Re: Fate of the Dark Nike Jersey...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gadfly
Egg
Egg
Re: Re: Fate of the Dark Nike Jersey...

Post by Gadfly »

Gadfly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:11 am Damunk,

Why not raise a petition for us fans to sign and submit to Nike/NFF requesting a third jersey, perhaps red in honor of Red Devils, our original name, before changing to Green Eagles?
Some countries have a third jersey. I have never seen Nigeria with one.
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Re: Fate of the Dark Nike Jersey...

Post by jette1 »

Gadfly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:15 am
Gadfly wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:11 am Damunk,

Why not raise a petition for us fans to sign and submit to Nike/NFF requesting a third jersey, perhaps red in honor of Red Devils, our original name, before changing to Green Eagles?
Some countries have a third jersey. I have never seen Nigeria with one.
We have the white Jersey bro; our home green jersey has a white version of it, that makes #3
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Yes, I’m back!
This time, with a slightly broader perspective.

I’ve got my young nephew who isn’t really a footie fan to compile all the results of all games involving teams wearing either green or white jerseys at AFCON 24. It doesn’t matter the team. It’s just the results I am after.

Of course, the competition is still on, but he’s waiting for the Qfinals to commence tomorrow. And anyway, this is for discussion when all the football is over. Not for now. And I need to check his data for accuracy.

But any of you can take a random look at results of white-clad teams and green-clad teams. There have been 37 games involving at least one team wearing either green or white so far and I am shocked at the actual stats.

It’s a discussion for another day like I said and I am looking forward to finishing the raw data collection.

Let me remind the lazy brains that this is NOT about superstition or ‘jinxes’. I am not interested in all that.
It’s not even about Nigeria or the Nike jersey any more. It’s about black players playing in green jerseys on green grass.
I am only interested in the data and its analysis.

One interesting nugget to chew on:
So far, the only team to win a match wearing green jerseys is:
Nigeria. (beating Cameroon, coincidentally wearing white)

Go check. :D [all stats still to be ratified]

PS. Scipio, I know you’re keen on scrutinizing this matter with a very critical eye.
I can’t wait. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:15 am Yes, I’m back!

I’ve got my young nephew who isn’t really a footie fan to compile all the results of all games involving teams wearing either green or white jerseys at AFCON 24. It doesn’t matter the team. It’s just the results I am after.

Of course, the competition is still on, but he’s waiting for the Qfinals to commence tomorrow. And anyway, this is for discussion when all the football is over. Not for now. And I need to check his data for accuracy.

But any of you can take a random look at results of white-clad teams and green-clad teams. There have been 37 games involving at least one team wearing either green or white so far and I am shocked at the actual stats.

It’s a discussion for another day like I said and I am looking forward to finishing the raw data collection.

Let me remind the lazy brains that this is NOT about superstition or ‘jinxes’. I am not interested in all that.
It’s not even about Nigeria or the Nike jersey any more. It’s about black players playing in green jerseys on green grass.

Nigeria. (beating Cameroon, coincidentally wearing
white)

PS. Scipio, I know you’re keen on scrutinizing this matter with a very critical eye.
So the penalty was wrongly awarded because we wore the green jersey even the VAR eyes who called the Ref to come and take a look were clouded by the green colors :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk

Key point. It should not be something as silly as superstition, except in case where there is probable psychological impact on participants (e.g. Players being impacted by own beliefs about the colors). Instead, I think colors may impact refereeing decisions and may also impact visualization and quick decision making by team mates. There are other possibilities that may impact results, no matter how minute the impact may seem.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:07 am

Damunk

Key point. It should not be something as silly as superstition, except in case where there is probable psychological impact on participants (e.g. Players being impacted by own beliefs about the colors). Instead, I think colors may impact refereeing decisions and may also impact visualization and quick decision making by team mates. There are other possibilities that may impact results, no matter how minute the impact may seem.
Thank you Prof.
This is the way to go.
Let’s get the data first.
If it is felt that they show statistically significant differences, we can then begin to look at possible causes.
For now, I just need to get the data collated.
It might even encourage us to widen the study even further.

I am also keen on eliminating any confirmation bias by all means possible.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:46 am

Nigeria. (beating Cameroon, coincidentally wearing
white)

So the penalty was wrongly awarded because we wore the green jersey even the VAR eyes who called the Ref to come and take a look were clouded by the green colors :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Jette, I hope you are joking sha.