Rohr v NFF - Fifa verdict pending!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr v NFF - Fifa verdict pending!

Post by aruako1 »

Orion wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:31 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:16 am On the AFCON and WCQ, I felt terrible like every Nigerian fan. But I'm struggling to see the leap of logic that suggests that Rohr would have qualified instead given his poor second half of the qualifying campaign.
Because he was based on practicalities, achieving the objective, rather than delusions of grandeur that afflicts so many SE fans that can also affect the likes of Eguavoen.

Even vancity eagle, who likes to overhype and embellish the quality of our players admitted after the game that Ghana had better quality midfielders at their disposal, even if we had Ndidi in the mix. No one was talking about this before the game. Folks here were acting like Ghana was so far beneath us that it was blasphemy to even voice your apprehension about the tie. I won't be surprised if Eguavoen also bought into that hype because Ghana lost to Comoros Islands.

Rohr wouldn’t have fallen for that delusion because he knew our players well and their capabilities. IMO, he would have organized his team to account for the superiority of Ghana in the middle in the best way to get the result required without any fancy delusional football. That’s why I believe Rohr would have gotten the result needed from the two games. I'm sure no serious person now can deny the fact that we would have been better off with Rohr than Eguavoen. Even Eguavoen himself admits he didn’t support the sacking of Rohr.
We might just have to disagree on this one. The old Rohr would have qualified easily. I would moan about his style of play but still thought he should stay. But too often in his last year we conceeded too many chances. And we were getting into a spiral of poor performances.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:21 pmWe might just have to disagree on this one. The old Rohr would have qualified easily. I would moan about his style of play but still thought he should stay. But too often in his last year we conceeded too many chances. And we were getting into a spiral of poor performances.
Yet we were still getting the job done and qualifying as necessary...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:33 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:21 pmWe might just have to disagree on this one. The old Rohr would have qualified easily. I would moan about his style of play but still thought he should stay. But too often in his last year we conceeded too many chances. And we were getting into a spiral of poor performances.
Yes. But the performances against the likes of Cape Verde did not inspire confidence.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

**** had the following games at home

0-2 Loss to South Africa
0-1 loss to CAR
1-1 draw vs Cape Verde

let that sink in
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Baba is only demanding $1m for wrongful termination. That's a fair amount to both Sides. Payzzzz up! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:15 pm
Yes. But the performances against the likes of Cape Verde did not inspire confidence.
I hear you, but qualifying was his goal and he reached it. Allowing him to go to the ANC and then failure to reach the final as stipulated in his contract would have signaled a failure and confirm he's no longer meeting objectives so his position is no longer tenable in line with his contract...but firing him for subjective reasons was not smart on the NFF's part...I mean look at Egypt, were they inspiring confidence early in the ANC, but they did what they needed to do to get out of the group and then made it to the Finals in a very ****-like fashion, while Nigeria 'subjectively' played the more appealing footie in the same group and were considered the best 'looking' team in the group stages only to crash out when it mattered...we just can't predict what would have happened had he been allowed to continue...All we can say is he had hit all his targets up until that point...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:25 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:15 pm
I hear you, but qualifying was his goal and he reached it. Allowing him to go to the ANC and then failure to reach the final as stipulated in his contract would have signaled a failure and confirm he's no longer meeting objectives so his position is no longer tenable in line with his contract...but firing him for subjective reasons was not smart on the NFF's part...I mean look at Egypt, were they inspiring confidence early in the ANC, but they did what they needed to do to get out of the group and then made it to the Finals in a very ****-like fashion, while Nigeria 'subjectively' played the more appealing footie in the same group and were considered the best 'looking' team in the group stages only to crash out when it mattered...we just can't predict what would have happened had he been allowed to continue...All we can say is he had hit all his targets up until that point...
I agree that he qualified. There are always two positions and none is necessarily wrong. Without two goalkeeping errors we might well have been praising Eguavoen now. For me, the main issue is the NFF. We have to move on and focus on a solid managerial appointment, our friendlies and our AFCON qualifiers.