Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Post by bamenda boy »

Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

bamenda boy wrote:Image
Yeah cos Arsenal has never ever won a trophy..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hell before the Arabs Man City didn't even have a cabinet.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Ligamentum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:This captures these hard years of being a Gooner :ohmy:

Great great video. The work done has been remarkable. 9 million net in 10 year, yet in champions league every year. Wenger is the mastermind, and I love the old man like he was my very own father. Arsenal for life. Win or Not. The best part of the video, that %&**(#%!@(% from Man U was not in the video. :thumb:
Great video... :clap:

The Boss is back to work on Monday morning......there is only one Arsene Wenger. :thumbs:
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:
Ligamentum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:This captures these hard years of being a Gooner :ohmy:

Great great video. The work done has been remarkable. 9 million net in 10 year, yet in champions league every year. Wenger is the mastermind, and I love the old man like he was my very own father. Arsenal for life. Win or Not. The best part of the video, that %&**(#%!@(% from Man U was not in the video. :thumb:
Great video... :clap:

The Boss is back to work on Monday morning......there is only one Arsene Wenger. :thumbs:
If he doesn't start bringing in quality then it will be thanks for the Memories :idea:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

AFC must have sold their required seson ticket allocation.....cometh the transfer window....cometh the excuses :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsenal’s concern over transfer targets

Home » Football News » Premier League » Arsenal »
Arsenal’s concern over transfer targets
Date: 1st July 2013 at 12:02 pm
Written by Daniel Eyre

Wayne Rooney, Manchester United

Arsenal are concerned about their transfer targets Wayne Rooney and Gonzalo Higuain, according to The Daily Star.

The Gunners are close to signing Higuain for £20million, while the club have also made a bid of £20million for Manchester United forward Rooney.

But the club, who finished 4th in the Premier League last season, are worried that they won’t be able to outbid any teams also interested in the strike duo.
Despite being given a £70million transfer kitty, Wenger is unsure whether the club could win a bidding war for either forward.

Arsenal are the favourites to sign Higuain, but the deal has suddenly stalled, and both Juventus and Tottenham have shown an interest in the Real Madrid forward.

Meanwhile, Rooney has been linked with a move to PSG, Monaco and Chelsea, who all have rich financial backing. The Gunners, who finally turned their interest in the Englishman into a formal bid, fear that their competitors will outbid them to a point where the North London side have no response.

Rooney has started talks about his future with new manager David Moyes, who officially took over as Manchester United manager today.

The Red Devils aren’t keen on selling the forward to their Premier League rivals, but also don’t want to be stuck with an unhappy forward at the club.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal in shock Fernando Torres move

Post by cchinukw »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:Premier League - Paper Round: Arsenal in shock Fernando Torres move
Fernando Torres could make a shock move from Chelsea to Arsenal, according to a report in the Sunday People.

Eurosport – 2 hours 10 minutes ago

The story claims that new Chelsea Jose Mourinho only sees five players in his squad as indispensable and is ready to listen to offers for the rest.
That, says the People, is bad news for anyone not named Petr Cech, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Eden Hazard or Oscar.
And Arsenal are ready to end Torres's largely miserable time at Stamford Bridge - he would probably command something in the £15-20m range, having cost Chelsea £50m in 2011.

If the Spaniard moves across London, he will probably be joined by Gonzalo Higuain, who has seemingly been on the verge of completing a move from Real Madrid for weeks.
The delay over confirmation of the Higuain has led to much gallows humour among Arsenal fans desperate to see the club come good on their promise of a summer spending spree.
The Sunday Mirror reports on Arsene Wenger's pursuit of a third striker, Wayne Rooney. It claims Arsenal have made a £20m bid for the Manchester United star, sparking a bidding war against Chelsea, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.
Paper Round has never really thought much of the Rooney-to-Arsenal talk. It's true they seem genuinely prepared to splash the cash, and a fee of £20-25m is hardly prohibitive.
The stumbling block is surely Rooney's salary, which currently stand at £250,000 - a figure that would obliterate the Arsenal wage structure.
One man unlikely to be moving anywhere is Aston Villa's Christian Benteke, according to the Sunday Mirror.
Arsenal and Liverpool were among a host of clubs linked with the Belgian after a spectacular debut season in the Premier League.
However, Villa won't settle for a penny less than £25m for their top scorer - meaning clubs must look elsewhere.
The flip side of the Villa conundrum is their desire to get shot of former England man Darren Bent.
Once a £24m striker, Bent fell out of first-team contention thanks to Benteke's exploits, and The Sun claims Villa have not received a single offer for the ex-England man. Bent's £65,000-a-week pay packet represents the main turn-off for potential buyers, The Sun claims.
Yet more strikers now, and the Mail on Sunday reckons Chelsea have made a colossal £45m bid for Napoli's Edinson Cavani.
The offer comes in some way short of Cavani's £52m buy-out clause, with the Serie A side adamant Cavani will not leave for less.
The same paper reckons Manchester City have set their sights on Brazil and Fluminense man Fred after cooling their interest in Cavani, but the Sunday Mirror takes a different tack.
It claims the man in Manuel Pellegrini's sights is Sevilla's Alvaro Negredo, who could be theirs for £18m.
And we finish where we started, with Chelsea looking to offload an underperforming front man.
The Sunday Times believes West Bromwich Albion manager Steve Clarke is trying to persuade his old boss Jose Mourinho to let him have Demba Ba on loan for the season.
The Baggies took Romelu Lukaku on a highly successful loan deal from Chelsea last season, and the Belgian has now leapfrogged Ba in the Stamford Bridge pecking order.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/prem ... 35201.html
Hell no!!!! :boo: :blink:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

anikulapo wrote:Bia Nwokem na caught offside you dey use as source and even get the confido to put dia link as reference :shock: :rotf:
Bros, while ur at it make u use National Enquirer next time :taunt:
cchinukw wrote:Thank God

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/06/26 ... e-ceiling/

Fellaini is adept at getting forward, and netted a dozen goals in all competitions last term, but it’s in a more defensive midfield role that Wenger may be looking to use the powerful Everton man.

Arsenal lack bite in the centre of the park and Fellaini has himself talked up the possibility of becoming a more defensively minded player.

Wenger has not adequately replaced Alex Song, who left for Barcelona last summer, and Abou Diaby continues to suffer with injuries and poor form whilst Mikel Arteta, who was used primarily in a holding role in 2012/13, would benefit from the presence of a tough midfield partner, who could also offer protection to the likes of Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla.
Wenger is also set to make a move for Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina, who seems certain to leave Anfield following the arrival of Simon Mignolet from Sunderland.

The Spanish international is seen by Arsene Wenger as an ideal signing to become Arsenal’s first choice custodian following the Gunners boss’s loss of faith in young Pole Wojciech Szczesny who had a very average season last term.

Reina is thought to be open to a move to Arsenal and is reportedly keen to remain in the Premier League having settled in England, this despite growing speculation that the former Barcelona man may be seen as a long term replacement for Victor Valdes, who has publicly stated he is to leave the Nou Camp in a year’s time.

Pepe Reina will jump at the chance of a move to a side that can offer him Champions League football and a high profile move could even assist his push for a more prominent role in Vicente del Bosque’s Spanish national team set-up. The 30 year old has managed to collect just 28 caps since making his debut in 2005, seeing Iker Casillas take the lions share of attention, even during the period when he was left on the bench by Jose Mourinho in 2012/13.

Wenger is willing to offer up to £10m to land Reina, a bid that Liverpool may well accept as boss Brendan Rodgers needs to balance the books having already brought in four signings this summer and has plans to make further moves in the transfer window.

Arsenal are also set to offer Reina in excess of the £110k a week deal the experienced keeper is currently enjoying at Liverpool.

Reina has been a consistent Premier League performer and has racked up 394 appearances over the course of his eight seasons in Merseyside.
Nna, gossip na gossip. Just like the Higuan rumours telling us say na just to sign dotted lines remain.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Aj1211
Egg
Egg

Post by Aj1211 »

Arsenal bid have €23m bid for Lars Bender turned down by Bayer Leverkusen, according to Daily Mirror, quoting German media sources.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Arsenal confirms Yaya Sanogo.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

platinum wrote:Arsenal confirms Yaya Sanogo.
Nice one, about time something starts happening.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... joins-club
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Cally wrote:

next gen player :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Gooner1 wrote:
Cally wrote:

next gen player :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Have you seen him play? That statement you just made makes me think you have not watched him, or not long enough anyhow.

The U-20 WC is going on, watch him and see. He plays on a team with the likes of Zouma, Kondogbia, Pogba, Umtiti, Digne, Thauvin, etc...and he's probably been the star of that team. If Arsene brought in any of the mentioned names, you'd be smacking our lips like say you just finish six wraps of pounded yam and egusi solidified with two or three odeku.

Lets be objective...next gen? Not so much, instant star? Probably not either but good depth.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

@Platinum, Sonogo is a next gen player, and I have watched him play. If Arsenal is relying on Sonogo in anyway next season, we can forgot about the EPL title now.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Ohen, "titles", they were forgotten about years back, no one was ever going to be signed until the season tickets were sold and dead weights buried. It's all one big lie, the whitest of, the type that would need factor 40 sunblock on a summers day. The £70 million is just an over-stretched extrapolation on transfer fees recouped, wages saved, tickets sold etc. Its the prestige and Arsene is big Bob Angier. The greatest film trick on London soil.

So dark the con of fan.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Sanogo is not a next gen player, the next gen series is for Under 19's isn't it? Sanogo comes in to provide the depth behind Giroud and hopefully Higuain. Reports out of France about the boy are very good....he knows where the back of the net is, let us hope he fulfills his potential here.

The signings to strengthen the first XI will come in the coming days/weeks. Sanogo is a good pick-up for nothing......
To God be the glory
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Sonogo will need at least 1 or 2 years to acclimatize to the fast paced EPL. When I say next gen, I don't mean next gen the tournament. I mean a player for the future, not a player that we should count on to win the EPL next year. Anything we get from him is a bonus. He is a player that should start out in reserves, play some Carling cup games, play all of the pre-season games.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ohenhen1 wrote:@Platinum, Sonogo is a next gen player, and I have watched him play. If Arsenal is relying on Sonogo in anyway next season, we can forgot about the EPL title now.

You missed where i said he's going to provide depth??
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

platinum wrote:You missed where i said he's going to provide depth??
Hopefully 6 feet, a mound of gravel and a rusty hatchet for the back of Wenger's head. #therustiest
Last edited by Coach on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

ohenhen1 wrote:Sonogo will need at least 1 or 2 years to acclimatize to the fast paced EPL. When I say next gen, I don't mean next gen the tournament. I mean a player for the future, not a player that we should count on to win the EPL next year. Anything we get from him is a bonus. He is a player that should start out in reserves, play some Carling cup games, play all of the pre-season games.
I did not say we will count on him to win the EPL, that is exactly why we are going after players like Higuain, Rooney, Fellaini, Bender, Grenier etc etc

Acclimatization does not mean he cannot contribute as a squad player afterall Arsenal will play in 4 competitions CL, EPL, FA Cup and Carling Cup.......Sanogo will join his age mates like Chamberlain, Jenkinson, Eisfeld and possibly Miyaichi and Gnabry in and around the first team looking to take their chances when they get it.
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Boy this club really needs David Dein :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:Boy this club really needs David Dein :curse:
Na today you notice am?
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner could finally end his long stay at Arsenal this week, with Eintracht Frankfurt ready to sign the 25-year-old.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.