Enyeama: It`s Jabulani`s fault

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Zelex
Egg
Egg
Enyeama: It`s Jabulani`s fault

Post by Zelex »

Nigerian goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama has blamed the ball for Greece's winner in their 2-1 victory over the Super Eagles in Bloemfontein on Thursday.

The West Africans opened the scoring in the 16th minute through a Kalu Uche free-kick, but the game was turned on its head when Sani Kaita was sent off on 33 minutes after kicking out at Vasilis Torosidis.

Dimitrios Salpingidis then netted Greece's first ever goal at a World Cup finals after his shot deflected into the net off Nigeria's Lukman Haruna.

Enyeama made a series of brilliant saves to keep the scores deadlocked, but the pressure finally told when he spilt a shot to gift Torosidis a goal from right in front.

However, the 27-year-old says he was not at fault and has become the latest player at the World Cup to bemoan the official adidas Jabulani matchball.

"I wouldn't say it's my mistake, it's the ball. What can I say, it is how it is," he exclusively told Football365.co.za.

"This is the ball we were given for the tournament and we have got to play with it."

Enyeama admitted that it would be difficult for Nigeria to pick themselves up after the disappointing result, but he is confident they can still progress from the group.

"I don't really care about myself. I am part of the team and it's very disappointing. We've got to pick our heads up now and see how we perform," he added.

"We still have a team that can get through to the next round, but we have a lot to work on before our next game."

Nigeria have to beat South Korea in their final Group B fixture and hope that Argentina see off Greece if they hope to progress and Enyeama is counting on some Lionel Messi magic.

"We will count on Messi to deliver if he can produce the magic I think we stand a chance," he said.

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22 ... 27,00.html
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Riversboy
Egg
Egg
Re: Enyeama: It`s Jabulani`s fault

Post by Riversboy »

Enyeama, I believe in you.

If Ivory Coast qualify, we should sign annexation papers, so Enyeama can go play for them and win something.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Enyeama, you bi my man, but come on, you can't blame the ball.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

No be the same ball everyone dey use? I'm an Enyeama fan but this one na excuse.
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Riversboy wrote:Enyeama, I believe in you.

If Ivory Coast qualify, we should sign annexation papers, so Enyeama can go play for them and win something.
seriously!!! i wish we could loan him to a more serious African nation like Ghana or CIV. it is a shame he has to play with a bunch of passionless individuals.. 1 goal down and you are still walking around on the pitch!! :cry: :cry:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

This guy is too good, some of us saves where out of this world.
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

I like Enyeama's comments. Mr. Yobo was busy labelling his team as immature and inexperienced. It is Ok for Enyeama to blame the ball... He is thinking with his head.
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

u wey don stop almost everything wey come ur way come dey do follow follow blame jubuwateva, abeg
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Enyeama has been fantastic. I don't care if he made one mistake. He has been simply fantastic.

I hope when the World Cup is over he reaps the financial benefits of a move out of Israel to a bigger club in a better league. He will be 28 in August, but goalkeepers' careers last longer than outfield players (Van der Saar will be 40 this year, abi?), so if he stays healthy he could have another decade or so in top flight football.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

He pulled off about 9 world class saves against Argentina with the same ball. $@#% happens.
http://www.naijiant.com/
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

....how come after a loss U peeps cannot take a professionals pov?the ball,turf and other things can influence a game U know.. :roll:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]cic old boy[/color] wrote: He pulled off about 9 world class saves against Argentina with the same ball. $@#% happens.
If he is embarrassed about the goal then he should talk to Robert Greene.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

I can't quibble with Enyeama. Nigeria's best player by far.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

World Cup 2010: Fabio Capello slams 'worst ever ball'
England's Robert Green

Highlights - England 1-1 USA

England coach Fabio Capello believes the World Cup ball is the worst he has ever seen.

The Jabulani ball being used in South Africa for the World Cup has been widely criticised because of its irregular flight.

"For the players it is terrible," said Capello. "It is also terrible for the keepers because it is impossible to anticipate the trajectory."

World governing body Fifa has defended the ball, saying it was fully "tested".

The Jabulani - its name derives from the Zulu words "to celebrate" - was made available in February and was used at this year's Africa Cup of Nations as well as a number of domestic leagues, including Germany, Argentina and the United States.

The ball was tested at Loughborough University in England but it was not used in the Premier League because it has a contract with rival manufacturer Nike.

Adidas say altitude is the main factor affecting the way the ball behaves in flight and have blamed players for not practising enough with it before the tournament.

However, Capello feels the ball is having an adverse effect on games.

606: DEBATE
Give your views on the World Cup ball

"The big problem is that sometimes this ball is impossible to control," said England's Italian manager.

"It is good when you play short passes but when you try to switch the ball with long passes it is very difficult to understand the trajectory."

England drew their opening game with the USA 1-1 when an awful error from goalkeeper Robert Green allowed Clint Dempsey to equalise Steven Gerrard's opening goal in Rustenburg.

Green refused to blame the ball for his handling error but admitted that it had moved unexpectedly after Dempsey hit his shot.

Rooney denies ball is a problem

Ivory Coast boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has joined the chorus of criticism and believes goalkeepers should be consulted when new footballs are being designed for international tournaments.

"It's too late to do something about it in this World Cup," said Eriksson.

"It's a decision for the authorities for the next big tournament. It should be discussed and everyone should listen to the top goalkeepers in the world."

England's David James, Italy's Gianluigi Buffon and Iker Casillas of Spain were among the goalkeepers who criticised the Jabulani before the tournament began.

"The ball is dreadful. It's horrible but it's horrible for everyone," stated James, who said some goalkeepers would end up "looking daft".

Eriksson, who was previously in charge of England and Mexico, said he could understand why goalkeepers were unhappy.

"Maybe we will see some goals. But discussion between managers, the company who produce the football and the football players, that would be good," he added.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bafana Keepers Unhappy With Jabulani Ball

Itumeleng Khune of South Africa
Brazil Beat Zim | Ike Crushed
June 3, 2010

The word Jabulani in Zulu means 'to bring joy' but the Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Ball titled 'Jabulani' has brought nothing but difficulty to goalkeepers and has drawn criticism from various coaches and goalkeepers around the globe.

Among those complainers are Spain’s number one Iker Casillas and now joining the growing list of critics are Bafana Bafana goal tenders Itumeleng Khune and Moeneeb Josephs.

The pair told MTNFootball.com that they are having difficulty dealing with the flight of the ball in particular.

Khune said he had to concur with Casillas on the difficulty of reading the flight of the ball correctly, "I agree with him, this ball gives goalkeepers nightmares: as a goalkeeper thinking about the way this ball moves keeps you from sleeping because you are thinking about tomorrow and how you are going to manage to play with this ball."

The 22-year-old goalkeeper believes that this ball is directing unwarranted criticism towards keepers, "people are saying goalkeepers are unable to deal with crosses and shots from outside the box. It’s not the keepers who are at fault; it is actually the way the ball is designed that is making things difficult."

Khune explained that he was trying to deal with the unpredictable nature of the ball by continuously working on the areas of the game where the ball is being a particular nuisance.

"Training does not end until I work on about 20 - 30 crosses and dealing with shots from outside the area. In the recent friendly against Bulgaria there was a shot from distance where I could not catch the ball cleanly and had to drop the ball and grab it at the second attempt."

Khune's rival for the starting role as Bafana's first choice stopper Moeneeb Joseph also spelled out his dissatisfaction for the ball, "people or Adidas are not being fair on the goalkeepers, but in the end the ball is really there for entertainment purposes and to create more goals. Still, let’s be fair to us as goalkeepers; beat us with your own talent not with help from the ball."

Josephs was amongst the first goalkeepers to get to test the ball as his club Orlando Pirates who are sponsored by Adidas and were training with the ball well before it was officially launched in December last year.

Despite having had all this time to work with the ball Josephs still finds it difficult to read the flight of the ball, "I’m still not used to it. You can train as much as you want with it.

"This ball has a mind of its own and it does one thing in training and another during the game, but its good for the supporters and for the quality goals they want. What can we do about it?"
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

To know how bad the ball is take notice of when a long pass is made. The intended receive never seems to be able to catch up with the ball as it races faster than it was intended.

Drake
Egg
Egg

Post by Drake »

Enyeama has a lot of company concerning his thoughts on the ball.
Omo Eniyan
Egg
Egg

Post by Omo Eniyan »

Man, that ball is whack :boo:
"If you even dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologize." - Mohammed Ali
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Penarity wrote:I like Enyeama's comments. Mr. Yobo was busy labelling his team as immature and inexperienced. It is Ok for Enyeama to blame the ball... He is thinking with his head.
Yobo is saying the same thing that Taribo said in 2002. LagerFraud went with JUNK players lol Yobo is saying that he prefers Olofinjana to Haruna and Kaita who dont have experience lol
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Oga Tutu
Egg
Egg

Post by Oga Tutu »

If no be Enyeama, we no for qualify even if we win against S Korea cos the goal against ratio for reach 100.
It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Enyeama has saved Naija big disgrace at this tournament. Naija best player so far. When your keeper becomes your best player...trouble dey boku....
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

These goalkeepers should thank JABULANI for all the balls that went over the bar.

Cmoke :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Killa Adjei wrote:No be the same ball everyone dey use? I'm an Enyeama fan but this one na excuse.
If I didn't know any better I'd think you are yarning correct yarns. If anybody makes excuse for the ball it is not Enyeamagnet. Besides, Buffon, Howard, Cesar have complained about it.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

mouko wrote:Enyeama has saved Naija big disgrace at this tournament. Naija best player so far. When your keeper becomes your best player...trouble dey boku....
Germany reached the final of the 2002 WC and their goalkeeper was the best player of their team,too (but the best player of all either :taunt: )
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!