Hervé Renard ... CV qualifications

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Hervé Renard ... CV qualifications

Post by green4life »

I may be wrong but my gut feeling tells me that Hervé Renard is set to be named the next SE FC tommorrow. NFF denied/poured cold water on the Shehata rumors and Gus d#$% doesn't fit the profile of the type of FC that tickles NFF's fancy (will demand too much kardo & won't kickback egunje). Anyways, here's a summary of Renard's qualifications:

1999-2001 ........... SC Draguignan (Amateur club in the mold of my sunday league Youngblood FC based in Maryland)
2002-2003 ........... Shanghai Cosco (Asst. Coach per various articles)
2004 ................... Cambridge United - 5th Div(lasted 4 months before his sack after losing 8 of 9 games on the trot: W4 L14 D7)
2005-2007............ AS Cherbourg (3rd Div, France.... 14th & 13th)
2008 ................... Asst. Manager, Ghana
2008 - Present ...... Zambia Manager (ANC Quarter Finalist)

My overall impression: Renard fits the description of the sort of FC the NFF loves to hire. Obscure journeyman with a CV that is nothing to write home. However he did achieve success in Zambia, relatively speaking but whether that will translate into a much higher profile job in an environment that lacks patience (NFF & fans) for a manager to stamp his authority & philosophy in a team seems like a gamble that would not justify the cost benefit considerations. When I talk about cost, I'm not just talking of money but also the opportunity cost of not providing that high profile platform for our young coaches who's CV are not far off the mark from Renard's... folks like Siaisa, Oliseh, Adepoju and Obuh to mention a few. We'll basically train a guy like Renard or (another young FC who fits the bill) to carry their experience and run to another country in a yr or 2 (max) while our young coaches miss out on the chance of a lifetime. If we cannot give our boys a chance, will French or Dutch clubs & National teams give them a chance?

The minds of powers that be are made up (FC or bust) but our best bet is to pair Amodu with one of the younger promising coaches for this WC then turn the keys over to that young assistant after the WC is over. The best candidate from a neutrals perspective will be Siasia. Anyway, good luck to our SEs regardless of what decision is made.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Hervé Renard ... CV qualifications

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote:I may be wrong but my gut feeling tells me that Hervé Renard is set to be named the next SE FC tommorrow. NFF denied/poured cold water on the Shehata rumors and Gus d#$% doesn't fit the profile of the type of FC that tickles NFF's fancy (will demand too much kardo & won't kickback egunje). Anyways, here's a summary of Renard's qualifications:

1999-2001 ........... SC Draguignan (Amateur club in the mold of my sunday league Youngblood FC based in Maryland)
2004 ................... Cambridge United - 5th Div(lasted 4 months before his sack after losing 8 of 9 games on the trot: W4 L14 D7)

My overall impression: Renard fits the description of the sort of FC the NFF loves to hire. Obscure journeyman with a CV that is nothing to write home. However he did achieve success in Zambia, relatively speaking but whether that will translate into a much higher profile job in an environment that lacks patience (NFF & fans) for a manager to stamp his authority & philosophy in a team seems like a gamble that would not justify the cost benefit considerations. When I talk about cost, I'm not just talking of money but also the opportunity cost of not providing that high profile platform for our young coaches who's CV are not far off the mark from Renard's... folks like Siaisa, Oliseh, Adepoju and Obuh to mention a few. We'll basically train a guy like Renard or (another young FC who fits the bill) to carry their experience and run to another country in a yr or 2 (max) while our young coaches miss out on the chance of a lifetime. If we cannot give our boys a chance, will French or Dutch clubs & National teams give them a chance?

The minds of powers that be are made up (FC or bust) but our best bet is to pair Amodu with one of the younger promising coaches for this WC then turn the keys over to that young assistant after the WC is over. The best candidate from a neutrals perspective will be Siasia. Anyway, good luck to our SEs regardless of what decision is made.
He has one key quality...

Bobo yellow...

All he needs is to be Eagles head coach... and he has arrived!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I like how folks have avoided this thread like a plague. I guess its true what the say about how painful the truth can be. His BEST achievement before riding Le Roy's coatails in Ghana was finishing 13th in Division 3 in France.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote:I like how folks have avoided this thread like a plague. I guess its true what the say about how painful the truth can be. His BEST achievement before riding Le Roy's coatails in Ghana was finishing 13th in Division 3 in France.
Bros,

You dey tok like you no know awa pipul?

Classic bait and switch... dem go show you wan tin... sweet talk you well well... you come say, ok, bring am I wan buy...

Dem go inside shed bring you occuJapan...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

I see his big break came under Claude in Ghana.

So I wonder CLR saw in him - maybe some good things. From obscurity to assistant of a national team - quite a feat. Maybe they have a deeper relationship.

Anyway, the guys is ambitious and eye candy for the women. It is disappointing though how he relinquished the lead to Algeria and Egypt in the WCQ group after taking pole position. Anyway, that is water under the bridge.

PS. I wonder if he is offered a 4 years contract after the WC if he will still be interested. :smile:

If so, let him wait until next August.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Actually Le Roy recommended him for the jobs in Cambridge and I believe China, so I think they have a personal connection
Catalyst wrote:I see his big break came under Claude in Ghana.

So I wonder CLR saw in him - maybe some good things. From obscurity to assistant of a national team - quite a feat. Maybe they have a deeper relationship.

Anyway, the guys is ambitious and eye candy for the women. It is disappointing though how he relinquished the lead to Algeria and Egypt in the WCQ group after taking pole position. Anyway, that is water under the bridge.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

nanijoe wrote:Actually Le Roy recommended him for the jobs in Cambridge and I believe China, so I think they have a personal connection

I see.

It makes for more sense now.

Usually to get that kind of gig, you need to have strong networking skills. Sometimes it is who you know.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Claude Le Roy was manager at Cambridge prior to the 2004 season. I think Renard was his assistant there at the time. When Leroy left, Renard took over but only lasted 4months before getting the boot. Luckily for him, he's French so he was able to nab a Div3 job in his country to 'beef' up his CV while biding his time. Abeg what's the difference between a Div 3 job in France and coaching a top NPL club in Nigeria? Not much. Credit to him, he did relatively well with Zambia but we have boys who are not to far off his experience level before Zambia gave him a chance... I emphasize this b/c Zambia is all he has on his CV that is noteworthy.
nanijoe wrote:Actually Le Roy recommended him for the jobs in Cambridge and I believe China, so I think they have a personal connection

Messi
Egg
Egg

Post by Messi »

And what exactly was Wenger's CV before Arsenal? CV's don't mean $#%, its whether he can inspire the team, and honeslty at least he wont be cowardly like Amodu.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Messi wrote:And what exactly was Wenger's CV before Arsenal? CV's don't mean sugar, its whether he can inspire the team, and honeslty at least he wont be cowardly like Amodu.
Sadly for you Assnal organization and NFF are not the same. You cannot compare water and oil just because both are liquid and clear.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Messi wrote:And what exactly was Wenger's CV before Arsenal? CV's don't mean sugar, its whether he can inspire the team, and honeslty at least he wont be cowardly like Amodu.
There U go,exactly what people are talking about and this one just jump inside a pile os $@#% with huge warning sign,kai! :rotf: :rotf:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Oliseh that is already being recommended to work with him or Amodu has nothing better than him or the highly criticized Amodu (who in the larger scheme is the agent of his own misfortune).

Apart from the 'so-called UEFA license', Oliseh is not anywhere closer to the bobo's resume. With all the UEFA qualification, Oliseh only coached Division 3A team (that of the same standard as Agege league) and yet recorded terrible result. The same team that was struggling to stay float relegation zone in almost two seasons under Oliseh is now in the middle of the table under a new coach that took over couple of months ago -- following 'parting of Oliseh and the club).

It is easier to knock down Renard... But, several of the options being considered are not better than him when one closely examines their resumes. The bottom line is that Nigeria fans and the NFF, in most cases, only pick and hire coaches on sentiment and emotions NOT the coaches' qualifications.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Wenger coached some team named Monaco. You may have heard of them.

But coaching experience does not always mean everything. You have coaches with tons of experience that fail...then you have coaches with absolutely no experience that get the job done (Didier Deschamps, Laurent Blanc, Pep Guardiola, etc). It's all about finding the right man who can get the most out of the players available to him.

Renard has done a good job with Zambia IMO. This is a team that is competitive in every single match and have not been able to achieve better results in recent months simply because they do not have a good striker.

I think that Renard will be successful with which ever big African nation that hires him
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

As much as I dislike Wenger - the dude won the Japanese league ..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Toxicarrow wrote:
Apart from the 'so-called UEFA license', Oliseh is not anywhere closer to the bobo's resume. With all the UEFA qualification, Oliseh only coached Division 3A team (that of the same standard as Agege league) and yet recorded terrible result. The same team that was struggling to stay float relegation zone in almost two seasons under Oliseh is now in the middle of the table under a new coach that took over couple of months ago -- following 'parting of Oliseh and the club).
You must be pulling my legs. Apparently you missed the part about Renard coaching an Amateur league club before crashing out at division FIVE Cambridge (they too got better once he left). Abeg forget story. The journey of 1,000 miles starts with one step. The problem with our people is una too lack patience but are willing to give a similiarly situated onyinbo man patience. That's a fact. The reason why Renard is where he is today is because he kept geting chances and he knew Claude Le Roy. Eventually, he got things right at Zambia. The same can happen with our boys IF we give them a chance and believe in them.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

You forgot to list the most important qualification:

Race: Caucasian

Well, he has my vote :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
green4life wrote:I may be wrong but my gut feeling tells me that Hervé Renard is set to be named the next SE FC tommorrow. NFF denied/poured cold water on the Shehata rumors and Gus d#$% doesn't fit the profile of the type of FC that tickles NFF's fancy (will demand too much kardo & won't kickback egunje). Anyways, here's a summary of Renard's qualifications:

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Sir Cristao wrote:
As much as I dislike Wenger - the dude won the Japanese league ..
He won much more than the Japanese League before joining Arsenal.

Just look at the quality players he signed when in charge of Monaco.

I cant believe this dude questioned Wenger's pre-Arsenal CV. Worst example ever :rotf:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Yeah, all of the above, plus Kofo Enyeama has the hots for him. What better qualifications do you need to coach Nigeria?

Aren't some of you against the hiring of Sia1 and Oliseh for lack of experience? We got the experience we did not need in Herve Renard.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

It will be a huge mistake IMO to risk the long term careers of some of our best coaching prospects with this SE job atm. The WC is a lost case IMO and between Amodu and Retard, it makes little difference to me frankly....and if I am to choose, I'll take Amodu just to let him fully bottom out and end it for good...

green4life wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:
You must be pulling my legs. Apparently you missed the part about Renard coaching an Amateur league club before crashing out at division FIVE Cambridge (they too got better once he left). Abeg forget story. The journey of 1,000 miles starts with one step. The problem with our people is una too lack patience but are willing to give a similiarly situated onyinbo man patience. That's a fact. The reason why Renard is where he is today is because he kept geting chances and he knew Claude Le Roy. Eventually, he got things right at Zambia. The same can happen with our boys IF we give them a chance and believe in them.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I will support my SEs regardless of what decision they make as I no wan get Ghana, Cameroon or CIV pali. Lets see what happens tommorrow.
maceo4 wrote:You forgot to list the most important qualification:

Race: Caucasian

Well, he has my vote :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Come on,Arsene won the french championship with AS Monaco..he had a good Cv before joining Arsenal.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

bk-one wrote:
Come on,Arsene won the french championship with AS Monaco..he had a good Cv before joining Arsenal.
His user name is Messi but his thread looks like a headless chicken and aimless dribbler :taunt: :taunt:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Since we know what is going to happen tomorrow, I am going to look at Herve with a view to the future.

It is a marriage made in Pluto for a people like ours.