Videos of Etim Esin in his Days

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Videos of Etim Esin in his Days

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ikwereman u are not the sharpest knife in the drawer
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

ikwerreman wrote:
PapaK wrote:do you guys know that Etim Esin never scored 1 goal for Nigeria? Not a single goal. Etim-Esin-the-great is a fabble. It never existed. He's the perfect synonym for over-hype.

That is not true
then why not tell us in what match he scored for the eagles.I'm not talking U-20, I mean the eagles. I really dont understand the basis for his proclaimed greatness. This man didnt even achieve what Dimeji Lawal achieved :evil:
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Papak,

Both players were great players while they played for Naija. If you read Itatex piece on Etim. It says it all. It was just unfortunate Etim made the wrong choices in his career something he himself has stated in the past with a lot of regret. JJ no doubt exceeded all expectations and rose up to become Nigeria's best player during his time. People also seem to forget JJ wasn't discovered playing in Naija but in Germany. Remember that freekick against Algeria WC qualifier in Lagos that brought him into prominence. That was when Naija's finally saw who JJ was. Etim would have gone to become a great player but at the end of the day, it's not about the talents you have but about the decisions you make on and off the field. Either way. Both players should be commended for what they did for their countries each time they wore the SE jersey.

PapaK wrote:do you guys know that Etim Esin never scored 1 goal for Nigeria? Not a single goal. Etim-Esin-the-great is a fabble. It never existed. He's the perfect synonym for over-hype.
Soldier of Fortune...
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

ikwerreman wrote:
Al B Sure wrote:
Well FACT he was voted the best player at a nations cup, and he was the top scorer as well FACT!

When he was at Frankfurt, he played for the team i watched him, and Uwe Bein (Remember him)? Stated that JJ made the team tick!

When he was at Fernabache, He played for the team (Well am sure the Manchester United Players will remember that from their Champions league match!!!!!!

Okocha could not be Regular in Westerhof team because we already had an established attacking Mid fielder, (Mutiu Adepoju) and Okocha was just coming into the team he was hardly gioing to get an automatic shirt (Same with people like Finidih, Ikpeba, Even Oliseh was moved to the right on his debue against Ethiopia)

PSG signed him and Ronaldinho and Ronaldinho was on the bench! (This makes me laugh. Odegbami did not play in Europe, does that mean he is a bad player? Etim Esin did not play for any title contending team does that make him a bad player, Cannigia did not play for a title contending team does that make him a bad player, Yekini did not play for a title contending team does that make him a bad player? Yeboah did not play for a title contending team does that mean he was a bad player? Djemba Djemba played for a title contending team does that make him a great player? Gbenga Okunowo played for Barcelona does that make him our greatest player? What about Aliu Mohammed that played for AC MIlan?) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D WOW! I should not laugh this kind of logic should be inducing tears and embarassment!

Like i said, sometimes it is not worth it to argue, but when people that are suppose to know better starts massaging the facts, it is good to step in every now and again!!!

So Okocha's claim to fame was winning the Olympic Gold?
Even Tesilim Fatunsi won the same gold.
And again he won the Cup of Nations in 1994? Even Isaac Semitoje won the Cup of Nations that same year, but where did his out of the World skills take him?
Frankfurt? Fernabache, PSG, Bolton Wanderers, Hull City... Are you joking or what?
Ok another claim to fame was that while he played at PSG Ronaldinho was on the bench then what happened when they both left? One went to Barcelona and the other to Bolton.
If he was as good as nigerians said he was, how come to big club in any big country wanted him?
And again i did not say he was a bad player, he just was not all that. He was a circus clown, playing for himself and not the team or else he would have played for at least two big clubs in his life time.
Okunowo and Mohammed signed for those clubs but hardly got games so they are not really in that league.
Players like Nwankwo Kanu, John Mikel Obi, Taribo West, Sunday Oliseh, Finidi George are Nigeria's great players.
In Odegbami's time he may not have made it to Europe but at least where he was he played for a top three club, same as Chukwu and the rest in that generation.
Okocha... if he was in Odegbami;s days would have been dribbling players while in the colours of Alyufsalam rocks and KWASU Bombers and some of you would have still claimed he was all that.
And again, you do not have to agree with me just as i have not agreed with you without insulting you.
Let us learn to be civil on this site

Here i was thinking you had anything to add, but you have just regurgitated what you said before :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Incredible. I will be mindful the next time i pick up a local sport paper. :(

Frankfurt (Check) Fernabache (Check) PSG (Check) Boltyon (Check) Hullcity (Check)

Yes that was his football Journey and a very good one.

A Nigerian journalist is telling me on CE that a player's ability solely depends on the club he played for :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D John Oshea plays for Man U :D Eboue Plays for Arsenal :D Penant played for Liverpool :D Geremi Played for Real Madrid :D

Again i add despairingly what on earth is your point? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

A circus Clown Cannot be voted BEST Player and at the same time be the top scorer at the Nations cup :D :D :D :D :D (Oh this is FACT -as in it is the truth :D by the way) Not mere opinion. So yet again what is exactly your point? :D

PS i will just add a little side note here :D :D :D :D :D What happened to Rivaldo when he left Barcelona? Yeah i guess he is/was a circus clown :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Al B Sure on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

MI5 wrote:Papak,

Both players were great players while they played for Naija. If you read Itatex piece on Etim. It says it all. It was just unfortunate Etim made the wrong choices in his career something he himself has stated in the past with a lot of regret. JJ no doubt exceeded all expectations and rose up to become Nigeria's best player during his time. People also seem to forget JJ wasn't discovered playing in Naija but in Germany. Remember that freekick against Algeria WC qualifier in Lagos that brought him into prominence. That was when Naija's finally saw who JJ was. Etim would have gone to become a great player but at the end of the day, it's not about the talents you have but about the decisions you make on and off the field. Either way. Both players should be commended for what they did for their countries each time they wore the SE jersey.
KPOM
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Enugu II wrote:
ikwerreman wrote: So Okocha's claim to fame was winning the Olympic Gold?
And again he won the Cup of Nations in 1994? Even Isaac Semitoje won the Cup of Nations that same year, but where did his out of the World skills take him?
Frankfurt? Fernabache, PSG, Bolton Wanderers, Hull City... Are you joking or what?
Ok another claim to fame was that while he played at PSG Ronaldinho was on the bench then what happened when they both left? One went to Barcelona and the other to Bolton.
If he was as good as nigerians said he was, how come to big club in any big country wanted him?
And again i did not say he was a bad player, he just was not all that. He was a circus clown, playing for himself and not the team or else he would have played for at least two big clubs in his life time.
Okunowo and Mohammed signed for those clubs but hardly got games so they are not really in that league.
Players like Nwankwo Kanu, John Mikel Obi, Taribo West, Sunday Oliseh, Finidi George are Nigeria's great players.
In Odegbami's time he may not have made it to Europe but at least where he was he played for a top three club, same as Chukwu and the rest in that generation.
Okocha... if he was in Odegbami;s days would have been dribbling players while in the colours of Alyufsalam rocks and KWASU Bombers and some of you would have still claimed he was all that.
And again, you do not have to agree with me just as i have not agreed with you without insulting you.
IKMAN:

I've got to tell you that I find the comparison between Etim and Okocha as a joke, really. Etim was a fine player but really cannot be compared to Okocha. You have to ask yourself, what really did Etim achieve, dominate the U-20? What really did he do at the SE level? These are pertinent questions. I will be surprised if we listed all time top 30 players for NIgeria and have Etim on it. I would really really be stunned. Why? He does not belong on that list.

As for Okocha, it is no doubt that he will be mentioned in the top five not just for his tricks which were clearly recognized world wide but also for what he achieved. Here are just a few:

He won the BBC African Footballer of the Year I believe once or twice
Named Top-16 players at the 1998 WC finals
Was named ANC MVP in 2004

Frankly, it is simply a travesty to compare him with Etim. If Okocha is to be compared with any Nigerian midfielder of a previous era then let us RESPECT the man and compare him with the likes of Haruna Ilerika and Henry Nwosu. Those are guys with the legacy that is comparable.

Enugu,
Etim was not better than Okocha. He was just more of a team player than Okocha was.
Okocha mostly played to the gallery and it did not help the cause of his team.
That attitude started changing when he joined bolton but it was already too late into his career. And again if you do a poll amongst Nigerians over 35 on the top ten players that have featured for the national team, you will be shocked that both players will be there but none might even be number one.
Comparing Etim and Okocha is like Pele and Maradona. Two different generations.
Then again there were players like Henry Nwosu, Haruna Ilerika, Muda Lawal whoe were equally as good but played at an era when players did not bother about Europe.
Okocha hab more an better ball tricks than Etim, but the Oron man was a more forward thinking player.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

PapaK wrote:
ikwerreman wrote:

That is not true
then why not tell us in what match he scored for the eagles.I'm not talking U-20, I mean the eagles. I really dont understand the basis for his proclaimed greatness. This man didnt even achieve what Dimeji Lawal achieved :evil:

He scored agains Zambia didnt we say so earlier?
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Al B Sure wrote:So Okocha's claim to fame was winning the Olympic Gold?

Here i was thinking you had anything to add, but you have just regurgitated what you said before :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Incredible. I will be mindful the next time i pick up a local sport paper. :(

Frankfurt (Check) Fernabache (Check) PSG (Check) Boltyon (Check) Hullcity (Check)

Yes that was his football Journey and a very good one.

A Nigerian journalist is telling me on CE that a player's ability solely depends on the club he played for :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D John Oshea plays for Man U :D Eboue Plays for Arsenal :D Penant played for Liverpool :D Geremi Played for Real Madrid :D

Again i add despairingly what on earth is your point? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

A circus Clown Cannot be voted BEST Player and at the same time be the top scorer at the Nations cup :D :D :D :D :D (Oh this is FACT -as in it is the truth :D by the way) Not mere opinion. So yet again what is exactly your point? :D

PS i will just add a little side note here :D :D :D :D :D What happened to Rivaldo when he left Barcelona? Yeah i guess he is/was a circus clown :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]

Al,
My point is that Okocha was the best nigerian player of his generation who was over hyped by his country men.
If he was that good he would have signed for a big club, at least one
And i hope you stop reading british sports papers when they tell you that George Best was the third best footballer the world has seen
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

ikwerreman wrote:
PapaK wrote:
ikwerreman wrote:
That is not true

you missed that part of my post that said U-20 games dont count. Can you give us an example of when he scored for the Green/Super eagles?
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Ik wrote!

Al,
"My point is that Okocha was the best nigerian player of his generation who was over hyped by his country men.
If he was that good he would have signed for a big club, at least one
And i hope you stop reading british sports papers when they tell you that George Best was the third best footballer the world has seen"

Okocha is not just talked about as a great player by his Country men, but talked about all over the world as a great player (Fact) So thats you assertion out of the window.

Number 2 He did not sign for a big club :D :D :D :D :D :D :D (Well the notion that not signing for a big club proves you are not a great player has already been dismissed) read my previous posts :D :D :D :D :D

Reading British Newspaper as suppose to to local sport paper? I am happy to say that you alone are not the representation of Nigeria sport Journalists. There is hyping and overhyping, and there is 'fact massaging'

Anytime you guys do the disguised opinion thing, am not fussed. But when you guys try to massage the facts, I will say something. Am just as close to the game as a lot of people are. :D

I will just keep pointing to the facts to negate the 'opinions. you are caressing. :D
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

IK Man, JJ and Etim were of the same generation. if Etim had not been banned, he would have played alongside JJ.
Peter Rufai who played alongside CCC (1982 WCQ) played alongside JJ, ditto the likes of Yekini and Keshi, who were SE players long before Etim.
I believe that at the time JJ signed for PSG, they were one of the biggest clubs in Europe. You only need to look at the calibre of players that were playing at PSG during that period.
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Dammy wrote:IK Man, JJ and Etim were of the same generation. if Etim had not been banned, he would have played alongside JJ.
Peter Rufai who played alongside CCC (1982 WCQ) played alongside JJ, ditto the likes of Yekini and Keshi, who were SE players long before Etim.
I believe that at the time JJ signed for PSG, they were one of the biggest clubs in Europe. You only need to look at the calibre of players that were playing at PSG during that period.
Dammy
Please forgive IKman he is trying to spin himself out a the hole he clumsily fell into. Chei what generation did JJ and Etim play again. :woot:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Etim was before JJ.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Just like Yobo was before Mikel!!
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

i really did not like Okocha, he was not my type of player, but i would not deny the fact that there was something special about him. I saw Etim play, he was probably more of my type of player, but I did not see or recall anything that matched the level of hype he had about him. Okocah wins hands down as per Etim vs Okocha.

Kanu :thumbs:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

PapaK wrote:
ikwerreman wrote:

you missed that part of my post that said U-20 games dont count. Can you give us an example of when he scored for the Green/Super eagles?
So who said it was in an U20 game? :roll:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Bigpokey24 wrote:ikwereman u are not the sharpest knife in the drawer
A spoon should not question the knife about being sharp.

@
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

General Trousers wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:ikwereman u are not the sharpest knife in the drawer
A spoon should not question the knife about being sharp.

@

Yes, I-queerman is the spoon :P
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Don't worry Okocha fans.....I will post a video clip of etim esim soon....... :D
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

seloweizer wrote:2 days gone...
still no video..
no video but a bunch of how etim that everybody drink garri stories
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Al B Sure wrote:How old are you guys? Did you guys not see him play on TV when he was playing? Or do you guys just analyse all these players by what you see on Youtube? :?

I remember etim against abiola babes for the FA cup semis

To make the story short, etim lacks discipline and i will only be remember for his dribbling
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Mudi E wrote:There's a reason they nicknamed Etim Esin "Maradona." Enough said.
for is ball skillz but nothing else
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

a whole maradona :taunt: