Kanu: ‘It’s World Cup or Final!’

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=29048

Nigeria skipper Nwankwo Kanu has re-stated his belief that the Super Eagles could soar all the way at next month’s World Cup in South Africa.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have already set a semi-final target for the Eagles in South Africa, but Kanu, who is on the verge of his third World Cup, has predicted Nigeria could even go all the way and win the tournament.

“Yes, this is a big opportunity for an African team especially as the tournament is being played in Africa. It is a chance for an African team to make a big impact – either to win the World Cup or at least get to the final,” Kanu said on a BBC TV interview programme, Extra Time.

“Nigeria will be one of the strongest African teams at the World Cup. On a good day, we can beat any team, be it Brazil or Argentina.

“We only have to have the belief and be positive. We don’t go down to anybody because we have to show the world we’re good especially on a big stage like the World Cup.”

He added: “In Nigeria, we can die because of football. Four years ago, we did not make it to the World Cup, but luckily we will be in South Africa.

“We want to come out with something everybody can be proud of.”

Kanu made history when he led Nigeria to become the first African team to win Olympic soccer gold in 1996, beating Brazil and Argentina on the way.

Nigeria are drawn in a first round group that includes Argentina, Greece and South Korea and Kanu warned that there will be surprises.

“There will be surprises at this World Cup and it won’t be advisable for anybody to underrate any team,” said Kanu.

“Argentina are a big football country, but all the same, we won’t go into this match just to go and pick balls. It will be an interesting game and the result of this game could determine this group.

“It’s important to win our first game and from there, we can move forward.”

Nigeria will begin training camp in England on Friday after a Presidential reception in Abuja the previous day.
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kanu: ‘It’s World Cup or Final!’

Post by WINNERMAN »

Fighting words, l love it !!! :thumbs: :thumbs: Now, go and do the work.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

wishin dem all d best
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

That's what I want to hear, fighting word. Forget about preparation or organisation we ge defect them with our mouth and yanga.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Even King Kanu gets a bit high from time to time..nothing wrong with that..it is common in sporting circles..just ask Phelps
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

tbite wrote:Image

Even King Kanu gets a bit high from time to time..nothing wrong with that..it is common in sporting circles..just ask Phelps
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Without self-belief , all the preparation in the world will get you nowhere.
realtrouble wrote:That's what I want to hear, fighting word. Forget about preparation or organisation we ge defect them with our mouth and yanga.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

nanijoe wrote:Without self-belief , all the preparation in the world will get you nowhere.
realtrouble wrote:That's what I want to hear, fighting word. Forget about preparation or organisation we ge defect them with our mouth and yanga.
KPOM!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

nanijoe wrote:Without self-belief , all the preparation in the world will get you nowhere.
Self belief is just a couple of notches up on 'luck'.

Good preparation is the foundation to success, self belief and luck follows after
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

This is one of the reasons why we need Kanu in the team. He has stared down Brazil and Argentina, and beaten them silly in the space of a few days, kicking and screaming. No shaking, Argentina go hear wien!

Wha choo looking at?!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

KANU MUST GO TO THE WC. HE WILL BE VERY INSPIRATIONAL, WE SHOULD DROP THE USELESS AND FAT YAKUBU, OR UCHE IF HE IS NOT FIT.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Robbynice wrote:
KPOM!

I know u are not Kpoming that. How can Nigeria soar all the way to the final when Amodu is not the coach?

Having said that, I think Kanu is high from smoking mat strands. Soar ko, flight ni.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

i've stopped listening to the hypes from our players since Ghana2008 Nations Cup.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

While other countries are preparing by scouting their opponents and organizing friendlies, we are here KPOMING a fighting word from a player that may not feature for more 30 minutes in the whole tournament. If fighting words win tournaments, England should have won the last three world cups. And talking about Nigeria winning the cup, some of you guys are more delusional than I thought.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Robbynice wrote:
KPOM!
:evil: :twisted:
Still can't resist those man crush on Kanu, Robby :taunt: :taunt:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Tue May 18, 2010 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Ekorian wrote:While other countries are preparing by scouting their opponents and organizing friendlies, we are here KPOMING a fighting word from a player that may not feature for more 30 minutes in the whole tournament. If fighting words win tournaments, England should have won the last three world cups. And talking about Nigeria winning the cup, some of you guys are more delusional than I thought.

You dey mind them..

Non Playing Captaing Yawning Opak as Usual..
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

We seem to forget the legendary luck of our new President.In just a few weeks as the Oga,we win the WAFU Cup after more than a decade.Having been properly sworn in,watch his luck rub off on the Super Eagles.SUPER EAGLES CARRY GO!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

ye ye small pikin..u tink say dis wan na canta ball(table soccer)..I beg its confido..I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tbite wrote:Image

The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Some of you are too negative sha!!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
anaedo1
Egg
Egg

Post by anaedo1 »

Ekorian wrote:While other countries are preparing by scouting their opponents and organizing friendlies, we are here KPOMING a fighting word from a player that may not feature for more 30 minutes in the whole tournament. If fighting words win tournaments, England should have won the last three world cups. And talking about Nigeria winning the cup, some of you guys are more delusional than I thought.
Kanu wants to be at the WC and will say anything to be on the final list.I am all for his inclusion in the final list for reasons some of us are aware.That said,we have not prepared enough to win the WC as Papillo posited,as that takes a lot more than word power.
Incidentally,why was it that none of all the pious ever discovered psycho-analysis?Why did it have to wait for a completely godless Jew?
Sigmund Freud
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Obong wrote:We seem to forget the legendary luck of our new President.In just a few weeks as the Oga,we win the WAFU Cup after more than a decade.Having been properly sworn in,watch his luck rub off on the Super Eagles.SUPER EAGLES CARRY GO!

Oga Obong na wa for you , so you mean luck is just showing up without preparing. Even Jonathan with all his luck did certain basic things to be in the psoition to receive the windfall that came his way. Man mi leave luck out of this, it is this attitude that has kept us down and continue to keep a number of people down. Work hard , prepare and wait for luck, not the case of perpetuating confusion, chaos while hoping providence smiles , such providence comes from the devil and it comes with the aim of keeping people in suffering and smiling bondage. Anyone who thinks we are going to play in the finals need to check out the drug they have been taking, it is either an illicit substance or has expired.

Check out the history of our success in the game from every level, it has come through preparation and hard work, our history in the game is also awash with useless outings we have recorded as a result of shambolic, chaotic preparations as we are seeing today. I wont even be worried if we have the sort of players we used to have in the past, players who know how to thrive in the midst of confusion, these bunch of players wilt under pressure, so i wonder where this optimism is coming from. Call me a naysayer, but everything in me draws confidence from hardwork and serious preparation, even heaven is favoribly disposed towards that.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Please kanu, stop paying journalists!!! let lagerback choose the squad based on form, fitness levels and performance, seems like he is looking for PR to join another european club
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ekorian, dem go beat you for hia o, you too like to tok tru. You forgot to add that other serious countries are hiring coaches 4 YEARS before the world cup, not 4 months. Such serious countries give their coaches time to instill the team with their coaching philosophy; serious countries give their coaches time to know the players, and find new ones to replace the aging. Serious countries give the coach time to experiment with different things, and give him time for the team he finally settles on to jell using his tactics.