SUPER FALCONS VS USA (ROSTER)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: SUPER FALCONS VS USA (ROSTER)

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:31 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:33 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:55 am
jette1 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:02 pm Let me remind those of you calling for immediate dispatch of the old cargos, don’t forget they are the reasons SF have remained # in Africa for the last 10 Abi na 20+ years. They built that legacy and the least we could do for them is to gradually fed them away while making sure they voluntarily see that it’s time to hang up the boots. Haven said that I think right now the SF have the bests prospects going forward than even the SE. given the deep bench they and the overall program the Nff and with Waldrum in charge exposing the team to friendly opportunities like playing the US national team this frequent that wouldn’t otherwise happen if mama Caro and the omega fire ministers are in charge. Even the US themselves must have been surprised by the quality of opposition they got playing us last summer and figured they rather do this again than another boring game with Mexico or canada. This is not 1980 when most of africa were still beating their duaghters for playing football. We saw what happened in Morocco and we must now bring trump card to take over again
I totally agree
The transition should be gradual.
We tend to discard of players at an accelerated rate simply based on age.
You know we like this term, “tired legs”. :rotf:

Legs in a professional athlete should not be “tired” at 27, 28, yet we are hearing players like Ordega being described that way.
Maybe she’s had a dip in form or maybe, yes, there might be even better players coming through. But the majority of fans will make lousy coaches the way they push for the older players to be dropped.

Demehin, Onyenedize, and the other Falconets are exciting young talents but there’s also the experience they are gathering every day and with every game and you can’t buy that in the market.

Onome and Rita are in their mid to late 30s and have served us well but anyone that replaces them has to show that:
Raw Talent =/> Refined Talent + Experience.
I’m sorry boss but Ordega & Chikwelu are done. Ebi, Onome and Ayinde still have something to offer.
Didnt Ordega win WOTM in one of the WAFCON games?
I might be wrong though.
But I agree with you on Chikwelu.
She did and if you were active in the post game chat, we all agreed that maybe it was her boyfriend that was doing the nomination.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

jette1 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:32 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:33 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:55 am
jette1 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:02 pm Let me remind those of you calling for immediate dispatch of the old cargos, don’t forget they are the reasons SF have remained # in Africa for the last 10 Abi na 20+ years. They built that legacy and the least we could do for them is to gradually fed them away while making sure they voluntarily see that it’s time to hang up the boots. Haven said that I think right now the SF have the bests prospects going forward than even the SE. given the deep bench they and the overall program the Nff and with Waldrum in charge exposing the team to friendly opportunities like playing the US national team this frequent that wouldn’t otherwise happen if mama Caro and the omega fire ministers are in charge. Even the US themselves must have been surprised by the quality of opposition they got playing us last summer and figured they rather do this again than another boring game with Mexico or canada. This is not 1980 when most of africa were still beating their duaghters for playing football. We saw what happened in Morocco and we must now bring trump card to take over again
I totally agree
The transition should be gradual.
We tend to discard of players at an accelerated rate simply based on age.
You know we like this term, “tired legs”. :rotf:

Legs in a professional athlete should not be “tired” at 27, 28, yet we are hearing players like Ordega being described that way.
Maybe she’s had a dip in form or maybe, yes, there might be even better players coming through. But the majority of fans will make lousy coaches the way they push for the older players to be dropped.

Demehin, Onyenedize, and the other Falconets are exciting young talents but there’s also the experience they are gathering every day and with every game and you can’t buy that in the market.

Onome and Rita are in their mid to late 30s and have served us well but anyone that replaces them has to show that:
Raw Talent =/> Refined Talent + Experience.
I’m sorry boss but Ordega & Chikwelu are done. Ebi, Onome and Ayinde still have something to offer.
EBI & ONOME :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lol…I meant to say Ebi and Okobi. Man just woke up from morning sleep.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

packerland wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:30 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:04 am It is possible that Waldrum feels his main team is set and wants to use this friendly to discover capable backups and alternatives❗️

Cheers.
I’ve been a supporter of Waldrum, but if that is his thinking, then he needs to be let go. Even the USA that plays 5x more friendlies than us is not set. That are taking this match serious by including some of their veterans star players like Morgan & Rapinoe.
Our veteran star players are injured. Unless you know about some miracle cure for ham string injuries, you are being somewhat disingenuous❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:42 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:30 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:04 am It is possible that Waldrum feels his main team is set and wants to use this friendly to discover capable backups and alternatives❗️

Cheers.
I’ve been a supporter of Waldrum, but if that is his thinking, then he needs to be let go. Even the USA that plays 5x more friendlies than us is not set. That are taking this match serious by including some of their veterans star players like Morgan & Rapinoe.
Our veteran star players are injured. Unless you know about some miracle cure for ham string injuries, you are being somewhat disingenuous❗️

Cheers.
What does that have to do with me replying the comment that the coach feels his main team is set and is using the friendly to test backups? 🤦‍♂️