YAKUBU IS NIGERIA'S BEST PLAYER AT THE MOMENT!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:Dr. GOTTI, how do you explain the discrepancy between your version of the reason Yakubu was excluded which are not based on any factual evidence, and Onigbinde's version below?
Dude, while I did not actually proffer any "version of the reason" for Aiyegbeni's exclusion from the WC 2002 squad, any purported "discrepancy" that you decipher may be because my posts were grounded in FACTS and not opinion. I merely proffered the reported FACTS regarding Aiyegbeni's eye surgery and its reported limitations on his availability for pre-WC 2002 friendlies. Onigbinde's subsequent judgment is entirely his.

FACT ONE: Aiyegbeni had eye surgery and returned to full training in mid-May 2002.
FACT TWO: Because of his surgery, Aiyegbeni was limited to the last pre-WC game.
FACT THREE: Aiyegbeni scored two goals (both in one game) in the 8 games of WCQ 2002!

The fact that Oliseh OPINED that Aiyegbeni was a "leading scorer" (which is a far cry from single-handedly qualifying Nigeria for the 2002 WC) does not change the FACT that Aiyegbeni only scored 2 of Nigeria's 19 WCQ goals in a single game out of Nigeria's 10 WCQs (including the prelim round against Eritrea) -- the same number of goals as the much-pilloried Ben Akwuegbu (and Okocha and 2 goals less than Kanu)!

<
This wont be the first time that your facts have changed under overwhelming "counter" facts.

So which "fact" should we believe?

Onigbinde's fact which says he left Aiyegbemi out of the WC list because he had conflicting report about the player's health, a FACT that is stated clearly in the 4th paragraph of the Thisday article posted above (and in this link).

http://www.thisdayonline.com/archive/20 ... spo06.html

Or Your fact which is that, although Aiyegbemi had recovered from the eye Surgery, he did not return to training until the May 18th friendly which did not leave Onigbinde enough time to include him in the WC list. Why didn't you let us know all this while that you were moonlighting as the team doctor and assistant coach the same time you were posting here daily, or how else could you have known the "real" reason Onigbinde excluded Aiyegbemi from list, eventhough Onigbinde himself gave a different reason?

It seems while you are busy deconstructing other people's hubris, yours are busy deconstructing themselves. Abeg begin pay more attention to your own hubris o! :lol:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:
YeyeMan v4 wrote: Osaze just returned from injury.
I was going to draw MBLACK's attention to that fact...
But did not have any unripe plantains to attract his attention. :lol:

<
:lol: :lol:

Here kitty, kitty, kitty!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:This wont be the first time that your facts have changed under overwhelming "counter" facts.

So which "fact" should we believe?

Onigbinde's fact which says he left Aiyegbemi out of the WC list because he had conflicting report about the player's health, a FACT that is stated clearly in the 4th paragraph of the Thisday article posted above (and in this link).
Huh?! :shock:

And what do I have to do with "Onigbinde's fact"?! I am Onigbinde?
Dude, just in case it slipped your mind, you are actually the person citing "Onigbinde's fact".

1naija wrote:Or Your fact which is that, although Aiyegbemi had recovered from the eye Surgery, he did not return to training until the May 18th friendly which did not leave Onigbinde enough time to include him in the WC list. Why didn't you let us know all this while that you were moonlighting as the team doctor and assistant coach the same time you were posting here daily, or how else could you have known the "real" reason Onigbinde excluded Aiyegbemi from list, eventhough Onigbinde himself gave a different reason?
Double huh?! :shock: :shock:

Dude, I never stated that Yakubu returned to training on May 18. I posted a news report that had him returning to training in "mid-May" -- and I dearly hope that you realize that being a "team doctor" is not a necessary prerequisite to read public newspapers!

Furthermore, my assertion that the game against Jamaica was played on May 18th is based on being physically present at the game (together with MD, Waffiman, Ayo, Ola and several other CEs) -- a circumstance for which being an "assistant coach" is not required!

Finally, for seeming the zillionth time, I never averred any "version of any reason" for Yakubu's exclusion. I merely elightened you regarding his reported surgery and the pre-WC games for which he was reportedly available. Onigbinde's judgment remain entirely his.

<
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Gotti wrote:
WINNERMAN wrote:Thanks for the link,l sure didnt have that. Whatever information was in it did not an anyway invalidate my point.
Dude, not quite sure what "point" you are trying to make...
But my point (which you disputed) was that Onigbinde called Yakubu promptly post eye-surgery.

It should be noted that Yakubu reportedly returned to training in mid-May 2002, following his surgery (not the same day, as you seek to make a "point" of), which limited him to one pre-WC friendly against Jamaica on May 18, 2002, within a few days of his return to post-surgery training, with the WC 2002 list deadline following the very next day on May 19.

<

The point is the eye surgery was not the reason he was dropped,it was the excuse. The report you posted clearly showed that he was fully recovered from the eye surgery.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

WINNERMAN wrote:
Gotti wrote:
WINNERMAN wrote:Thanks for the link,l sure didnt have that. Whatever information was in it did not an anyway invalidate my point.
Dude, not quite sure what "point" you are trying to make...
But my point (which you disputed) was that Onigbinde called Yakubu promptly post eye-surgery.

It should be noted that Yakubu reportedly returned to training in mid-May 2002, following his surgery (not the same day, as you seek to make a "point" of), which limited him to one pre-WC friendly against Jamaica on May 18, 2002, within a few days of his return to post-surgery training, with the WC 2002 list deadline following the very next day on May 19.

<

The point is the eye surgery was not the reason he was dropped,it was the excuse. The report you posted clearly showed that he was fully recovered from the eye surgery.
Winnerman, so what was the reason for dropping him...?
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."