We need to hire a local coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Cellular »

Bell wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:01 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:28 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:09 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:13 am
Bell my brother,
I don’t buy into sentimental arguments. I just try as best I can to deal with the facts as presented or available.
Your post is sentimental.
When you start saying things like “all because a coach asked for lunch money…”, I can’t take you seriously.
Really?
That’s what you got from the interview?
Okay now. The coaches are all very ambitious and are being frustrated by a self-centered group of incompetents that refuses to train them.
Happy now? :D

No need debating these things when people are simply unwilling to take a deep dive and adjust their viewpoints and arguments from what they’ve held in their heads from 19-eighty-something.

People had a chance to go one-on-one with a top NFF official, well-publicized, no holds barred but refused to take it.
Now they are back repeating the same old diatribe as if stuck on repeat, casually dismissing anything and everything raised and discussed.
What does that say about us, whether ‘in’ office, or out? :idea: :idea: :idea:

You don’t have to agree with anything. But at least refresh every so often in light of changing circumstances and new information.
We are not the only ones that, just like you, ‘know’ exactly what to do from our armchairs.

Some people actually get up, step up and try to make a difference.
Which group do you belong to?

That should be your first question. :idea:
Pinnick was in the DC area (Baltimore, Maryland) and I told him as much.

The problem is with the Leadership... PINNICK! He is a difficult man to have conversations with because he knows it all plus he has had bad experiences listening to the wrong people.

And yes, I understand after the President, INEC Chairman, the next hottest position in the country is quite possibly the NFF President but Pinnick is not doing enough to address the coaching issue. His halfhearted experiment with Oliseh is not enough justification to jettison hiring local coaches or at the very least, BLACK coaches.

He doesn't see the far-reaching effect of Naijaria being at the forefront of black renaissance. Look at what his counterpart at the NBBF, Engr. Musa Kida did with Nigerian Basketball... Dude could have hired the myriad of white coaches in the NBA... but he chose Mike Brown for a reason.
I’m missing your point.
Are you not supporting hiring Nigerian coaches?
Well a Nigerian coach who lives in the US, Nwora, qualified the country for the Olympics and was doing well with the team only to get sacked and then later reinstalled as Mike Browns assistant.

If anything that’s a slap in the face and a bloody insult to a Nigerian coach who was actually doing a creditable job

NOT SURE BROWN vs NIGERIAN FOREIGN COACHES ARE COMPARABLE

1) Basketball is relatively new to Nigeria whereas Nigeria has played football over 70 years and there is no visible program for indigenous coaches.
2) Basketball does not have the stature, nor does it consume the resources that football does.
3) Brown's tenure is temporary and he's coaching without a salary.
4) As an NBA coach, Brown is at a level not attained by Nigerian foreign coaches (except Bertie Vogts)
5) It's possible that having Brown as coach encouraged some of the players to sign up to play.
Bell
I don't know how he read what I wrote and came up with his conclusion.

Is Football and Basketball the same?

Did they go out and replace the Naijarian coach with a run-of-the-mill average white coach?

Had it been our football team, they would have gone out and hired an average Joe white coach to come and learn with our boys.

Nworah would not mind being an assistant to Mike Brown but would have taken umbrage if they had hired someone solely based on being white.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:46 pm
I don't know how he read what I wrote and came up with his conclusion.

Is Football and Basketball the same?

Did they go out and replace the Naijarian coach with a run-of-the-mill average white coach?

Had it been our football team, they would have gone out and hired an average Joe white coach to come and learn with our boys.

Nworah would not mind being an assistant to Mike Brown but would have taken umbrage if they had hired someone solely based on being white.
Who did the NFF hire solely for being white? Abeg let go this argument ... e no carry weight at all.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

How many of our ex euro-based pros are doing or have done this?
Guest for the morning was Toure, who is now working as a coach for Russian Premier League side FC Akhmat Grozny, with the 38-year-old observing training and holding talks with Klopp.

The ex-City midfielder, whose brother Kolo spent three years with the Reds and made 24 appearances for the current manager, posed for a series of photographs with the Liverpool squad, including Van Dijk, Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah.

“Great to meet coach Klopp and watch the Liverpool squad training!” Toure wrote on Instagram.

“Top manager and what a humble man, really enjoyed my time with you coach Klopp and the lads here today.”

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp