Vogts and General Trousers Vindicated

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

football agent
Egg
Egg
Vogts and General Trousers Vindicated

Post by football agent »

A journey coach with many journey players are in the finals. When GT introduces some unknown players he is laughed at. Cameroon’s coach is much worse than Vogts but he led the team to the finals. If the players don’t have full concentration and fighting sprit for the whole full 90 minutes, there is no coach that will make them do so.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

precisely the point been trying to make for some CE people

BV did not lead to Nigeria downfall, the players lacked the classd required to suceed at the highest level
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Vogts and General Trousers Vindicated

Post by green4life »

football agent wrote:A journey coach with many journey players are in the finals. When GT introduces some unknown players he is laughed at. Cameroon’s coach is much worse than Vogts but he led the team to the finals. If the players don’t have full concentration and fighting sprit for the whole full 90 minutes, there is no coach that will make them do so.
... and our coach is not required to have concentration for 90mins?
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

green4life wrote:
football agent wrote:A journey coach with many journey players are in the finals. When GT introduces some unknown players he is laughed at. Cameroon’s coach is much worse than Vogts but he led the team to the finals. If the players don’t have full concentration and fighting sprit for the whole full 90 minutes, there is no coach that will make them do so.

Dis ting, e weak me O... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
fledi
Egg
Egg

Post by fledi »

I agree with you Marko. I know that BV is not a good coach, but, this present crop of SE lack class. There is no player on the rteam that has quality let alone desire or passion to play fro Nigeria. I really like Egyptian approach. They hire a quality local coach and rely more on hone grown talent. I have always been against Gotti and many others who have advocated for a foreign coach. I have been very wrong, Nigeria needs a qualified Nigerian to be our coach. I see someone like Mike Emenalo who is the chief scout for Chelsea as one who can coach the SE along with Siasia and Oliseh. We need to build around homebased with a cuople of dedicated overseas players for the SE.
fledi
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

fledi wrote:I agree with you Marko. I know that BV is not a good coach, but, this present crop of SE lack class. There is no player on the rteam that has quality let alone desire or passion to play fro Nigeria. I really like Egyptian approach. They hire a quality local coach and rely more on hone grown talent. I have always been against Gotti and many others who have advocated for a foreign coach. I have been very wrong, Nigeria needs a qualified Nigerian to be our coach. I see someone like Mike Emenalo who is the chief scout for Chelsea as one who can coach the SE along with Siasia and Oliseh. We need to build around homebased with a cuople of dedicated overseas players for the SE.
Abeg if na joke stop am. becos d guy is one of many scouts at Chelsea that qualifys him to coach the National team?? :? :roll:
YNWA
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

heavyd wrote:
fledi wrote:I agree with you Marko. I know that BV is not a good coach, but, this present crop of SE lack class. There is no player on the rteam that has quality let alone desire or passion to play fro Nigeria. I really like Egyptian approach. They hire a quality local coach and rely more on hone grown talent. I have always been against Gotti and many others who have advocated for a foreign coach. I have been very wrong, Nigeria needs a qualified Nigerian to be our coach. I see someone like Mike Emenalo who is the chief scout for Chelsea as one who can coach the SE along with Siasia and Oliseh. We need to build around homebased with a cuople of dedicated overseas players for the SE.
Abeg if na joke stop am. becos d guy is one of many scouts at Chelsea that qualifys him to coach the National team?? :? :roll:

Abi :roll: :roll:
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

How can any sane person in his right mind have desire or passion to play for such a jungle nation?? Are you in your right mind at all??
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

green4life wrote:
The problem with you guys is that when the team wins, it is thanks to the players but when they lose it is because of the coach...

To do well, a team needs a lot of factors to come together: coaching, players, organization, and luck.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
spiro9210
Egg
Egg

Post by spiro9210 »

green4life wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Gotti has never advocated for an FC. You must be shadow boxing. I feel that Vogts gave every one a fair shake. Players like Uche and Ishiaku should be very happy. Yakubu, Makinwa, Yobo and Utaka were disappointing (and I am big fans of them all). This opens the door to others like Ishiaku, Ofere, Promise, Olufemi, Audu Mohammed, Kelechi Osunwa and many others. That said I think Kelechi Osunwa is a special player.

We need to establish a winning tradition and it has more to do with developing and marketing our local league rather than employing an FC. That said there is no quick fix.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

marko wrote:precisely the point been trying to make for some CE people

BV did not lead to Nigeria downfall, the players lacked the classd required to suceed at the highest level

Well, i didn't select the players for him, did I?
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Vincent. wrote:
green4life wrote:
The problem with you guys is that when the team wins, it is thanks to the players but when they lose it is because of the coach...

To do well, a team needs a lot of factors to come together: coaching, players, organization, and luck.
Somebody is responsible for the success or failure of the team. That person is the coach, Vogts in this case. we cannot run away from that.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Soldier of Fortune...
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

I beg we need our new players NOW! ooh.. ah ah...