Eto'o threatens to quit Barca becoz of lack of team success

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Eto'o threatens to quit Barca becoz of lack of team success

Post by Comrade Machel »

Cant blame the dude. After they won the CL and La Liga and strengthened the team we all thought they would rule the world but have become progressively poorer. Looks like the wheels are coming off what with Ac Milan and Barca admitting they are in talks over Ronaldinho too :cry: :cry: :cry:

Samuel Eto'o set to quit Barcelona for trophies
By Steve Wilson
Last Updated: 9:13am BST 21/04/2008

Have your say Read comments

At the start of a week that will define Barcelona's season, striker Samuel Eto'o has threatened to leave the club to fulfil his ambition of winning more medals.

Mark Hughes: Time for Sir Alex to rule again
In pics: Premier League action | Manchester United homepage
Football fans' forum
After a tepid 0-0 draw with city rivals Espanyol at the weekend effectively ruled them out of the Spanish title race, Barcelona host Manchester United on Wednesday knowing the Champions League represents their only chance of silverware this season.

Show me the medals: Samuel Eto'o is frustrated with a lack of silverware at Barcelona
Another disappointing season for the Catalans, who won a domestic and Champions League double in 2006, has been characterised by in-fighting both on and off the pitch.

And Eto'o's discontent ahead of the Champions League semi-final first leg at the Nou Camp adds further to the impression of a club at odds with itself.

"If we continue like this next year," said Eto'o in the wake of the Espanyol game, "then I will have to leave and go somewhere else. I have to win trophies."

The damaging draw, which leaves Barcelona trailing Real Madrid by nine points, also came at the expense of another minor injury to midfielder Andres Iniesta who took a knock to his knee and is rated doubtful for Wednesday's match.

advertisement
"Right now Iniesta is our best player," said Eto'o.

"We need him to be fit. And if Lionel Messi is on form it will be like having a PlayStation footballer in our team."

Messi played his first 45 minutes of first-team football in the second half of the weekend's league match after recovering from a thigh injury aggravated during a Champions League victory over Celtic last month.

The only genuine rival for Cristiano Ronaldo's mantle as the best player in the world, Messi is vital to Barcelona's chances of beating United over the two legs.

The lay-off came as a result of the 20-year-old Argentine's fourth serious injury in his short career but he reassured Barcelona's fans by saying simply: "I'm ready."

Messi transformed a lacklustre Barcelona side after his introduction at half-time, even if he was unable to tease out a victory that would have kept their title hopes alive.

"I felt happy at the end because I found a good rhythm," said Messi. "I have been unable to play for a little while so I was really eager.

"Obviously I have more desire to play in the first leg against Manchester United because of what it means.

"Maybe the fans are waiting for me to show what I can do on Wednesday. I am calm and have so much desire to be at my best and offer my team the things I can bring on the pitch."
socrates
Egg
Egg

Post by socrates »

It wouldn't be a bad thing to see Eto'o in the EPL... for Arsenal, Liverpool or Manu

He'd be a great success in the EPL
nwoke-ogbunka

Post by nwoke-ogbunka »

socrates wrote:It wouldn't be a bad thing to see Eto'o in the EPL... for Arsenal, Liverpool or Manu

He'd be a great success in the EPL
And when they dont make it to the top of the table he'll quit again.

Mr I quit!
:roll:
notorious bi.....G

Post by notorious bi.....G »

He should come to Arsenal.
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

notorious bi.....G wrote:He should come to Arsenal.
A beg etoo wants to win trophies not play sexy unproductive football...as for that one he has done it nown for 2 years!!! The only clubs in the EPL he could go to are Man U and Chelsea....
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
notorious bi.....G

kamerun wrote:
notorious bi.....G wrote:He should come to Arsenal.
A beg etoo wants to win trophies not play sexy unproductive football...as for that one he has done it nown for 2 years!!! The only clubs in the EPL he could go to are Man U and Chelsea....
his goals would get us trophies! :wink:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Wonder how Rijkaard sleeps at night seeing things fall apart like this

He should resign with the final kick of the season and let someone else have a go
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Maximilien Robespierre wrote:Wonder how Rijkaard sleeps at night seeing things fall apart like this

He should resign with the final kick of the season and let someone else have a go
Right and I guess Rijkaard wants things to be like this.. :roll:

Look you are not guaranteed nothing in life, hard times comes but you gotta stick up and try to improve, besides there's no guarantee that if Eto'o moves to his new club he will win anything more than he's been winning at Barcelona.
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
notorious bi.....G

Maximilien Robespierre wrote:Wonder how Rijkaard sleeps at night seeing things fall apart like this

even if he wins the UCL he should leave! He has done terribly this year ojare!
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

notorious bi.....G wrote:

What about Wenger, should he leave, after dragging Arsenal down for years, he's still there, nonsense.. :lol:
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

No man who claims to love Barcelona can with a straight face deny that things have been disastrous of late. Yes etoo is not guaranteed winning wherever he goes but it least he will live in hope something that is now a scarce commodity at Barcelona under Rijkaard

Also wonder how much Ronaldinho if leaving has anything to do with disillusion. Dont bother talking about wenger here, we talking about serous teams here

notorious bi.....G

Killa Adjei wrote:

What about Wenger, should he leave, after dragging Arsenal down for years, he's still there, nonsense.. :lol:
Foolish angel*! :roll: I have told you already that Wenger failed us this year, but even so it wasn't on the levels of Rijkaard! Where were you when they dropped points again this weekend! :lol: Please, if Wenger had half of what Rijkaard had to spend every summer AFC would be winning the UCL every year! Imagine doing so poorly with Henry,Messi,Iniesta,Ronaldinho and Eto'o! Rijkaard, the symbol of failure!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Maximilien Robespierre wrote:No man who claims to love Barcelona can with a straight face deny that things have been disastrous of late. Yes etoo is not guaranteed winning wherever he goes but it least he will live in hope something that is now a scarce commodity at Barcelona under Rijkaard

Also wonder how much Ronaldinho if leaving has anything to do with disillusion. Dont bother talking about wenger here, we talking about serous teams here
I agree with you Rijkaard is not the man for the job but there's no guarantee that any new coach will bring trophies, just like there's no guarantee that Eto'o or anybody will get trophies if they go to new clubs..

Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Killa Adjei wrote:

Foolish angel*! :roll: I have told you already that Wenger failed us this year, but even so it wasn't on the levels of Rijkaard! Where were you when they dropped points again this weekend! :lol: Please, if Wenger had half of what Rijkaard had to spend every summer AFC would be winning the UCL every year! Imagine doing so poorly with Henry,Messi,Iniesta,Ronaldinho and Eto'o! Rijkaard, the symbol of failure!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No wonder why some don't consider Arsenal a big club, y'all will settle for mediocrity no matter what, Rijkaard has 2 bad seasons and he will be leaving, Wenger can do whatever he want and go trophyless as long as he wants but clowns like you will continue making excuses for the man, afterall Wenger knows right, nonsense, continue living in delusion...

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Killa we all love Rijkaard to bits but he is now out new ideas to take the team forward. With the way madrid kept letting us come back into the title race, we should have had La Liga wrapped up by now but instead we going to have to play CL qualifiers if finish 3rd :twisted: :twisted:
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Maximilien Robespierre wrote:Killa we all love Rijkaard to bits but he is now out new ideas to take the team forward. With the way madrid kept letting us come back into the title race, we should have had La Liga wrapped up by now but instead we going to have to play CL qualifiers if finish 3rd :twisted: :twisted:
I agree but the whole team has being so mediocre, they haven't shown any heart, Rijkaard should go, Madrid gave them too many chances to overtake them but they always screwed up, even if Rijkaard wins CL they need a chance over there..

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Killa Adjei wrote:
Maximilien Robespierre wrote:Killa we all love Rijkaard to bits but he is now out new ideas to take the team forward. With the way madrid kept letting us come back into the title race, we should have had La Liga wrapped up by now but instead we going to have to play CL qualifiers if finish 3rd :twisted: :twisted:
I agree but the whole team has being so mediocre, they haven't shown any heart, Rijkaard should go, Madrid gave them too many chances to overtake them but they always screwed up, even if Rijkaard wins CL they need a chance over there..

That sir is why Rijkaard i too blame because he is the gaffer and the buck stops with him. I unlike many here dont actually agree that man u play particularly scintilating football but i will be the first to admit they know how to win and their manager knows how to motivite his players womthing Rijakaard clearly doesnt
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Eto'o is also very guilty for Barca's poor season. He's been missing too many chances too.......If u saw the match against Espanyol, u will realise. FR desk is where the buck stops. Just look @ barca's roaster! And they can't beat anyone! ManU is on a high now.......The key to success here is making sure they don't concede any goal @ camp nou and hand over this game to Messi. They have a better chance of winning @ OT
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

For me the key is Abidal (how he handles Cron), Henry is he shows up with his game hat on and the midfield because man u will run them ragged

Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Maximilien Robespierre wrote:
Killa Adjei wrote:

That sir is why Rijkaard i too blame because he is the gaffer and the buck stops with him. I unlike many here dont actually agree that man u play particularly scintilating football but i will be the first to admit they know how to win and their manager knows how to motivite his players womthing Rijakaard clearly doesnt
Nicely said..

notorious bi.....G

Killa Adjei wrote:
Killa Adjei wrote:

Nicely said..
so you think Rijkaard has to go????? :P
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Maximilien Robespierre wrote:For me the key is Abidal (how he handles Cron), Henry is he shows up with his game hat on and the midfield because man u will run them ragged

I don't really think ManU will run them ragged....its about ManU ruggedness and win @ all cost attitude. Expect a lot of crosses as usual into barca's box cos the CDs are softies.....Milito, Marquez and Puyol.....Rooney will play so much physical game with them. Abidal or Zambrotta can pocket Cron but he cuts in that's what he does. This is not a game for those kids, Bojan and GDS; Barca has paid a heavy price accommodating them learning on the job!
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Killa Adjei wrote:
Killa Adjei wrote:

Nicely said..
so you think Rijkaard has to go????? :P
Actually I do unlike you clowns at Arsenal who will keep Wenger at Arsenal because he will make profits for the club even with all his miserables failures.. :lol: