What happened to that Arab Guy with his Guitar????

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What happened to that Arab Guy with his Guitar????

Post by bamenda boy »

MI5 wrote:May his soul rest in perfect peace. I met him some year ago at Giants Stadium. A great guy and a wonderful person to meet.
You are alife :woot: Praise be to Ahlah.
May the guys soul rest in peace, Amen.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Damn, I am sadden by this news CAF and FIFA must honour this man great work.

RIP ALI
Pharaoh
Egg
Egg

Post by Pharaoh »

This stupid Algeria-Egypt thing could have used this guy sitting with Algerian and other African fans at the World Cup. Believe it or not, Ali succeeded in uniting rival supporters through his support.

RIP Ali
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." - Benjamin Franklin
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttt??????????!!!!!!!!!!!
I never knew this guy had passed on! :scared: Do you know he used to come out and support all African teams during international tournaments???? I am shocked and saddened, Rest in Perfect Peace! :atc:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
abacha
Egg
Egg

Post by abacha »

BabaNaija wrote:
sarkin doya wrote:What a shame.

He did not just travel to the Nations Cup.

He was in Canada for the U20 World cup in 2007.
TonyStarks wrote:Alright, I finally found the info. His name was Ali Siba3i and he was indeed Egyptian. He passed in June of 2009:

http://www.mbc.net/portal/site/mbc/menu ... mbcArticle

That's sad.

I met this man in WYC 2005 (Holland) in person while he was supporting Nigeria with his famous guitar and took pics with him as well. It was the final match versus Argentina and the man was outside the Utrecht stadium blasting away his tunes (singing Naijas praises) while Oyibos looked on. Then comes in the Chairman of the Naija Supporters Club; he was selling the tickets meant for the Naija supporters for 50 Euros :shock:

The fans outside protested but later bought them but everyone insisted that Ali must go in as a Naija supporter with free ticket and the clueless chairman had to cave in. We all cheered him on as he got the ticket and walked into the stadium.

May his soul RIP.

May his soul rest in peace.

I met him at the Emirates Stadium during the Brazil vs Argentina game (as usual, he was with this guitar).
uiug
gmoni
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni »

RIP ALI.
chilling!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Ali was the greatest African soccer fan. He enjoyed the patronage of people wherever he went. He was the a bard and a true fooball troubadour, playing his tunes in the streets ...

x
Tactical Genius
Egg
Egg

Post by Tactical Genius »

I met him at the 3rd place game in Egypt in 2006 and he was partying with the Nigerian fans.
The last time i saw him was at a spurs UEFA cup game in 2007 i think.
It was Martin Jols last game in charge and he remebered me.

Lovely man and may his soul RIP.
jiboloni
Egg
Egg

Post by jiboloni »

]He sure was Ali Sebay!!!!!! I remembered that my younger bro feared this guy at that time cos he would usually support any Northern team against the Super Eagles! What's more, they always win![/size]
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Jaidi wrote:
General Trousers wrote:The World Cup is in Africa and we are missing Ali Sibai ... I pray that some fans can unfurl a banner remembering him ...

x
Great Idea I hope some picks up on honoring one of the greatest fans Africa has ever seen. Wonderful man I met him for the first time in the beginning of the decade, a true supporter of African football no matter what nation was playing.

Allah Yerham Ali Sibai :atc:
I am working on the Ali Sibai Video ... I looked at the video again and realized I have about an hour of him just wandering through Paris ... he talks fluidly about his life. He is from Egypt, he is an engineer, now he does music and follows soccer, his team is Al Ahli ... As I said this is a personal video ...

I am having some challenges with the video ... while it plays nicely on my DVD extracting the files is challenging ... the media is not the greatest. I am trying to back it up ...

I should have some of it on my blog later ... how much later I don't know (today or tomorrow).

x
Pharaoh
Egg
Egg

Post by Pharaoh »

General Trousers wrote:
Jaidi wrote:
General Trousers wrote:The World Cup is in Africa and we are missing Ali Sibai ... I pray that some fans can unfurl a banner remembering him ...

x
Great Idea I hope some picks up on honoring one of the greatest fans Africa has ever seen. Wonderful man I met him for the first time in the beginning of the decade, a true supporter of African football no matter what nation was playing.

I am working on the Ali Sibai Video ... I looked at the video again and realized I have about an hour of him just wandering through Paris ... he talks fluidly about his life. He is from Egypt, he is an engineer, now he does music and follows soccer, his team is Al Ahli ... As I said this is a personal video ...

I am having some challenges with the video ... while it plays nicely on my DVD extracting the files is challenging ... the media is not the greatest. I am trying to back it up ...

I should have some of it on my blog later ... how much later I don't know (today or tomorrow).

x
Thanks GT. Looking forward to seeing the footage.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Pharaoh wrote:
General Trousers wrote:
Jaidi wrote:

x

x
The footage has been posted: http://nigerianplayers.blogspot.com/201 ... l-fan.html

x
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

See the video on the blog ... I have posted it. 10 minutes of video ...

x
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Are u sure he is not DAgrin of CE?

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

General Trousers wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
General Trousers wrote:
Jaidi wrote:

x

x
The footage has been posted: http://nigerianplayers.blogspot.com/201 ... l-fan.html

x
George Bush
Egg
Egg

Post by George Bush »

TonyStarks wrote:Alright, I finally found the info. His name was Ali Siba3i and he was indeed Egyptian. He passed in June of 2009:

http://www.mbc.net/portal/site/mbc/menu ... mbcArticle

Tonnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......

No "peaking" or reading arabic. Please help translate....
Oti sheleh!!!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

As I stated I have posted the VIDEO of Ali Sibai ... it is here: http://nigerianplayers.blogspot.com/201 ... l-fan.html

x
Pharaoh
Egg
Egg

Post by Pharaoh »

My goodness, I don't know if he was doing some boozing of his own (he was definitely singing about it :P ) but Mr. Sibai was pure joy and energy. He's constantly smiling. I admire your patience GT, the guy was singing and dancing uncontrollably every time you tried to ask him a question :D. I loved the part when he started singing for those Tunisian kids. Oh, and of course that 360 degree spin that kept sending his fez airborne :lol:.

This man truly enjoyed living, giving up his pursuit of the American dream to travel the world and turn his passion into his life. I wish I had the guts to do that.

R.I.P. Ali. No doubt, the most passionate African football fan of our lifetime.

Thanks again GT.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Pharaoh wrote:My goodness, I don't know if he was doing some boozing of his own (he was definitely singing about it :P ) but Mr. Sibai was pure joy and energy. He's constantly smiling. I admire your patience GT, the guy was singing and dancing uncontrollably every time you tried to ask him a question :D. I loved the part when he started singing for those Tunisian kids. Oh, and of course that 360 degree spin that kept sending his fez airborne :lol:.

This man truly enjoyed living, giving up his pursuit of the American dream to travel the world and turn his passion into his life. I wish I had the guts to do that.

Thanks again GT.

Thanks Pharoah ... I am posting the video from my blog on this forum:

[/video]

x
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

General Trousers wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:My goodness, I don't know if he was doing some boozing of his own (he was definitely singing about it :P ) but Mr. Sibai was pure joy and energy. He's constantly smiling. I admire your patience GT, the guy was singing and dancing uncontrollably every time you tried to ask him a question :D. I loved the part when he started singing for those Tunisian kids. Oh, and of course that 360 degree spin that kept sending his fez airborne :lol:.

Thanks again GT.

Thanks Pharoah ... I am posting the video from my blog on this forum:

[/video]

x
thanks for sharing

:thumb:

its a pity he could not see the WC on African Soil
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

This newspaper clipping shows the extent this guy used to go to support games ... he lived in New York!

Paraguay ends Iraq's surprising soccer streak.(Knight Ridder Newspapers)
Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service

THESSALONIKI, Greece _ A man named Abdul Wahi Aziz won a bronze medal in weightlifting for Iraq in the Rome Olympics of 1960. His was the only medal ever won by an Iraqi, a feat the war-scarred country's soccer team was trying to top _ and would have with a victory over Paraguay on Tuesday.

Iraqi exiles now living in Europe showed up at Kaftanzoglio Stadium wearing their country's flags like superhero capes, chanting "Iraq, Iraq, Iraq" to the accompaniment of drums and whistles, and cheering whenever an Iraqi player dribbled inside the Paraguayan zone. A New York City cabdriver named Ali Sebay, a native of Egypt, flew all the way to …

x
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

x
Ghanaba
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghanaba »

A life lived with such passion! Wow :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Bàtà orí àkìtàn náà ròde ìyàwò rí
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

By the way guys has anyone seen Manolo, it is kind of strange Spain playing and Manolo the drummer is nowhere to be seen in the crowd. I hope Manolo is still living oh.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho