What will a white coach get us at the WC?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
What will a white coach get us at the WC?

Post by 1naija »

1. Improved play, but first round exit
2. Exit after first game of second round
3. Quarter Final Appearance
4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

I think with our current calibre of players the best we can expect even with Sir Alex Fegwuson (the best coach on the planet) as our coach, is 1 and 2. We can forget about 3, 4, 5, & 6.

So knowing this, isn't it best we let Siasia and Amodu lead us to the WC and hire the white mesiah right after we crash out of the WC? I think the Fire Amodu Bridage are the most selfish Nigerians on the planet or they would understand this simple fact,
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
bobbye
Egg
Egg
Re: What will a white coach get us at the WC?

Post by bobbye »

1naija wrote:1. Improved play, but first round exit
4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

I think with our current calibre of players the best we can expect even with Sir Alex Fegwuson (the best coach on the planet) as our coach, is 1 and 2. We can forget about 3, 4, 5, & 6.

So knowing this, isn't it best we let Siasia and Amodu lead us to the WC and hire the white mesiah right after we crash out of the WC? I think the Fire Amodu Bridage are the most selfish Nigerians on the planet or they would understand this simple fact,
At least their chances will be a better than with Amodu. Lest you forget Yobo is still playing with team. Do not forge he carries the whole team on his back
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

Sir Alex Ferguson, a master manager, a Manchester United manager :D :D :D
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

felarey wrote:
4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

Sir Alex Ferguson, a master manager, a Manchester United manager :D :D :D

So also is Sir Alex Fegwuson
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
dcf1
Egg
Egg

Post by dcf1 »

4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

Oh really?

So you think that we can scrape past Greece and South Korea but that we are incapable of then beating Uruguay or Mexico or Domenech to get to the quarter-final?

Not only do I disagree, but I think that we should beat England in the Quarter-Final too. Their centre-forward can't score (Heskey), their two full-backs can't defend (Johnson and Bridge, after Cole broke his ankle yesterday), their centre-backs are past-it (Ferdinand and JT) and their keeper is useless (Calamity James).

We should be absolutely clear that under Guus or Trap or Sven we should reach the World Cup Semi-Final if we prepare as well as we possibly can.

And by the way, Ferguson has won 2 Champions Leagues in 24 seasons at Man Utd. He is at best tactically naive, and I wouldn't place him in the same class as Guus or Trap, although he is at about the same level as Sven. Look what he did to Beckham, to Jaap Stam or to any number of goalies after Schmeichel. I don't think Ferguson is even currently the best coach in Manchester.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

1naija wrote:I think with our current calibre of players the best we can expect even with Sir Alex Fegwuson (the best coach on the planet) as our coach, is 1 and 2. We can forget about 3, 4, 5, & 6.
=

Habaaa

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

dcf1 wrote:
4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

Oh really?

So you think that we can scrape past Greece and South Korea but that we are incapable of then beating Uruguay or Mexico or Domenech to get to the quarter-final?

Not only do I disagree, but I think that we should beat England in the Quarter-Final too. Their centre-forward can't score (Heskey), their two full-backs can't defend (Johnson and Bridge, after Cole broke his ankle yesterday), their centre-backs are past-it (Ferdinand and JT) and their keeper is useless (Calamity James).

We should be absolutely clear that under Guus or Trap or Sven we should reach the World Cup Semi-Final if we prepare as well as we possibly can.

And by the way, Ferguson has won 2 Champions Leagues in 24 seasons at Man Utd. He is at best tactically naive, and I wouldn't place him in the same class as Guus or Trap, although he is at about the same level as Sven. Look what he did to Beckham, to Jaap Stam or to any number of goalies after Schmeichel. I don't think Ferguson is even currently the best coach in Manchester.
I guess you know the state lottery number. No?
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Catalyst wrote:
1naija wrote:I think with our current calibre of players the best we can expect even with Sir Alex Fegwuson (the best coach on the planet) as our coach, is 1 and 2. We can forget about 3, 4, 5, & 6.
=

Habaaa

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually we have already overachieved. We really shouldn't have qualified. The prognosis of our team is without a doubt-poor quality! I really think our players work hard with the exception of Yakubu. But, they're just not good enough. Even if they're coached by angels, that wouldn't help their lack of quality needed to excel in this age.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Amodu has achieved more for Nigeria than most White Coaches that ever coached Nigeria

So what is this wild assumption that Anything but Amodu
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Igbanibo
Egg
Egg

Post by Igbanibo »

No 2 probably!
goldfeet
Egg
Egg
WHAT DO WE GET FROM FC

Post by goldfeet »

As the Amodu saga rumbles on, dif scenerios have been created. As much as I feel that Amodu brought it upon himself and shd make way for others, I dont believe that a journeyman coach is the answer. Even if we engage Mourhino and SAF together, with the mess as it is now, SE aint gonna win the SA2010. Honestly, we need continuity and rebuilding, so the best coach now is one that will concentrate on the WC while laying the foundation for the future. One who knows the naija football scene first hand and not depend on hangers on who have their own personal interests for information.
It seems that NFF is heel bent on firebrigade solution of hiring an FC just for the WC and after that we are back to square one. Can anyone tell me any country that has adopted that and succeeded.
A Siasia lead team can deliver immediate and future mandate that is required to bring our game to former glory. Even England do long term planning and continuity. If NFF get an FC, let them put their head on the chopping bloc by telling us the MANDATE - expectations of the FC and on failing what naijas shd do - eg they all resign enmasse and payback collectively, every penny spent on the FC jamboree (they must be open and tell us how much FC is costing naija to the last penny). Let NFF and the so called PTF prove their honsety, NIGERIANS CHALLENGE THEM
''the 60000+ Arsenal fans dont need a goal to get them on their feet cheering the sleek moves of their ten men team as they destroy portsmouth'' - commentator

PATRIOTISM IS OUR FUTURE
Winger
Egg
Egg

Post by Winger »

DCFI IS AMONG THOSE WRONGLY ADVISING THE NFF AND PTF
NIGERIA IS BIAFRA'S VICTIM
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

'Prestige'
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

The next coach will not dwell solely on the current squad.... so don't be afraid. There will be introduction of more hungry guys and these boys will be more motivated to perform than what they did in Angola.

We can get past Q/Final if we put our house and our acts together. And it must be on time too.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

Who really wants to play beautiful football and then lose games? What is the definition of playing well? Is it possible to play well and then lose games? Football is about results and not how well you play.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

Life is not that simple and it is not in black and white. There are many incompetent white coaches. Vogts demonstrated that being white doesn’t mean competence. So hiring a coach just b/c he is white will not get you anywhere and may prove to be worse than Amodummy. I believe Vogts fits into this category.

There are no guarantees in life or in football. But there are a precious handful of coaches that practically guarantee success. You know this from their track records – they win stuff wherever they go. I put guys like Hitzfeld and Capello in this category. Both are beyond our reach. While there is no guarantee of success when you change your coach, a decent coach adds value to his charges. So if, for arguments sake, we are already a team likely to go out in the first round due to tactical shortcomings, you expect a decent coach to iron out those shortcomings in training, and give the team a chance of getting to the knockout stages. In the 2 years Amodummy has been in charge, there has been no prospect of our shortcomings being reduced. It has been the same $@#%, every game.

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail. Football is about preparation, attention to minor details, decision-making, continuous professional development, etc. In each of these categories, Amodummy has been found wanting. A coach who has his team playing a hard-fought 11-a-side in training the day b/4 a big match suggests someone that is stuck in the dark ages. When people who should know like Osaze and Okocha question the coach’s tactical nous, you should recognise that taking him to the WC is like going to a gunfight with a penknife. Hiring a decent coach at least gives us a fighting chance.

Only a poor workman blames his tools. We should all know that we are not blessed with world-beaters, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t sharpen and polish your tools and deploy them in a manner that maximises their effectiveness. It is a coach’s job to get his charges playing to the best of their abilities – no matter how limited that ability is. Amodummy has demonstrated time and again that he is incapable of raising the team’s performance up a notch. In fact, we always play like we don’t have a coach, which makes you wonder what Amodummy’s input was. While a decent coach could raise our game, a poor one would compound our problems with poor decision-making. Amodummy did this against Zambia and Ghana.

Fergie is actually a very poor coach. But he is a very good manager, clever enough to recognise his tactical and technical limitations and always hiring assistants that compensate for such inadequacies. Capable managers hire capable people to support them. Incapable clowns like Amodummy pretend they know it all and would rather drag their team down with their incompetence.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Fergie is actually a very poor coach. But he is a very good manager, clever enough to recognise his tactical and technical limitations and always hiring assistants that compensate for such inadequacies. Capable managers hire capable people to support them. Incapable clowns like Amodummy pretend they know it all and would rather drag their team down with their incompetence.
This is my main problem with Amodu....You should understand that you have technical limitations just hire someone to help you....There are thousands of coaches around the world that would beg to assist him at Angola after the qualifications and he noticed he was struggling...............
Oya back to the matter
open and close
realtrouble
Re: WHAT DO WE GET FROM FC

Post by realtrouble »

I am fed up with this rebuilding suggestion. Who will be doing the rebuilding NFF or it's incompetence coaches, Berti Vogt, CCC, Amodu , Pa Oni or maybe Egauvon.

We encounter the same problem in 2002 and said that we will rebuild the SE, yet we repeated the same mistake in 2006 and now 2010.

The constant is the NFF . This is the source of all the problems that has befallen the SE and our local domestic leagues. We have the most unprofessional people running our national sport. Fix the NFF and you will fix Nigeria football
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nemi2002 wrote:
4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

Who really wants to play beautiful football and then lose games? What is the definition of playing well? Is it possible to play well and then lose games? Football is about results and not how well you play.
ASSNALL football CLub
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: WHAT DO WE GET FROM FC

Post by nanijoe »

Also constant are the fans that call for blood every time Nigeria does not win with style. Since Bonfrere Jo left the SE, there have been people calling for the SE coach to be fired after pretty much EVERY game we have played.
I'm sure you remember Amodu's first tenure, Chukwu, Eguavon , Vogts and then Amodu again. At what point was any of them given a chance to do anything without the public shouting Fire him, Fire him (except maybe Vogts when he first started)

realtrouble wrote:I am fed up with this rebuilding suggestion. Who will be doing the rebuilding NFF or it's incompetence coaches, Berti Vogt, CCC, Amodu , Pa Oni or maybe Egauvon.

We encounter the same problem in 2002 and said that we will rebuild the SE, yet we repeated the same mistake in 2006 and now 2010.

The constant is the NFF . This is the source of all the problems that has befallen the SE and our local domestic leagues. We have the most unprofessional people running our national sport. Fix the NFF and you will fix Nigeria football
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bobbye wrote:
4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

At least their chances will be a better than with Amodu. Lest you forget Yobo is still playing with team. Do not forge he carries the whole team on his back
this is one of the no sense statements on CE of late.. how do you know this FC or whatever would have a better chance?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

cic old boy wrote: Life is not that simple and it is not in black and white. There are many incompetent white coaches. Vogts demonstrated that being white doesn’t mean competence. So hiring a coach just b/c he is white will not get you anywhere and may prove to be worse than Amodummy. I believe Vogts fits into this category.

I was going to come in an post something very similar to this. Kudos.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

4. Semi-Final appearance
5. Finals
6. WC Champions.

None of the above and you are wrong if you think those who want Amodu out are happy with the fraud about to be perpetrated on we Nigerians. Let us get away from this Amodu fetish, this is not about Amodu, this is about Nigerian football.

My brother, I see this whole thing differently. I was always taught that you have to work hard for anything in life and there should be no short cuts. The current charade surrounding the recruitment of the next Coach fills me with trepidation. First there is the talk of FC as the main criteria for the job as if the FC is a messiah with a magic wand to erase the cure the ills of our football. This irks me no end. Why can we not employ the best man available for the job irrespective of race, class or creed. This whole FC criteria is the mother of all durty slaps to all our coaches, I am appalled none of our Coaches like Siasia, Oliseh, Temile, Mutiu etc. etc. have been given a chance to apply for the job. It sickens me because the message of those making this FC decision is clear and blunt. They are saying all you Nigerian Coaches are no good because you are Nigerian, the FC is good because he is FC. But we all know there are bad FCs and there are bad ICs. Why not at least give our Coaches a chance to apply and be interviewed for the job. How can our Coaches develop and progress if they are dismissed and treated with such contempt. I have no faith in Amodu and I want him replaced because he just is not up to the job. Even Amodu himself admitted it. But Amodu's incompetence does not mean all ICs are not up to the job. Amodu had his chance, why not give the other ICs a chance to at least apply for the job.

Moreover, there is no Coach on earth that can do better than getting us past first round and this will be with a lot of luck given the short time the Coach has and our shambolic preparation. You cannot plant maize reap wheat. With this in mind, you would have thought the *kindpeople* in charge of our football would have a vision and a long term plan. You would have thought they would be looking for a Coach that will build a team that will take us to the next ANC with a great chance of winning it. What are we going to get, we get another short term money making scam from those hiring the next Coach. We hire a coach pay him stupid money to the WC and all those who made the decision also line their pockets, after the WC the corrupt thieving *kindpeople* all disappear with their ill-gotten loot and our football is worse than it was before the WC. We have another wasted opportunity and wasted resources. We just never learn from previous mistakes.

They say we need a world class Coach, but this is bullshyte. No so called world class Coach has a magic wand that can get us past the second round. But what sums up best the ignorance of those making these decisions is our Sports Minister, who said he expected the SE to get to the semi-finals of the WC. I mean, what drugs is this guy on? Let us be realistic, we need a good competent Coach to go try his best in the WC immediately but his brief will be to get to the finals of the next ANC whilst coaching and building a new SE of hungry young players who are not guaranteed an automatic shirt. The kind of Coach that is willing to work in Nigeria and Africa with such a brief is no Hiddink, Trapatoni, Errickson etc. etc. We do not need these coaches because they are irrelevant to what our SE really needs.

Then there is the vexing question of salary for this FC. We are told the world class coach will command a world class salary, his salary will dwarf Vogts salary which for me is the limit you can go for a top class Coach in Nigeria. Why must we pay any Coach in excess of £1m for the WC? This is an appalling and unforgivable waste of money. Why not use this money to invest in the long term future of the game in Nigeria giving employment and development to our football. For example, why not use this money in developing our own equivalent of France National Academy in Clairefontaine. I am convinced that by the time the WC is over, the money we will use in paying this FC, the corrupt thieving *kindpeople* who stand to benefit from the deal, plus the money we will get from FIFA for the WC. We will have more than enough money to build a top class Academy for Footballers and Coaches in Nigeria just like the French have in Clairefontaine.

I an distressed at the developments surrounding our football since the ANC. The hustlers, parasites and scums of the earth have like leeches, drilled their suckers into our football and those of us who truly love the game and care for Nigerian football stand to gain nothing but more and more misery.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.