Man united 1- Rashford - man city 2 Silva, Otamendi FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man united vs man city 0-0

Post by Cristao II »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:For those who pay attention to words by certain media pundits.. here is an example of how utterly stupid they can be. Evidence - Robbie Savage.
That goal is thoroughly deserved for Manchester City.

It was a great corner in, if poorly defended by United. Ashley Young was playing Silva onside and the Spaniard gambled before hooking it in.

City are dominant, United look clueless.
United look clueless according to him. 30 secs later, United score!! His words ...
Game on!
nothing wrong with what he wrote

he is 100% correct
Jose Mourinho is anything but a clueless manager! You a fan of Man Utd should know that. Now he can deliberately play very stifling football but that is a different matter.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

tfco wrote:
mmeny wrote:Mourinho and his $#% on stick football... Man United has all this attacking players but he rather cower in his penalty box.
honestly some of his decisions puzzle me

playing a high line is fine

BUT sitting back against the team with the most goals in the league....i cannot understand

LOL!! You guys are funny. So what would be your game plan instead against the team with the most goals in the league and which personnel would execute that game plan for you?
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Like I said, United has the players to fight City. The fact that they chose to play like cowards all half is shocking.

Cmon why is it surprising you? They are executing exactly as directed.
It is not surprising me, and of course they are! That is what is frustrating. This United team can dismantle City, not because City is bad (City is the best team in the league) but because United actually has have the players that are antidotes to City.

I have watched Mourinho for more than a decade, i know exactly what to expect in big games. His play book is:

first half - hold, and keep at 0-0
second half - surprise them and hit them

OR

first half - come out and hit them score
second half - hold.

he has been doing that for more than a decade.

The most frustrating about this game is that they are holding, yet, City is creating chances left right and center.. easily. So why hold? Why not just blist them with the weapons you have? Look at how they blasted city in 5 minutes and scored.. with ease!

Trust me, this United team is not great, but they have the tools to destroy City.
Thank goodness you finally see the simple point we have been trying to make. It is similar to someone with a Formula 1 car driving 25mps in the fast lane. It makes NO SENSE whatsoever.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote: The most frustrating about this game is that they are holding, yet, City is creating chances left right and center.. easily. So why hold? Why not just blist them with the weapons you have? Look at how they blasted city in 5 minutes and scored.. with ease!

Trust me, this United team is not great, but they have the tools to destroy City.
thank you

City is misplacing passes left and right. the same City that is being praised for Brazil '74 football.

attack them and we win.

Arsenal game last week was tougher than this

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

theDunamis wrote:
tfco wrote:
mmeny wrote:Mourinho and his $#% on stick football... Man United has all this attacking players but he rather cower in his penalty box.

BUT sitting back against the team with the most goals in the league....i cannot understand

LOL!! You guys are funny. So what would be your game plan instead against the team with the most goals in the league and which personnel would execute that game plan for you?
Wait for the FIFA, FM and PES football managers to yarn ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

theDunamis wrote:
tfco wrote:

how funny?

attack attack attack.

City is vulnerable at the back
KDB is having a sub par game....he's been quiet lately

Sitting back and allowing Sterling and Sane to run at you- that's madness

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theDunamis wrote:
tfco wrote:

Stop this BS excuses you people keep making for that $#% on a stick coach!!! Man u has scored 26 goals this season and has conceded LESS than city so find another excuse!!! :roll:

Ps. the rat in red is being sarcastic in his response.
Last edited by metalalloy on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

tfco wrote:
theDunamis wrote:
tfco wrote:

how funny?

attack attack attack.

City is vulnerable at the back
KDB is having a sub par game....he's been quiet lately

Sitting back and allowing Sterling and Sane to run at you- that's madness
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:
theDunamis wrote:
tfco wrote:

evidently you are not watching the game

see the drive from United after City scored.

I no go lie, this City lineup today is very very beatable

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man united vs man city 1-1 Silva, Rashford

Post by danfo driver »

Put Martial on Walker and Walker is getting a red card!

If I am the coach, i'll call Martial to the side and sau if Walker is not sent off in 10 minutes, I am subbing you.

No excuse for a defender to get an early yellow and play the full game. It just shows that the other team does not know how to win. this is where i respect Barcelona. They will get you sent off with ease
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:Put Martial on Walker and Walker is getting a red card!

If I am the coach, i'll call Martial to the side and sau if Walker is not sent off in 10 minutes, I am subbing you.

No excuse for a defender to get an early yellow and play the full game. It just shows that the other team does not know how to win. this is where i respect Barcelona. They will get you sent off with ease
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

City are so vulnerable, i hope mourinho talks sense into their head but i think he is actually the problem giving so much respect to city, give martial and rashford tje freesom to attack, maybe bring zlatan and take out lingard for the aerial balls
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

if we set up the same way as the 1H, City is winning this.

play the same way as we did the final 5 mins...we win this

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
theDunamis wrote:
tfco wrote:

evidently you are not watching the game

see the drive from United after City scored.

I no go lie, this City lineup today is very very beatable
Why do you think I said I would watch second half. I knew Jose when he was manager at Inter... First half is the usual touchy feelly part.. second half that is when I fully intend to watch madness - If you notice Aguero is also on the bench.. I dont know if that is due to injury ..

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

metalalloy wrote:
theDunamis wrote:
tfco wrote:

Stop this BS excuses you people keep making for that $#% on a stick coach!!! Man u has scored 26 goals this season and has conceded LESS than city so find another excuse!!! :roll:
It was a very simple question but of course you have no answer to it and you resort to your trite and pet hate for Mourinho. The question stands and if you have no answer to it, shut up and move on.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

25% possession i don't even care. City will always win possession

BUT City have 31 touches in the United box. that is where i fault Jose.

we have 2 touches in their box

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Everyone brings your tools to the park! If we lose today, its because of Mourinho Anti football! Let rashford, lingard and martial run at city defences, Lukaku has been anonnymous so far , take them on and lose with pride please, i dont care about 3 points, just go out and play and we are playing at home, what the heck
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theDunamis wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
theDunamis wrote:
tfco wrote:

It was a very simple question but of course you have no answer to it and you resort to your trite and pet hate for Mourinho. The question stands and if you have no answer to it, shut up and move on.

Is there anything incorrect about the FACTS that were laid out in my response? You have the second highest GD in the league and have conceeded LESS than the free scoring team you are terrified of. So again, keep on making trite excuses for the $#% on a stick coach all in the name of idol worship :rotf: :rotf:

theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

marko wrote:Everyone brings your tools to the park! If we lose today, its because of Mourinho Anti football! Let rashford, lingard and martial run at city defences, Lukaku has been anonnymous so far , take them on and lose with pride please, i dont care about 3 points, just go out and play and we are playing at home, what the heck

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The highlight says it all. You guys are funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

City need to upgrade some players.
Sterling comes to mind. But he is English, pricey, ....

Mourinho is too cautious. He has the players to hurt City, but he is also pragmatic.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

At the first sign of attack, city are suddenly jittery, it means they are vulnerable as well, please do not park the bus 2nd half

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

marko wrote:At the first sign of attack, city are suddenly jittery, it means they are vulnerable as well, please do not park the bus 2nd half
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kabalega wrote:City need to upgrade some players.
Sterling comes to mind. But he is English, pricey, ....

Mourinho is too cautious. He has the players to hurt City, but he is also pragmatic.
Haha don't let the cowering clowns writing above you to even consider that possibility. :rotf: