GUADRIOLA AND THE ETO'O HENRY YAYA ISSUES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
GUADRIOLA AND THE ETO'O HENRY YAYA ISSUES

Post by Ugbowo »

I know there has been a lot of talk about the Eto'o Ibra swap deal. The conclusion right now is that Eto'o + 40 million for Ibra is highway robbery. I think the bigger issue this season has been the benching of Henry and Yaya for Pedro and Busquets respectively. Pedro has had a splendid season but has flattered to deceive on the big stage. Busquets has been very undeserving of his starting spot in the Barca midfield and its unfathomable that he is benching the stronger, faster, more sgile, more imposing Yaya Toure. I can't explain it.

Pep (if these are his decisions) has effectively weakened his all conquering team with these decisions and it is showing as Barca is about to end the season trophyless and deservedly so. The fact that a player of Henry's caliber who is definitely not finished yet can't get a minute of playing time in a must score game is asking a question that needs to be answered. Henry is not injured and Pique is not a striker. I think Pep needs to be grilled on these things and be asked to answer to it.

Thoughts?
atlas86
Egg
Egg
Re: GUADRIOLA AND THE ETO'O HENRY YAYA ISSUES

Post by atlas86 »

I don't know about Yaya Toure/Busquets but Henry definitely needs more time of play.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Vincent a normally sober and intelligent member of CE will appear trying to explain the absurd away. Surely, a big match like this Pep would rather bring on Bojan instead of Henry. I asked one question which is, if Barca werent chasing the tie and Pep didnt need men rather than boys, would Yaya have started? I doubt it. I would go further and say if they had went through today, that same Yaya would hae been dumped for the Catalan boys in the final.

Nonsense :roll: :roll:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

atlas86 wrote:I don't know about Yaya Toure/Busquets but Henry definitely needs more time of play.
It was clear that the hard men of the Inter back line werent taking any prisoners physically yet he brought on the tiny Bojan rather than Henry to run and fight with them :roll: :roll:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I mean his decisions are hard to understand. He brought Jeffren on for crying out loud! Henry is fully fit and played and scored last saturday. He starts Yaya in CD and plays Busquets. Just what does Biscuits bring to the table?????
WAKENYA
Egg
Egg

Post by WAKENYA »

Guadiola's has made some strange player decisions this season. Selling Eto was a major mistake because he was a proven performer on the big stage. Yaya Toure is one of those deceptive players that you rarely notice when he plays but when absent you could see that Busquests just does not offer the same shield infront of the defence. I think that Guadiola's attachement to Catalonia may have played a role in his team selection.
I am here to help...
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I thought the 40 million plus Eto was an insult to a player that has won everything in football bar the world cup!! that Zlatan is better than Eto, in a million years, In Sweden Zlatan is not rated that much, he is known to be a big game bottler, the sort of games where you need heroes, Eto has proved this so many times, big player for the big occasion, now Eto is going to play in his 3rd champions league final, there are a few players in world football with this sort of opportunity, he is also playing in the world cup, meanwhile Zlatan will be in Skane in Sweden enjoying the break!!! Barca sorry, you screwed up big time!! karma is a *Nice Lady*
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

The man is a racist period. Stop beating around the bush.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

what are all these Etoo threads opened for ? The man played 4 games against his former club who supposedly treated him badly and could hardly get a shot on goal...when I talk about good fortune...his worshipers dont understand. Had Bojans goal been accepted and Ibracadabra got a chance to play in the final scoring against Bayern what would that mean??? Didnt Etoo hide for 180mn against Chelsea in the CL semis last year only for iniesta to rescue them at the last minute??? Mschewwwww :dream:
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

kamerun wrote:what are all these Etoo threads opened for ? The man played 4 games against his former club who supposedly treated him badly and could hardly get a shot on goal...when I talk about good fortune...his worshipers dont understand. Had Bojans goal been accepted and Ibracadabra got a chance to play in the final scoring against Bayern what would that mean??? Didnt Etoo hide for 180mn against Chelsea in the CL semis last year only for iniesta to rescue them at the last minute??? Mschewwwww :dream:
The "goal" was correctly cancelled because it was a foul. Why bother mentioning that crap? Bottom line is though that Barcelona is a little suspect in how they handle black players. There seems to be a bit of a reluctance to give the black guys their due, But hey it's their problem.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

History will say that Eto is playing in the champions league final or am i wrong?? Barca scored through a clearly off side goal, the player that got sent off was acting, dispecable play acting, now Inter got their pound of flesh, I like Barca footballing mentality, in the last 12 months, they have made some strange decisions, Eto was one of them, am not the one to play the race card, never have, but if Eto was white, would they use him as a bait to get a player like Zlatan??
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Mourinho deserve eto'o more than pep, he's a fair coach that gives everybody a fair chance to compete. Pep is just lucky wanker, He knocked out of 2 tournament now and La Liga is not a sure thing for them now, Madrid might win it this year.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

What happened to the slogan... "we will make them hate their profession"? Oh my God, football is a cruel game.

Let barca pay for all their racism and let them and the refs enjoy watching the final in the TV SCREEN.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

why the water sprinklers, am sure majority of football fans love the way barcelona plays, last night, they were sore losers!! they will end up like real madrid if they keep on selling their quality players!!!, real madrid has never recovered from the sale of makelele!!!!

Marko
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

CMS wrote:The man is a racist period. Stop beating around the bush.
KPOM!!!
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Ziontrain wrote:
kamerun wrote:what are all these Etoo threads opened for ? The man played 4 games against his former club who supposedly treated him badly and could hardly get a shot on goal...when I talk about good fortune...his worshipers dont understand. Had Bojans goal been accepted and Ibracadabra got a chance to play in the final scoring against Bayern what would that mean??? Didnt Etoo hide for 180mn against Chelsea in the CL semis last year only for iniesta to rescue them at the last minute??? Mschewwwww :dream:
The "goal" was correctly cancelled because it was a foul. Why bother mentioning that crap? Bottom line is though that Barcelona is a little suspect in how they handle black players. There seems to be a bit of a reluctance to give the black guys their due, But hey it's their problem.
Yeah just like Assnal gave Adebayor his dues..
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ummm, I dunno about you, but I counted up to 5 or 6 times where Yaya Toure messed up Barca's passing move by either giving a bad pass (while not being under-pressure I might add), deciding to shoot from impossible angles etc...Busquets is better at what Barca likes to do, keep possession and pass around, he just simply is. Yaya is more of a brute and thats simply doesn't fit into the scheme of things.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I can't think of any other coach who would not have brought on Henry at some point in the second half
maceo4 wrote:Ummm, I dunno about you, but I counted up to 5 or 6 times where Yaya Toure messed up Barca's passing move by either giving a bad pass (while not being under-pressure I might add), deciding to shoot from impossible angles etc...Busquets is better at what Barca likes to do, keep possession and pass around, he just simply is. Yaya is more of a brute and thats simply doesn't fit into the scheme of things.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

nanijoe wrote:I can't think of any other coach who would not have brought on Henry at some point in the second half
maceo4 wrote:Ummm, I dunno about you, but I counted up to 5 or 6 times where Yaya Toure messed up Barca's passing move by either giving a bad pass (while not being under-pressure I might add), deciding to shoot from impossible angles etc...Busquets is better at what Barca likes to do, keep possession and pass around, he just simply is. Yaya is more of a brute and thats simply doesn't fit into the scheme of things.
Who knows whats going on with Henry if he was 100% fit or not. All I know is Henry is not having the best of seasons period and thats not Guardiola's fault.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Ugbowo wrote:I mean his decisions are hard to understand. He brought Jeffren on for crying out loud! Henry is fully fit and played and scored last saturday. He starts Yaya in CD and plays Busquets. Just what does Biscuits bring to the table?????
We have the benefit of hindsight which Sep didn't have.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Still cant understand the rationale behind swapping a player who is guaranteed to give you 20 plus goals a season, a big player for the big occasion and exchange with a bottler, Zlatan flatters to deceive, last night demanded heroes, Eto was one of them, dont be suprised if Eto scores in the finals, he always lives for the big occasion

fair enough he has not scored too many goals in his first season but sometimes it takes a while to adjust to new clubs, most players go through this, Barca screwed up big time, lost 40 million and gave away a rolls royce as well!!! Mourinho definitely has African traits in him, he four-one-nine Barca, they are only finding out!!!

Marko
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

marko wrote:Still cant understand the rationale behind swapping a player who is guaranteed to give you 20 plus goals a season, a big player for the big occasion and exchange with a bottler, Zlatan flatters to deceive, last night demanded heroes, Eto was one of them, dont be suprised if Eto scores in the finals, he always lives for the big occasion

fair enough he has not scored too many goals in his first season but sometimes it takes a while to adjust to new clubs, most players go through this, Barca screwed up big time, lost 40 million and gave away a rolls royce as well!!! Mourinho definitely has African traits in him, he four-one-nine Barca, they are only finding out!!!
Zlatan has also given them 20 goals this season, its the big game situation where he's been found wanting. The guy really disappointed me sha he has the talent but not the drive it seems.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Yup! He said it before me. Dude is a racist. I mean Busquets over Yaya Toure?
The Goddess wrote:
CMS wrote:The man is a racist period. Stop beating around the bush.
KPOM!!!
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)