Ndidi out, but Osimhen leads Nigeria list for CAR as Rohr also hands debut call up to Rangers star

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi out, but Osimhen leads Nigeria list for CAR as Rohr also hands debut call up to Rangers star

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:00 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:40 pm
txj wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:31 pm
Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:51 am
txj wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:13 pm You do realize Bassey is a center back; right?
He's a LB/LWB, who can fill in at CB...

He's played at LCB for Rangers. Quite raw, but also quite promising...

An interesting one for me, b/c of lack of competition and need for upgrade in CD
He played one game there, and according to folks wasn’t that impressive there, so how exactly would you consider him an upgrade in CD? You made it seem like you actually know the player when clearly you don’t…being a smart arse for no reason :roll:

That was probably the most high level game as a CD, but he's capable of playing across the defensive line.

I was speaking generally about the need for an upgrade/competition in the CD position
I hear you sha, we definitely need competition at CD, if he could give us that then his presence is much welcomed.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: Ndidi out, but Osimhen leads Nigeria list for CAR as Rohr also hands debut call up to Rangers star

Post by Otitokoro »

Read a similar report.
However, it has yet to be confirmed by the NFF
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:32 pm I just read that Iwobi is out injured and replaced by Terem Moffi.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:26 pm Read a similar report.
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:32 pm I just read that Iwobi is out injured and replaced by Terem Moffi.
Here’s the PUNCH report.
https://punchng.com/world-cup-qualifier ... red-iwobi/

Super Eagles Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUftBDWjqP3/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Damunk wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:57 am
Here’s the PUNCH report.

Moffi has been called up as a replacement.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Moffi is deserving of the callup, but wish he called up an AM or CM.
Next wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:43 am
Damunk wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:57 am
Here’s the PUNCH report.

Moffi has been called up as a replacement.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:59 pm Moffi is deserving of the callup, but wish he called up an AM or CM.
Exactly! Moffi is a good player but how many forwards are going to play?
Meanwhile, midfield is depleted, and this would've been an opportunity to try someone like Nwobodo.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

It is clear that Rohr is abandoning the 433 and that is why he is ignoring the midfield even more than he usually does.

The right thing to do would be to build a team with the flexibility to play either 442 or 433, depending on opponents and the flow of the game.

To do this we would st the very least need an AM backup to Iwobi.

With all these injuries and our clown coach still cannot see it necessary to call up Ejaria or Nwobodo, or Nwakali.

If Aribo or Onyeka get injured, watch him call up another defender.

I tire for this man.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Why didnt **** call up Nwakali/ Ejaria and/or even Amoo to replace Ndidi and Iwobi? Why do i even bother with this useless coach :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:33 am Why didnt **** call up Nwakali/ Ejaria and/or even Amoo to replace Ndidi and Iwobi? Why do i even bother with this useless coach :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
What has Nwakili really done to deserve a call up. When did he last have an assist or score a goalie despite playing in the Spanish second division. People keep watching U17 highlights from half a decade ago. Be objective. What has he done? When did you last see him play. The 45 minutes he got today?Has Ejaria made the switch?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

kawawa wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:39 am
bret- hart wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:33 am Why didnt **** call up Nwakali/ Ejaria and/or even Amoo to replace Ndidi and Iwobi? Why do i even bother with this useless coach :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
What has Nwakili really done to deserve a call up. When did he last have an assist or score a goalie despite playing in the Spanish second division. People keep watching U17 highlights from half a decade ago. Be objective. What has he done? When did you last see him play. The 45 minutes he got today?Has Ejaria made the switch?
Please tell me what Bonke has done ?

Please tell me what Abraham Marcus has done ?

Please tell me what Shehu Abdullahi has done ?

According to Owngoal Ejaria has been approved by FIFA. I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is, Rohr is a fool.

We have 3 regular midfielders injured (Iwobi, Etebo, Ndidi), plus another 2 midfield prospects injured (Alhassan, Michael), and Rohr still cannot find a spot for Nwobodo, who is the top tackler in Turkey, and had superior numbers than Etebo last year in the same league while playing for a worse team.

Something is very wrong with Rohr and his scouting team. I mean very wrong, and I'm getting sick of people making these stupid excuses for him.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

What has the likes of Musa done to merit an invite??? Also you talk as if we have a pletora of Midfielders balling at top leagues. We dont so the sooner we give the likes of Nwakali a chance the better.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:28 am
What has the likes of Musa done to merit an invite??? Also you talk as if we have a pletora of Midfielders balling at top leagues. We dont so the sooner we give the likes of Nwakali a chance the better.
I agree with you that on solely footballing reasons Musa does not deserve an invite.
But that does not in any way support your suggestion that Nwakali deserves one.
I don’t see the connection. :???:

Both are undeserving.
The only argument - or should I say ‘excuse’ - for inviting Nwakali would be his relative youth. Nothing else.
The only ‘excuse’ for inviting Musa is the opposite - his ‘experience’, nothing else.

Both excuses are as bad as each other and untenable in my opinion.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:36 am
Please tell me what Bonke has done ?

Please tell me what Abraham Marcus has done ?

Please tell me what Shehu Abdullahi has done ?

According to Owngoal Ejaria has been approved by FIFA. I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is, Rohr is a fool.

We have 3 regular midfielders injured (Iwobi, Etebo, Ndidi), plus another 2 midfield prospects injured (Alhassan, Michael), and Rohr still cannot find a spot for Nwobodo, who is the top tackler in Turkey, and had superior numbers than Etebo last year in the same league while playing for a worse team.

Something is very wrong with Rohr and his scouting team. I mean very wrong, and I'm getting sick of people making these stupid excuses for him.
You keep quoting these Odiye people who themselves are not sticking by their unsubstantiated long-forgotten story.
Why not go by the most likely scenario: Ejaria hasn’t switched?

Stop giving yourself hypertension my friend.
“It doesn’t wortit”. :idea:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm It is clear that Rohr is abandoning the 433 and that is why he is ignoring the midfield even more than he usually does.

The right thing to do would be to build a team with the flexibility to play either 442 or 433, depending on opponents and the flow of the game.

With all these injuries and our clown coach still cannot see it necessary to call up Ejaria or Nwobodo, or Nwakali.

I tire for this man.
And Nigeria deserves a clown coach I guess :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:59 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:46 pm It is clear that Rohr is abandoning the 433 and that is why he is ignoring the midfield even more than he usually does.

I tire for this man.
So you guys, why is he now a ‘clown’ coach?
Because he ‘only’ won bronze at the last AFCON and has totally failed to win anything since?
Or that he threw away a 4-0 lead against a ‘minnow’?
Or that, OMG, he is really really struggling to qualify for the next AFCON and the 2022 World Cup?
Or because he has failed to invite your own choices of non-performing midfielders?
What a clown indeed!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

See how you people just can’t be objective? Damned from all sides, whether e do or e no do.

So what and who occupy the very wiiiiide spectrum inbetween our GOAT genius of a coach who at one extreme won the AFCON gold and at the other extreme, the ‘certified clown’ who could only win bronze?

No wonder una type been sack Amodu, another ‘clown’ by una definition. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Rohr will not invite an untested player to a world cup qualifier. The midfield combo will be

.........................Iheanacho.....................
...............Onyeka................Aribo..........
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:59 am

I tire for this man.
Because he ‘only’ won bronze at the last AFCON and has totally failed to win anything since?
Or that, OMG, he is really really struggling to qualify for the next AFCON and the 2022 World Cup?
Or because he has failed to invite your own choices of non-performing midfielders?
What a clown indeed!

See how you people just can’t be objective? Damned from all sides, whether e do or e no do.

So what and who occupy the very wiiiiide spectrum inbetween our GOAT genius of a coach who at one extreme won the AFCON gold and at the other extreme, the ‘certified clown’ who could only win bronze?

No wonder una type been sack Amodu, another ‘clown’ by una definition. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ask the person who calls the coach a CLOWN yet want him on the job!

That's all you need to know people who do not want the BEST for the SE
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:41 pm
    Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:59 am

I tire for this man.
    What a clown indeed!

Ask the person who calls the coach a CLOWN yet want him on the job!

That's all you need to know people who do not want the BEST for the SE
    I was asking you both, but my bad.
    I thought you were both in rare agreement on the ‘clown’ matter. :taunt:
    vancity eagle
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Robotnik wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:18 pm Rohr will not invite an untested player to a world cup qualifier. The midfield combo will be

.........................Iheanacho.....................
    ...............Onyeka................Aribo..........
    But he already did invite 2 untested players and started them, and GOT A WIN ON THE ROAD.

So this "untested" talk is just nonsense.

If you are good, you are good, if you are better than another player, you are better than that player "untested" or not.
    vancity eagle
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

And wtf did the "tested" Musa do for SE in his last dozen matches ?

Abeg shut up with this "tested" "untested" garbage.

How about just choose the best players.
    1naija
    Flying Eagle
    Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

DAgrin wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:00 pm What's going on with Ndidi? I'm quite sure he'll play Leicsters next league game. The club has announced no injury update. Ndidi has missed some competetive matches for Nigeria here and then. I hope he is not frustrated by the NFFs lacking professionalism. There seems to be something going on behind the scenes.

How did Ndidi do in the game today?
    The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
    maceo4
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:31 pm
    DAgrin wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:00 pm What's going on with Ndidi? I'm quite sure he'll play Leicsters next league game. The club has announced no injury update. Ndidi has missed some competetive matches for Nigeria here and then. I hope he is not frustrated by the NFFs lacking professionalism. There seems to be something going on behind the scenes.

Went missing for most of the game, was at fault for the 3rd goal too… :winking:
    Super Eagus 4 Life!
    Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
    tedder89
    Egg
    Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Lol comical
    maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:06 pm
    1naija wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Went missing for most of the game, was at fault for the 3rd goal too… :winking:
    IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.