What happened to that Arab Guy with his Guitar????

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What happened to that Arab Guy with his Guitar????

Post by ANC »

RIP.
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

What a shame.

He did not just travel to the Nations Cup.

He was in Canada for the U20 World cup in 2007.
TonyStarks wrote:Alright, I finally found the info. His name was Ali Siba3i and he was indeed Egyptian. He passed in June of 2009:

http://www.mbc.net/portal/site/mbc/menu ... mbcArticle

TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

sarkin doya wrote:What a shame.

Oh yeah? What cities what he in?
http://en.dzfoot.com
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

sarkin doya wrote:What a shame.

TonyStarks wrote:Alright, I finally found the info. His name was Ali Siba3i and he was indeed Egyptian. He passed in June of 2009:

That's sad.

I met this man in WYC 2005 (Holland) in person while he was supporting Nigeria with his famous guitar and took pics with him as well. It was the final match versus Argentina and the man was outside the Utrecht stadium blasting away his tunes (singing Naijas praises) while Oyibos looked on. Then comes in the Chairman of the Naija Supporters Club; he was selling the tickets meant for the Naija supporters for 50 Euros :shock:

The fans outside protested but later bought them but everyone insisted that Ali must go in as a Naija supporter with free ticket and the clueless chairman had to cave in. We all cheered him on as he got the ticket and walked into the stadium.

May his soul RIP.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

This is sad news. I have a video of him in Paris. Ali Siba3i is an engineer. He came to the USA on a visa to see the World Cup in 1994 and he stayed. He became a taxi driver and had other jobs and made some good money and left. The video I have shows him in the streets of Paris entertaining some Gulf Arabs of whose patronage he enjoyed.

Yes he is from Egypt and he is an Engineer and he was always given free tickets to the FIFA games by the FIFA brass who saw him as an ambassador.

x
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

RIP Ali.

General Trousers wrote:

This is sad news. I have a video of him in Paris. Ali Siba3i is an engineer. He came to the USA on a visa to see the World Cup in 1994 and he stayed. He became a taxi driver and had other jobs and made some good money and left. The video I have shows him in the streets of Paris entertaining some Gulf Arabs of whose patronage he enjoyed.

Yes he is from Egypt and he is an Engineer and he was always given free tickets to the FIFA games by the FIFA brass who saw him as an ambassador.

x
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

The image of him in the stands with his guitar regardless of which African nation is playing was priceless and missed already. He deserves a moment of silence in one of Egypt's games in Angola but they will have to push for it.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

YUJAM wrote:RIP Ali.

General Trousers wrote:

x
RIP
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sir V wrote:

General Trousers wrote:

x
RIP

He shared his story ... after 1994 he stayed and he became a US citizen ... he tired of life in the US and returned to Egypt ... the video I have is unique, first hand footage of him wandering through Paris entertaining throngs of Parisian Arab youths and the elite.

x
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

May his soul rest in perfect peace. I met him some year ago at Giants Stadium. A great guy and a wonderful person to meet.
Soldier of Fortune...
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

GT and others, could you share those footages and pictures here to honour the man and pay tribute.
Also I'm quite curious wether he really played on this guitar cause it looks like as if he did not really play on it...but I know better now.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

RIP :( :(
He really needs to be honoured....I hope the players are aware of him.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
gypsylady
Egg
Egg

Post by gypsylady »

:( :(
really sad. A true fan.
R. I. P :(
Silence is often misinterpreted but never misquoted.
There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.

After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

papparassi Sport wrote:Met him in African Nations Cup in Tunisia 2004. There is another big man from Cameroun with a fat tummy. The two of them have become international ICONS of thier supporters club.

anointed wrote:
papparassi Sport wrote:Na that chap is Morrocan. Morroco failed to qualify for this African Nations cup (Angola 2010) that is why he is not here. There is another Camerounian chap, with very fat bellie that moves around the Lions. He should be somewhere in the crowd tonite when Cameroun takes on Zambia.
I could have sworn he was Moroccoan too especially with his Fez cap.
I thought you said u met him before. people dey lie for this forum sha.lol :lol: :lol:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

R.I.P... can the man be honored in some way by CAF? can CE guns try to push for this?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
fahl
Egg
Egg

Post by fahl »

WOW didn't know he passed away :atc:

This man is a legend in Egypt

Allah yer7amoh (RIP) :sad:
"Egypt didn't just beat Algeria tonight; they humiliated them, rendering them an ill-disciplined rabble who finished the game with just eight men".................The Guardian
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

:cry: :cry: just got shivers down my spine when i saw his picture. Even a female colleague of mine just saw his picture and said she knows him that he is Nigerian number fan . She almost broke down when i told her he has passed on.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

RIP Ali... :(
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

fabio wrote:
TonyStarks wrote:He was Tunisian and I believed he passed away sometime last year
R.I.P :atc:
R.I.P
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

Sir V wrote:

General Trousers wrote:

x
RIP
RIP Ali.
We all miss you.
Any thoughts of nations cup fans always have this guy's face in the back of my mind.
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
truemamamia
Egg
Egg

Post by truemamamia »

RIP
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

The World Cup is in Africa and we are missing Ali Sibai ... I pray that some fans can unfurl a banner remembering him ...

x
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

General Trousers wrote:The World Cup is in Africa and we are missing Ali Sibai ... I pray that some fans can unfurl a banner remembering him ...

x
Great Idea I hope some picks up on honoring one of the greatest fans Africa has ever seen. Wonderful man I met him for the first time in the beginning of the decade, a true supporter of African football no matter what nation was playing.

Allah Yerham Ali Sibai :atc: