asking for $1m for his vote. These guys were all crooks and I hope they are all punished.
There's nothing there in that letter that can be considered solid evidence of bribes or corruption. I hope that's not all they have!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:
platinum wrote:This whole thing was/is pretty much a west vs the rest battle. The platform is corruption but it's amusing for me to see people thinking that's ALL there is going on. Small pikins no dey this forum in great numbers...if you've lived long enough and still can't see the shadows, then there's no helpin you.

The question is who are the rest, and more importantly, whose interest do the rest actually represent?

The rest are a bunch of FAs whose interest is their own. Much like the west. Everyone protecting their own interests. It's easy to lump the west together because that's essentially what it is.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

platinum wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Just wait til they give Hayatou the job under the title "interim", he will stay as President for the next 35 years.

While you joke around with this...I think there's a fifa statute that says the oldest VP takes charge in case of resignation/death of president...guess who the senior vp or oldest is? :P
Oh I know of the statue.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

My bro, the allegation that SA paid $10m to FIFA exco member Jack Warner is at the heart of this letter. When the Americans first made this allegation, it was assumed the South Africans actually paid cash to Mr Jack Warner. Unfortunately, what actually happened is much worse, it seems to show a conspiracy of crime amongst crooks.

The Letter effectively confirms that SA did forfeit $10m via the Diaspora Legacy programme and not by paying cash. This programme was to be administered and implemented by the then CONCACAF President, who happened to be Jack Warner. He was given fiduciary powers by FIFA.

The FBI and other authorities have said they have evidence that this $10m was not used to administer any legacy programme, it was instead paid into Jack Warner's account, who proceeded to break the money up amongst his exco members. The South Africans, desperate to distance themselves from this scandal by making it clear they sincerely believed the money they paid was for the stated programme and that they had no knowledge of what happened after have today released the file on this matter.

Many take the view that this is what has forced Blatter's hand to resign. The bottomline is, the evidence, even if not complete is damning. It does confirm Mr Warner had a fiduciary duty to administer and implement this programme. The fact is, he failed in this duty because the Americans say he and his fellow eco member decided the money amongst themselves. This looks very bad.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :smile: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: the ITK wan dey this forum plenty .. Anyway aha all na part of the system
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

SylverEagles wrote:
platinum wrote: Stating the obvious doesn't equal supporting corruption. You don't need to be a genius to see what prince ali was/is!
First off all I said was that ppl were supporting Blatter by making all kinds of excuses for him not that they were supporting corruption. Second, the choice is clear for me - on one there's the allegedly corrupt Blatter and the other hand is Prince Ali and any other candidate. If I had a vote, I'll be voting Prince Ali 100 time out of a 100. He may well turn out to be pile of turd but at this point in time I have to evidence of his corruption while Mr. Blatter on the other hand...

Guys we can't simply pay lip service to doing what is right, we must strive to do it ALL the time. If you are quibbling about where you stand on such a trivial (football is a game/entertainment after all) matter like this, how can you be trusted to stand true in real and life changing events?

Again I urge you. Read up on the history of FIFA. If you want to watch the UEFA World Cup then that's all well and good.
Evil doesn't only come by the way of corruption! Corruption is bad, yes. But so is racism, so is marginalization, so is bigotry, so is nepotism. That's what fifa was before havelange and to a larger extent Blatter!
Between the two evils, I would abstain and if forced, I'd pick Blatter. The fact that our FAs choose to be greedy and lap the honey he fed them witht improving people is not his fault. Lets quit blaming others for our damn greed and incompetence. Our FA just bungled the jersey/kit deal....is that Blatter's fault too? Think about these things.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:
txj wrote:

The rest are a bunch of FAs whose interest is their own. Much like the west. Everyone protecting their own interests. It's easy to lump the west together because that's essentially what it is.
The rest includes Africa, CAF members who feed off the corruption and feel their nest eggs are better protected with Blatter.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kalani JR wrote:
platinum wrote:

Oh I know of the statue.

If that man takes over, I hereby petition Muhammadu Buhari to invade Cameroon. :P :P